Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 04/27/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 4/27: Keke Palmer, Robin Roberts, Penelope Ann Miller, guest co-host Cristela Alonzo

Tu 4/28: Nicolle Wallace, Ryan Phillippe, Chita Rivera, guest co-hosts Cristela Alonzo & Padma Lakshmi

We 4/29: Morgan Freeman, Atticus Shaffer, Chris Carmack & Aubrey Peeples, guest co-host Cristela Alonzo

Th 4/30: John Quinones, guest co-host Cristela Alonzo

Fr 5/1: Edie Falco, Michael Corbett, guest co-host Cristela Alonzo

Did Cristela just say she plays herself on her sitcom??

In her sitcom she works in a law office and just passed the bar..... so Cristela is a lawyer in real life and is just doing comedy as a side gig??

I really don't get the point of lying ..... but I guess it is only The View

• Love 1

If Cristela becomes permanent, I think I'll finally be able to break this habit.

My View watching habit has been broken for many months now and I have Cristela and that horridly ghastly cackle of hers to thank for helping me make the transition to not watch The View a hell of a lot easier.  Because THAT laugh?  The worst I have ever heard on my television.  Worse than Maria Menounos.

• Love 5

Honestly I like Cristela as a host..... but I do agree with the laugh.... her's and Rosie's laugh both seem fake to me.... I think the laugh is their true laugh.... but they laugh at things that are not funny just to be laughing.... for years The View has been scripted.... we all knew that.... but now they have scripted laughter..... They do all of this because they assume that we are all ignorant to be watching

• Love 4

My View watching habit has been broken for many months now and I have Cristela and that horridly ghastly cackle of hers to thank for helping me make the transition to not watch The View a hell of a lot easier.  Because THAT laugh?  The worst I have ever heard on my television.  Worse than Maria Menounos.

Id have to say Cementhead.... The worse laugh on TV has always been Fran Drescher

• Love 2

How funny. I tried to watch The View for the first time in ages.  I boycotted the Jenny McCarthy years and just got out of the habit.  So I tuned in today and within a few minutes I came rushing here to see who had that horrible laugh, and find that that is pretty much the only thing anyone can talk about.  I guess I don't have to finish the show, because apparently nothing else happens except that one person making my ears bleed. 

Although, for me Maria Menounos is even worse.  Fran Drescher's is pretty bad, too, but I haven't heard from her in years and I guess I was more tolerant back then, because I was always able to watch something with her in it.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 1

I watched the last 20 minutes of today's show. The audience looked so excited when they were told they were going to get that boxing related crap at the end of the show.  I just rolled my eyes. That's not even near what kind of free stuff most people would expect to receive when attending a taping The View I'm sure.  

• Love 4

I can't get into boxing at all either.....

Nicole Wallace is driving me crazy. So Jenner is a Repub - so what. And that he will help the GOP - really NW....."that's beautiful?"

I'm not seeing a big divide in the GOP to support gay marriage at ALL. Sure there are some (9 were listed in 10/14 - G H  Bush, Portman, Cheney, Dent, Kirk, Collins, Mehlman, Huntsman, Laura Bush. That's all. The rest are "trying', imo, to dip their toes in by saying they would still love their own child if gay, or would attend a reception but not wedding, or should be decided state by state. News Flash - 37 stares have. And the SCOTUS will hear topic tomorrow and decide in June. Some GOP say if they say yes the matter will not be dropped. Nice try NW but not buying it. None of the potential GOP running for POTUS are anywhere near accepting it. Appreciate RP saying 64% of Americans are for it. Another note to NW Ian Reisner apologized profusely to the LGBT for hosting Cruz but I can't find anywhere in his apologies where he said he, himself, IS for gay marriage. I hope someone can correct me if he actually did.

Since I am all over Nicole today I would also like to point out to her that she should not refer to the Cleveland victims held captive (2 of 3)  as "infamous." They are victims and the definition of infamous is "well know for some BAD quality or deed."

Sigh...a show needs to be nominated to win a daytime emmy Whoopi. I'd work on that. 

ETA to clarify infamous and the victims are NOT.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 11

I haven't watched an entire show since Rosie O left, but I record it each day to see if there's anyone worthwhile on.  Usually no, and I delete it after the intro.  Today I wanted to see them talk about Obama at the Press Correspondents dinner, which they gave short shrift to, and I wanted to see Robin Roberts talk about her interview with the women who were held captive.  I FF'd through the rest of the show.  I used to love The View, but now it's all "Whoopi and the No Names."  Add in Cristela's laugh, and it's just another show I don't watch anymore.  I miss my old View, and I miss Rosie and Joy, who made the rest of it tolerable.

• Love 8

I usually have a pretty strong stomach for stuff on the news, but, from the beginning, I couldn't watch a thing about those poor girls that were held hostage for all those years in Cleveland.  I don't want to hear about it, no matter who the interviewer is!!!

• Love 4

LOL.  I think the bottom has already been scrapped!  Just sayin'.  (Tee-Hee)

Heh!   Even my typos make sense on this  show - Thanks MC.   Scrap the show, they are scraping the bottom, lol. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

Separate category - hair. Whoopi's is atrocious. Nicolle's is good most of the time. As far as Rosie P is concerned, it's too fixed. I read (maybe here?) that she's sensitive about her large forehead (or is she covering a scar?), but the way she brings it forward artificially on one side, it reminds me of the Trump thing. I wish she were looser, more natural, with her hair. 

Edited by merriebreeze

I agree with Rosie's hair...way too fixed - cut the bangs...fine to keep them swept to the side. But try a ponytail or at least up. Shorten it a little. Shake it up a little. It never changes or even grows, lol.

• Love 5

Nicolle is going to be a GUEST on the show? Isn't she allowed to speak about her book as a co-host? Hmmmm I wonder if it will be Whoopi and Rosie telling  Nicolle all about her own book and then interrupting everything she says. This is one strange show!

• Love 3

Whoopi mentioned her book today. So more tomorrow evidently.

OTOH I can't wait for her to go on book tour although I can wait for yet another guest co-host. Oh! The problems this show brings into my life, lol. 

BTW, wasn't Keke a guest host today? Not a guest? So confused!

• Love 1

but, from the beginning, I couldn't watch a thing about those poor girls that were held hostage for all those years in Cleveland.  I don't want to hear about it, no matter who the interviewer is!!!

So on board with you Medicine Crow.  Just a horrific thing to happen, the stuff of horror films.

At the same time, I was squiffy about watching the Bruce Jenner interview last Friday, but finally tuned in about 15 minutes after the start.  I have to say I should have trusted Diane.  The show was interesting and informative.  It also felt honest, which surprised me frankly.

Friends and I have had conversations about the show and our lack of understanding everything that was said, but a real connection to his (her?) struggle.

Diane was awesome.

In retrospect, I think at first I thought it would be a typical BaBa interview.

I stand corrected.  There is a way to do this right.

BUT, back to your point.  I would hate ANY sensitive topic done by this show and that goes back about three years for me.  The show doesn't have the writing, acting, moderating...or really any qualities that would deal with a serious topic in a serious way.  I would never go here for anything of that nature.

I never watch The Talk on CBS because they have the audience weirdly involved...but I watched the show today to see what they said about the Jenner interview on Friday.  The conversation wasn't deep, but it was thoughtful and they spent 10 minutes or so on it...so props to them.

I think I am conflating those poor women in Cleveland with Jenner and that is not fair to the women by any means.  But they are both topics that make me uncomfortable and I would NEVER watch this edition of the View attempt to discuss either of these issues, or interview any of the victims or Bruce.

• Love 2

Nicolle is going to be a GUEST on the show? Isn't she allowed to speak about her book as a co-host? Hmmmm I wonder if it will be Whoopi and Rosie telling  Nicolle all about her own book and then interrupting everything she says. This is one strange show!

This is pure awesome ginger!  

I used to love The View, but now it's all "Whoopi and the No Names."  Add in Cristela's laugh, and it's just another show I don't watch anymore.  I miss my old View, and I miss Rosie and Joy, who made the rest of it tolerable.

I haven't watched more than a few minutes since Rosie left, and haven't even bothered to turn it on at all for weeks.  But I do still read this board to see what's going on.

I didn't watch at all last year with Jenny, so I have no opinion of her on The View.  But I did always kinda like Sherri, and at least she was a familiar face.  Wonder if it would have helped the show and ratings if they'd kept her.  At least there'd be 2 familiar faces, instead of "Whoopi and the No Names" .  Because I think that's my biggest problem with the show right now. I'm not really a Whoopi fan, and I don't know the strangers, so I don't feel a pull to tune in each day to see my tv "friends".

And it's LICKTATORS, Whoopi - not LickAtators.

Well, this is the same person who refers to the former president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, as "I'm a dinner jacket" because she couldn't be bothered to learn how to say his name correctly.

• Love 5

I'm honestly still flabbergasted that one of the first thinks Nicolle said about the Bruce interview was a joke about him being a Republican. That seemed so tacky and so not the point.

And the Baltimore discussion today wasn't up to snuff. Was it a promotional tie-in with HBO's the Wire?

And they really don't seem to like Padma much do they? I guess anyone that has a dissenting opinion at times has no business being on the panel! Your job is simply to laugh at everything.

• Love 3

Padma is the only one who makes any sense. I am soo sick of not funny whoopi..cackling nic ..that laugh of crested a ..and phoney accent and rambling of Rosie.... I am done.

They all laugh at anything whoopi says... Really farts. Come on where are the intelligent women?

• Love 5

I had to laugh when Rosie Perez said she was against violence. I imagined her saying that over and over again while a black and white film of boxers hitting one another played in slow motion in the background. I am glad we got hear Whoopi point and yell at the people who burned down the CVS. I wish she would have been as angry about what the police did to Freddy Gray. Hell, I wish it even made her as angry as her phone taxes do.

• Love 8

I usually have a pretty strong stomach for stuff on the news, but, from the beginning, I couldn't watch a thing about those poor girls that were held hostage for all those years in Cleveland.  I don't want to hear about it, no matter who the interviewer is!!!

It creeps me out that they have made a TV movie about this horror story. I suppose if all 3 women are alright with it..... but when strangers make millions off of their tragedy it just seems wrong to me

• Love 5

What's up with the new desk? Did I miss something (we were prempted for the first 7 or 8 minutes). It seemed so odd because it kind of looked presidential. Which clashes with Whoopi's throne.

I only caught a few minutes of the show, but the desk was set up to simulate the Oval Office, complete with flags, while they were discussing NicHole's new book.  Blech!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 6

The people engaging in violence in Baltimore are NOT protesters...... they are taking advantage of the tragedy of others.... .they are not trying to enact change.... they are trying to line their own pockets.... There were peaceful protests going on for 6 hours before the clashes with baseball fans took place..... but that didnt make the news...... our media can not sensationalize peaceful protests.

It is a shame that the Ladies of The View didnt tell us that these protests came about because Freddie Gray died while in custody of the police by having his spine broken in 2 places..... instead they just promoted the violence.

• Love 11

Agree Roger.  Our Canadian talk show, The Social, discussed Baltimore but they showed a clip of a black Mama chasing down her teenager & slapping him upside the head a couple of times while telling him to go home.  THAT'S what the majority of people feel about those thugs that AREN'T their kids.

• Love 5

Wow. Rosie P has finally run out of hair people.

Rosie was on Wendy William's today.  She said  that she wears wigs sometimes.  The wig looks a lot like her hair (except for that ugly part or non-part.)  That  was her hair today because she had frizzies and she had her own hair on Wendy today  So, yeah, maybe the hair people just ignore her and let her come out without any help because it looked great on Wendy.  I understand that she wears wigs because of all the styling that would destroy her hair, but there are better wigs and I think she can afford one.  

• Love 1

I saw the Youtube video.  How did it end?  The woman was chasing that young man around, but I didn't see him agreeing to go home and stop.  He kept walking away from her until the end, when she tore his facemask off him and he turned to look back at her.  It looks like he'd taken her words to heart and was going to go home, but I wish the video would have shown that.  Whatever happened, that woman really wanted that young man to stop and go home, and he didn't want to hurt her. 

If it weren't in such an extreme situation, it would be like things that happen all over the world.  Young man is fired up and goes with his friends to make some sort of statement, although these days too many statements are made in violent or potentially violent scenarios.  Mom shows up and lays down the law.  Young man can't just fold like a house of cards or a 'Leave it to Beaver' episode, he has to prance around and show his friends he's not going to back down to his mom.  But she persists, and suddenly he has a way out.  "Sorry guys, I'd like to continue with all this, but got to take my mom home before she blows a gasket.  I'll join you later if she ever calms down."

• Love 1

And the Baltimore discussion today wasn't up to snuff. Was it a promotional tie-in with HBO's the W

Ha!  It certainly seemed to be.

Since the first 8-9 minutes of this show was preempted for the President's remarks regarding Baltimore the contrast between the two could not have been more glaring.  In fact, I didn't even bother to watch after that topic it was so bad. 

I wonder if her hairdresser on The View would spill the secret

I don't think the hairdressers on The Spew can take the credit.  She has that same good hair on Morning Joe. 

• Love 2

Looks like Nicolle is wearing one of Whoopi's white shirts. I noticed it poking out from under her red sweater.

Hey, I actually agreed with Whoopi when she said, "Normal is a cycle on a washing machine."

I think it was Whoopi...

Whoopi having to apologize for continuing to talk about a relevant "hot" topic that dares go past the typical 1.5-3 minute limit. The shame! 

So Mario now has his own taped segments. Thank goodness! I just hope Rosie & her cousin Sixto don't get one dedicated to boxing.

Speaking of Rosie, what in the world is she talking about most of the time? She seems very intelligent but she goes off on these long tangents and its too much. Then when someone SEMI challenges her, like today with Raven she gets very defensive. So odd. 

I actually do hope Raven gets the spot as she seems to not be afraid to say outlandish things. We as the audience are owed at least that much. This Cristela thing won't work as she will clearly toe the ABC line. She won't want to get too whacky because of her other show. It's what stifled Joy in the last years on the panel.

• Love 4

Just watched the Morgan Freeman interview. That was painful. The questions were silly and he really wasn't into answering anything. Nicole got nervous, I think, because she muttered that the movie March of the Penguins changed her life.

• Love 7