Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 04/20/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 4/20: Taryn Manning, Rachel Smith, guest co-hosts Gina Rodriguez & Hannah Storm

Tu 4/21: Mo'Nique, Isaiah Washington, Dana Perino, guest co-hosts Cristela Alonzo & Hannah Storm

We 4/22: Zendaya, KaDee Strickland, guest co-hosts Alex Martin Dean & Cristela Alonzo

Th 4/23: Jane Lynch, Dwight Yoakam, guest co-hosts Alex Martin Dean & Cristela Alonzo

Fr 4/24: Diane Sawyer, Russell Crowe, Kevin Pollack, guest co-hosts Cristela Alonzo & Katherine Schwarzenegger

I find it really amazing that these hosts on The View think Hillary Clinton's age should be treated differently because she is a woman..... that disturbs me..... old is old no matter your gender. McCain's age was an issue when he ran in 2008... he was 70.... Hillary is 3 years younger than that.

• Love 2

Feminist is a word of strength. That is why so many politicians and media talking heads attempt to turn it into a negative. It is also a misnomer that only women can be Feminists.... I consider myself a Feminist because I believe in equality.

Progressive because a Left wing description because they tried to do the same thing with Liberal.... Liberal became a negative word by the Right and Media so Progressive came to light..... I am still a proud Liberal

• Love 15

I find it really amazing that these hosts on The View think Hillary Clinton's age should be treated differently because she is a woman..... that disturbs me..... old is old no matter your gender. McCain's age was an issue when he ran in 2008... he was 70.... Hillary is 3 years younger than that.

Yeah, I had heard criticism of Hilary based on the fact that she has a grandchild.   Mitt Romney had grandkids, but that was seen as a positive.   I guess when a woman's children reproduce, she needs to wear a housedress, sit in a rocker, and knit.  (when she's done baking pies, of course).  

• Love 10

What did they say about Hillary's age, Roger? When I turned the show on Whoopi was yelling at the camera about food stamps. I missed (I used that term loosely) most of the show.

They were saying it is mean to mention a woman's age in the political arena  How a woman's age is different than a man's age and it should not be an issue

Im all for Hillary.... but age is always an issue.... especially when she will be over 70 at the end of her first term. There is a lot of pressure to be the Leader of the Free World..... but from what I have seen she should be able to handle it if she stays healthy.

I don't think any criticism of her age is off limits but I do think that things like being a grandmother is a foolish criticism because there are a whole lot grandfathers who have run for office..... double standards are never positive arguments.

• Love 4

So, I tuned in today.  Not because I wanted to see the show, but because I miss you guys and wanted to have something to contribute here and keep this forum going.  So they're talking about the Boston bombing and Whoopi says, "Boston doesn't have the death penalty."  I just wish she would read a paper or listen to the news or just do a little research on whatever they're discussing.

• Love 9

These days when I watch this show, I just feel fatigued. It used to give me a few smiles and even some interesting thoughts. Now it is just a forum where people talk and wait for Whoopie's summation at the end of the discussion, like she's the definitive expert on everything. She didn't bug me so much until this season, and now she drives me crazy. Whoopie, Nicolle, and Rosie have no chemistry together, and when they bring an interesting co-host on who may have something of substance to say, it seems as if they are drowned out by the others. Every once in a blue moon there is an interesting interview with a guest, but that's about it for entertainment. I'll keep watching for a bit longer but with no enthusiasm, except to see the comments on this forum!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 9

So they're talking about the Boston bombing and Whoopi says, "Boston doesn't have the death penalty."  I just wish she would read a paper or listen to the news or just do a little research on whatever they're discussing.

Technically, she's half right.  Massachusetts does not have the death penalty for state-prosecuted crimes (The Commonwealth vs. whomever).  HOWEVER, the Boston Marathon case is a Federal crime being tried in Federal court (which happens to have a court in Boston), and therefore is death penalty eligible.

Compare this to the Aaron Hernandez trial:  Charges against AH were brought by the Commonwealth and, even though he was convicted of 1st degree Murder, the strongest sentence he could (and did) receive was Life Without Parole.  AH could not receive the death penalty unless he faced Federal charges.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 5

Oh boy, Nicolle gets to team up with previous co-worker Dana Perino?  I'll expect a full report!

Why was Whoopi yelling about food stamps?  Nicolle was whipped up, snarky and essentially nasty on MJ; Mika wasn't there so she and Joe teamed up on the daily Ailes fax talking points.

Re food stamps, or SNAP as it is called now, they discussed it because Paltrow gave up after 4 days on the challenge. She bought a chicken and black licorice. Sigh. And it seems that WG thinks that $29 a week is for GP and her whole family.

At the  very least WG should have realized the trial in Boston was held in a Federal Court!

How nice ABC moved this show from the entertainment dept to the news dept.

• Love 8

I'm trying to be a good sport here, having gone from watching live to DVR.  I find that my FF finger is really quick now & I went through today's show in 15 minutes.  I'm sick of Whoopi telling us & pointing her finger at us; totally fed up with everything NicHole says or does & completed disenchanted with RosieP, who's in way over her depth, seemingly intimidated by Whoopi & NicHole & unable to formulate a coherent thought without the "you knows" & "uhs".  Whoopi pulled the wire out of her ear when she flubbed Henry Louis Gates Jr.'s name a producer corrected her.  (Have some respect, Whoopi!!!)  I don't want to hear the lies & half-truths this lazy show & stupid women propagate.  I'm done!!!!

Edited:  Whose is not who's ...

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 10

Skipped a few weeks but this show is worse than ever. I feel like I am watching the granny hour starring Whoopi, her face, her voice, her finger and a shrieking Nicole. I had to laugh though at Rosie talking about looking good and aging. Her face can't move a muscle. Rosie still can't make a point, either. Damn, this show sucks! Seriously awful and difficult to watch.

• Love 10

I could not tell you what the Kermit segment was all about.... and Im not sure what Dana Perino's point was to be on the show.... she has a new book but they really didnt say much about it.... she was there to criticize Clinton and praise Bush...... I wonder who her audience was

• Love 2

Okay, so I watched part of the show this morning, starting with the tongue-bath Dana Perino gave NicHole.

The interview with Mo'Nique & Isaiah Washington was just plain weird with Isaiah totally hijacking the progression by declaring that there were two "_____" award winners on the stage & he proceeded to salute the military in the audience, saying he was "one of them".  Gawd, I can't stand his ego!!

• Love 6

For a succinct 5 word description of this show we turn to Medicine Crow:

"...lazy show & stupid women..."

Pretty much says it all -

On a slightly different note, I still can't figure out who the target audience is.  ABC MUST have someone in mind right?  I would love to know who the producers want to attract.

• Love 7

I saw 2 minutes today when they walked out. I just can't. Whoopi, Nicole & Rosie don't have any chemistry let alone bringing guest co-host for try outs. This show is so dead. I can't watch The Talk because it's unbearable. I might have to start reading a book. Shudder the thought. LOL!!!

• Love 11

Do you think Whoopi actually believes she's good at this job? I know she feels entitled and that they're oh so lucky to have her, but yanking out her wire when she's being corrected, or being unable to read the teleprompter???  If she has any self-awareness at  all, surely this tells her she's not up for the job. Or is she of the "my shit don't stink" contingent? 

• Love 12

Let's see.  What did I learn today.

1.  Monkeys may be voting in the future.

2.  The soldier's inspiring story was really an Almay commercial.

3.  You should always take your husband's phone calls.  Always.

Edited by Morgalisa
  • Love 11

Today I learned it is hilarious to tell a female troop to RUN!

I didn't even know what that meant, but everyone was laughing like it was so funny. I took it as insulting, but maybe I'm missing something. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was bizarre. 

• Love 5

I know we can't discuss a certain ex-co host's personal life, so I'll try and word this carefully. I'm wondering if the news that came out today will be discussed on Hot Topics tomorrow? I'm betting not. They never discuss the stuff I want them to anymore.

• Love 7

To the Mod of this thread....are we able to discuss a former host's personal life under Everything Else TV ( under Misc Tv Talk) in the Miscellaneous Celebrity thread? I am curious because the chatter there is more of a  personal nature than professional one. Thank you!

• Love 2

To the Mod of this thread....are we able to discuss a former host's personal life under Everything Else TV ( under Misc Tv Talk) in the Miscellaneous Celebrity thread? I am curious because the chatter there is more of a  personal nature than professional one. Thank you!

Awhile back, we were directed to post here:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/8975-miscellaneous-celebrity-news/page-20

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

I have grown to hate how almost everytime they have a guest someone will somehow make a point to bring that shit back to Whoopi so the audience would applaud her.

Just like Barbara would make an interview about her.

• Love 9

NicHole

Hahahaha!  Nice one MC. 

You should always take your husband's call. Hear that ladies? Make your husbands your priority-fuck your jobs and all.

What the hell?  Did The Great and Sloppy One weigh in on that?      Did the the brain trust at the table think husbands always need to accept calls from their wives too? I'm curious about the context and may have to go find a clip.   Meanwhile, sometimes when Mr. Cosmo is out of town and calls I'll let him talk for a while - especially if he's being sweet and then say, "Who is this?"   Ha!  

Do you think Whoopi actually believes she's good at this job? I know she feels entitled and that they're oh so lucky to have her, but yanking out her wire when she's being corrected, or being unable to read the teleprompter???  If she has any self-awareness at  all, surely this tells her she's not up for the job. Or is she of the "my shit don't stink" contingent? 

Oh I think Whoopi didn't used to really care at all about this job as long as the check cleared.  But since Babs left and then RO, I think Whoopi really does think she's all that.  She seems to think she is the star (and the only Stah) of the show  - NicHole (tm MedicineCrow) , Rosie P, and whatever guest host they scrounged up are her backup singers so to speak.   It's been EIGHT years; if she had any self awareness she would have learned to look over the teleprompter and practice names, etc. by now. 

• Love 5
You should always take your husband's call. Hear that ladies? Make your husbands your priority-fuck your jobs and all.

Wouldn't it be great to see a video of Nicole "leading" that meeting...and the eyerolls when she made her proclamation.

• Love 5

I only tuned into this cluster fuck of a show to see the very lovely and smart Dana Perino.  Too bad that most of the ladies missed the opportunity to actually talk to her about her book - the one she was there to promote, but instead wanted to turn her into their punching bag on politics (that's just how I saw it.)   Dear ladies of The View:  Dana could mop the floor with you on any given subject.  Dolts.

As far as the "take the call from your husband" comment, that doesn't bother me in the least.  I'm sure Dana's husband affords her the same courtesy.   Back in the days before cell phones, I always had an understanding with the receptionist in our dental office, and that was if my husband or son called to please come and get me. It would probably be important, seeing as how we didn't normally call each other at work just to shoot the shit.  If either of them called, it was important. 

FWIW, her book is a good read.  She's been very inspirational and a good mentor to many young women over the years. She's a class act and was a good sport to take time out of her schedule for this particular show.

Edited by ChitChat

I only tuned into this cluster fuck of a show to see the very lovely and smart Dana Perino.  Too bad that most of the ladies missed the opportunity to actually talk to her about her book - the one she was there to promote, but instead wanted to turn her into their punching bag on politics (that's just how I saw it.)   Dear ladies of The View:  Dana could mop the floor with you on any given subject.  Dolts.

As far as the "take the call from your husband" comment, that doesn't bother me in the least.  I'm sure Dana's husband affords her the same courtesy.   Back in the days before cell phones, I always had an understanding with the receptionist in our dental office, and that was if my husband or son called to please come and get me. It would probably be important, seeing as how we didn't normally call each other at work just to shoot the shit.  If either of them called, it was important. 

FWIW, her book is a good read.  She's been very inspirational and a good mentor to many young women over the years. She's a class act and was a good sport to take time out of her schedule for this particular show.

Im not so sure about Dana Perino's intelligence..... I always saw her as being in the right place at the right time... Remember when she was Press Secretary and had no idea what the Cuban Missile Crisis was?? Wasnt sure what the Bay of Pigs was either..... seems foreign policy history should be important to someone speaking for the President of the United States.

• Love 7
As far as the "take the call from your husband" comment, that doesn't bother me in the least.  I'm sure Dana's husband affords her the same courtesy.   Back in the days before cell phones, I always had an understanding with the receptionist in our dental office, and that was if my husband or son called to please come and get me. It would probably be important, seeing as how we didn't normally call each other at work just to shoot the shit.  If either of them called, it was important.

To me this seems different from a meeting leader's giving advice to all attendees to ALWAYS take a call from one's spouse.  In all White House meetings?    

• Love 3

Nichole just told on herself.... and her party

Don Lemon came on The View because of some discussion he was having about the pronunciation  of sorbet... evidently there are 2 ways to say it

So Nichole said... assuming his way was wrong.... are you gonna dig in like a Republican??

In other words.... Nichole's perception of Republicans is they will hold on to a wrong idea so they wont have to admit they are wrong

• Love 4

Wouldn't it be great to see a video of Nicole "leading" that meeting...and the eyerolls when she made her proclamation.

The video I'd like to see is of Nicolle taking a call from her husband in the middle of a White House meeting.

• Love 4
Do we really need to listen to this jerk who showed his insensitivity to the situation when he covered Ferguson.

...or when he thought one of Cosby's victims should have fought harder.   Maybe he'll put his foot in his mouth again!

• Love 1

Yes, I do remember Dana Perino's press conference regarding her total lack of knowledge of the Cuban missile crisis. For all I know, her boss could have been just as clueless. Right now on The View Nicolle's screeching voice and continuous talking over anyone already speaking is driving me nuts! And I don't even particularly dislike her, even though I don't usually agree with her politically. She seems like she's be a nice person in 'real life' -- where I hope to god she doesn't employ that nasally, screechy, ear splitting voice.

• Love 6

The fact that Whoopi's  daughter Alex is on the panel makes me think more than ever that this is the last season of the show. I don't think it will be back after the summer.

I think Whoopi's trying to  getting her daughter noticed (and hopefully self-supporting) while she still has a daily, visible platform to do so. Time will tell.

BTW, I have no idea if Alex already is already supporting herself with no hand outs from her mom.

This is just a theory of mine.

Alex has beèn cohost several times in the past. I think it's more likely that it means Rosie was late calling in sick and they needed another warm body fast. Although' Mario seems to be available 24/7.

• Love 2
Today I learned it is hilarious to tell a female troop to RUN!

that was a real WTF moment for me.  was she saying RUN away from the military, like it is a bad career choice?  Or referring to allegations that women in the military are raped pretty often, so they need to learn to RUN?     I thought it was disrespectful to that segment of the audience, not validating their career choices. 

Always take a call from your husband?    No, that doesn't work for me.   My husband and I have different schedules 4 days out of the week, so we call each other daily to check in on stuff, but assume if the other is busy, the call will be returned.  We do not expect each other to interrupt work meetings to take calls. 

The only calls I would ALWAYS take was from my kids' schools, just to make sure it wasn't an emergency. 

• Love 2