Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

How old is Amber? At this point I'm kind of waiting for her to show up at Grey Sloan as an intern.

Haha me too. But I'm not even sure I would like that. I'm having mixed feelings about that possibility. But I do want to meet her and I want it to be a real story arc for Alex.

Amber's age is an eternal mystery. Aaron said in s6 that she would be graduating high school soon, which would make her 17 at least? But in s7 Alex said, she was 16. Add another year for s8 and she's 18/19. S9-14 are apparently supposed to be only 5 years since Jo is still a resident, even though that makes zero sense with the time jump and how big Harriet is already lol. Anyways, I guess she's around 24-26 years old. So making her a medical intern would work technically.

• Love 2

not sure if we will be getting anyone from alex's family but I hope they do provide us with some info-dumps. I'm more of a fan of mid season weddings (ex calzona, crowen, japril) as usually there are so many arcs that need to be covered (or to be left at a cliffhanger) during a season's end that besides the wedding ceremony, everything else looks more like a wastage of potential screen time.

If it would have been a mid-season wedding I would have loved for Alex's mom and his siblings to show up just like April's did....

it's a bummer that jolex would be getting a season ending wedding. I don't think it will settle well with fans if way too much of screen time is wasted on Alex's family when they would be more eager to see what's in store for Arizona and April.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, beautifulGA said:

not sure if we will be getting anyone from alex's family but I hope they do provide us with some info-dumps. I'm more of a fan of mid season weddings (ex calzona, crowen, japril) as usually there are so many arcs that need to be covered (or to be left at a cliffhanger) during a season's end that besides the wedding ceremony, everything else looks more like a wastage of potential screen time.

If it would have been a mid-season wedding I would have loved for Alex's mom and his siblings to show up just like April's did....

it's a bummer that jolex would be getting a season ending wedding. I don't think it will settle well with fans if way too much of screen time is wasted on Alex's family when they would be more eager to see what's in store for Arizona and April.

Info-dump is too little for me this time. We already had lots of that when Aaron came to visit and dumped all that info on Bailey and Meredith and actually only had one (brief) real conversation with Alex himself. And when Alex went back to Iowa when Aaron attacked Amber, we only heard of that when he told Meredith everything. It was all tell no show as it usually is for Alex. So since Alex's story is actually in the press release this time, I need to see at least his mother in the flesh and I need them to actually interact. If they pull some stunt that the actual visit happens off-screen or worse his mother is lost or dead, I'm gonna be royally pissed.

Unpopular opinion about April: as sad as I am to see her go, she's had such a long and amazing storyline this season, that I want a quiet departure for her. A good one of course, but not one that takes too much screentime in the finale. She's had plenty of screentime all season long. I know it's the last screentime she'll ever get, but still, this is how I feel. I don't know about Arizona, though. She definitely deserves more screentime, since she's barely had a story all season. But selfishly, I want a good chunk of the finale to be about Alex and Jo and their wedding. I would love for Alex's family to play a part in it too, but I know that this 10 minute trip to Iowa and the maybe-reunion with his mother will probably be the only thing we'll get in terms of Alex's family.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GSMHvisitor said:

Info-dump is too little for me this time. We already had lots of that when Aaron came to visit and dumped all that info on Bailey and Meredith and actually only had one (brief) real conversation with Alex himself. And when Alex went back to Iowa when Aaron attacked Amber, we only heard of that when he told Meredith everything. It was all tell no show as it usually is for Alex. So since Alex's story is actually in the press release this time, I need to see at least his mother in the flesh and I need them to actually interact. If they pull some stunt that the actual visit happens off-screen or worse his mother is lost or dead, I'm gonna be royally pissed.

Unpopular opinion about April: as sad as I am to see her go, she's had such a long and amazing storyline this season, that I want a quiet departure for her. A good one of course, but not one that takes too much screentime in the finale. She's had plenty of screentime all season long. I know it's the last screentime she'll ever get, but still, this is how I feel. I don't know about Arizona, though. She definitely deserves more screentime, since she's barely had a story all season. But selfishly, I want a good chunk of the finale to be about Alex and Jo and their wedding. I would love for Alex's family to play a part in it too, but I know that this 10 minute trip to Iowa and the maybe-reunion with his mother will probably be the only thing we'll get in terms of Alex's family.

well I do hope we get to see Alex's mom at least, but I'm sceptical as IMDb hasn't got any guest listing for the same, neither does the press release.

6 hours ago, beautifulGA said:

Honestly, (and I apologize in advance for this being so bitchy and for my being a broken record), too bad.  I sat through 2 Japril centrics, I sat through 2 centrics about Owen's sister who isn't even a recurring character on the show, I sat through 2 near centrics of Maggie one of which was like her 2nd episode, I sat through Penny's character development, I sat through numerous Callie centrics including the musical, I sat through a centric with Meredith and Nathan on a plane that was a waste of time because Nathan is gone, and I sat through the inconsistent mess that was seasons 11-13.  I have been waiting to see Alex's family in Iowa since they were mentioned in season 4.  I want Arizona and April to get a respectful sendoff, but it shouldn't come at the expense of Alex or Jo or any of their development or screentime.  As it is, Alex is the only longtime character that has never been a part of a centric episode and that is what it is, but for many fans, Alex's story is just as important as April and Arizona's, not to mention Penny's, Owen's sister or Teddy's.  He and Jo have been relegated to minor characters plenty of times so that other characters' stories could be told and so that the many, many departures and backstage issues could be handled.  I really couldn't care less about what kind of wedding Jo and Alex have or what kind of attention it gets, but I do want to see Alex's trip to Iowa to get as much attention as any of those stories that I mentioned above.  

I have enjoyed April's storyline this season, but it really, really irritates me that one of the only ways to get decent screentime or storylines on this show is either to leave or to be a guest star that the writers fall in love with.  When the writers focus solely on those characters, they are left with undeveloped series regulars that no one cares about when all of the drama fades and they have to go back to writing for those characters that have been there but ignored for years.  It only makes it more difficult for them, so I just don't understand it.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 11

So... I don't know how it'd make sense, but are we seeing April's family farm in the finale? Alex Blue Davis  (the intern Casey) posted a video on-set today with cows and a barn in the background & Ellen and Caterina posted photos with horses two days ago saying they were on location.

Edit: Hmmm. Maybe it was the wedding scene and there were just... animals around? Sarah & Jessica both wrapped today and they look pretty done-up.

Edited by BaseOps

Geena Davis is returning. 

14x23 - “Cold As Ice” - One of Grey Sloan Memorial’s own is seriously injured, making the team reflect on what is truly important to them. Meanwhile, Nicole Herman (Davis) pays a visit to Grey Sloan and talks to Arizona about an exciting opportunity.

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

14x22 - “Cold As Ice” - One of Grey Sloan Memorial’s own is seriously injured, making the team reflect on what is truly important to them. Meanwhile, Nicole Herman (Davis) pays a visit to Grey Sloan and talks to Arizona about an exciting opportunity.

Is this 14x22 or 14x23?  Isn't 14x22 the one where Alex goes to Iowa?  Please don't tell me that they have tacked on 2 more story lines?

Also, I wonder who the injured party is?  Richard?

ETA - It is definitely 14.23 and maybe the injured party is April?

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

Is this 14x22 or 14x23?  Isn't 14x22 the one where Alex goes to Iowa?  Please don't tell me that they have tacked on 2 more story lines?

Also, I wonder who the injured party is?  Richard?

Oops, it's 14x23! I'll edit that post. 

53 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

14x23 - “Cold As Ice” - One of Grey Sloan Memorial’s own is seriously injured, making the team reflect on what is truly important to them. Meanwhile, Nicole Herman (Davis) pays a visit to Grey Sloan and talks to Arizona about an exciting opportunity.

WOHA. Now that sounds interesting for Arizona.

45 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

So here's what I'm thinking, bear with me:

14x23 - April gets seriously hurt at whatever function is happening at the church they were filming at (an ambulance was seen leaving). Meanwhile Dr. Herman offers Arizona whatever it is she's offering (as per the description) + 14x24 goes like this for: 

April - They were filming part of the finale at a farm that seems to point to April's home so either: a) everyone goes there to see her/have a party/her + Matthew/Koercick's wedding (she is "seeing someone")/or do whatever (this seems the most likely since Sarah Drew doesn't look like she was "done up" to be dead) or b) God forbid, she dies + they're all there for the funeral.

Arizona's - It's seeming like they'll have her leave to do either work for Herman (or whatever that opportunity is) or to do more work for the birthing complications thing. However it is possible (at least I hope), that Herman comes back for a single episode and that the opportunity is contained to the episode. The reference in the 14x23 description of "making the team reflect on what is truly important to them", may open the door to Arizona moving/going after Callie. I still have a little hope for a Calzona or NY ending, judging by the amount of times that Callie has been referenced (and they spent a whole episode on Sofia missing NY) - the most recent being 14x20.

So those are my thoughts, but hey, it's Shonda, so it's probably nothing that we've even thought of/heard about yet....

• Love 1

I highly doubt a Calzona reunion is in the cards. There's just no way to make it work without Sara coming back / it'd be way too fast to have the story make sense. They've been separated for years, both are in relationships, and they have way too much baggage to work through with Callie being offscreen, etc. I do think we'll likely see Arizona move to (or closer to) New York, but I imagine it will be for a job opportunity and it will just so happen to be luckily closer to Callie for Sophia's sake. 

I think an April / Koracick wedding would be way too quick, too, considering we've only seen them have sex a few times + it's already episode 14x21 next week (meaning there are 4 episodes left). Plus, there's already - most likely - the Jolex wedding happening in the finale. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

Maybe April gets thrown by a horse?  You mentioned the Instagram posts with some of the cast on a farm with horses.

43 minutes ago, mkmusic said:

So here's what I'm thinking, bear with me:

14x23 - April gets seriously hurt at whatever function is happening at the church they were filming at (an ambulance was seen leaving). Meanwhile Dr. Herman offers Arizona whatever it is she's offering (as per the description) + 14x24 goes like this for: 

April - They were filming part of the finale at a farm that seems to point to April's home so either: a) everyone goes there to see her/have a party/her + Matthew/Koercick's wedding (she is "seeing someone")/or do whatever (this seems the most likely since Sarah Drew doesn't look like she was "done up" to be dead) or b) God forbid, she dies + they're all there for the funeral.

Arizona's - It's seeming like they'll have her leave to do either work for Herman (or whatever that opportunity is) or to do more work for the birthing complications thing. However it is possible (at least I hope), that Herman comes back for a single episode and that the opportunity is contained to the episode. The reference in the 14x23 description of "making the team reflect on what is truly important to them", may open the door to Arizona moving/going after Callie. I still have a little hope for a Calzona or NY ending, judging by the amount of times that Callie has been referenced (and they spent a whole episode on Sofia missing NY) - the most recent being 14x20.

So those are my thoughts, but hey, it's Shonda, so it's probably nothing that we've even thought of/heard about yet....

It seems to me that the majority of Arizona's storyline is going to get wrapped up in 14x23.  I think that she will still appear in the finale, but as part of whatever big event the ensemble is together for.  Otherwise, there is just too much going on in the finale for any of it to be done well.  It may be April that gets hurt and I could see the ranch/farm being her parents home, but its way too early for a wedding between her and anyone unless there is a very long time jump, and honestly, I don't see many characters heading to a different state to visit April, and definitely not Meredith or Amelia who were the ones in the photo.  So I think that there will be a Jolex wedding and maybe some other event like the Harper Avery gala or even the launch of Bailey's sex toy(!) venture, and that could explain the different locations.

Yeah I don't think a calzona reunion is on cards. My best bet here is that Arizona's exit will be open ended. Say whatever Herman is offering will be in NYC and then you will have Sofia craving NYC as well and that's it, they'll send off Arizona and Sofia to NYC and left it to viewer speculation whether a reunion happened or not.

Personally I don't think a Calzona reunion will happen simply because Greys has never been about love stories.

Also, isn't Geena Davis is an A-Lister? I remember Shonda once said that they wanted to rope her in for years. I'm glad that she's being brought in to wrap Arizona's sl, and of course with her entry it can be done in a justifiable way, but darn ABC, you have budget to get a costly actress on board again but not for two phenomenal actresses?!

Edited by beautifulGA
  • Love 3

#GreysAnatomy has just been renewed for a record-breaking 15th season — making it ABC’s longest-running primetime drama ever. It also ties #ER as TV’s longest-running medical drama. Details: https://t.co/B8tuPfn3mV

That's a massive milestone. I'm hoping for a season 16 as well, that way they would be breaking ER's record as well.

Edited by beautifulGA
  • Love 1

A few seasons back, after (I think) April had failed her boards, she went back to the farm, and Owen went there to convince her to come back.  Standing by her was a huge hog.  If the porker is still around (hasn't gone to the breakfast or dinner table in the sky), I hope he or she will reprise their role  :)  I liked seeing the piggy, while pot-bellied pigs were all the rage some time back (still are?), that was a REAL pig  :)

• Love 2
On April 21, 2018 at 6:41 PM, transitfan said:

A few seasons back, after (I think) April had failed her boards, she went back to the farm, and Owen went there to convince her to come back.  Standing by her was a huge hog.  If the porker is still around (hasn't gone to the breakfast or dinner table in the sky), I hope he or she will reprise their role  :)  I liked seeing the piggy, while pot-bellied pigs were all the rage some time back (still are?), that was a REAL pig  :)

That pig's name was Jackson! I hope he reprises his role too. 

• Love 2

Justin Bruening is back for 14x23 (where someone gets "seriously injured") so I'm inclined to believe that he's the one dating April and she's the one who gets injured, but it's just a guess. 

• Love 1

My new theory (which I admit I read in part elsewhere) is that the person who is injured is going to be Maggie.  April will see how devastated Jackson, Richard and Meredith are and give her blessing to the Jaggie pairing and decide that family is what matters and take Harriet back to the farm to be with her family.  If there is any squabbling about the Harper Avery situation, a near death will put that into perspective, Jo and Alex can decide to get married immediately and, of course, it will be one more way to show how beloved Maggie is and to perhaps garner sympathy for her as we move into the new season.  Unfortunately, April getting hurt isn't going to affect all that many people in comparison and she has already had the near death thing with the shooting and having a baby on a kitchen table.  Maggie is one of the only people left who hasn't had a serious injury.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

My new theory (which I admit I read in part elsewhere) is that the person who is injured is going to be Maggie.  April will see how devastated Jackson, Richard and Meredith are and give her blessing to the Jaggie pairing and decide that family is what matters and take Harriet back to the farm to be with her family.  If there is any squabbling about the Harper Avery situation, a near death will put that into perspective, Jo and Alex can decide to get married immediately and, of course, it will be one more way to show how beloved Maggie is and to perhaps garner sympathy for her as we move into the new season.  Unfortunately, April getting hurt isn't going to affect all that many people in comparison and she has already had the near death thing with the shooting and having a baby on a kitchen table.  Maggie is one of the only people left who hasn't had a serious injury.

I’m rolling my eyes so hard cause watch this happen! It conveniently his all the points Krista has been pushing all season.

• Love 5

I suppose it'll make a nice change to get some focus on Maggie and allow each character to let the audience know how beloved she is to them. She hasn't had a lot of screentime and it's about time they finally start pushing Jaggie given how under the radar they've been so far. 

/sarcasm.

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I suppose it'll make a nice change to get some focus on Maggie and allow each character to let the audience know how beloved she is to them. She hasn't had a lot of screentime and it's about time they finally start pushing Jaggie given how under the radar they've been so far. 

/sarcasm.

Yes, I especially hope that Alex and Jo will rush home from Iowa because I think that we will have seen enough of that story, given that it will be one of 5 going on in the episode before and I'm sure that we will be sick of all the in-depth conversations that Jolex have had about their relationship. After that flashback episode they shared with Maggie, I will be soooo tired of seeing Alex's family and will want to focus more on Jaggie.  I am very much hoping that Jo and Alex's wedding will also center around Maggie./Also sarcasm

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

Maggie is one of the only people left who hasn't had a serious injury.

Strong point there. Usually that's what I think about when speculating about season finales.  I kind of go through a role call of characters and their past injuries/ailments/tragedies.  I just couldn't bring myself to really think it through this season since I'm bummed about April and Arizona leaving.  

• Love 2

I highly doubt a Calzona reunion is in the cards. There's just no way to make it work without Sara coming back / it'd be way too fast to have the story make sense. They've been separated for years, both are in relationships, and they have way too much baggage to work through with Callie being offscreen, etc.

And Carol Hathaway showed up in Oregon (?) and Doug Ross was waiting for her...yeah different show, but I could see Arizona take some position and show up on Callie's doorstep with Sofia and pledge her love etc.....And for those of us who are old enough, in the pre-Twitter world, no one knew that Clooney was making a quick cameo since it was shot sooooo offsite.

http://beta.nydailynews.com/archives/entertainment/clooney-pulls-er-surprise-article-1.861478

Edited by AriAu
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, AriAu said:

And Carol Hathaway showed up in Oregon (?) and Doug Ross was waiting for her...yeah different show, but I could see Arizona take some position and show up on Callie's doorstep with Sofia and pledge her love etc.....And for those of us who are old enough, in the pre-Twitter world, no one knew that Clooney was making a quick cameo since it was shot sooooo offsite.

http://beta.nydailynews.com/archives/entertainment/clooney-pulls-er-surprise-article-1.861478

but shonda/krista could care less. post derek's death, they have been pushing the sisterhood/friendship agenda hard, i don't think they give 2 cents about calzona being endgame. also if meredith grey didn't got her endgame, the hell arizona robbins would. arizona sailing herself to her new opportunity with carina in tow is all what we will get as an happy ending.

• Love 4

considering these writers are struggling with creativity, im also inclined towards april getting hurt/her demise. otherwise how else they can write off a toddler's mom convincingly? as Cristina would phrase it, this is Seattle Grace Mercy Death, if someone getting hurt is gonna force these docs to contemplate, you better believe that someone is dead.

Edited by beautifulGA
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I still think April is the one who gets hurt. Maybe Matthew is the responding paramedic?

Maybe.  Does the scene take place in Seattle?  If so, I bet there will be an appearance by our friends from Station 19 (of course with Ben).

April is not going to die. Sarah Drew posted some pictures of her on set of the finale on location on the last day of filming. She was dressed up, presumably at Jolex's wedding. 

I think the "one of Grey Sloan's own" who gets hurt could be (former?) intern Vik. He's listed as a guest star in episode 23, but didn't Richard just fire him in episode 20? Not that he's so close to anyone that he'd make a significant emotional impact, but the press release could be hyperbole. Or else I do like the Maggie theory. I just don't think it's April unless there's a time jump between 23 and 24 for a full recovery. 

I suppose it could be any one of the interns; maybe Vik comes back to visit whoever is hurt / dying? (Or he shows up because it's his former boink-buddy April). But I imagine they're going to cut at least one more intern before next year. I'd say after that the best guess would be April, with Maggie being a possibility but not my first guess. From the promo photos we can surmise that Amelia, Arizona, Richard and Alex are all fine. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, funnygirl said:

April is not going to die. Sarah Drew posted some pictures of her on set of the finale on location on the last day of filming. She was dressed up, presumably at Jolex's wedding. 

But then an ambulance -- followed by a white bridal couple limousine -- leaves the church. It seems likely someone collapses during, before or after the ceremony. That said, I'm inclined to think it's Kimmie. As of now, I still believe both April and Arizona survive the season. 

1 minute ago, Pallas said:

But then an ambulance -- followed by a white bridal couple limousine -- leaves the church. It seems likely someone collapses during, before or after the ceremony. That said, I'm inclined to think it's Kimmie. As of now, I still believe both April and Arizona survive the season. 

Would that mean Kimmie came back and was asked to sing at the wedding?  Possible.  

16 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

Would that mean Kimmie came back and was asked to sing at the wedding?  Possible.  

Oh my god.  No offense to Kimmie but, blech.  Everything that is coming out about this wedding seems so out of character for Jo and Alex already, so why not have a dying child collapse while singing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight."  Maybe they'll release some doves too.

I actually don't think that the church wedding is theirs, so that fills me with a little hope.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Pallas said:

The setting of what is presumably Jolex's wedding is not at a church, it's outdoors. The church wedding could possibly belong to some guest characters because a woman (James Pickens Jr's daughter who is guest starring in the finale) posted a video at the church location wearing a white dress and wedding veil. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

The setting of what is presumably Jolex's wedding is not at a church, it's outdoors. The church wedding could possibly belong to some guest characters because a woman (James Pickens Jr's daughter who is guest starring in the finale) posted a video at the church location wearing a white dress and wedding veil. 

Ah, thank you! I had thought the footage at Jackson's boat was meant to be the reception for the Alex/Jo wedding, rather than its location. Then again, Jo did just nix the idea of a church wedding. So two different weddings, one in church with collapse of (_______) -- dearly beloved of the bride and groom, it seems -- and one on the waves. 

7 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

Oh my god.  No offense to Kimmie but, blech.  Everything that is coming out about this wedding seems so out of character for Jo and Alex already, so why not have a dying child collapse while singing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight."  Maybe they'll release some doves too.

I actually don't think that the church wedding is theirs, so that fills me with a little hope.

Not that I would want it either.  Just trying to figure out why/if Kimmie is back and how she would be present at the wedding to be the one who collapses.

Season finale spoilers

GREY’S ANATOMY

PRE-FINALE: As previously reported, Geena Davis reprises her role as Dr. Nicole Herman and promptly presents an “exciting opportunity” to Jessica Capshaw’s departing Arizona, who also finds herself navigating a school-related rough patch with daughter Sofia. Curiously, ABC has offered little in the way of clues regarding Sarah Drew’s exit as April, although the network did tease that one of Grey Sloan’s own is “seriously injured” in the penultimate May 10 hour. But Shonda Rhimes wouldn’t dare kill off April after we specifically asked her not to, right?

SEASON FINALE (MAY 17):The stress from the past year forces Bailey to re-evaluate some of her decisions in the Krista Vernoff-penned, Debbie Allen-directed Season 14 closer, an episode leading lady Ellen Pompeo previously described as “not easy.” Camilla Luddington, meanwhile, dropped a far less cryptic social-media tease, declaring that the finale features “a few” of her favorite “Jolex” moments. 

Edited by kariyaki
Spoiler tags not necessary in the spoiler thread
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GalvDuck said:

Just trying to figure out why/if Kimmie is back and how she would be present at the wedding to be the one who collapses.

My mistake: no Kimmie at the church, if the church isn't Alex's wedding. The church bride seems to be someone we don't know but Richard does. And whoever leaves the church in an ambulance is closely followed by the newlyweds in their limousine. Or, by a series regular who asks to borrow it -- perhaps Richard or Catherine. 

@Deanie87 - rejoyce! 

We are finally going to meet Alex Karev’s (Justin Chambers) mom. Former The Bionic Woman and Scruples star Lindsay Wagner will play the key guest role of Helen Karev in the May 3 episode of ABC’s hit medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, directed by series co-star Jesse Williams.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

@Deanie87 - rejoyce! 

We are finally going to meet Alex Karev’s (Justin Chambers) mom. Former The Bionic Woman and Scruples star Lindsay Wagner will play the key guest role of Helen Karev in the May 3 episode of ABC’s hit medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, directed by series co-star Jesse Williams.

I know!! I’m so relieved I was getting worried that he wouldn’t find his mother or something!

16 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if Sofia's school avoidance and other problems are going to play into how Arizona leaves.

I feel like the idea they've been building to is that being bicoastal has been tough on her; she left NYC because she wanted to be with Arizona, and now she's in Seattle and missing Callie. I think that Herman will swoop in with the magical solution: a fantastic job for Arizona... in New York! A bit too perfect? Yup. But I don't care. If Arizona has to go, then I want her exit to be happy. I'm content with the idea that she has a great job, a solid relationship with Carina, is getting along with Callie, and their daughter is able to be with both of them. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

If Arizona has to go, then I want her exit to be happy.

It's early days yet but that seems to be something that Krista does, lets the characters be happy, so I'm hopeful it will be for both Arizona and April.  It's also optimistic that April is getting better from her crisis of faith rather than thinking about suicide.

Because honestly, there is enough pain and grief in the world.  I want to believe that my off-screen fictional characters at least are happy.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's early days yet but that seems to be something that Krista does, lets the characters be happy, so I'm hopeful it will be for both Arizona and April.  It's also optimistic that April is getting better from her crisis of faith rather than thinking about suicide.

Because honestly, there is enough pain and grief in the world.  I want to believe that my off-screen fictional characters at least are happy.

One of the first things that Krista said when she returned was that, while Grey's will always be a drama and have a certain amount of sadness and tragedy, she felt that the show had gotten far too dark & depressing. So, I do think that a big part of her MO is to give the characters satisfying endings rather than killing them off horrifically. While I wouldn't rule out anyone dying, I do think that she's at least focused on giving the characters proper closure (even Riggs got a solid exit and he was only around for 2 seasons). 

• Love 5

So... no press release for the finale, which is super weird. ABC gave us this: 

EVERY DAY BRINGS NEW CHALLENGES FOR THE DOCTORS AT GREY SLOAN, ON ABC’S ‘GREY’S ANATOMY’ - “All of Me” – Meredith Grey and the team of doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial are faced with life-or-death decisions on a daily basis. They seek comfort from one another, and, at times, more than just friendship. Together they discover that neither medicine nor relationships can be defined in black and white, on the season finale of “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, MAY 17 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

Guest starring are Debbie Allen as Catherine Avery, Justin Bruening as Matthew Taylor, Stefania Spampinato as Carina Deluca, Jake Borelli as Levi Schmitt, Alex Blue Davis as Casey Parker, Rushi Kota as Vik Roy, Sophia Ali Taylor as Dahlia Qadri and Jaicy Elliot as Taryn Helm.are Debbie Allen as Catherine Avery, Justin Bruening as Matthew Taylor, Stefania Spampinato as Carina Deluca, Jake Borelli as Levi Schmitt, Alex Blue Davis as Casey Parker, Rushi Kota as Vik Roy, Sophia Ali Taylor as Dahlia Qadri and Jaicy Elliot as Taryn Helm.

“All of Me” was written by Krista Vernoff and directed by Debbie Allen.

Matthew is in the last 2 episodes so he's almost certainly the person that April is dating. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1

Ugh I can't believe that's how they're sending her out.. Into the sunset with Mathew. No matter how they try to romanticise it's never going to look anything more then her settling for him and him being a doormat by taking her back.

i can't believe the teased us with the brilliance of April/Greg Germanns character and then stuck her back with Mathew. What a crappy ending.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 5

So, I guess with all the spoilers coming out, it does make me feel a little more certain that April's fate won't be through death. Of course, Krista's going to have to seriously convince me on why April either leaves Harriet or Jackson lets Harriet go with April, unless April is not moving too far away where her and Jackson could still maintain custody. If April is dating Matthew, I am a little disappointed because, though I missed the entirety of April's dating life saga with Matthew and with Jackson, I read about the situation and April really hurt him. It just feels a little weird for them to be jumping into dating, especially so soon after reconnecting and after Matthew's wife's death barely a few months ago. 

Also, I don't know why the synopsis for the show instead of a finale press release. Unless there's no way of not spoiling the finale and something major happens in 14x23 (for example, Jo and Alex's wedding gets ruined by some catastrophic event), then I'm not sure why they don't have at least a vague press release, like Alex/Jo's wedding is happening and drama ensues (or something).

• Love 2

I think ABC is just playing up the 'will someone die!?' hype, because they found ways around giving press releases for the shooting + plane crash without giving either of them away. 

As for her ending up with Matthew, if that's what's in the cards... Matthew lives and works in Seattle, so maybe we'll see April transfer to another hospital where she can exist happily in Harriet's life without being onscreen. I also think that it feels like a bit of a rushed ending and would have preferred to see them actually reunite onscreen and fall back in love if this way always the plan, but they're both very religious & their faith teachers forgiveness, so I'm okay with Matthew getting past what April did to him and falling back in love with her. 

That said, while I actually sort of agree that Arizona's story has seemed to keep hitting walls since Callie left, it will forever feel insane to me that April is being written out when she and Jackson are one of the last potential 'great' couples left who the writers could keep together to make so many fans happy. I don't 'ship' so I'm not mad about it, but it just seems... strange. April proved this season that she has tons of story potential, and she has connections to so many characters in the cast. Giving her this incredible story all year and then rushing a reunion with Matthew and moving her offscreen just doesn't make much sense to me. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 13