Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Battle Of The Brunches

• Start Topic

Does anyone else remember the scene with her daughter in the first episode? They were talking about returning that bag. Dorinda asked her daughter to come with her, and she said she would as long as Dorinda didn't make a scene. She said that a person couldn't just throw a fit and demand to get their way. Dorinda said "oh yes you can". At the time it made me think that Dorinda must have a habit of being demanding and nasty to service providers. The deal in the restaurant seemed to further call this out. I'm still willing to give her a chance because there are other things about her I like, but I am giving her the side-eye at this point.

I feel the same. Still willing to give her a chance because there are some things I like about her.

Re: her alleged habit of being demanding of service providers...at the bar while they're waiting for the other women to arrive for brunch, when the bartender puts down her Bloody Mary, she says, "I like extra Worstershire sauce. Right away."  When she spies the salt-less rim of her glass, a sulky, "and I like salt.".  No please or thank you, which may or may not mean a thing - seemed she was overloaded with Ramonja at that moment.  But I've got my eye on you, Dori.

One other thing that bugged me but probably not anyone else... LOL.  When they were sitting at the bar, Ramona's sister is sitting at the end next to Dorinda.  Dorinda has her body turned to catch the conversation between Ramonja - blocking the sister's view of what was going on.  IMO, when you're sitting at a bar like that with a group, you have to re-align your bar stool a little so that everyone is able to be in on the conversation.  I think it's rude otherwise.  Dorinda was kind of leaning on the bar with her back to Tanya. Not completely but it felt exclusionary.  Pet peeve of mine.

• Love 16

I also thought Dorinda's actions were racist. It wasn't just trying to flag down the one African American man as he walked by, but by the way she was then pawing at him and saying, "It's the SHIRT! It's the SHIRT!" And then continuing to tell us it's the shirt in her talking head. THAT'S what made it seem abhorrant and racist to me. If it wasn't racist, I think a calm, "Oh, my apologies! I thought you had on the same white shirt as the waiters" would have been appropriate and 100% just a mix up. But it was like, oh, fuck, that was prejudiced so let me overcompensate to "prove" that it wasn't! She was physically overcompensating like, see, I can touch a black person, when she had no right to be putting her hands on anyone like that. And the way she was saying, "It's the SHIRT! It's the SHIRT!" was obviously to point out that it isn't your SKIN! It's like she was trying way to hard to NOT be racist--because she WAS racist, and she knew it!

I think, unfortuneately, no matter what her actual action was - racist or genuine faux pas - the problem is that it happened on tv. She knows if she plays it off  as a casual "oh you're wearing the same white shirt as the waiters" then people will call her racist for assuming a black man was a waiter. If she says nothing at all, people will call her racist for just assuming a black man in a white shirt was a waiter. If she runs to apologize and overcompensates a lot because she realizes how bad it looks, yup, people will call her racist for assuming a black man in a white shirt was a waiter.

• Love 7
I think there is enough real racism in society that we certainty don't need to lablel this woman as being racist off of her thinking the man worked at the restaurant. In my opinion it is unfair to imply she was being racist from that one scene. We do not know enough about Dorinda to go there yet.

Agreed. I actually missed this little snippet Tues night, due to FFing the DVR. I went back and watched it last night, and I didn't really get a racist vibe at all. If anything, I will agree with the poster that posited Dorinda was just really entitled. I also didn't like the way she spoke to the bartender at the brunch restaurant. She said something like, "I need horseradish NOW". I suppose she could say she was brusque because the girls were giving her a headache and she needed some booze in her, but that's not the bartender's fault. So yea, it seems like more of a snobby attitude than anything at this point. 

• Love 11

I feel the same. Still willing to give her a chance because there are some things I like about her.

Re: her alleged habit of being demanding of service providers...at the bar while they're waiting for the other women to arrive for brunch, when the bartender puts down her Bloody Mary, she says, "I like extra Worstershire sauce. Right away."  When she spies the salt-less rim of her glass, a sulky, "and I like salt.".  No please or thank you, which may or may not mean a thing - seemed she was overloaded with Ramonja at that moment.  But I've got my eye on you, Dori.

I noticed that too and it irked me. Who says "right away" when asking for something from a server or bartender? The thing that was really interesting to me was that she said it quietly and Bravo put in the sub-titles to make it clear what she was saying. They are clearly trying to point out that the woman wants what she wants when she wants it.

• Love 5

We do not know enough about Dorinda to go there yet.

I hope we don't have to.  I'm still suffering PTSD from the suckage that was Beverly Hills.  I want New York to be lighter and more fun.  No addictions or alcoholism, no racism, no narcissism.  Just. no.  The only -ism I want to see is conspicuous consumptionism.

• Love 8

Luann: picking and choosing her manners. perfectly acceptable to show up an hour and a half late to a brunch yet she chastises Dorinda's bf for his PDA and phone use? (Her blog)

Bethennys eyes narrowing when Heather said she'd "done television" this morning. B sure is DONE when it's not about her and her hustle. Pussy hair was just nasty, anything to one up her competition.

Who was the unidentified person walking out of Bethennys house when the ladies left.

"Bethennys house" would buy a lot of soup for real homeless ppl.

Did you see those chintzy looking brunch Love plates? B house(s) were bought as "Bridge Love LLC" and "Bridge Love II LLC". (See post in her topic) That explains that .

Bethennys hair was thin and ratchet at the lunch with Lu and Heather.

What does get off my JOCK? Mean? Anyone?

WTF, did Carole borrow Bethennys satin roller girl jacket for Beautique? What did that girl have on exactly?

Great Q&A on Kelly B on Bravo. She's got tons of hustle going on....

• Love 3

So very true -- followed by descriptions of the various items that Brandi carries in her uterus because she's SUCH a ho-bag, and horror at the fact that she let her son pee on Adrienne's lawn and didn't leap up with her broken ankle to tuck his dong of doom away.

Edit: trimmed quote tree

I'm not afraid to compare Beth's mouth to Brandis here! Irony is that Kristens mouth leans towards the rated G and she's good friends with Brandi and Beth the foul mouthed is good friends with rated G Kyle. Imagine that!

• Love 4

After Sonja's tackling of the Dreschers' anniversary party, she was SO not ready for prime time, but if her web site's to be believed, it's still an ongoing business. While she seems to take good care of the people who visit her for teas and such, there's a difference between hosting a small group of women in your home vs. throwing a party in an actual venue with dozens of guests. I remember there being little food, no silverware, etc. It was just an embarrassment. And the musical entertainer was bizarre.

Heh, was that the band Sonja hired from the street corner-- the one that played 1 verse and chorus of "Jingle Bells" before ripping into a tuneful exploration of ass piracy?

• Love 3

I noticed that too and it irked me. Who says "right away" when asking for something from a server or bartender? The thing that was really interesting to me was that she said it quietly and Bravo put in the sub-titles to make it clear what she was saying. They are clearly trying to point out that the woman wants what she wants when she wants it.

Now I interpreted "right away" as her implying, "bring it as soon as you can. I need to knock back this Bloody Mary and its heirs asap -- because there's only 1 way to get through this brunch and it sure as hell ain't sober."

• Love 5

Who was the unidentified person walking out of Bethennys house when the ladies left.

I wondered that as well.  Someone's assistant?

I'm not afraid to compare Beth's mouth to Brandis here! Irony is that Kristens mouth leans towards the rated G and she's good friends with Brandi and Beth the foul mouthed is good friends with rated G Kyle. Imagine that!

I would be very happy if the mention of Brandi, her mouth or any of her other parts were never mentioned again.  I'm tellin' ya....PTSD.  It's real.

• Love 4

Let's leave the political innuendos to the Fox News forums, shall we?

Thank you.

I don't know if you noticed that a poster mentioned ignorance and how many Republicans were living in UES according to a mayors race. I was trying to ask what the poster meant by her statement. There seemed to be something meant by those words.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 4

Thank you.

I don't know if you noticed that a poster mentioned ignorance and how many Republicans were living in UES according to a mayors race. I was trying to ask what the poster meant by her statement. There seemed to be something meant by those words.

Noticed, and if you'd like to continue that line of talk, I'd ask you both to take it to PM. I really don't want this thread to devolve into assumptions and accusations of political parties based on locale. Slippery slope, and all that.

Great Q&A on Kelly B on Bravo. She's got tons of hustle going on....

On TV?  I can't find it on Bravo's website. 

ETA:  Found it.  She's busy.  On paper, she seems like she's doing well.  I hope so.  I never hated Kelly.

Edited by ryebread

If anything this show is a portrait of women who live in New York City.. they will certainly act differently then people that live in other parts of the country.  I like the natural scenes (yes, such as Dorinda's mistaking the black man for a server).. because that didn't look scripted whatsoever... and it illustrates how out of the touch the have's are from everyone else that isn't in their circle.

I did like how Bethanny sat off by herself because of how steamed she was about not being given the heads up that Kelly B was going to be there.  Thinking about it, she might be over it.. but still doesn't mean she will feel comfortable being in the same room with her.  I liked how Luann went to her, they talked about it.. Luann said sorry.. then Bethanny went over and was cordial to Kelly.. and there was no blow up whatsoever.  Sort of how I wished Kyle/Brandi/Kim would have done during the gay mixer.

Lastly, I think having 8 women is still too much.. this week Kristen was hardly featured at all.  I kind of miss the old days where they were only five or even six women to focus on.. because each of the women got equal focus on each episode rather in group settings, twosomes hanging out, or just in their day to day life. 

• Love 3

I would be very happy if the mention of Brandi, her mouth or any of her other parts were never mentioned again.  I'm tellin' ya....PTSD.  It's real.

I second that emotion! I want to leave the genuinely upsetting world of RHOBH behind me. NYC is such ridiculous fun in comparison. 

I forgot Kristen was a part of this show this week. Was she at the brunches? 

Hey let's listen to Mya and turn the discussion to the question that has been bedeviling the American Public for the last few weeks.

When are we going to see the episode where Carole is in the Taxicab with her husband in the ash tray?

• Love 5

If she is indeed a racist, Satan Andy is gonna disassociate himself from her very quickly & possibly even boot her off the show.

Doubtful since Brandi Glanville's racist ass is still onTV.

NYC, the liberal bastion

HA! all those years of republican mayors/governors and police killing black people belie that notion.

I feel like she was at Bethenny's? But maybe I'm mistaken?

She was that's when she made the ghetto remark. 

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 2

I feel like she was at Bethenny's? But maybe I'm mistaken? 

She was there.  Remember how she exclaimed, "We're so ghetto" because they left the house with items?  That was her contribution of the week.  That and stupid glasses.  

• Love 4

Wheee, your post took me back to a scene from "Designing Women", the greatest sitcom of all time (opinion as fact!! Banned!!): Anthony (the brilliant Meshach Taylor) attends an event at Atlanta's most exclusive and restricted country club and a member hands him some car keys (Porsche I think) with instructions to park it. Anthony graciously does so --in the swimming pool.

That certainly would have been one way for Dorinda to clear up whether or not she's a racist or merely suffering from an arterial flow problem from above the neck: Start singing, "black man, black man."

• Love 2

I looked up "get off my jock"...never heard it before Bethenny said it. Wonder if a few guys have said it to her! :-D

get off my jock

An expression that means "Excuse me, you are involved in matters that concern me, not you, so I would appreciate it if you would give me some space and let me do my thing." Basically when someone says get off my jock they want you to back the hell up and leave them alone because you are being nosey and getting involved in shit that has nothing to do with you. Get off my jock can also be used to ask someone to remove themselves from your penis (jock = penis). If someone is feeling on your dick without your permission, the proper phrase to use would be get off my jock. Another time where the phrase get off my jock would be appropriate is if someone is arguing with you and you prove them wrong you can yell "GET OFF MY JOCK!!!!" to be like "Yeah dumbass you were wrong I was right!!!"

Brendan: Who ya texting?!

Christian: My friend from Oklahoma...

Brendan: Oh cool... What's his name?

Christian: HER name is Chelsea...

Brendan: Oh cool is she hot? Where does she go to school? How did you meet her?

Christian: Brendan, get off my jock... It's none of your damn business

by christuhferGTL August 17, 2010

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=get+off+my+jock

Edited by talula
  • Love 1
Who says "right away" when asking for something from a server or bartender?

I do! But it's a joke. Like, if it's been a rough day and I'm out after work, the server will ask if I want anything from the bar. I say "OH yeah!" or "right away!" with a laugh. I generally add something like "it's been that kind of a day" and smile so that the server gets that I'm not being a diva, and no harm done. I figured that Dorinda's "right away" was  meant in the same way, even if she was being deadpan.

Don't get me wrong - I hate it when people are rude to wait staff. I'd love to see how these women are with leaving tips - to me, that's the real proof of assitude. If someone like Dorinda gives directives but tips generously and often, it bothers me less than someone stiffing the waitstaff on gratuity. (You think someone like Lady Morgan is a big tipper? She probably thinks restaurants consider it an honor to have here there promoting their restaurant, and that's enough.)

ETA: Please note that I am solely addressing Dorinda's "right away" comment and not the coat check incident.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1

I do! But it's a joke. Like, if it's been a rough day and I'm out after work, the server will ask if I want anything from the bar. I say "OH yeah!" or "right away!" with a laugh. I generally add something like "it's been that kind of a day" and smile so that the server gets that I'm not being a diva, and no harm done. I figured that Dorinda's "right away" was  meant in the same way, even if she was being deadpan.

Don't get me wrong - I hate it when people are rude to wait staff. I'd love to see how these women are with leaving tips - to me, that's the real proof of assitude. If someone like Dorinda gives directives but tips generously and often, it bothers me less than someone stiffing the waitstaff on gratuity. (You think someone like Lady Morgan is a big tipper? She probably thinks restaurants consider it an honor to have here there promoting their restaurant, and that's enough.)

ETA: Please note that I am solely addressing Dorinda's "right away" comment and not the coat check incident.

I picture Lady Morgan's "interns" digging out of their unpaid pockets to cover the tips.

• Love 5

If anything this show is a portrait of women who live in New York City.. they will certainly act differently then people that live in other parts of the country.  I like the natural scenes (yes, such as Dorinda's mistaking the black man for a server).. because that didn't look scripted whatsoever... and it illustrates how out of the touch the have's are from everyone else that isn't in their circle.

I did like how Bethanny sat off by herself because of how steamed she was about not being given the heads up that Kelly B was going to be there.  Thinking about it, she might be over it.. but still doesn't mean she will feel comfortable being in the same room with her.  I liked how Luann went to her, they talked about it.. Luann said sorry.. then Bethanny went over and was cordial to Kelly.. and there was no blow up whatsoever.  Sort of how I wished Kyle/Brandi/Kim would have done during the gay mixer.

Lastly, I think having 8 women is still too much.. this week Kristen was hardly featured at all.  I kind of miss the old days where they were only five or even six women to focus on.. because each of the women got equal focus on each episode rather in group settings, twosomes hanging out, or just in their day to day life. 

Yeah, so far NYC has been infinitely more enjoyable than BH. I also just found it tiring that so many people would complain about Brandi and Kim being awful (yes, they were) and thus too prominently featured yet proceed to spend every BH thread discussing them (board on board?). As our dear Skinnygirl would say, that's so 2000- and who cares?

As for the size of the group, I think at this point it's something of a necessity as these shows begin to age. Camps/teams start to form among the veteran HWs, so you need to offset the entrenched groups with fresh blood to comment on the warring factions. 

Edited by KFC
  • Love 9

I rewatched the episode to see Coatcheckgate with fresh eyes prior to commenting. I'm here and there on whether the initial gesture was racist or simply pretty darned forward. And I say that as a white guy who apparently looks like a retail worker because I have been stopped in countless Targets, Belks (think Southern version of Dillards) and the like. But the grabbing the shirt/tie was just majorly aggressive. it almost establishes dominance. And who does that?

I also think dressing like an employee- in this case shirt/tie but no jacket and in retail a colored polo or button down shirt but no jacket- makes it more likely.  I think I have the exact opposite perception of a previous poster in that I think people are much less likely to perceive some a little dressed down for an employee than someone dressed more nicely. To be honest if I see someone in a tux at a restaurant I assume they work their. Blazer and jeans or suit with no tie and I think they are a fellow customer. YMMV.

A second viewing also convinces me that Beth had become everything she criticized about Jill. I honestly think Beth need to skip the high end shrink and look into either Al Anon or someone to unwind her food issues. Something is just not right about her hair trigger temper, the constant need to belittle others or the need to control through any behavior/language necessary. I think she got away with it the first go round because she was truly surrounded by crazy & seemed like the underdog looking through the window. Now she is Queen B and the behavior does not wear as well. 

• Love 5

I had worked in the hospitality industry for about 30 years. Well actually I was the accountant for hundreds of bars and restaurants in NYC. Also back in day I bounced around pretty good. Let me tell you one thing. Being a good tipper makes up for just about anything. If you tip well and spend money in a joint you can get away with just about anything.

Trust me. I have. 

That's why I think Dorinda's boyfriend is probably the most popular person in the entire cast with the people who serve drinks and dinner. I bet he passes around

c-notes like Kim Richards passes around Monty's painkiller pills when Dorinda opens her big mouth and insults somebody or barks at a waiter. The rest of them seem to have deep pockets but very short arms.

• Love 17

I looked up "get off my jock"...never heard it before Bethenny said it. Wonder if a few guys have said it to her! :-D

get off my jock

An expression that means "Excuse me, you are involved in matters that concern me, not you, so I would appreciate it if you would give me some space and let me do my thing." Basically when someone says get off my jock they want you to back the hell up and leave them alone because you are being nosey and getting involved in shit that has nothing to do with you. Get off my jock can also be used to ask someone to remove themselves from your penis (jock = penis). If someone is feeling on your dick without your permission, the proper phrase to use would be get off my jock. Another time where the phrase get off my jock would be appropriate is if someone is arguing with you and you prove them wrong you can yell "GET OFF MY JOCK!!!!" to be like "Yeah dumbass you were wrong I was right!!!"

Brendan: Who ya texting?!

Christian: My friend from Oklahoma...

Brendan: Oh cool... What's his name?

Christian: HER name is Chelsea...

Brendan: Oh cool is she hot? Where does she go to school? How did you meet her?

Christian: Brendan, get off my jock... It's none of your damn business

by christuhferGTL August 17, 2010

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=get+off+my+jock

It's something I used to say when I was 12. Way back in 1989. Other variations of this phrase were "stop jocking me," "get off my tip," "stop sweating me" all depending on geographical location. Apparently Bethenny has hopped in her way back machine and started appropriating phrases from white shirt and tie wearing kids from the late 80's.
  • Love 12

Camps/teams start to form among the veteran HWs, so you need to offset the entrenched groups with fresh blood to comment on the warring factions. 

Heh. Warring factions. True.

That's why, no matter how bad Carole wants to be Carrie, this show will never be like Sex and the City.  Those 4 had each other's backs, always. There were no camps or teams. When they fought, they managed to work out their differences without flogging one another to within an inch of their lives.  I wave my "I <3 SATC" flag proudly because it was funny and witty and poignant and relatable.  It was scripted but the different relationships evolving, people coming and going out of their lives was fun.  The parties, apartments, shopping.

I'm wondering what would happen if these 8 knuckleheads put their heads together and tried to model this show (and their behavior) after SATC.  If it would improve ratings.  Andy wouldn't like it because he loves the warring factions and teams but the majority of these women are smart.  And maybe if everybody tried to get along instead of constantly one-upping, out bossing and over talking each other, it would make for a better experience for them and us.  I know this is supposed to be 'reality TV' but how real is it?  Not very anymore.

I dunno.  It just feels like something needs to be switched up.  The old formula is feeling old.

• Love 4

A second viewing also convinces me that Beth had become everything she criticized about Jill. I honestly think Beth need to skip the high end shrink and look into either Al Anon or someone to unwind her food issues. Something is just not right about her hair trigger temper, the constant need to belittle others or the need to control through any behavior/language necessary. I think she got away with it the first go round because she was truly surrounded by crazy & seemed like the underdog looking through the window. Now she is Queen B and the behavior does not wear as well.

I agree. I wrote earlier in the thread that I think something is wrong with her (and I also compared her to Jill!), and I usually never think this way - I just think some people are bitchy or crazy or fill-in-the-blank, and there's no pill or therapy for that. But because Bethenny has been on reality tv for so long and has really exposed herself to the public, I'm seeing somebody that has changed....something is off. Your examples are spot-on - the hair trigger temper and the constant belittling. I'll add another one - telling a literal sob story about her divorce in the car to her realtor, a practical stranger, and breaking down. I don't say this without compassion - the contentious divorce battle alone is reason enough to cause a person to lose it or really struggle, but to me, the changes in character are really obvious.

• Love 6

The problem between Ramona and Beth over brunch was clearly started by Beth. Ramona was in the middle of saying that she was inviting everyone to brunch when Beth interrupted her with "what does everyone really want to do?" Beth rapidly continued throwing out ideas and then inviting people to her own place before they brunch elsewhere while Ramona sat there wide mouthed until she realized she was even losing her houseguest Sonja to Beth's invitation. Then Ramona started that whole etiquette conversation.

Ramona should have stopped Beth with a simple, excuse me but I've already made plans for a brunch for us all.

Here is a link to the conversation.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-702/videos?clip=2857803

Thank you, that's how I saw it.

• Love 2

I don't understand this comment.  The speed of which you offer up an explanation is the determination of whether or not you are a racist?

Racists don't give a fuck about offending their targets.

Or refer to the "but I have a -----friend line.

In my experience, of course.

Dorinda is your run of the mill UES privileged white woman.

• Love 1

Racists don't give a fuck about offending their targets.

Or refer to the "but I have a -----friend line.

In my experience, of course.

Dorinda is your run of the mill UES privileged white woman.

Donald Sterling apologized.  Is he not a racist?

• Love 1

Unfortunately, some people are so freakin' clueless, they don't even realize they're racist.  Dorinda might be like that.  Idk.

Just curious, anyone familiar with this joint they went to?  Is it really a cougar-fest there -- as it appeared to be?  22-year-old . . . er, "models", looking for rich sugar-mommas?  Oy & ew.  I'll pass, thanks.  But Lu seemed to be very well-known there, didn't she?  I had the feeling she was like Norm at Cheers.  When she comes in there, all the barely legal hustler-boys must scream "Countess!"

• Love 13

Ironically, I had that originally, but I stuck with Fox News. ;)

Is there any political new show forums? Just curious.

I rewatched the episode to see Coatcheckgate with fresh eyes prior to commenting. I'm here and there on whether the initial gesture was racist or simply pretty darned forward. And I say that as a white guy who apparently looks like a retail worker because I have been stopped in countless Targets, Belks (think Southern version of Dillards) and the like. But the grabbing the shirt/tie was just majorly aggressive. it almost establishes dominance. And who does that?

I also think dressing like an employee- in this case shirt/tie but no jacket and in retail a colored polo or button down shirt but no jacket- makes it more likely.  I think I have the exact opposite perception of a previous poster in that I think people are much less likely to perceive some a little dressed down for an employee than someone dressed more nicely. To be honest if I see someone in a tux at a restaurant I assume they work their. Blazer and jeans or suit with no tie and I think they are a fellow customer. YMMV.

I was a little put off by the dressing carefully line because as a nurse who deals with vomit, spit, urine and blood frequently also physical restraint, dressing up seems the less careful choice IMO.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 1

I need to rewatch this episode but I have a question.

In the previews for next week, am I hearing correctly that Heather is talking about how Bethenny hurt Kristen's feelings by not inviting her somewhere?

Please someone tell me my mind was playing tricks on me...

The irony of Heather, who made her mark on this show by totally dissing Ramona and refusing to invite her to London with all of the other housewives, and clearly hurting Ramona's feelings, being the one who complain to/about someone else in this exact behavior would be too much.

I don't care for Heather, Kristen or Ramona, but wow...if that snippet of conversation we were shown is some fuck-and-awe hypocritical bullshit from Heather about how Bethenny needs to invite Kristen to something because her feelings are hurt, I may end up throwing the remote at my TV.

• Love 12

Is there any political new show forums? Just curious.

I was a little put off by the dressing carefully line because as a nurse who deals with vomit, spit, urine and blood frequently also physical restraint, dressing up seems the less careful choice IMO.

Higgins, there are network news forums here! We also have a Daily Show forum, and a Bill Maher one, if you're into that. :) 

• Love 2

Unfortunately, some people are so freakin' clueless, they don't even realize they're racist.  Dorinda might be like that.  Idk.

Just curious, anyone familiar with this joint they went to?  Is it really a cougar-fest there -- as it appeared to be?  22-year-old . . . er, "models", looking for rich sugar-mommas?  Oy & ew.  I'll pass, thanks.  But Lu seemed to be very well-known there, didn't she?  I had the feeling she was like Norm at Cheers.  When she comes in there, all the barely legal hustler-boys must scream "Countess!"

Her walking away with that kid after five minutes was so creepy(tm Kelly B.)

I dont mind Dorinda's boyfriend yet.....not going to judge by his looks. I do believe that going out and entertaining clients can get dicy at times.

• Love 3

I shouldn't have used the word greedy.  But I don't get why a wealthy person (and she likes to appear wealthy) would bother with nickel and diming like that.  When I get something new,  I like to give the old item to charity or someone needy and I am just middle class.   It's a good feeling.  At least she was able to hire someone to sell her crap.  I imagine it would have been embarrassing for a "countess" to be haggling over dollars.

I think it's two fold......she needs the money. She's not wealthy enough to not have to worry about money. And.......she may have a frugal and common sense side where money is concerned. I think those that pay attention to their money are wisest.
  • Love 7