Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Love The Way You Lie

Lori kidnaps Carter for a second time and the Wilson family learns the truth.

I hope they don't keep it to themselves & share the info with us.

• Love 4
(edited)

Well, Carter made herself more likable. I love how protective she was of Taylor. More sisterly hugs please.

They went there. They really went there. I know they implied a rushed wedding due to surprise pregnancy at some point last season, but this does fit with Elizabeth having pregnancy problems with Grant, so I'll try not to hate it too much. I'm just glad the girls are still twins.

I loved Grant cussing at his dad. Normally, I'd be annoyed, but that kid deserves to rage a little.

Ah, Max. I needed you and your hair back in my life. 

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was so glad that they fixed the Max/Taylor breakup within the first 5 minutes. It's like they saw our comments and realized that we really, really like Max. Kind of disappointed that our sweet prince looks like he's still going to be shutting her out. His relationship with Grant is clearly superior.

This donor thing probably isn't where they originally intended to go and it obviously isn't the whole story, but I'll take it. Of course everything goes back to scummy David.

I just love Taylor. She's boring at times but the actress can convey so many feelings with the same face, haha. Glad to see that they've tried to make Carter less....Carter. Their last line about always being sisters makes me suspect that they probably aren't. I have trust issues.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 2
They went there. They really went there. I know they implied a rushed wedding due to surprise pregnancy at some point last season, but this does fit with Elizabeth having pregnancy problems with Grant, so I'll try not to hate it too much. I'm just glad the girls are still twins.

It makes me so happy that she kidnapped Carter for a bat crap crazy reason and not some BS rationalization that makes you feel sympathy for Lori (ie the girls were really hers and the husbands or something along those lines). 

I don't remember the previous season honestly. Was the surprise pregnancy the twins or could it have been one that was lost or false positive?

So, what do you think - creepy father talked Lori into the kidnapping and also had an affair with her?

And although Max took Taylor back he seemed kind of preoccupied, like sleeping in the den? (And would Taylor's parents really ok Max sleeping in Taylor's room? Was that an option?)

(edited)

I found this whole episode wooden, poorly written and hokey...the dramatic tension from last season was not there, no matter how much they tried to force it..   I can't stand the way they assembled the whole cast in two rooms, it looked so fake.  I would have preferred a time jump--especially when they decided to undo the breakup scene and magically provide Max with a full recovery within days.  I don't really like what happened either--such a smooth operator as Lori would really allow herself to get caught so easily?  And her revelations were quite boring...why would she hoard the rest of the truth about David, unless she is just a fake character on a tv show that a corporation wants to continue making money off of?  I lost the suspension of disbelief in this episode, and I no longer care to watch. 

Edited by Glade
  • Love 3

Lori is so cuckoo. "I was donor number 3526!" "In the eyes of human beings I have rights!"- Okay crazy lady. Jesus.

Love Max. And Max and Grant. And Max and Taylor back together. And Max's hair, even if it was off its lustrous locks game this episode.

• Love 3

Max's hair lives! Why didn't they let it loose?

So I still find myself waiting for the revelation that Carter is Lori's but Taylor isn't, but was Grant via donor egg as well?

This is exactly what I think is going to happen, Elizabeth had the egg (Carter) implanted and one of her eggs (Taylor) happened to get fertilized at the same time, so they aren't really twins. I can't think of any other reason why one mother would be a brunette & one blonde, and one daughter a brunette, & one is blonde. They might as well put mother/daughter arrows between the two pairs. 

• Love 3

"It is a compelling premise and could be much better if they didn't turn it into a teenage romp with ineffective parents."

Word: BUT I would be fine with it being JUST a teen romp with ineffective parents, if it didn't try to be a family dramedy sometimes featuring those same ineffective parents. If that makes sense. They get enough little moments right, I could let some big unrealistic stuff go, but...not all of it.

• Love 4
(edited)

Max's hair lives! Why didn't they let it loose?

This is exactly what I think is going to happen, Elizabeth had the egg (Carter) implanted and one of her eggs (Taylor) happened to get fertilized at the same time, so they aren't really twins. I can't think of any other reason why one mother would be a brunette & one blonde, and one daughter a brunette, & one is blonde. They might as well put mother/daughter arrows between the two pairs. 

Taylor didn't actually look very blonde as a toddler, so she may color her hair.  I actually thought the girls looked quite a bit alike at the time of the kidnapping.  It's not unusual for a dark haired, dark eyed woman to give birth to a blue eyed blonde.  Also, David has dark hair but he may have been blonde as a child, and his eyes are more green/hazel.   What I want to know is if Grant is also from a donor egg because he actually looks very similar to Carter.  

I also figured out that donor eggs were used, but I can't figure out what else Lori is holding back about David.  I suppose it's possible two donors were used and the girls are from two different mothers.  I still think of them as twins because they were carried in the same womb for nine months.  Nothing can change that.  

In the previews I get the impression that Carter begins to sympathize again with Lori somewhat.  I can see that happening since she does know that Lori is her biological mother.  I can't believe they are bringing back Crash!!!!  He must be a hit with the teens because I see no use for him whatsoever in any plot.  

Edited by Sammich63

It felt like there was a shift in direction/leadership for the show's wriitng to me. Like someone suddenly got online and saw things people were complaining about and tried to resolve them quickly. Which is why the Max/Taylor breakup was reversed in a few seconds (though Max still seems uncomfortable...maybe? I couldn't figure out the conversation with Taylor where she seemed disappointed he was sleeping downstairs because, yeah...were they really going to be okay with him sleeping upstairs with Taylor?! Was he declining out of a sense of decorum or is he still really not that into her anymore/angry with her hovering?) I also found the Lori's the egg donor to be a lame motive/reasoning behind it all, even if she did have some kind of affair with David and he presumably told her he'd let her keep the girls/was complicit in the kidnapping. I also wish they'd explored more the idea that she took Carter but left Taylor as a consolation prize. Wouldn't Taylor feel like shit about that in a way? And count me in on agreeing about the brunettes/blondes two teams theory. It all felt a little like backpedaling a bit to me? Although it's not like things were so well written before. Eh. I don't know.

Regardless, though I'm glad they're back. I like this wacky ragtag nonsensical bunch.

Oh yeah, and not pleased at all that Crash is coming back. Blegh.

• Love 2
(edited)

I still think of them as twins because they were carried in the same womb for nine months.  Nothing can change that.  

Yeah, even if there were different egg donors (or one donor and one was actually Elizabeth's egg), they're still twins.

I feel like this show is treating egg donation as if it's similar to surrogacy or adoption. It's not. Those are not Lori's children, biologically or legally or technically or anything.

Ugh, Crash? Seriously?

I'm glad the showrunners understand the value of Max.

Edited by gesundheit
  • Love 3
I also figured out that donor eggs were used, but I can't figure out what else Lori is holding back about David.  I suppose it's possible two donors were used and the girls are from two different mothers.  I still think of them as twins because they were carried in the same womb for nine months.  Nothing can change that.

Based on the quality of the 'secrets' on this show it is probably they had an affair. 

• Love 2

Wait. So did Elizabeth's egg factory magically start working for her second pregnancy? Or is there some other revelation that some other egg-donating nut is out there waiting to kidnap their son when she gets around to it?

I created an account for this...

My theory is that Lori contacted David about getting to see the girls, and David, overwhelmed with 2 babies, and the financial burden that comes along with that, made some kind of deal to let Lori have one of them.

• Love 4

I definitely prefer Carter away from her obnoxious friends (not including Max here).  Not happy that that the show brought those three back (I don't even remember their names).  It was very smart thinking  during the Lori/Elizabeth scuffle for Carter to run away with the gun, remove the clip, and toss the weapon.   People on TV never do intelligent things like that!

• Love 3
Hate Crash. I cannot believe they are dragging that piece of trash back. And I also cannot believe that they are letting him free after everything he did but that is the fantasy world this show lives in so why not?

He's such a flight risk! Even assuming he were out on bail, why would they let him out?! Although credit to the actor, because he's selling Crash as someone who doesn't mean to keep making terrible life choices. But he shot Max, so GTFO.

• Love 1

I loved that Max and Taylor's breakup lasted all of 5 minutes, but the reunion felt so rushed that I was taken out of it. I kept thinking it was the writers fixing what they perceived as a mistake, and not the characters actually acting in an organic way.

But if it means more Max then I'm all for it.

I was also surprised that they resolved the abducted storyline in one episode, I was expecting them to drag it for a while.

The best part was the sisters bonding. More of that please.

Wait. So did Elizabeth's egg factory magically start working for her second pregnancy? Or is there some other revelation that some other egg-donating nut is out there waiting to kidnap their son when she gets around to it?

This is a good question, Either Lori is the mother of 3, or I'm right & Taylor really is Elizabeth's kid & so is Grant.

This is a good question, Either Lori is the mother of 3, or I'm right & Taylor really is Elizabeth's kid & so is Grant.

I don't know if those are the ONLY options, but if there's a third explanation they really need to make sure it makes even vague medical and logical sense.

Also, it would be nice if it doesn't sacrifice Elizabeth to the altar of making Lori not a villain.  If Scummy Dad has somehow been sinning against both sides, that's fine, but Elizabeth needs to be innocent in all of this for this show to have even a leg to stand on at the end.

• Love 3

So I guess they're just glossing over the fact that last season Elizabeth's husband (can't think of his name) said they basically only got married because she was pregnant?

I was so glad that they fixed the Max/Taylor breakup within the first 5 minutes.

I think they fixed it only to create more drama later, but they're the OTP of the show for sure so if it means more brooding looks and tension, I'm all for a little Max/Taylor drama, I have no doubt they're the end game.

So I guess they're just glossing over the fact that last season Elizabeth's husband (can't think of his name) said they basically only got married because she was pregnant?

Slimy Dad/Shady Dad/Scummy Dad--people here and on TWoP always seemed to bounce between all of those.

Or "David".  Boring, I know.

• Love 1

It's possible that they didn't get married before she was pregnant, and still did the egg donation before they were married.  

I never thought of the egg donor story, but from the start, I didn't think them casting Carter to look more like Laurie was a mistake.  I am kind of surprised about Taylor also being Lauries, unless she really is Elizabeth's.   

Andyourlittledog2, I also think that David was having an affair with Laurie, maybe even didn't know she was the egg donor, and maybe had her take one Carter so he could write the book, but then was supposed return her. 

• Love 1

Does anyone know the science of the egg donation? It's DEFINITELY not literally a single egg, right? Because if there's any way Taylor is Lori's it couldn't be, since the girls are not identical twins (which they would be if it was a single fertilized egg splitting--I know that much at the very least). Ergo, it's multiple fertilized eggs and both managing to stay viable, giving fraternal twins, yes?

• Love 2

Crap, I forgot about that, now it's going to bother me that they're changing a big plot point. What else are they going to backpedal on?

It's possible that they didn't get married before she was pregnant, and still did the egg donation before they were married.  

I never thought of the egg donor story, but from the start, I didn't think them casting Carter to look more like Laurie was a mistake.  I am kind of surprised about Taylor also being Lauries, unless she really is Elizabeth's.   

Andyourlittledog2, I also think that David was having an affair with Laurie, maybe even didn't know she was the egg donor, and maybe had her take one Carter so he could write the book, but then was supposed return her. 

I'm sure that's where they'll go with it, but it's hard for me to wrap my head around a couple going through all the troubles of infertility and IVF before getting married. Just not very typical of the process.

I agree they'll go with the affair route and David allowed Lori to take one of the girls so he could write a book

I just happened to catch the beginning of this show again, & I forgot all about the fact that Lori was talking to someone on the phone telling them that Carter was fine. Who was she talking to? Was it David?

I just happened to catch the beginning of this show again, & I forgot all about the fact that Lori was talking to someone on the phone telling them that Carter was fine. Who was she talking to? Was it David?

That's what I was wondering. I kind of thought it might be David. I'm not sure who else it would be.  Maybe Cash?  They showed him in the previews maybe Laurie somehow met up with him. 

Okay, now that the truth is out,I can share what I was speculating. I was thinking that David had an affair (or at least a hookup) with Lori, and ended up having two women pregnant at the same time, one his wife, the other not. Maybe Lori offered up her baby to the couple because she didn't want to be a single mother without David, but watched them become a family, got jealous, and took her baby back three years later. It can't be purely a coincidence that Taylor is the image of Elizabeth, while Carter is the image of Lori, can it?

I agree with the poster upthread who believes that this wrap up of the mystery wasn't where the writers were originally going. And now, thanks to Lori's last-minute twist, it seems that we're in for a few more revelations. Allrighty, let's see what's next.

By the way, why do we all love Max so much? And his hair? I look for that kid in every episode! He's just adorable!

Does anyone know the science of the egg donation? It's DEFINITELY not literally a single egg, right? Because if there's any way Taylor is Lori's it couldn't be, since the girls are not identical twins (which they would be if it was a single fertilized egg splitting--I know that much at the very least). Ergo, it's multiple fertilized eggs and both managing to stay viable, giving fraternal twins, yes?

Kromm, I looked this up because I was curious.  They extract and fertilize several eggs to ensure a better possibility of implantation. Because they implant several eggs at a time it does increase the possibility of multiples. So yes, multiple fertilized eggs and fraternal twins. 

By the way, why do we all love Max so much? And his hair? I look for that kid in every episode! He's just adorable!

I confess I love Max because I was more like Taylor in high school and I like seeing a girl who was more like me (bookish, kind of quiet, a "good girl") get the guy when usually media representation of that girl means she has had to change things about herself to get the guy. 

Okay, now that the truth is out,I can share what I was speculating. I was thinking that David had an affair (or at least a hookup) with Lori, and ended up having two women pregnant at the same time, one his wife, the other not. Maybe Lori offered up her baby to the couple because she didn't want to be a single mother without David, but watched them become a family, got jealous, and took her baby back three years later. It can't be purely a coincidence that Taylor is the image of Elizabeth, while Carter is the image of Lori, can it?

I agree with the poster upthread who believes that this wrap up of the mystery wasn't where the writers were originally going. And now, thanks to Lori's last-minute twist, it seems that we're in for a few more revelations. Allrighty, let's see what's next.

If you see pictures of fraternal twins, you can see many times two people who look vastly different. I knew fraternal twin sisters who were vastly different in coloring and in height.  It's possible for Elizabeth and Lori to each have eggs fertilized, but highly doubtful.  It's expensive to go through IVF, so my guess is that Elizabeth didn't have any viable eggs to fertilize at that point in time.  I guess we'll learn more if we find out how Grant was actually conceived.  

Count me in as being happy to have Max back.  I think he is just adorable!!!  

(edited)

I guess we'll learn more if we find out how Grant was actually conceived.  

I was going to joke that maybe Grant is adopted, except that there's no way Taylor wouldn't have been old enough at that point to remember whether or not Elizabeth was actually pregnant or not.

If you see pictures of fraternal twins, you can see many times two people who look vastly different. I knew fraternal twin sisters who were vastly different in coloring and in height.  

As for fraternal twins, I may not have known the specifics on egg donation, but I know my fraternal twins and what they are like. Like you I knew a pair (both girls) very well, and really the rules are the same as for any other sisters.  They may barely look alike at all. The ones I knew, one sister was a good half foot or so taller than the other, for example, they were both blond but with wildly different shades, had the same colored eyes, but faces that were only moderately similar.  Again, like any sisters anywhere.

Edited by Kromm

As for fraternal twins, I may not have known the specifics on egg donation, but I know my fraternal twins and what they are like. Like you I knew a pair (both girls) very well, and really the rules are the same as for any other sisters.  They may barely look alike at all. The ones I knew, one sister was a good half foot or so taller than the other, for example, they were both blond but with wildly different shades, had the same colored eyes, but faces that were only moderately similar.  Again, like any sisters anywhere.

Or like these biracial twins

Was that DAVID who ran Crazy Lori to ground after she took out the armed police officer with a coffee cup and got into a WWF slugfest with Elizabeth?!?  Hahahahaha

This show is nuts.  As long as they have scenes like The Diner Booth of Emotion or the whole family debating which members are going to go confront the kidnapper felon, I'm in. 

Oh, wait, I just remembered:   "Maybe law enforcement should have more moms."  Right!  Because when investigations are run by overwrought victims, everyone's a winner.

• Love 2
(edited)

The first order of business in this screwed up mess should be DNA testing for all involved. Who is the baby daddy? Who is the eggy mommy? I am not all convinced by the stories being told. I want to know for sure.

Carter looks and acts like Lori

Weird blond sister looks and acts like Lizzie

Yes, they are supposed to be "twins", but twins get made from different eggs all the time.

Little brother is a mystery child. Did Lizzie's egg facotry get re-enabled at some point? Or is he also the product of AI

Three kids, three mysteries, no convincing details.

The second order of business for Carter and sibs should be "emancipated". All of the adults involved are completely messed up, including the grandies. I recommend running as far and as fast as possible from the adults.

The second order of business for Carter and sibs should be "emancipated". All of the adults involved are completely messed up, including the grandies. I recommend running as far and as fast as possible from the adults.

Edited by maraleia
(edited)

For those wondering about Elizabeth's sudden fertility, it's not that unlikely.  I have a friend who tried for YEARS to get pregnant including fertility treatments which failed and finally adopted.  Then she found out she was pregnant 6 months after bringing her adopted daughter home and then got pregnant again a two years after that.  She now has three daughters, one adopted and two biological.  Neither bio daughter was through any kind of fertility intervention or even planned.

Edited by RachelKM