Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Intimacy

• Start Topic

Basement Veneers Ryan is gunning for Douche’s asshole of the show card. He doesn’t have a brutish nature but what he did to Jaclyn was so hurtful (and I don’t even like the girl).

How can he stop being into her after they had sex? Does she have meat curtains or something? If i was Jaclyn, I would never, ever want to have sex with him again. I’m curious to see how Logan will address this. Probably some BS exercise like Naked Legos.

• Love 5
(edited)

I wonder if Davina's battery-powered device will get a talking head interview.

Davina's BoB is a much better bet than Sean will EVER be.

There is something so phony, so smarmy, so false about Sean.

And I hate the way Cilona and now the sexologist lay blame at Davina's feet. She's got her problems but geez, Sean is a mega asshole who is NOT interested in Davina or marriage with anybody.

So many cliches!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 7

Guys have been pulling away from girls after they have sex the first time since the beginning of time.   I kind of see it as the natural order of things being as they had no real relationship built up yet (a few days on a honeymoon does not count).  And, I mean that for both Ryans.  Truthfully, I would rather that they didn't have sex for the first month.  I mean, they may split up after six weeks, so why push sex before then. I think they should make that part of the experiment. 

If Davinia wants sex, why doesn't she initiate it rather than just whine because Sean doesn't.  Maybe he'll say yes.   For all the gossip about him being a player, he seems more like a nerdy guy to me - just as Basement Ryan does.  Nothing wrong with that. But nerdy guys don't normally initiate sex beause they are too shy to do so.    

• Love 3

Honestly, I'm not even going to pretend to understand anything on this show anymore. 

I don't know if it's an editing thing or they're all just the most awkward, incorrectly-matched couples ever in the history of the world. 

Or a little of both.

Jacyln and Ryan are only a little less cringeworthy than the other two. 

Otherwise, I got nothin.

• Love 5

The only good thing about this week is Ryan D is not coming off as abusive as weeks before.  He still just doesn't seem to care for Jessica.  He won't even look at her and it really seems to hurt him to give her a compliment.  I really would like to see Jessica cook for once since she said she would rather cook than go out.  For the night of his surprise would have been a great night to do so!!!  Nice treasure hunt tho!!!!!

For Ryan and Sean..... what the heck is up with you two with sex!!!  It is painful listening to you find reasons for not having sex.  Ryan claimed he could have sex every day and Sean claims he is very sexual.  In whose world?!!!!  I feel so sorry for all the girls!!!!!  .... especially Jaclyn.... girl you are good!!!!

I really don't see any of these couples making it.  They need more than the two weeks left to figure it out. As for now, I don't see a reason why any of them should stay together.  I don't understand ANY of the guys!!!

• Love 4

Realy REALLY bad matching by the experts and their instruments this season. The instruments obviously had major erectile dysfunction.

Next season, they should just pick names out of a hat. Or use a dartboard. Or spin a bottle. Of good booze.

• Love 15
(edited)

Maybe I'm over thinking but Sean seems to want to be on TV, Sean mentioned knowing Doug, which I'm assuming that caused him to watch season 1 (even of he says otherwise.) Jamie and Doug were popular, and a big part of their relationship those Six weeks was that they didn't have sex. I wouldn't put it past Sean to want to hold out thinking that it'll make good TV, and missing the point of Doug/Jamie were coming off as being genuine, and especially if he's not into Davina now that he knows her its appealing to him more and more. Or maybe he doesn't want to come off bad for sleeping with her but pulling away emotionally.

I flipped off the toe sucking when it was clear it was about to happen. The preview was enough, actually it was too much. Ew!

I didn't see parts of the episode. I did see Ryan ordering for himself and Jaclyn saying something about giving him control. Huh? Jaclyn finding it hard not to order for him says more about her need for control than Ryan, since Ryan just wants to do a basic adult thing. But I HATE being ordered for and have since I was old enough to speak up myself.

Jessica's cat perched on the shelf or where ever is a great example of why I find cats so creepy. The Sushi place is benefitting from the Ryan/Jess relationship.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

I still have a modicum of hope for Jaclyn and Ryan, but the other two are likely toast. Jessica and Ryan because they're toxic people in general and Sean and Davina because they bore me to death and more.

• Love 3
(edited)

When Sean was on his bro date, they seemed quite chummy. I thought Sean was more into him than Davina. But alas, no hot man-on-man drunken action. Maybe there will be some behind the scenes on the FYI site.

In the same vein, I totally thought Logan was hitting on Davina when she was talking about Davina being chocolate on the outside but sweet and soft in the center. C'mon, move this series to Cinemax.

Edited by janerazor
  • Love 4

Sean and Davina reverted back to their childhoods again with the hubble space camp or whatever it was. What is with those two? Last season, both Jason and Jamie had some pretty bad experiences growing up, but they both moved on and were able to form an adult relationship. Sean and Davina both seem stuck in adolescence..

I've dated and broken up with guys just like Ryan R. Nice guy, but just so dull. I can see Jacklyn and him making it past the 6 weeks, but I feel like in a few years she's going to realize just how bored she is with him.

Has Jessica "I like to eat at home and cook" even cooked once?

• Love 4
(edited)

I really like Jaclyn but is she really that dense and overbearing that she can't even allow Ryan to order in a freaking restaurant?  And then she goes on about how difficult it is for her to let him do it?  I don't care how long she's supposedly been single, I don't think that has anything to do with it at this point.  She just wants to be in control of everything.  Seriously, I still say it's no wonder she's still single.  She's a smotherer.  Ryan's giving it his best shot.  I think Jaclyn needs someone with more push back who would keep her from taking over everything all the time.  Ryan's not enough man for her.  He just went away and sulked about it but he doesn't have the personality to deal with it.   And Jaclyn wants this relationship so bad but after a while I think he will bore her to death.  She is already kidding him for not liking any food - That's an indication right there of how uninteresting she thinks he is.  He wouldn't even go to an Indian restaurant with her.  She's part Indian.  Yikes, that would be a deal breaker for me if a guy didn't want to eat Italian food and I'm half Italian.

Sean is such a phony baloney I find it hard to talk about him at this point.  I'm not a Davina fan but she deserves better than him.  Her friend Chris' conversation with him really brought home what an ass Sean is.  Chris is a real guy.  A real Native New Yorker like I love from back home.  Sean looked like an immature, un-self aware pantywaist next to him.  It was almost like Chris was saying, "Dude, grow a pair of balls and fuck her, what are you waiting for?"  I don't even think Sean knows what is motivating him (or not motivating him) at this point.  He is scared shitless at having to act like an adult in a real relationship.  The hyper rationality is his armor and a cover for his immaturity.  I really see no hope for that relationship because of him.  Davina is mildly creepy but he's ridiculous.  I still think he is just going through the motions for the camera but he's really completely checked out of the relationship, even the sex part of it.  He was clearly not ready for marriage with anyone, not just Davina.

Watching Jess and Ryan I thought about how they reminded me of when I was young, although younger than they are right now.  I also thought about how native New Yorkers are often misunderstood because we can be straight talkers and fighters.  I don't see Ryan D. as abusive just a tough smart mouthed New Yorker.  Not unlike myself and many people I know.  We're a tough bunch.  Jessica is sensitive but I think she's tougher than she looks.  Not unlike myself.  That's just a subjective reaction, though.  Other than that I don't know what to say about them.  This week I felt was again more of the same.  No real developments.  "Experts" making them engage in stupid exercises designed to look cute on TV but which add up to nothing.  It's being dragged out forever to fill out more shows.  And more freaking sushi!  I've never seen Jess and Ryan eat anything else in that apartment.  Jessica is FOS that she likes to cook.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 5

I really like Jaclyn but is she really that dense and overbearing that she can't even allow Ryan to order in a freaking restaurant? And then she goes on about how difficult it is for her to let him do it? I don't care how long she's supposedly been single, I don't think that has anything to do with it at this point. She just wants to be in control of everything. Seriously, I still say it's no wonder she's still single. She's a smotherer.

Seriously. I have been with my boyfriend for 10 years sand we typically know exactly what the other person is going to order it would never occur to either of us to order for the other person if they were there, unless it was a fAmily style or tapas meal. Maybe a drink and an app if one of us was running late or in the bathroom but for her to be that controlling is insane.

• Love 5

Seriously. I have been with my boyfriend for 10 years sand we typically know exactly what the other person is going to order it would never occur to either of us to order for the other person if they were there, unless it was a fAmily style or tapas meal. Maybe a drink and an app if one of us was running late or in the bathroom but for her to be that controlling is insane.

I grew up knowing that older generations thought the man should order for a woman, especially on a date.  It was considered polite and everyone knew their place.  Of course no one I know in my age bracket ever bought into that outdated mentality (even my parents didn't) but Jaclyn is just the opposite of that being a woman who wants to order for her man.

This episode went by so fast, (2 minutes of show, 6 minutes of commercial - lather, rinse, repeat) I feel like we haven't learned anything new about these couples.  All psychobabble filler barring Sean's space fantasy and GF moon pies. In the first two episodes, all Sean talked about was sex with Davina, and now that she's edging towards it, he's pulling away.  Like mentioned above, that seems to be the main theme this season - girls try to get closer..guys pull away.  

Jessica will never get a cuddly Ryan because either he just isn't a cuddly guy, or he isn't into her enough to want to cuddle. I think he sees Jessica as more of a sexual object than a long-term partner, perfectly demonstrated by the way he speaks to her, even when not angry - head always down, never looking her in the eye. Sleeping with him on their wedding night, after only 4 to 6 hours of knowing each another, was a huge mistake on Jessica's part. I think he lost respect for her right then and there.

Jaclyn and Ryan R. are confusing me, but I still get the sense that he's just not that into her and it isn't going to change. I think their relationship is better suited for the friend zone.

• Love 6

Davina's voice absolutely grates. She.picks.each.word.so.carefully,as if each word is so though out and profound, it makes me want to throw a brick at my tv...but my reason for coming here tonite is Sean Grey. OMFG! I literally was speechless. ..any dude who knows who Mr. Grey is....is obviously NOT a Mr. Grey...and Ive never read the stupid books...omg Sean...seriously? Could he possibly be more pathetic and lame?

• Love 11

Guys have been pulling away from girls after they have sex the first time since the beginning of time.   I kind of see it as the natural order of things being as they had no real relationship built up yet (a few days on a honeymoon does not count).  And, I mean that for both Ryans.  Truthfully, I would rather that they didn't have sex for the first month.  I mean, they may split up after six weeks, so why push sex before then. I think they should make that part of the experiment.

I agree, I thought this too about the guys pulling away from the girls.  Although I'm getting the impression this might not have happened so much in the first season (which I have not watched).  I'd love to hear others' takes on this who did watch the first season.

I finally get why Ryan R pulled back from Jaclyn. That girl is constantly full on slapping him in the face. She did it twice tonight after he made a joke and his reaction said everything. Jaclyn is a nice girl but who wants to go to the dentist every 4 days cause your wife is dislocating your teeth.

Not really getting all the hate this forum seems to have for Sean. He's the only one who has compromised (I'll be it begrungedingly) in that marriage. Can anyone name 1 thing she has compromised on since the marriage started? Just 1 thing. The guy is constantly walking on egg shells around Davina. She's beaten the spirit out of the guy completely. The guy comes home sick and she seems more pissed at him over that than compassionate about his situation. She said on twitter she got him the soup he came home with. That makes no sense whatsoever unless she sent him out to get said soup in which case she ordered soup not got it for him. Or maybe he is gay and loves to make an entrance. I would also love to know who started the rumor he's a ladies man cause that person needs glasses fast. He might (I stress might here) be flirty when he talks (as some people are) but a full on, close the deal ladies man? Give me a break.

Jessica said it all about her relationship with Ryan Douche. The sex is good buit emotionally they couldn't be further apart. They won't last. She might convince herself to keep going after 6 weeks but within a year it's over. Of course, that's assuming they are even legit to begin with. They both scream actors playing their part to me.

• Love 8

Wow. A bit surprised by the comments about how Sean and Ryan R should just have sex with their wives. So, guys who take advantage of women are sex crazed pigs, but guys who are cognizant of their and their partner's feelings and don't take advantage are what? Pu&&ies?

• Love 3

Davina's voice absolutely grates. She.picks.each.word.so.carefully,as if each word is so though out and profound, it makes me want to throw a brick at my tv...but my reason for coming here tonite is Sean Grey. OMFG! I literally was speechless. ..any dude who knows who Mr. Grey is....is obviously NOT a Mr. Grey...and Ive never read the stupid books...omg Sean...seriously? Could he possibly be more pathetic and lame?

I've said it before- Sean screams gay to me- I think he might enjoy a little more of Mr. Grey and a little less of whoever is the female character in the book/movie.

I have decided I hate all three couples almost equally. I missed the earlier episodes and came in at the honeymoon--but while originally I kind of liked Ryan and Jaclyn--her ordering food for him like he's a child bugs me to no end. Who in this day and age does this? You take me out to eat and then order for me- you aren't going to get to enjoy that hot meal because I'll have smacked your presumptuous face, and poured my hot tea in your lap!  How the hell do you know that I like my steaks rare with baked potato with sour cream- and I judge all restaurants by how well they do steak? Like I said- really bugs me. :)

The rest of the show is tripe. The experts are all idiots who seem to know absolutely NOTHING of value, there is nothing even slightly interesting about these people-- I don't care if they all have a gagglefuck together to get higher ratings.  Have sex, don't have sex, I just don't care... 

• Love 1

I made an effort, I did. Started watching, realized I couldn't stomach any more of Sean and Davina. Fast-forward. Not interested in Jessica and Ryan, either. Fast-forward. Saw Ryan R. mopping the floor -- scintillating. Saw a bit with a voiceover saying how he and Jaclyn were trying to make it work, with the image of what was basically their good-bye, let's be friends, hug from last week. More fast-forwarding ... Sean again, on his bro date. Give me a fucking break and I can't FF fast enough. Nothing else catches my attention. Done. Delete.

• Love 5

Honestly, I'm not even going to pretend to understand anything on this show anymore.

I don't know if it's an editing thing or they're all just the most awkward, incorrectly-matched couples ever in the history of the world.

Or a little of both.

Jacyln and Ryan are only a little less cringeworthy than the other two.

Otherwise, I got nothin.

Agree with this. Last season, I hoped that Jason would end up with Cortney, Doug would end up with Jamie because no one else on this planet could deal with all the crazy and Vaughn and Monet were not happening. This season, I seem to find myself wishing that these people don't stay together. Please! Nevermind love and marriage, some seem to find it hard to even like the other person. Four of the six are unlikable period, so I guess it's understandable. If Ryan R (or as Moonxyz called him - Basement Veneers Ryan - lolol) doesn't get it together soon, he's going on that list, too. Jaclyn can be a bit much but I admire her for dealing with this experience always with a smile and without a mountain of regurgitated baggage. The season so far has been surprising in that the "experts" seemed to have been so very far off. Horrifying, too, that they encourage these train wrecks to get in deeper as well. If there is a next season, maybe they should consider Davina's friend, Chris. He seemed pretty reliable, levelheaded and sincere from the jump. At least he doesn't analyze his feelings, he just talks! ;)

• Love 8
(edited)

Not really getting all the hate this forum seems to have for Sean. He's the only one who has compromised (I'll be it begrungedingly) in that marriage. Can anyone name 1 thing she has compromised on since the marriage started? Just 1 thing. The guy is constantly walking on egg shells around Davina. She's beaten the spirit out of the guy completely. The guy comes home sick and she seems more pissed at him over that than compassionate about his situation. She said on twitter she got him the soup he came home with. That makes no sense whatsoever unless she sent him out to get said soup in which case she ordered soup not got it for him. Or maybe he is gay and loves to make an entrance. I would also love to know who started the rumor he's a ladies man cause that person needs glasses fast. He might (I stress might here) be flirty when he talks (as some people are) but a full on, close the deal ladies man? Give me a break.

Sean is coming across like a weak putz on this show and yes he has been more flexible than Davina.  My theory on the flexibility is that he's going through the motions (albeit begrudgingly) because he wants to be on TV.  My theory as to why he's not looking very manly is that he's only comfortable when he's within the safe boundaries of either a one night stand or a fuck buddies relationship, where he is in control of the situation and can get away with a minimum of emotional expenditure.  People who supposedly know him have said on other boards that he is a playboy who beds down lots of women, and this has been discussed here.  Of course that's not necessarily true, but I can believe it.  So I think that's why you're seeing all that hate for him here.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 4
(edited)

This episode went by so fast, (2 minutes of show, 6 minutes of commercial - lather, rinse, repeat) I feel like we haven't learned anything new about these couples.  All psychobabble filler barring Sean's space fantasy and GF moon pies. In the first two episodes, all Sean talked about was sex with Davina, and now that she's edging towards it, he's pulling away.  Like mentioned above, that seems to be the main theme this season - girls try to get closer..guys pull away.  

Jessica will never get a cuddly Ryan because either he just isn't a cuddly guy, or he isn't into her enough to want to cuddle. I think he sees Jessica as more of a sexual object than a long-term partner, perfectly demonstrated by the way he speaks to her, even when not angry - head always down, never looking her in the eye. Sleeping with him on their wedding night, after only 4 to 6 hours of knowing each another, was a huge mistake on Jessica's part. I think he lost respect for her right then and there.

Totally. One of the most telling moments in the episode was in Ryan D.'s talking head after their session with Dr. Logan. He talked about how physical affection and intimacy would come naturally for him if he felt the right mental/emotional connection with Jessica. You can tell there is just nothing there for him. 

Another telling moment: Davina and Sean laying in bed looking at their wedding album and then Sean says "I'm going to bed." This is after their session with Dr. Logan and after Chris saying he needs to take control and show initiative. Sure, Sean. You're just like Christian Grey. Just like him. 

I actually find Jessica's voice/speech pattern extremely annoying - sort of slow and stilted and giggly with exaggerated pauses and blinks. 

I'm still really rooting for Jaclyn and Ryan R.

Edited by mamey2422
  • Love 5

Sean is coming across like a weak putz on this show and yes he has been more flexible than Davina.  My theory on the flexibility is that he's going through the motions (albeit begrudgingly) because he wants to be on TV.  My theory as to why he's not looking very manly is that he's only comfortable when he's within the safe boundaries of either a one night stand or a fuck buddies relationship, where he is in control of the situation and can get away with a minimum of emotional expenditure.  People who supposedly know him have said on other boards that he is a playboy who beds down lots of women, and this has been discussed here.  Of course that's not necessarily true, but I can believe it.  So I think that's why you're seeing all that hate for him here.

I get the weak argument. It's like the guy is a timid wimp sometimes with how he talks to Davina but that is a far stretch from manipulative, womanizing, obsessed with being on reality tv and all the other stuff I've seen thrown his way. I read that post from his so called co-worker. Last time I was there some posters were convinced it was a fake possibly from 1 of Davina's friends/fans though that was a while back. Didn't said co-worker also say he didn't get that promotion only for a pic to show up of him presenting a nurse an award decked out in a suit. Pretty strange thing to wear (and it was only him wearing one) if you are just a fellow grunt and not management. Maybe (s)he got passed over for said promotion. We'll never know but it seems strange to believe some anonymous person on the net who gave no proof whatsoever they were telling the truth. And it's not like they couldn't have done so without outing themselves pretty damned easily. That whole thing screamed BS from someone with an axe to grind to me. I believe what I see and what I've seen of Sean just doesn't scream womanizer, manipulative or even someone who should want to be on reality tv since he talks at people and not to them. That is when he isn't getting pouted at by the schrew. It's no surprise why she's still single at that age.

That's probably why I'm a little more on Ryan R's side and a little wary of Jaclyn. She was single for 7 years and hasn't been intimate with another person in 2. Red flag city there. No way someone as cool as Jaclyn comes across is still single or has been alone for almost a decade unless she has some major bones in the closet and/or is conning us.

I made an effort, I did. Started watching, realized I couldn't stomach any more of Sean and Davina. Fast-forward. Not interested in Jessica and Ryan, either. Fast-forward. Saw Ryan R. mopping the floor -- scintillating. Saw a bit with a voiceover saying how he and Jaclyn were trying to make it work, with the image of what was basically their good-bye, let's be friends, hug from last week. More fast-forwarding ... Sean again, on his bro date. Give me a fucking break and I can't FF fast enough. Nothing else catches my attention. Done. Delete.

Well, my DVR had some sense of decency and rational judgment last night, since it did not record this episode (I think because the show title was slightly different, but still, better than I would've done).  So I was spared from even having to ff through this clusterfuck.

• Love 2

Sean and Davina : I was convinced her bitterness came from them screwing then him pulling away. No. She’s bitter because she is getting rejected on national TV. I have never seen a straight man make so many excuses to not smash an attractive girl. Either : a) he is gay  ;b) At this stage he knew he would divorce and didn’t want to be seen as the bad guy who slept with the girl then dumped her

Ryan and Jessica: I think that Ryan is actually very stupid and has the emotional maturity of a10 year old. After the « I’ll compromise if she likes to cook », its « I’m not attracted to her therefore I’m not affectionate”. Also, I want to burn his gray sweaters. Seriously, dude has no clothes. How can he come back from work in sweatpants? What type of business consulting is that?

Basement and Jaclyn : Both of them annoy me but interact like adults. I don’t believe they will stay together in the long term. Bottom line is that if she isn’t willing to live in the basement or the house next door, they will split. Also, his denture like veneers really bother me, he needs to fix them

• Love 4

Lol at Sean comparing Davina's body to pizza dough. Does he even hear the words coming out of his mouth? No woman wants to be compared to dough.

"Gluten free" pizza dough.  And remember they ate "gluten free" wedding cake.  Good lord.

• Love 4

Two weeks in a row, I sat with my phone in my hands and barely paid attention to what was happening on the screen. A few observations I had about the couples this week.

1) Davina and Sean. Davina, he's just not that in to you. Any man that is in to a woman - likes a woman, and LOVES their boobs so much - will go in for the sex. So at this point, I don't think there is any hope for you guys. Sean checked out like a week in to the marriage, and for some reason Davina wants to be insufferable and throw herself at him when in truth - he just does not care. I don't know that he's a womanizer either. I don't know at all. To me he comes off as a complete and utter dork. A guy that can't even laugh. The two of them together are far too serious for me. Also, Davina, I hate your fashion sense, and biting your toe is not sucking it. And I really didn't need to see that.

2) Jessica and Ryan Douche - Jessica, Ryan is also - just not that in to you. Ryan Douche reminds me of an ex I once had. He really liked me early on in the relationship, but a month or so in he was cold and aloof. No touching, no cuddling nothing. It was at that point I knew there was no hope. I find it sort of sad that her friend said she needs to just stop settling for guys like this. As if even her friend realizes the "experts" put Jessica with a douchebag. Also, Ryan's wardrobe does not scream of someone that has a "big time" job. My husband is in the communications industry and has more sweaters than Ryan. I don't think one night of following sushi around the house is gonna fix these two.  If they don't divorce at the end, they will be on an episode of "wives with knives" or "who the bleep did I marry".

3) Jacklyn and Ryan - Don't care. 

That's it folks.

• Love 7

***My sentiments exactly. We saw this last time with Vaughn & Monet. The so-called experts are total idiots about this, but I'm sure they figure that these "stranger couples" getting permission to have sex within hours of meeting will be good for ratings.

***Except that it isn't. This show takes itself too seriously for that. I'm sure the vast majority of the audience is female and they're watching this kind of thing for the love and romance. If you want to see strangers get it on right after they meet, you can watch Dating Naked for that. MAFS is *supposed* to be a different kind of show.

It is, however, a good example of how total strangers getting down on their first rarely, if ever, leads to a strong and lasting long-term relationship. Hope all these women are paying attention.

• Love 2
(edited)

If Davinia wants sex, why doesn't she initiate it rather than just whine because Sean doesn't.  Maybe he'll say yes.   For all the gossip about him being a player, he seems more like a nerdy guy to me - just as Basement Ryan does.  Nothing wrong with that. But nerdy guys don't normally initiate sex beause they are too shy to do so.    

I really agree with the first paragraph.  I think that is the problem with these couples.  This is an experiment, not a marriage.  They know it isn't real.  Having sex under these circumstances makes no sense because there is no relationship, no commitment between the couples.

I think the experts should have asked, before this whole thing started, what they thought of marriage and what were their expectations.  

That's probably why I'm a little more on Ryan R's side and a little wary of Jaclyn. She was single for 7 years and hasn't been intimate with another person in 2. Red flag city there. No way someone as cool as Jaclyn comes across is still single or has been alone for almost a decade unless she has some major bones in the closet and/or is conning us.

I have to disagree because I think it's easier for men to put themselves out there.  Women have more to worry about (just watch any episode of Forensic Files or Dateline NBC).  Or maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe Jaclyn's a clinging vine and that's why she hasn't been in a relationship for a long time, you have sex with her and she doesn't want to let go, ever.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wondered myself why, if Davina wants to have sex, she doesn't say something or initiate it in some way. But I think she wants to feel wanted and doesn't want to be the one who makes that first step, because she's not sure if this relationship will even work. If she's the one who initiated sex and then he dumps her, she would feel very hurt afterwards. Just a theory, but I do think she's waiting for him to show that he really cares about her. Which he doesn't. Sean only cares about Sean. I think he's a narcissist.

About Sean being a player, I think he himself said something like that in the beginning, before they were matched.

I didn't see parts of the episode. I did see Ryan ordering for himself and Jaclyn saying something about giving him control. Huh? Jaclyn finding it hard not to order for him says more about her need for control than Ryan, since Ryan just wants to do a basic adult thing. But I HATE being ordered for and have since I was old enough to speak up myself.

Jessica's cat perched on the shelf or where ever is a great example of why I find cats so creepy. The Sushi place is benefitting from the Ryan/Jess relationship.

I was shocked that, apparently, Jaclyn ordering for Ryan wasn't just a one time thing; she's been doing it all along. I'm glad Ryan told her not to do that, and I'm glad he told her to stop grabbing, pinching, and slapping his face. What I like about Jaclyn, though, is that instead of getting defensive, she acknowledged Ryan's feelings and told him that, as hard as it is for her to stop doing these things, she will. I like how mature and level-headed she is - especially compared to the other two women on this show.

Lol at Sean comparing Davina's body to pizza dough. Does he even hear the words coming out of his mouth? No woman wants to be compared to dough.

Exactly! I was taken aback by that stupid comment from him. He either doesn't understand how women want to be talked to or he doesn't care.

Wow. A bit surprised by the comments about how Sean and Ryan R should just have sex with their wives. So, guys who take advantage of women are sex crazed pigs, but guys who are cognizant of their and their partner's feelings and don't take advantage are what? Pu&&ies?

But if their partner's feelings are that they want to have sex, then (IMHO) it's not taking advantage of them to do what they want. The guys turning down their wives comes off as hurtful to these women - they feel that they are not desirable. Of course, if the guys really don't desire their wives, then that's another thing.

"Gluten free" pizza dough.  And remember they ate "gluten free" wedding cake.  Good lord.

I wondered if the gluten free thing was because of a genuine medical issue or just because it's a fad.

Edited by BunnySlippers
  • Love 2

***Jessica's cat perched on the shelf or where ever is a great example of why I find cats so creepy.

The cat is up there because she's confused and frightened. She's been moved to a strange place and she has to listen to the two humans in the place yelling and fighting. I feel sorry for her.

• Love 9

I am second guessing myself for ever watching one of the marathons of season one with my girlfriend a while back....cause now I have this to deal with.  I feel like a rubbernecker at a car wreck.  Anyway:

• Davina and Sean - They are awful to watch and while I know that these 'reality' shows are contrived, these two do not seem to be real people at all.  I truly believe that they are aliens who have watched reality shows to analyze and act as 'normal' humans do but failing miserably.  Sean...as a fellow male I thought you should know that none of us use the term 'bro-date'...ever...let alone 397 times in one hour.  Plus it is not a 'bro date' if the 'bro' in question is not YOUR 'bro' but the 'bro' of your wife that you have met like twice....bro date.  Also, you 'thought' of decorating the apartment like a planetarium just like you 'thought' of playing with Legos...and it wasn't the producers shoving this crap on you and us...right.  And you cannot say you are 'Christian Grey' levels of sexuality when you cannot seem to find the right moment to have sex with your wife when you have been married for a month and she is SUCKING HER TOES IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!  Even if you aren't into that, instead of looking repulsed why not MAKE A MOVE!!!!  Also here's a thought, if your wife's male best friend is TELLING you, you should be having sex with Davina that probably means it is a message FROM HER!!!!  And you don't have to analyze when is the proper time to initiate.  And as far as Davina is concerned, her 'I am sorry for...wait, what exactly do I have to apologize for?' ....wow.  Yes my dear, you are perfect!  Jeez  Oh I forgot Sean...don't make a 50 Shades of Grey reference and think that will butch you up....it just makes us question you more.
  • Jessica and Jason Folded Flag - She is DELUSIONAL and he is DONE with her.  And I am done with the both of those two nitwits
  • Jacklyn Ryan Excitement - I feel as if I am missing something with the two of them...I have a feeling that a lot more discussion happened with them when the cameras were not around and if so, maybe these two actually do have a chance.  The other four lab experiments seem as if the only time they have any sort of interactions is when a camera is on them.
  • The show in general - Fix it....and end this group ASAP.  Also its ridiculous to think that the wedding video and/or album is going to make these horribly mismatched people think that they belong together....they don't belong in the same state.
  • Love 10

I think I'm pretty damn cool and I haven't been in a relationship for that long. I don't have any bones in my closet or any traumatic reasons for being single for so long, it's been my choice. I'm just happy with my life the way it is with no attachments. I have a huge support system of family and friends and I finally realized I like being a very social/outgoing person who then goes home alone. 

NOT saying that's Jaclyn's story, just saying being a women who hasn't been in a relationship for almost a decade doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with you.

• Love 14

I get the weak argument. It's like the guy is a timid wimp sometimes with how he talks to Davina but that is a far stretch from manipulative, womanizing, obsessed with being on reality tv and all the other stuff I've seen thrown his way. I read that post from his so called co-worker. Last time I was there some posters were convinced it was a fake possibly from 1 of Davina's friends/fans though that was a while back. Didn't said co-worker also say he didn't get that promotion only for a pic to show up of him presenting a nurse an award decked out in a suit. Pretty strange thing to wear (and it was only him wearing one) if you are just a fellow grunt and not management. Maybe (s)he got passed over for said promotion. We'll never know but it seems strange to believe some anonymous person on the net who gave no proof whatsoever they were telling the truth. And it's not like they couldn't have done so without outing themselves pretty damned easily. That whole thing screamed BS from someone with an axe to grind to me. I believe what I see and what I've seen of Sean just doesn't scream womanizer, manipulative or even someone who should want to be on reality tv since he talks at people and not to them. That is when he isn't getting pouted at by the schrew. It's no surprise why she's still single at that age.

I agree with you about some of those so-called coworker posts regarding his job - I'm skeptical about those.  Then again I've known weak putzes who were definitely womanizers in the one night stand or f-buddy sense, just not the Don Juan type people usually think of.  These are sexaholics who can't help themselves.  These are the guys up until 3 a.m. in their undies online sending photos of their genitals out trying to get another hooker to give them a BJ.  Remember Elliott Spitzer, the one time governor of NY who had to resign?  Yeah, that sniveling putz type.  They're not man enough to get enough out of sex with real intimacy.  They only can feel like a man when they think they're making some kind of sexual conquest.

Yep, agreed there - See my post above about Jaclyn.  I think she's a smotherer who wants to be in total control of his life and the relationship.  No wonder she's still single!  Get a clue, woman!  She's probably scared every guy away.

Sean is gay. Is there really a doubt? Just own it and be you, boo. 

Jaclyn and Ryan-  if she has to have control outside of the bedroom, why wouldn't we think she want total control in the bedroom? This is what has probably turned off Ryan. Do it this way, not that way, put it here not there, I want to be on top... I can just hear it now....

Jessica and Ryan- I can't get past the fact that they are actors. Very bad ones. 

All three girls- Beautiful hair and great bodies. That's all I got. 

Anyone notice the bejeweled skull on the night table next to Sean's side of the bed?

Just a random weird observation.

I actually liked this episode better than the last two.  However Jessica should have totally cooked a meal for Ryan if she wanted to impress him.  Wasted opportunity.

• Love 3

Last night was the first time I actually turned the channel to something else several times, and I have been a faithful viewer since Day 1. I've liked Jessica and Ryan (I know, I know) since the beginning, but either they edited it to look that way or Ryan just majorly tipped his hand when he said something to the effect that if you really like someone you will cuddle and hold hands, etc. What's that supposed to mean? If you really like someone...but not your wife, Jessica?

The other two couples were such a turn-off for me. Over and over Jaclyn would SAY how she's blushing because she's attracted to Ryan and how they have fixed their problems from last week, but it just sounds like words. I don't believe she feels it. She does not want to be the one to fail (i.e. divorce), so she's doing everything to convince herself that he's such a catch. Ryan R, on the other hand, came closer to revealing his real feelings but backed off, so that at the end he was phony smiling and acting like they'd made this giant leap to solving all their problems and living happily ever after. He does not know how to come out and say she's not the right person for him. But you can see it. And by the way producers...could you make it any plainer you are manipulating these people by having Jaclyn "fall" into Ryan's arms? Oohh, big strong Ryan caught little petite Jaclyn and now she's going to realize he's the man and she is the woman.

Speaking of manipulating....what a coincidence that Jessica thought of putting notes out for Ryan and lo and behold Sean puts out notes for Davina! And again Sean is psycho-babbling on and on about how he must take charge la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la (that's when I put my fingers in my ears). Question....why, when he's obviously sick, would Davina think that's a good time to fool around? These two are like the walking dead.

• Love 6

***Jessica's cat perched on the shelf or where ever is a great example of why I find cats so creepy.

The cat is up there because she's confused and frightened. She's been moved to a strange place and she has to listen to the two humans in the place yelling and fighting. I feel sorry for her.

Or the cat could be watching for the same reason I am, for the train wreck.  I liked how Jaclyn's cat is like in the middle of it all.  

• Love 8

Ugh, this show is such a pile of crap. I'm only watching now to mock and to see what sort of tortured editing shenanigans they'll pull at the end to maintain the lie that "the experts make great matches." Because NONE of these people have any chemistry or compatibility in the slightest.<br /><br />Sean...oh my GAWD, I couldn't stop giggle-snorting at his "I'm Christian Grey sexual!" line. What heterosexual man in human history has ever busted out a line like that? I think he's either closeted gay or just asexual. I find it impossible to believe he's this smooth ladies man in real life who just happens to come across as a wimpy awkward dork on TV. I can't stand Davina and think she'd be a nightmare even in a "normal" relationship with all her prickly insecurity, but his issues are definitely overshadowing hers right now. I went from finding him mildly cute the first episode to feeling my skin crawl every time I see him now. Something ain't right with that dude.<br /><br />I find Jaclyn and Ryan less irritating than the other couples, but their personalities really aren't compatible. She's a brash aggressive girl and he's a boring homely dude. I could see her with an equally extroverted alpha-male type guy, and I could see him with a passive woman with less ambition who's happy living in his mom's basement. I think it's commendable they're both making an effort and they seem to care for each other as people (if not in a sexual way) but it's obvious they're better off as friends.<br /><br />And Ryan and Jessica will never make it. The reason she "has an emotional wall up" is because she's picking up on the VERY obvious fact that he doesn't like her. I think Ryan sees Jessica as beneath him - the type of girl he might holler at in a bar and maybe have a fling with, but not wife and mother material. He seems spoiled and clearly has a high opinion of himself, and I think he imagines himself married to a woman with the looks of a supermodel and the personality of his sainted grandmother. Whatever dude, good luck with that.<br /><br />There's really nothing to salvage with any of these couples. If any of them choose to "stay married", it'll only be to extend their 15 minutes for another season. This show is so pathetic and bottom of the barrel.

• Love 7