Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, AriAu said:

Per her Twitter, last day of shooting for Jessica Capshaw today. No spoilers, no hints, no pictures of body bags, not evening hinting that she is heading to the airport of packing up her house....or anything

Actually, she specified that it was her last day filming at the studio, but not her last day filming Grey's.  Now, it's been deleted or I'm just not seeing it anymore.

Actually, she specified that it was her last day filming at the studio, but not her last day filming Grey's.

You are correct-sorry, I need to be more careful and not jump to that conclusion, She still needs to go out in the forest after the plane crashes costing her the use of her prosthetic leg that the show has conveniently forgotten about.

Now, it's been deleted or I'm just not seeing it anymore.

I looked and it seems to still be there

On 4/10/2018 at 11:30 AM, beautifulGA said:

they had table read for finale few days ago and are shooting till 25th. I am just gonna take a wild guess here and predict that the finale probably have 1 or 2 arizona scene.

It's looking more and more clearer that, the finale would not be Arizona-April heavy.

She said it was her last day filming at the studios. I have a feeling the finale has an 'away from the hospital' event. Jolex wedding? 

• Love 1
On 4/11/2018 at 1:15 PM, BaseOps said:

She said it was her last day filming at the studios. I have a feeling the finale has an 'away from the hospital' event. Jolex wedding? 

I was going to say that Sarah Drew said something about filming on location, but I guess you saw the same thing I did. 

I haven't been watching, but tuned in tonight, because I was here, and settled in the living room. They wouldn't set her up with Matthew again, would they? Especially not so soon after his losing his wife. 

5 minutes ago, Anela said:

I was going to say that Sarah Drew said something about filming on location, but I guess you saw the same thing I did. 

I haven't been watching, but tuned in tonight, because I was here, and settled in the living room. They wouldn't set her up with Matthew again, would they? Especially not so soon after his losing his wife. 

They wouldn't do that, but they would have them tentatively talking about their kids and reestablishing a connection so that we could see them getting together in the future. 

• Love 1
On 3/21/2018 at 4:55 AM, Chas411 said:

Capshaw possibly wanted to strike out on her own which I think is great. I also think Spielbergs been in the business long enough that he'd know casting due to nepotism isn't always a good thing. Also isn't he still getting slated for casting his later wife I that Indiana Jones film. She was awful.

I liked her mum in that role. :) 

• Love 1

So Giacomo had up an Instagram story yesterday from a location shoot near the ocean, I imagine much of the cast is there. It's definitely for the finale. And there were allusions to everyone being dressed up (someone was singing the Drake song, "Hair done, nails done, everything did...") 

Maybe Jolex get married on Jackson's boat? She did say that she didn't want a church wedding. 

They have casted Jim Pickens daughter for the finale episode, maybe this whole thing with Harper Avery is that Catherine had an illicit daughter as well? As for the church filming thing, if jolex get an church wedding, that would seriously remind me of izzex wedding. They should do something simpler.

27 minutes ago, beautifulGA said:

They have casted Jim Pickens daughter for the finale episode, maybe this whole thing with Harper Avery is that Catherine had an illicit daughter as well? As for the church filming thing, if jolex get an church wedding, that would seriously remind me of izzex wedding. They should do something simpler.

My guess for the Jolex wedding is either Joe's bar or like BaseOps said, Jackson's boat.  My preference would be them just eloping by themselves, but Joe's bar would be runner up.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

My guess for the Jolex wedding is either Joe's bar or like BaseOps said, Jackson's boat.  My preference would be them just eloping by themselves, but Joe's bar would be runner up.

anything would be better than a church wedding imo, even a court ceremony but I do think the wedding would be more about Jo than Alex so yeah, I can see them doing a big event.

1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

It would be nice to see Joe’s Bar! And maybe actually see Joe!!

I love the idea of Joe’s Bar, just because in the early seasons, didn’t it almost become Alex’s bar when Joe got sick? Or at the very minimum, how close Alex and Joe at one point were. Plus, we could get an update on their little family. Didn’t Joe and his husband adopt twins?

They  have been filming at a church this week too: 

Jesse Williams was/is in Vancouver for the Ted Talk, which runs April 10-14, so he is either not in some of the scenes or accommodations were made for him. While we all think April dies, what if it's Jackson who dies? April not being able to handle all of the losses moves home with Harriet, and Arizona seeing April lose Jackson and Harriet lose her father moves to New York to be with Callie. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

They  have been filming at a church this week too: 

Jesse Williams was/is in Vancouver for the Ted Talk, which runs April 10-14, so he is either not in some of the scenes or accommodations were made for him. While we all think April dies, what if it's Jackson who dies? April not being able to handle all of the losses moves home with Harriet, and Arizona seeing April lose Jackson and Harriet lose her father moves to New York to be with Callie. 

but jesse is not leaving so I don't know if they will kill off Jackson. Besides I don't think Greys will go that far of sending 3 major characters out.

The original Deadline article announcing Sarah & Jessica's exits stated, "Sources say Capshaw and Drew will be the only series regular members of Grey’s large ensemble cast to depart this year." I don't think that Jesse Williams is going anywhere. There'd be no point in investing all this time in the Maggie / Jackson story if they were going to kill him off; rather, they'd placate the fans and give us a Japril ending if the intent was for both of them to leave. 

That said... there was a Reddit rumor (so take it with a MAJOR grain of salt) a few weeks back that neither April or Arizona would die, but another character would. Probably a more minor character - an intern or someone recurring. The guess at the time was Bello as she was exiting, but obviously she was already written off. I don't really see a major death happening (Kevin McKidd referred to the finale as "celebratory"), but I also find it odd that they're filming at a church when Jo just specified that she didn't want a church wedding. Of course, people go to church for reasons other than deaths or weddings, so who really knows. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

The original Deadline article announcing Sarah & Jessica's exits stated, "Sources say Capshaw and Drew will be the only series regular members of Grey’s large ensemble cast to depart this year." I don't think that Jesse Williams is going anywhere. There'd be no point in investing all this time in the Maggie / Jackson story if they were going to kill him off; rather, they'd placate the fans and give us a Japril ending if the intent was for both of them to leave. 

That said... there was a Reddit rumor (so take it with a MAJOR grain of salt) a few weeks back that neither April or Arizona would die, but another character would. Probably a more minor character - an intern or someone recurring. The guess at the time was Bello as she was exiting, but obviously she was already written off. I don't really see a major death happening (Kevin McKidd referred to the finale as "celebratory"), but I also find it odd that they're filming at a church when Jo just specified that she didn't want a church wedding. Of course, people go to church for reasons other than deaths or weddings, so who really knows. 

But it's like most people in the cast are up for location shoot, so unless it's a wedding or funeral, I don't think there could be any other reason for the entire cast to be present. There's a wedding, if it is not for jolex, then maybe for someone else, a patient? Maybe it's a throwback episode. 

42 minutes ago, berwoman said:

Wha if it is Harriet that dies?  Would they do that to April twice?

That’s too macabre even for this show, plus it’s not just April, would they do this to Jackson twice?

• Love 2

James Pickens Jr.'s daughter was cast in the season finale, and the other day she posted an Instagram story with her wearing a veil. It's possible that the church wedding is for someone else, and maybe the bride or groom is the patient. 

Edited by funnygirl
48 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

In 14x22, "Fight for Your Mind", Alex and Jo go on a road trip to Iowa to find Alex's mom. 

WHATTTT?????  Is this real? Please don’t tease me with that.

• Love 2

Oh good, so it's not a bubble episode. I'm not nearly invested enough in that story to spend over 40 minutes on it alone. Unfortunately, the other storyline is far from exciting for me as well.

If anyone does die in the season finale, I bet it's Carina, so Arizona is finally fed up with Seattle/GSMH and moves away. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 1

Maybe Kimmy’s funeral is the same day as Jolex’s wedding? Because we can’t let Alex just have a happy day.

33 minutes ago, deaja said:

Maybe Kimmy’s funeral is the same day as Jolex’s wedding? Because we can’t let Alex just have a happy day.

Yeah, that is very much possible. 

I was thinking that she'd die and Alex would be devastated, and then Jo announces she's pregnant. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

Either that or April dies just as they say their vows a la The Godfather/every other wedding on Greys. ?

I’d hate to see April die because we’d orivab have Jackson showing survivors guilt for being the only one from the other hospital to survive Seattle Mercy Grey West (or whatever the hospital was called before they renamed it). 

• Love 3

I don't know if this has already been posted, but in the write-up for next week's episode (26th) it says that Nurse Olivia comes back, and has her son with her, throwing Jo and Alex for a loop. 

Sofia is having trouble in school, too, apparently. I can't remember what they said for this week, except that Arizona shares some brownies or cookies that have a surprise ingredient in them. 

23 hours ago, deaja said:

I may have missed something.  Is there a spoiler about Kimmy or is this speculation/hopeful thinking?  I never can find enough spoilers these days.  They seem to do a fairly good job of keeping them under wraps.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

I may have missed something.  Is there a spoiler about Kimmy or is this speculation/hopeful thinking?  I never can find enough spoilers these days.  They seem to do a fairly good job of keeping them under wraps.

Just that she left the hospital ending treatment. So speculation based on that.

And the newlyweds' limo chasing the ambulance away from the church. It stands to reason that the wedding (with all the castmates in attendance) is Alex and Jo's, and that the person in the ambulance is someone in, or attending, the wedding. And since the bride and groom seem to be following the ambulance, that someone is particularly close to at least one of them (most likely Alex). By category, these might include:

1) Patient: Kimmie the leading possibility. 

2) Other guest star: Alex's mother or sibling, following his and Jo's visit?  

3) Colleague: perhaps someone whose actor isn't in the yacht scene video, where the actors are still in their wedding garb -- for a reception later that same day, or a re-scheduled ceremony?

It's Izzie! Her cancer is back, she's in terminal stage and wants to say the last goodbye to Alex. So she musters her last strength and barges into the church just about Alex and Jo are about to say their "I do's", tells Alex she'll always love him and then collapses onto the floor. 

If this was a Mexican telenovela it's so what would happen. 

• Love 8

From the tidbits I have read on Twitter (I can hunt them all down and post them but I really don't want to :\), I don't think that Jo and Alex have anything to do with the church wedding.  James Pickens Jr. posted a photo with his daughter who is guest starring as a bride so maybe something happens at the church and some doctors have to go there.  Also, I have not heard anything specific about Kimmie coming back, but I did read that the actress was originally scheduled for 8 episodes and I don't think she has been in that many.  Of course, stuff gets cut all the time, so its possible that some of her scenes got cut.

Wouldn't it be just like Izzie to show up to ruin Alex's wedding?  

• Love 1

@Deanie87 full press release for you; 

“Fight For Your Mind” – Alex and Jo go on a road trip to Iowa to find Alex’s mom, whom he hasn’t heard from in a very long time. Meanwhile, Meredith gives a presentation on her mini-livers project, which attracts a ton of attention; and Jackson works to rebuild the foundation after its reputation is threatened, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, MAY 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand. Guest starring are Stefania Spampinato as Carina Deluca, Rachel Ticotin as Marie Cerone, Jake Borelli as Levi Schmitt, Rushi Kota as Vik Roy, Sophia Ali Taylor as Dahlia Qadri and Jaicy Elliot as Taryn Helm.

So Marie Cerone is back, too. 

• Love 1

it looks more and more like they would kill off April. debbie posted a pic today with Jessica and justin and while their dress isnt visible but still the makeup looks for a big event. Now maybe april isn't that close to alex or jo but still I think they would follow the ambulance because it's a co doctor.

1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

“Fight For Your Mind” – Alex and Jo go on a road trip to Iowa to find Alex’s mom, whom he hasn’t heard from in a very long time. Meanwhile, Meredith gives a presentation on her mini-livers project, which attracts a ton of attention; and Jackson works to rebuild the foundation after its reputation is threatened, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, MAY 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand. Guest starring are Stefania Spampinato as Carina Deluca, Rachel Ticotin as Marie Cerone, Jake Borelli as Levi Schmitt, Rushi Kota as Vik Roy, Sophia Ali Taylor as Dahlia Qadri and Jaicy Elliot as Taryn Helm.

I saw that.  I was kind of hoping it would be a centric-ish episode, but oh well, I should probably stop hoping for those for Alex LOL. Also, do you have any idea about the listing of guest stars?  I noticed that no one from Alex's family was listed, does that definitely mean that they won't appear in the episode?

14 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

I saw that.  I was kind of hoping it would be a centric-ish episode, but oh well, I should probably stop hoping for those for Alex LOL. Also, do you have any idea about the listing of guest stars?  I noticed that no one from Alex's family was listed, does that definitely mean that they won't appear in the episode?

Not necessarily. There have been plenty of occasions where press releases haven't listed certain actors, even bigger name guest stars (the 14x17 press release didn't mention Scott Speedman). I'm not really sure how they decide whose name goes there and whose doesn't. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Deanie87 said:

I’m not really a fan of centric or centric-ish episodes, but dang it, I’ve wanted a storyline about Alex’s mom for years and wanted something substantial for Alex all season. I wish it was centric-ish, but I hope it gets a good amount of airtime at least and nothing is cut. Bitter. 

• Love 3
On 4/15/2018 at 10:13 AM, deaja said:

Maybe the wedding is at the church, Kimmie sings, and then has to be rushed to the hospital. Then she dies.

9 hours ago, Evie said:

I’m not really a fan of centric or centric-ish episodes, but dang it, I’ve wanted a storyline about Alex’s mom for years and wanted something substantial for Alex all season. I wish it was centric-ish, but I hope it gets a good amount of airtime at least and nothing is cut. Bitter. 

I'm bitter too. And the episode hasn't even aired yet, hah! The promo pics are out and there's a pregnant character with Arizona. So including the 3 that are mentioned in the press release that makes 4 stories. Which means Alex gets about 1/4 of an episode for a story I have been waiting for for years. Arizona of course deserves all the sceentime she can get, but I could do without the other 2 stories for sure.

This could be such a big and important story for Alex and he doesn't even get a centric-ish episode for it, while every other character on the show gets those, including guest star Megan Hunt. So yeah, I'm bitter too.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Joana said:

It's Izzie! Her cancer is back, she's in terminal stage and wants to say the last goodbye to Alex. So she musters her last strength and barges into the church just about Alex and Jo are about to say their "I do's", tells Alex she'll always love him and then collapses onto the floor. 

If this was a Mexican telenovela it's so what would happen. 

I would stand up in my living room and applaud if they pulled that off as a surprise, all the while laughing uncontrollably!! Now, I'm just going to be disappointed with anything less.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, pennben said:

I would stand up in my living room and applaud if they pulled that off as a surprise, all the while laughing uncontrollably!! Now, I'm just going to be disappointed with anything less.

I would only love it if afterward (and I know this is mean) Alex and Jo stepped over her body on their way to a fabulous honeymoon.  

• Love 2

I've wanted an Izzie return for years, but not to ruin anything for Alex / Jo. Especially not NOW. This season has finally sold them as a proper couple, whereas the past few years the writers have really dicked them around with half-assed storylines and limited screentime. I've pretty much gotten everything I really wanted from them this year; some individual development for Jo, a detente between her & Mer, the resolution to the looming husband storyline, and actual relationship progress between Alex and Jo. Even when it's just fleeting moments in episodes, I love the scenes they have together (last week was a great example).

I'm not really bothered about there being multiple stories in the road trip episode; most episodes juggle multiple storylines and this year they've done a great job at balancing several stories and still giving every character solid material. I glad that we're actually seeing wedding lead-up, unlike say Owen and Amelia who basically got engaged and were getting married an episode or two later. 

On another note, there were more location shoots today per a few actors Instagrams. Looks like they're at a ranch (there are horses). Kevin referred to them being in the canyons. Kevin, Ellen, and Caterina were all there. 

Edited by BaseOps
On 4/16/2018 at 12:28 PM, BaseOps said:

On 4/16/2018 at 1:44 PM, Deanie87 said:

Alex's brother Aaron won't be there.  Isn't he in an institution since he tried to kill Amber?  Amber might be there and Nicky seems like an obvious choice to be there.  

"Fight For Your Mind?"  That title alone suggests Alex's mother may have some sort of episode with her mental illness.  

30 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

Alex's brother Aaron won't be there.  Isn't he in an institution since he tried to kill Amber?  Amber might be there and Nicky seems like an obvious choice to be there.  

"Fight For Your Mind?"  That title alone suggests Alex's mother may have some sort of episode with her mental illness.  

I’m not sure if it was a permanent commitment? Maybe it will get a mention. Who is Nicky?

8 hours ago, GalvDuck said:

Nicky won't be there, because he is not relevant for that part of the family. He is only Alex's (and Aaron's and Amber's) half brother since his father was with a new woman after he'd left Iowa. None of the Karevs even know Nicky. Not even Alex, as Nicky's mother didn't bring him when she went to the hospital to get her guitar back.

I have actually zero interest in meeting Nicky or his mother again. Who I want to see - and see lots of - is Alex's mom and Amber. I would love to see Aaron again as well, but the actor is on another show, so that won't happen. Besides, with everything else going on, that story maybe gets 10 minutes, which is already bumming me out big time, but I guess something is better than nothing.

• Love 2