Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E12: 7 Chefs Compete/S14.E13: 6 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

A special 2-hour episode

Seven contestants remain to prepare a premiere dish using various cuts of steak in less than 35 minutes. Also: They compete in the "Taste It and Make It" challenge for the chance to win a visit aboard the Queen Mary ocean liner.

I'm bummed that Alison went home before Josh.  (Actually, the more he talks, the more I'm bummed that anyone went home before Josh.)  I liked Alison and thought she could have made final four.

• Love 10

Josh has evolved into a cornered mouse, and Ramsay/the producers are the cat with their claws into its tail. He's running in circles, feet scraping against the floor and the cat is just purring and licking its chops.

• Love 9

Josh has evolved into a cornered mouse, and Ramsay/the producers are the cat with their claws into its tail. He's running in circles, feet scraping against the floor and the cat is just purring and licking its chops.

Laughing, as my big cat is sitting here next to me, tail flicking, watching a moth that's outside the kitchen window.

• Love 7

Alison getting eliminated before Josh was a joke. And Josh getting a black jacket... seriously? Dude looked deranged, like just about to go postal.

Nick and Michelle were cute together, but she's such a big baby - not because of her age, but her attitude. T and Milly were cute too.

But, once again: go Meghan! I don't care if she's bitchy sometimes, she totally rocks.

• Love 9
(edited)

Damn.  It's like this episode was gift-wrapped for us Josh haters.  FOX might as well have been saying, "Here's two hours' worth of material to show you just how much Josh truly sucks!"  And I LOVED it!

It was almost worth seeing Alison go home before him (just almost), only because we got to see how little the others think of him and how much reason he gives them to think that of him for a second hour!  Josh himself must be at home realizing now just how much not only the other contestants hated him, but even the show hated him!

Well, I'm just glad that the two hours ended with Josh going home at all.  I wouldn't have been pleased to see two more people go home before him.  Alison was bad enough to see leave.  I feared Michelle would go, too, when Josh was called first.  Feared we'd have gone through all that footage of how much Josh sucks, only to see him still eke it out with a "back in line" from Ramsay.  But in the end, Josh's drama had been milked, and he was finally sent packing!

Not gonna miss you at all, Josh!

For me, good two hours ONLY because one of them saw the end of Josh.  If two non-Josh contestants had left . . . then we'd have had some problems.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 10

I'm bummed that Alison went home before Josh.  (Actually, the more he talks, the more I'm bummed that anyone went home before Josh.)

If, by "anyone," you mean any of the others left at the time of this episode, then yeah, I agree.  Alison shouldn't have left before Josh.  But if you mean anyone who's been eliminated thus far, then I definitely think that Chrissa, Cameron, Michael, Mieka, Monique, Brendan, Sarah, and probably Adam deserved to go before Josh.  Christine, too, definitely.  Randy is a question mark, as he was inexperienced, but the week he left, he was on the winning team.  (Bret is questionable since he had to withdraw.)  But yeah, while it sucks he lasted this long, given the quality of everyone else who's been booted so far, I think Josh actually left about where he should have, if not at least one or two places higher than such.

This F5 is not bad at all.  But of them, I hope any two of Meghan, Milly, and T reach the F2.  Michelle is a dark horse for it, too.  I don't see any real goats for Ramsay to use except for possibly Nick.

• Love 5

I don't think Josh is really a bad guy at heart.  He's just frightfully immature and totally unaware of how he comes across.  It was obvious that no one really liked him.  I was very relieved to see him walk out.  At least he handled that pretty well.

I think the question of whether Alison's bizarre eye treatment was done with tattoos or makeup was finally answered tonight.  The swooshes or whatever they're called were smaller and different so.....makeup.  She'd be a pretty girl if she'd wash her face and remove the piercing.

I imagine the final three will be T, Meghan and Milly.  I can't stand Meghan but she does seem to be competent.  I can't stand Michelle either but I don't think she has any chance of getting much farther.  I really, really hope Milly wins this.  He seems smart despite his poor grammar and he knows what he's doing.  Also he's mature enough to let the nonsense going on wash over him.  When he does speak, it's usually something worth saying.

• Love 1

Meghan had some epic bitchface when they chose the wrong fish. Plus really Meghan? Part of getting flank steak is making it as palatable as better cuts. You should know that. Trips people up all the times on Masterchef.

I really liked that T was so willing to praise Milly's palate; so often even if the partner does everything the person talking takes the credit.

• Love 7

I realized as they were going through the opening that I have no recollection at all of most of the eliminated chefs.  Kind of a lousy season of a show that needs a serious reboot of some kind.  Although apparently I will watch it no matter how bad it is. 

• Love 4
Damn.  It's like this episode was gift-wrapped for us Josh haters.  FOX might as well have been saying, "Here's two hours' worth of material to show you just how much Josh truly sucks!"  And I LOVED it!

If it had been a real gift, they would have gotten rid of Josh earlier in the episode so I wouldn't have had to listen to him.  Two hours of Josh being obnoxious followed by Ramsay telling him he's got a lot of potential before gently sending him out the door didn't feel like much of a gift.

She'd be a pretty girl if she'd wash her face and remove the piercing.

MMV, but I think she was pretty anyway.  I'm in the minority here, but I didn't mind the stylized eye make-up at all.

I imagine the final three will be T, Meghan and Milly.  I can't stand Meghan but she does seem to be competent.  I can't stand Michelle either but I don't think she has any chance of getting much farther.  I really, really hope Milly wins this.

Me, too.  I've liked Milly from the first week, though I remember being worried when he had to ask how to make something... an enchilada, maybe?  I think he explained it as him not liking dishes with cheese.  But other than that, he's always seemed like a good team player and a good cook with a better-than-average palate.  

I really liked that T was so willing to praise Milly's palate; so often even if the partner does everything the person talking takes the credit.

Yeah, I thought that showed some class on her part that we don't see from many contestants on this show.  I started off liking T, but the past couple of weeks she was starting to bug me.  But this episode redeemed her for me.

I realized as they were going through the opening that I have no recollection at all of most of the eliminated chefs.

Neither do I.  I think it's my brain's defense mechanism to erase my memories of irrelevant reality contestant failures.

• Love 2

I was surprised Allison went before Josh (and that Michelle has lasted longer, for that matter).  Josh was on life support anyway, I thought he should have gone last week before Randy.  They're just about out of the have zero chance of winning cheftestants (I'd say Michelle is the only one left), ultimately it doesn't matter that much which order those people are kicked out.  I'm expecting Michelle out next, followed by Nick and then T.  Milly and Meghan in the finale.  Which would be okay - they both seem to know how to cook.

• Love 5
(edited)

If it had been a real gift, they would have gotten rid of Josh earlier in the episode so I wouldn't have had to listen to him.  Two hours of Josh being obnoxious followed by Ramsay telling him he's got a lot of potential before gently sending him out the door didn't feel like much of a gift.

Ramsay is gentle with most of the contestants, anyway, so that didn't bug me.  The time he pulled Josh aside at the beginning of an episode kind of told me he'd get a gentle exit from him if he ever got eliminated.

But anyway, Josh's obnoxiousness wasn't the gift.  Showing how deluded he was, how obviously insecure he was, how much of a fool he had no idea he was making of himself, and his complete cluelessness as to how disliked and even hated he truly was . . . that was the gift.  Yes, it came at poor Alison's expense, but at the same time, she did screw up just enough that her boot wasn't unjustified.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 8

I'm wondering if Ramsay picked Michelle's dish in the first hour to give Meghan a kick in the ass.

I'm sorry to see Allison go, esp. before Josh. I think she was fine with her own style. Too bad she wasn't quite as consistent in cooking.

Hey, did you know how old Michelle is? So annoying. Please go next. (Although the 9 lives was well placed).

• Love 5
(edited)

WTF! Why did they show the elimination round in the upcoming preview? I'm a bit irritated that the two hour long episode messed with my dvr but I'm suppose to watch next week's episode when they spoiled the fact that it's

Michelle vs Meghan?

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 1

I don't mind Michelle (and in fact feel the others really unfairly disrespect her--I mean they could just start AND stop at "shut up" but go much further in making fun of her and her mouth).  That said, during the er.... key party {INSERT OBVIOUS KEY PARTY JOKE HERE}, in her talking head, the stupid girl used the phrase (I won't call it a "word") "flustrated".  You know.  With the "L" instead of the "R".  And I LOATHE that.

• Love 2

I don't mind Michelle (and in fact feel the others really unfairly disrespect her--I mean they could just start AND stop at "shut up" but go much further in making fun of her and her mouth). That said, during the er.... key party {INSERT OBVIOUS KEY PARTY JOKE HERE}, in her talking head, the stupid girl used the phrase (I won't call it a "word") "flustrated". You know. With the "L" instead of the "R". And I LOATHE that.

Reminds me of whatshername who used that word all the time a season or two ago.

I think Michelle has grown and learned the most of anyone there. The others came in strong and faltered here and there, but you'd expect them to be busting out the doors by now. They aren't. They're good, but watching Michelle continually improve... I have to give her kudos for that.

If Ramsay is going to offer a non-winner a job, I think it will be Michelle.

• Love 6

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the dickish comments Milly made in the first episode. First he says Josh not being able to let go of things is a "female trait," then he implies that Nick and Meghan wouldn't help him lift the side of beef because Nick is gay and therefore won't do any manual labor and Meghan is a girl. You could totally tell he was gonna say "I have Nick and a girl on my team" but he stopped himself and said "I have Nick and a... Meghan on my team." Wow. Just wow. I like Milly a lot less after those comments.

I am getting to watching the second episode next, but from the looks of the preview I can see now why they kept Josh around. He certainly was not kept for his nonexistent cooking or leadership skills. How hard to Ramsay have to suppress his laughter as he handed Josh a black jacket?

• Love 7

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the dickish comments Milly made in the first episode. First he says Josh not being able to let go of things is a "female trait," then he implies that Nick and Meghan wouldn't help him lift the side of beef because Nick is gay and therefore won't do any manual labor and Meghan is a girl. You could totally tell he was gonna say "I have Nick and a girl on my team" but he stopped himself and said "I have Nick and a... Meghan on my team." Wow. Just wow. I like Milly a lot less after those comments.

This isn't exactly the first time Milly has shown signs of being a pig.

• Love 5

I kind of love/hate Meaghan.  She can be an awful misery sometimes.  But then she does say a lot of positive things about the other contestants, which is a nice change from all the sniping that can go on.  I like that she can see the positives in other people.

• Love 5

And for an absolutely STUNNING surprise......none of you donkeys win! Not one of you is capable of running a hot dog stand much less a real professional kitchen so I hearby declare this.....the season that should never have been. (Which you really could say about every season since about year 5 but whatever)

I kind of love/hate Meaghan. She can be an awful misery sometimes. But then she does say a lot of positive things about the other contestants, which is a nice change from all the sniping that can go on. I like that she can see the positives in other people.

I agree. Meghan is probably the best cook left of them all but sometimes her attitude just stinks. She had this smug look on her face when she got to sit on the "throne", I loved it when Ramsay gave it to Michelle. I think Meghan knows she's more competent than the rest and has kind of a smugness about it, so kicking her off the chair was kind of a kick in the ass for her. And also her slip up in the second episode.

• Love 2

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the dickish comments Milly made in the first episode. First he says Josh not being able to let go of things is a "female trait," then he implies that Nick and Meghan wouldn't help him lift the side of beef because Nick is gay and therefore won't do any manual labor and Meghan is a girl.

I noticed this, and then he seemed to censor himself. I was wondering if he's working on attitude or playing to the camera.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure both sous chefs remain since they take part in the quality control test. And I'm certain they help Ramsay taste and plate food at the pass. As for why he wasn't in this particular episode, I don't know. Maybe an illness or family emergency?

• Love 1

She was such a bitch!  Really girl, nothing nice to say?  I was surprised she was so haughty.

But the title underneath her name reminded us that she is not just some D list celeb, but Academy Award winning actress. Just ignore the fact that she won it at 10 years old, and probably hasn't had a memorable role since then.

Also, when Milly made his comment about the heavy lifting, I thought for a second he was going to say they expect the black guy to do the manual labor.

I still think the finale will be Milly, and either T or Meghan, with Milly the winner.

• Love 2

God please no. Milly has done very well and all but he had never tasted an enchilada before this competition. He seems to lack the education that the others like Meghan and Michelle do have. Not saying his lack of education makes him less talented but if he was unfamiliar with such a common dish, I don't think I'd trust him to be head chef of my restaurant or whatever the prize is that they get.

• Love 2

Yes. Kasia and her version of the English language always fLustrated me!  

I can't say I get how it's the kind of thing multiple people do.  It's like how a whole sub-population thinks "ridiculous" is "rediculous".  There's no clear reason WHY the error spread so widely, but it did, and somehow "flustrated" is the same thing, as little sense as it makes.

• Love 4
(edited)

I never understood the Meghan and Josh relationship--they would always be chatting with each other and there was no hesitation when they needed to pick partners. I think the only thing they mentioned was during a Meghan TH when she said that Josh listens, so did she like working with him because he wouldn't question her orders? Did she see herself as a mentor? Boo that they never explained that, I thought it would've been interesting, you don't typically see alliances on this show.

With that said, it was Josh's time to go. He was actually past his "best if enjoyed by" date.

And more boat rewards!!! Boy do they love their boats this season.

When are they going to do the head-to-head audience-vote reward competition?

Edited by niklj
  • Love 5
(edited)

Or maybe he couldn't participate with a straight face, given Tatum O'Neal's very bad acting.

I am FINALLY catching up on the episodes and just watched this. I went on Twitter to see what she said about the episode, and someone tweeted her: "Your performance on HK was awful" (or something like that) and she went, "you are not wrong." Interesting. First time one of the "celebs" (using that term loosely) has admitted it's an act. Now I'm wondering if the actors are sent from casting and given a fee like the people they hire to cheer on cheftestants in the challenges. Would explain why so many nobodies show up and are called "celebs." The one exception being David Beckham, who was probably only there because he and Ramsay are BFF.

I kind of liked Tatum in this episode, though. I get a perverse pleasure when food Ramsay's approved is sent back. And it's nice seeing Tatum on a reality show without her douche of a dad.

T for the win.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 2

Diners are paid. I have been on the waiting list forever, but they prefer people who are SAG or AFTRA members.

Thanks! Hope you make it. I'd kill to try one of those beef wellingtons. But not by any of those bozos they call contestants - by Ramsay preferably. I guess it's not a bad gig - get paid to eat good food, although there's a good chance you may not get fed.

• Love 2