Type keyword(s) to search

Pitch Perfect 2 (2015)

Lazlo
  • Start Topic

Saw it today and boy was it a lot of fun. Not as good as the original and definitely a little zanier but still a lot of energy and chemistry between the cast. Brittany Snow especially seemed to be giving it everything.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just got back from seeing it. It was good, but not as good as the original, though it didn't have any puke, which is a step up in my opinion. I thought they lost part of the charm of hearing all the different amateur college groups singing, since the groups are all pros (except the Bellas) in this, & everyone sounds too polished, including the Bellas. I wish they had spent more time on people from the first movie & less on the new people too.

I also don't remember seeing two scenes that they keep showing in the promos, the one where they are on the bus & Stacie says she's the hot one, she doesn't have to get ideas & Fat Amy says she pretty sure that she's the hot one, & the scene where Beca asks the German guy (I just happened to see him being interviewed somewhere recently, & that really is his accent) if his accent got stronger & then she says something about WWII. Did I miss them somehow, or were they cut from the movie?

Oh, & why is Robin Roberts in the movie?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 3

Well. I like the journey of Becca in PP1. In PP2, was this supposed to be about Legacy's journey or the Bella's journey? I think there were def more joke and laughs. It wasn't bad but I think I enjoyed the first one better. Of course the judges killed every scene they were in. Love Elizabeth Banks.

• Love 3

I watched the first movie, not long after it came out, on a whim. I didn't expect much from it, I think I expected Glee on a big scale. I ended up really enjoying it though.

The second one, while not as good, is definitely still funny. I was worried that I'd find Rebel Wilson overbearing, but they kept the character of Fat Amy at a nice level, I thought. One thing that I felt didn't work is that this film felt a lot more like a musical than the first - the example I used while discussing with friends after was the scene with Fat Amy coming across the lake. There was no a cappella in that, it was a full backing track. 

Oh, & why is Robin Roberts in the movie?

I had the same thought when she appeared on screen, when I saw her, I wondered if the rest of the old-bellas were cameos of sorts, but there didn't seem to be anyone else that I recognised, besides Katy Sagal (who had obviously already had a part to play within the film).

Of course the judges killed every scene they were in. Love Elizabeth Banks.

Also have to agree with this. I liked the (introduction?) use of the 'podcast', as a reason why they were at every event the Bellas were at.

• Love 3
(edited)

I loved all of the cameos.  The Tonehangers guys, the Vine artist Andrew Fitzpatrick, who did the beat boxing for Das Sound Machine, Robin Roberts, WWE Diva CJ Perry.

I didn't like that Pentatonix didn't even get a name check, and were supposedly representing Canada.

If they do Pitch Perfect 3, they have a built-in connection between Emily and Beca which can bring Anna Kendrick back in.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 1

A little Fat Amy goes a long way, for me anyway. The first one kept the running gags (Amy's laziness and raunchiness, Stacie's promiscuity, Chloe's sexuality, etc) moving at a quick pace. This one had too much Amy, for me anyway, and the movie seemed to screech to a halt during her extended scenes. I thought it was a bad move to limit Anna Camp--who has the best comic timing in the cast next to Kendrick--to an extended cameo.

Music and choreography were fine, but the film lacked nearly all the charm of the first one.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Loved the first one and can't stop watching my DVD. It made a lot the first day of release (27 million). Should slow down after that, but for a 30 million budget movie that's pretty damn good. It looks like the Treblemakers aren't in it that much? They were one of the reasons why I liked the first one so much.

Edited by twoods

A little Fat Amy goes a long way, for me anyway. The first one kept the running gags (Amy's laziness and raunchiness, Stacie's promiscuity, Chloe's sexuality, etc) moving at a quick pace. This one had too much Amy, for me anyway, and the movie seemed to screech to a halt during her extended scenes. I thought it was a bad move to limit Anna Camp--who has the best comic timing in the cast next to Kendrick--to an extended cameo.

Music and choreography were fine, but the film lacked nearly all the charm of the first one.

I also think Fat Amy can be overused (I'm a Chloe and Beca fan mostly) but I think they - just - managed to not overdo her here.

I agree about Anna Camp and Aubrey was one of my favourite characters from the first film but it was difficult to see how else they could explain her presence; it might be believable Chloe would be willing to fail over and over to stay in college/the Bellas but Aubrey?

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Loved the first one and can't stop watching my DVD. It made a lot the first day of release (27 million). Should slow down after that, but for a 30 million budget movie that's pretty damn good. It looks like the Treblemakers aren't in it that much? They were one of the reasons why I liked the first one so much.

Jesse, Benji and Bumper are back. They don't have huge roles but they are more than cameos and the Treblemakers get a couple of numbers.

• Love 1

Okay, during the campfire scene when everyone is saying what they're doing after graduation, what does Lilly say about her future? It got one of the biggest laughs in our theater, but we missed it because the people next to us were trying to figure out where Guatemala was. 

(edited)

Okay, during the campfire scene when everyone is saying what they're doing after graduation, what does Lilly say about her future? It got one of the biggest laughs in our theater, but we missed it because the people next to us were trying to figure out where Guatemala was.

Spend her time time-travelling? (may not have been those exact words, but she definitely said something to that effect at one point)

Edited by MartinKSmith

Saw this yesterday and loved it a lot! The original will always have the novelty of the collegiate acapella but I think this one will hold up well too. Loved JMH continuing to be misogynistic, as a callback to the end of the first movie. What felt was a little off though was that where did a suddenly sexually confused Becca come from (her hitting on the German woman a lot?!). Loved that they continued on Bumper's secret audition at the end credits.

Robin Roberts, Anna Camp, CJ Perry were all Bella alums that they brought on for the Worlds, and I guess that's what's the call from Becca to Emily's mom was all about.

I didn't know Elizabeth Banks directed this, good for her. And it made a lot of money against an action movie. This could be the Bridesmaids of 2015, in terms of box-office. Good for all these women.

• Love 1

I would have liked this movie a lot more if they had stayed away from all the cheap racist/ethnic jokes. The first one had some problems in that area too, but it felt way more over the top in the sequel. The Guatemalan character made me cringe. 

• Love 7

I would have liked this movie a lot more if they had stayed away from all the cheap racist/ethnic jokes. The first one had some problems in that area too, but it felt way more over the top in the sequel. The Guatemalan character made me cringe. 

Yeah, I forgot to mention that.  All of that made me cringe, too.

It looks like the Treblemakers aren't in it that much? They were one of the reasons why I liked the first one so much.

I laughed when the announcer at the freshman orientation called them the "Treblimmakers", but then it occurred to me that if they had been multi-year national champions, surely that would still be an ongoing legacy at the school, even if they hadn't won in three years.

• Love 1
(edited)

The Bellas were great as usual, but was I the only who really really liked DSM? Their costumes were strange, but they were great musically and in other ways. "Shall we send them...fruit basket?" "Yum yum." And I kept thinking Fat Amy and the DSM guy (Flula Borg) were gonna have some weird hate hookup.

ETA: I liked the Bellas's number, but I kinda wanted DSM to win.

Edited by JustaPerson
  • Love 7

The Bellas were great as usual, but was I the only who really really liked DSM? Their costumes were strange, but they were great musically and in other ways. "Shall we send them...fruit basket?" "Yum yum." And I kept thinking Fat Amy and the DSM guy (Flula Borg) were gonna have some weird hate hookup.

I loved DSM too! They were a worthy opponent and not a one-dimensional villain. It's easy to see why they were the world champs for a few years running. The two lead singers were awesome in their zingers.

I laughed when the announcer at the freshman orientation called them the "Treblimmakers", but then it occurred to me that if they had been multi-year national champions, surely that would still be an ongoing legacy at the school, even if they hadn't won in three years.

It could easily be chalked up to just not recognizing the word while being read. I know it's weird, but I have heard speeches where the word "compromise" was pronounced "com promise", and it's not like the speaker was dum-dum. Just an honest mistake. 

Plus the host could have been a newer student too, like a sophomore, who would be more familiar with the Bellas.

• Love 1

I saw the movie today and enjoyed it a lot, but do have one issue: Why was Emily the only non-senior in the Bellas? Have they not held auditions in three years? The poor girl is going to have to start the group from scratch. 

• Love 4

Saw this today. Haven't yet seen the first one. I really enjoyed it. I agree about some of the jokes being insensitive...I also noticed two groups of obese women in the theater. I turned red at the beginning during the crotchgate or whatever it was called at one point. But, I do like that there's a range of what people look like in the movie.

Well, as someone who loves the first one, I...did not enjoy this much at all.

I enjoyed the sass from the Germans and some of the record producer CEO guy. Otherwise? A big ol' MEH.  I didn't like most of the music, I didn't like the Guatemalan jokes, and what was up with Gail's (is that Elizabeth Banks' character's name?) gay jokes? I never need to see this again (nor do I want to), so I'll just pretend it never happened and try to go back to enjoying the original.

They tried way too fucking hard to make Flashlight happen and I wasn't buying what they were selling. Emily sings in to the Bellas, she sings it at David Cross's competition, she gives it to Beca to produce, CEO dude loves it, and then the Bellas sing it at the Worlds. Fucking hell. By the end of the movie, I wanted that song dead. I get it, Movie. You want it to be your Cups song. It didn't work for me because your desperation to FORCE IT TO BE A THING killed it for me.

Seriously, like, three seconds into that number and Gail's all "*gasp* are they singing something original?" which was the most unbelievable bullshit. I guess that means Gail knows every single fucking song on the planet because if she doesn't recognize it immediately, it must be original! Couldn't she have just said "I don't recognize this song at all. Do you 'male commentator' (forgot his name?)". Her jumping to "OMG, they're doing their own music!!" was just such a fuck-off moment for me.

Amy and Bumper annoyed me. Their first scene together - which was also in the trailer - RAGE. He propositions her and she's all "NO! *wink*". And bless him, he tries to get clarification and she does the same damned thing. When I saw that in the trailer, I saw red and it wasn't any better in the movie since the trailer clip was not taken out of context, like I'd hoped. Like, the dude is at a college party TRYING TO ESTABLISH CLEAR SEXUAL CONSENT and it's played for laughs. And Amy? Well, she gives a "my no is a yes...or is it?" type of reply. So fucking uncool and not remotely funny to me.

Did not enjoy Beca's time at the producing company. Of course she's the only one with good ideas and talent. *eye roll*.

And the lesbian Bella (yup, don't remember her name either): what the actual fuck? She was hitting on that one Bella like she did in the first movie and was expressing interest in another (can't even remember which one) and then at the Bella retreat, unless I totally misheard, she was all "I'm getting married in Maine. Y'all are invited." I actually said "what in the fuck?" out loud in the theatre. Was she engaged this entire time? Because what's with her getting all touchy with her Bella crush(es) if that's the case?

This movie was such a disappointment, and considering I didn't have massive expectations or anything, that's fucking depressing.

• Love 6
(edited)

I generally enjoyed the movie as cute and funny.  I hadn't seen the first one and still feel no burning desire to seek it out, but I'm definitely likely to watch it if it pops up on the telly.  I'm really happy for Elizabeth Banks, in particular.

However, NOWILLTORESIST, has accurately hit upon the three things that bugged me the most as I was watching.

1) They tried way too fucking hard to make Flashlight happen and I wasn't buying what they were selling. [snip]

2) [snip] Like, the dude is at a college party TRYING TO ESTABLISH CLEAR SEXUAL CONSENT and it's played for laughs. And Amy? Well, she gives a "my no is a yes...or is it?" type of reply. So fucking uncool and not remotely funny to me.

3) And the lesbian Bella (yup, don't remember her name either): what the actual fuck? [snip]

1) Yeah, I was rolling my eyes by the second time the song popped up (during the basement competition?) and felt actual hostility toward it by the time the big finale performance rolled around.  I think three appearances (introduction, Beca's spin on it, and the world's performance) would have been more effective; outside of that, they could just talk about the song rather than singing it.  Of course, a better song would have been even . . . better.

2) Nothing to add about that rage-inducing "joke"--just a pure co-sign.

3)  WT(A)F, indeed!  I realize comedy paints with broad strokes, but she was ridiculous.  Any English teacher will tell you that a character is a verbal representation of a person, not a cobbled-together set of stereotypical actions played for laughs.  Given the unfortunate history of conflating being gay with being a sexual predator, the character beats here got to the point of being just plain gross.  I don't remember her name, either, but it might as well have been "Black Butch Horndog" for all the actual depth or personality she was given.  (Wow, I didn't even realize I was that bothered by her!  Maybe there's more to the character in the first movie, but I really didn't care for what I saw of her in this one.)

Edited by netlyon2
(edited)

I don't remember her name, either, but it might as well have been "Black Butch Horndog" for all the actual depth or personality she was given.  (Wow, I didn't even realize I was that bothered by her!  Maybe there's more to the character in the first movie, but I really didn't care for what I saw of her in this one.)

There pretty much wasn't, to my recollection. She was constantly hitting on the tall, busty one who repeatedly rebuffed her verbal and physical advances. Because, you know, it's funny when a girl keeps making unwanted advances on another girl, dontcha know? It's not at all (sexual) harassment...

And this just makes me realize how much this sequel mostly ruined the Bellas for me. In the first one, the Bellas accept a ton of stereotypical misfits because they don't have any other choice to stay afloat and, after a rough start, they find common ground, develop respect for each other, bond and become friends.

I felt that this movie torpedoed that for the most part. They seemed far too busy trying to set up a franchise by putting an absurd amount of focus on Fat Amy (because she was a big hit from the first movie) and newbie Emily while virtually ignoring everyone else. And naturally romances had to be shoe-horned in for both of the leading ladies! I didn't feel that I was watching a singing group at all. It was Fat Amy and Emily with guest appearances by the other characters. 

I only just remembered the opening bit with their presidential performance. I get that I was supposed to find it funny but, am I seriously supposed to believe that the people in charge of directing/running a performance where the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES is in attendance, can't close the stage curtains, or reel Amy back up or to the side to avoid her flashing everyone? Because I didn't believe it for a second. Just another bullshit stunt focusing on Amy and played for laughs. Because humiliation is funny. Bonus points if you're the fat character!

The sing-off in the basement was a total rip-off of the sing-off in the empty swimming pool in the first one.

I'm just very saddened because I did not feel any connection to this movie at all. I was alternately bored, annoyed and offended. I can't find any reason to recommend it to anyone; not even with a qualifier (e.g. "Fast 8 is utterly ridiculous but I still had tons of fun!").

Edited by NoWillToResist
  • Love 2

I watched the original again last night (for the 1,233,495,374,494 time), & it's so much better than the sequel. 2 doesn't have anything like "No Diggity" or the Footnotes singing “Blame It On The Boogie”, all the other groups singing (yes, even the Sockappellas) added to the story, but in 2, the only time we see a bunch of different groups singing is at the World's, & they're all singing the same song. Also, how did Fat Amy & Bumper go from him throwing burritos at her when he drives by, to being in love? Emily (who I didn't think fit into the story) & Flashlight (which is just a boring song) shouldn't have been in the movie at all.

I saw the movie today and enjoyed it a lot, but do have one issue: Why was Emily the only non-senior in the Bellas? Have they not held auditions in three years? The poor girl is going to have to start the group from scratch.

That was a little bit weird too, but the first movie only had two Bellas remaining after the senior ones graduated, so it's not that impossible.

• Love 2

I liked the movie, despite it's eyeroll worthy stereotypes and some of the "they took it too far" jokes. I tried not to take it too seriously or get overly involved in the plot, because most sequels are pretty much money grabs. The plot becomes less important and the comic relief characters get more slapstick screen time. No matter how much it sucks, if people loved the first one, they'll see the second. I try to keep that in mind when I see a sequel and if it's better than I expected, then I get to be pleasantly surprised! :)

Also, every time I heard them say "Bumper" I thought of Bombur, one of the dwarves fromt The Hobbit.

• Love 2

For me, the lack of what I liked from the first one is what made me not enjoy this one as much. The Jesse/Becca scenes were lacking (and they were so adorable in the first one), and the Treblemakers should have played a bigger part. I missed Donald! I get this was more about the Bella's journey to the Worlds but I would have liked to see more groups performing. The music was also better in the first one. If the third sequel is about Emily, I'm out.

I saw an article with Skylar talking about the sequel, and he was kidding that there should be a "2 and a half" sequel about Benji and Jesse and their road trip to the worlds. If this was a DVD sequel, and included cameos of the Trebles and maybe some of the Bellas, I would be all over it.

• Love 2

The Guatemalan girl wasn't in the first one, right? So I guess she was selected to replace the chick who graduated and ran the retreat? So, they didn't select anyone for two years I guess? Is there some rule that there can only be x Bellas? Regardless, I call bullshit on them being able to add Emily to the roster when they've basically been suspended. They can't hold auditions but they can still add a member without one? Because the rules governing the Bellas override their school's rules? What do they think they are? An athletic program?

If the third sequel is about Emily, I'm out.

I feel like such a grinch but that character annoyed me. It's weird because Benji is also a genuine, enthusiastic, but kind of dorky(?) person, yet he doesn't annoy me like Emily did. Maybe because I automatically retreat when I feel like something's being pushed on me and that sure as hell was happening with Emily and her fucking unicorn song of awesomeness.

And, just to round out my bitchery, if her mother was a Bella and Emily grew up with music and being a singer is her dream and blah blah blah...how has she only written part of one fucking song by the time she's entered college? I've seen way younger and more talented kids on YouTube. But I'm to believe that music is this chick's life? When pressed to perform, she chokes and stutters out her own partially completed song? Really? A girl who's been surrounded by music all her life and wants to perform, has apparently had NO practice at anything related to those goals?

Also, her dream was to be a Bella yet the gang has to tell her that as a legacy, she's automatically in anyway? What the fuck? (A) how is that a good idea since there's no guarantee that a good voice will be passed down, and (B) how did her mother not tell her this?

Ugh. Emily sucked.

• Love 2

Movie, stop trying to make Flashlight happen! Its not going to happen!

This movie had a lot of good in it, but its nowhere near the surprise classic the first one was. You could tell they suffered from the old sequel problem of "find what people liked in the first one, try to copy it in the sequel."

I still enjoyed it, but it was something of a disappointment. Not enough of Jessie and the Trebles, not enough of the international teams and the Worlds, too much time with the new girl (she was alright, but didn't seem very necessary), awkward racism and the fat jokes sucked, and not enough singing in general.

The evil rival German team kept reminding me of that movie from the 90s about the Jamaican bobsled team, where they were menaced by evil East German bobsledders. 

But, I was glad Becca and Jessie were still together. They were so cute, I was happy they didn't pointlessly break up in between movies.

"Your one of us, you paid the registration fee". Yeah, that was a great line.  

So yeah, good and bad. I`m glad I saw it, and I`ll probably watch it on DVD, but it was far away from being as good as the first one. Sad. 

• Love 3

So finally got pitch slapped...part 2. I didn't go in with high expectations because I am such a huge fan of the first movie and didn't want to be disappointed.

It was enjoyable, I laughed a lot. The music was a little meh, but count me in as a DSM fan! But yeah...first movie trumps the second.

Bumper...go away and never come back.

• Love 1

Just an FYI in case anyone is interested, there's a TV show called "Sing It On" on Pop TV (yeah, I never heard of Pop either, never mind knew I got it) that's all about collegiate a cappella teams as they battle it out to win the ICCA Finals. I find that the singing isn't as good as I expected.

I just wanted to chime in about the the Flashlight song. Totally agree that they ran that thing into the ground. I went from going "me, that's a pretty bland song, but at least easy to listen to" to wanting to murder the Bellas by the time they came out with it again for the big final showdown. Also, seriously, the Soundmachine people should have totally won that thing. Their song mashup >>>>> Flashlight in its 12th rendition (with bonus extra background singers).

Not nearly as good as the first one, and I also thought the direction was really lacking in places. What was up with all that awkward slo-mo?

• Love 1

My expectations were way too high.  I was disappointed. I could have forgiven a lot if the music was better, but it wasn't.

First off - ONE new Bella in THREE YEARS of being national championships?? Girls would have been fighting to get into that group, much like Legacy. No way we'd still have almost all the same crew without more new faces.

I refuse to believe that "You are my flashlight" is the lyric/melody that will set the world on fire. Flashlight?? They must have rushed that because I cannot handle that lyric was the best they could do.  I also wasn't on board with being so amazed that they used an original song.  Would you also be allowed to bring in older members, even for a small portion?

Lack of Jesse. I'm glad they showed that Jesse/Becca are still happy,but Benji/Legacy's story didn't quite measure up to the romance in the first one.  I'm glad the Trebels at least got a couple of numbers.

The German group was SO good. I really enjoyed their Worlds number - the music and choreography went so well together, and was just so much fun to watch.  I thought, "Wow, the Bella's number is going to be AMAZING."  No, not really. The opening was good, but once they went into the flashlight song ... grrr.  I liked their final performance from the first one better.  I want to say the music in the first one was more current, whereas you could tell this one was made last year.

What I liked:

Bringing back the group of older guys and having Bumper be a member.  Gold.

Amy versus the car. Just because I have fought a car many times in that fashion. I did enjoy Amy/Bumper's relationship (despite the weird yes/no flirting mentioned above, which I think I went to the bathroom during. I don't remember it.)

Becca's attempted insults to the german team. I also enjoyed Becca's new job, mainly because of Key. 

• Love 1
(edited)
And the lesbian Bella (yup, don't remember her name either):

Cynthia Rose

She was hitting on that one Bella like she did in the first movie

Stacie

The Guatemalan girl wasn't in the first one, right?

Nope.

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 1

loved the first movie.

This one?

It had it's moments but I think they overdid on "insensitive jokes". First movie had some of those too, but they were so few but on point that they added a little bit of spice without actually burning your insides with the flames of Hades.

And I know it's happy end light type of movie, but in what world would Flashlight, though original, touching and cute win over the power house of a perfectly synchronized full on energy FOB song done the way it was?

loved, loved LOVED DSM! please bring them back for 3rd movie (I'm hearing it's a go).

I also wanted more internship line development, rather than a broken record of "OMG we have to win World!". ok we got it, it's a must win competition, please don't remind us every 2 minutes...

and for my closing statement...

D! S! M! YAH! D! S! M! YAH! D! S! M! YAH! D! S! M! YAH!

• Love 4
(edited)

DSM were the bomb! I thought they were better than the Bellas, but I'm not sure I was supposed to feel that way.

For all my fellow DSM lovers -- Flula's adorable

Edited by JustaPerson
  • Love 2
(edited)

I also preferred DSM and thought their Light it Up finale was awesome. I also loved the sing off in the basement and the "We Belong" Melody with Amy and Bumper.

I still think we could have seen more Trebles and Jesse/Becca instead of some of the pointless scenes (like them running around Copenhagen in the rain or pretty much everything that came out of the Guatemalan's mouth). I hope there are some extended or deleted scenes on the DVD because some of the scene cuts were so abrupt.

There were also scenes in the trailer or on you tube that were not in the movie.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

I had mixed feelings about even going to see this movie, because first of all, I rarely like sequels; second, I love Pitch Perfect almost to the point of obsession; and third, I really don't like Rebel Wilson.  I thought she was by far the weakest part of the first movie.  So, I finally went today and it turns out I should have stayed home.  I think this is a horrible movie.

One of my biggest problems was the music, or the lack of it.  There were so many memorable musical numbers in the first movie, but the only one I really remember from the sequel is the Flashlight song which is trite to say the least.  Nothing sticks out and I think part of the problem was the directing by Elizabeth Banks.  Too many close-ups and too many frenetic cuts during the songs instead of just letting them play out.

Rebel Wilson was vulgar and unfunny as usual, in my opinion, but guess what?  She wasn't even my least favorite character this time!  I loathed Emily and if they think they can keep the franchise going with her, they should guess again.  She was on the screen way too much.  I didn't care about her romance with Benji and I didn't care about her mother.

On the bright side, I would watch the hell out of a Green Bay Packers acapella spin off.

I thought it was "I'm going to travel and have a good time."   Which made me laugh just because of how normal a response it was.

• Love 1

Jesus Christ, DSM, being ridiculously German in a "Stock Sports Film Baddie" way, were superior to the Bellas in every way.  They should've won the World Championships.

All in all, the first movie was so much better.  Anna Kendrick as the aloof and sarcastic loner was a better lead character than Hailee Steinfeld, Disney Princess.  The plots were just dumb and any conflicts that emerged quickly withered on the vine 5 minutes later.  And the Bellas' final performance just sucked.

I was watching MTV & guess what popped up? Flashlight, by Jessie J. They are really trying to make that song happen, but nope, it's no Cups.

(edited)

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I work in a theater, and I feel like I've heard it a million times because of the commercial that keeps running in the concession lobby t.v.

I do think it was stupid that they had Becca graduate. It's not like anybody ever mentions the year in the first movie, and they should have made the sequel take place during sophomore year. They really, really should have learned from what happened to Glee.

I do kind of feel bad for Hailee Steinfield that everybody seems to hate her character, but the problem with casting a 17-year old to play in a college movie where the rest of the cast is really in their mid/late 20's, things become apparent and it's hard to fit them in.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

We went to Jurassic World tonight.  It was sold out so niece (17) and I decided to see this one.  Neither of us saw the original.  Both of us thought Hailee Steinfield was adorable.  Niece said the end of all the women up there together singing gave her goose bumps.  She said it was nice to see a movie about women that age not fighting over a boy or being mean girls.

I thought that Jesse was wasted in this movie he has a lot of charisma .  The boy who liked Emily JMHO lacked that and I usually root for those geeky boys :)

• Love 1