Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Back To School

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

And I get that but combined with all their previous comments and the last episode of Tyler mentioned how he had hoped they could do a nice spread to announce the pregnancy, it didn't sit well with me. I probably wouldn't have been bothered if they phrased it differently, such as similar to verbiage of what you said of wanting those who couldn't attend to hear it from you specifically.

I guess they don't see the irony in them telling their friends the same thing Brandon and Theresa tell them about posting things publicly.

I hope Brandon and Theresa smack them down next week.

• Love 8

One thing I wondered.... where is Amber's cousin(?) getting all these fancy cars??  First she had a nice red sports car and then she had a fancy new cadillac. 

I thought the Caddillac was Amber's.  I was wondering why the cousin was driving her car.

I thought the Caddillac was Amber's.  I was wondering why the cousin was driving her car.

I'd love to know how a 'former' drug addict, who spent time in prison, came out of prison with enough money to afford, not only a Cadillac, but a HUGE home, without a JOB? Her book couldn't have sold THAT well, could it?

• Love 4

The winner of the episode is her ex husband for not letting their child appear on film.

This cannot be said enough. Thanks ivgotspirit02 for saying it first.

• Love 4

Gary is absolutely disgusting to look at. His girlfriend looks normal.  What does she see in him?  And before anyone tells me there is more than just physical appearance, I'm sorry but I can't get past how absolutely hideous he is.  He looks like a fat lego man.

• Love 5

Gary is absolutely disgusting to look at. His girlfriend looks normal.  What does she see in him?  And before anyone tells me there is more than just physical appearance, I'm sorry but I can't get past how absolutely hideous he is.  He looks like a fat lego man.

Even setting looks aside, I can't see what is so enchanting about Gary's personality.  He doesn't seem particularly smart or funny. My best guess is that Kristina is attracted to him because he's a good dad.  Despite all his faults, Gary seems to have done a good job so far as Leah's primary caregiver.  Leah is a happy, smart little girl.  I can see why that would be appealing to a young single mom with a daughter around Leah's age.

ETA: I don't mean to imply that all single moms are desperate to hook up with the first decent dad they come across.  It just might help explain how Kristina sees past Gary's otherwise skeevy self.

Edited by AnythingCanBe
I just didn't like Tyler micro-managing her weight. It just gave me an uncomfortable feeling. It's the same feeling I had during their "Being.." special when Catelynn called Tyler out on the wedding thing and then he said something like, "changes still need to be made" and Caitlynn rightly called him out on the fact that she was making changes and doing things he asked her to do but he wasn't. It just feels like Tyler tells her what they are doing and she just goes along with it.

Exactly. Just like last week when he immediately said the pregnancy news meant that he would get his degree while she does the SAHM thing, and then she can go when the kid is in school. Like, no input from her whatsoever. He's not an overly intimidating or domineering kind of guy, but Catelynn is just SO insecure and dependent on him that it must be pretty easy for him to control her. 

He is disgusting. It can't even ne said that he's got a good personality. He's gross in every single way.

Right. It's not just his looks (which, personally he repulses me), but he is so immature, so gamey, inappropriate, and oddly full of himself. I just can't with Gary. Ever.

• Love 2

I first want to comment how glad I am that this show is airing the fourth wall. We needed to have that wall knocked down.

Is it mandatory that each cast member buy a new car for the new season?

I am sick of Gary flirting with Amber, knowing full well she wishes they were back together.

I am also sick of Amber laying around doing absolutely nothing. It is no wonder her mind is stuck on Gary and her former family. Her mind is not occupied. She needs to get herself in school, work, or some volunteer work. This is why MTV needs to stop paying these people. How much you want to bet if the money were not doled out, they wouldn't bother doing the show? Pay the kids through a trust fund and stop funding this foolishness.

Taylor, you are an ass. Wait until your baby girl grows up and watches that footage of you making that sour puss face as it was revealed you were having a girl instead of the boy you so desired. Tough shit you big shit. Life hands you whatever it hands you. Be thankful you ungrateful ass.

• Love 6

I imagine that when Gary is ready for lovin', he bellows forth his not-yet-trademarked catchphrase: "It's Gary Time!" He had a shirt imprinted with the phrase, but the Belden Lineman shirt got more airtime.

• Love 5

I imagine that when Gary is ready for lovin', he bellows forth his not-yet-trademarked catchphrase: "It's Gary Time!" He had a shirt imprinted with the phrase, but the Belden Lineman shirt got more airtime.

I'm holding you responsible for the fact that I just got sick... YUCK!

• Love 2

Its funny you mention "Gary time". I'm reading the Teen Mom Confidential book (don't judge me! It was free!) and the chapter I'm reading now is called Its Gary Time.

According to the book, he's actually a really good guy.

Edit: I'm reading an interview with Butch now. He has 2 brothers. The 3 boys names are Daryl, Darl and Dale.

I never knew Catelynn and Tyler were arrested for possession of weed a week after Carly was born.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

Tyler is such a douche.  I enjoyed watching him be disappointed finding out it was a girl.

I think he was mostly disappointed it was one thing he couldn't make Catelynn take responsibility for.

Posting your pregnancy announcement on Instagram then counting the likes should disqualify you from having children.

Not knowing that you as the father determines the sex, until your mom enlightens you, AFTER your second pregnancy should disqualify you from having children.

Amber needs to grow the f*ck up.  There is NO reason she couldn't walk her daughter into the school because Kristina was there. I'm glad Leah wanted Amber want to meet her.

Amber hasn't changed at all. The second something doesn't go her way she hulks out and flies off the handle and can't control herself.

That was definitely some bullshit; if I were in jail and away from my kid that long, and lamenting constantly about the missed moments, I would never let some nonsense about some girl stop me from experiencing something that significant. So you could deal with bars, guards, restrictions, open showers, supervised every damned thing - but you couldn't ignore old girl for the minute it took to cross paths and take your baby up the steps to her class? Girl, bye. Nobody ruined your whole day but YOU.

Although, I honestly don't know what Farrah's problem with Amber is, I feel like I've only read/heard negative reactions from Maci and Catelynn regarding Farrah. Not so much from Amber. But I don't know..

I wish I didn't know, but Farrah tweeted some comment about Amber not having her daughter on the book. Amber returned fire, and there you go. I feel so dirty.

This cannot be said enough. Thanks ivgotspirit02 for saying it first.

Better late than never. But then, maybe the ex didn't know what his daughter being on the show would be like the first time.

• Love 5

That was definitely some bullshit; if I were in jail and away from my kid that long, and lamenting constantly about the missed moments, I would never let some nonsense about some girl stop me from experiencing something that significant. So you could deal with bars, guards, restrictions, open showers, supervised every damned thing - but you couldn't ignore old girl for the minute it took to cross paths and take your baby up the steps to her class? Girl, bye. Nobody ruined your whole day but YOU.

Completely agree!  The part that drove me the most crazy was partly in the show itself but mostly in the after show. All about how she missed "the first day," the "first moment" was taken from her, etc.  Does she even realize it was her CHILD'S first day at school and not hers?  I understand some people get emotional about things like that because I know I'd be crying too, but it drove me crazy how it was all about her.

• Love 5

Its funny you mention "Gary time". I'm reading the Teen Mom Confidential book (don't judge me! It was free!) and the chapter I'm reading now is called Its Gary Time.

According to the book, he's actually a really good guy.

Edit: I'm reading an interview with Butch now. He has 2 brothers. The 3 boys names are Daryl, Darl and Dale.

I never knew Catelynn and Tyler were arrested for possession of weed a week after Carly was born.

Good scoop!

Damn Butch, you made me cry! I loved the card and the letter, and cracked up at the Farrah dig. Addiction really sucks.

I didn't see a problem with Tyler being disappointed in the baby being a girl. It's not like he is sad after the baby was born! It's not what you pictured, and that's ok, as long as you get over it. I bet it also was tied into him not wanting to "replace" Carly.

Just not a Maci fan, so trying to not let that color me, but expecting Ryan to take off work was ridiculous. Is this a new thing? I clearly remember my first day of school-my Mom snapped a photo of me getting on the bus and that was it. She wouldn't have expected my Dad to cancel a work trip. Is this a symptom the new every kid gets a trophy world?

• Love 4

I'd love to know how a 'former' drug addict, who spent time in prison, came out of prison with enough money to afford, not only a Cadillac, but a HUGE home, without a JOB? Her book couldn't have sold THAT well, could it?

If I am not mistaken she earned it on the show.

Was there ever any beef between Gary's new GF (what is her name?) and Amber? Any Twitter beef or fight? Or is this just some bullshit Kailyn type beef where she's just angry she doesn't have Jabba laying on top of her anymore?

• Love 3
(edited)

Good scoop!

Damn Butch, you made me cry! I loved the card and the letter, and cracked up at the Farrah dig. Addiction really sucks.

I didn't see a problem with Tyler being disappointed in the baby being a girl. It's not like he is sad after the baby was born! It's not what you pictured, and that's ok, as long as you get over it. I bet it also was tied into him not wanting to "replace" Carly.

Just not a Maci fan, so trying to not let that color me, but expecting Ryan to take off work was ridiculous. Is this a new thing? I clearly remember my first day of school-my Mom snapped a photo of me getting on the bus and that was it. She wouldn't have expected my Dad to cancel a work trip. Is this a symptom the new every kid gets a trophy world?

I hadn't even thought about that with Tyler, but you could be right there about him not wanting to "replace" Carly. In that situation it'd be easier to move forward with a boy because it wouldn't be his "replacement" daughter. I still can't stand him, and feel bad for that kid having to see the video later, but it does make sense.

About the first day of school thing, I'm in my early 40s and everyone I know with kids has made a big deal about their kid's first day of school. I don't know if it just happens to be the social group I'm in, regional, or what, but it's pretty much expected that the Mom (at least) will totally lose it crying on the kid's first day. I think you only get a yellow ribbon if you don't leave the parking lot crying (kidding - mostly). I've known teachers who joke about how the parents freak and the kids are fine a few minutes later.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 2
(edited)

SHUT.UP.  That is fantastic.    

I totally agree.  Tyler has his faults, but I am an ultrasound tech and there are very, very, very few people who aren't hoping for the gender to go one way or the other.  There's nothing wrong with hoping for a girl or hoping for a boy.  And if a child grows up being "damaged" by the fact that their parent was hoping for a child of the opposite gender during pregnancy, then they're pretty darn fragile.  

It's not like he started swearing and drove off speeding in a big huff.  It wasn't a secret that he wanted a boy, and it wasn't a secret that Cate wanted a girl.  So yes he was disappointed, but he had a smirk on his face and was laughing about it afterwards.  It's obvious he is excited about their baby and the little girl will be just fine when she watches the episode someday.  It was no big deal.  

My mother had 2 girls, then 4 boys, then a girl.  We all joke around with the 4th boy that she wanted to leave him at the hospital when he was another boy after 3 in a row.  He thinks it's hilarious.  People have to lighten up and be real.  I'd rather listen to Tyler's honestly about wishing for a boy rather than watch them spout the party line of "We don't have a preference, we're so blessed" blah blah blah.     

Edited by bren70
  • Love 3

I'm in my early 40s and everyone I know with kids has made a big deal about their kid's first day of school. I don't know if it just happens to be the social group I'm in, regional, or what, but it's pretty much expected that the Mom (at least) will totally lose it crying on the kid's first day. I think you only get a yellow ribbon if you don't leave the parking lot crying (kidding - mostly). I've known teachers who joke about how the parents freak and the kids are fine a few minutes later.

Oh I agree it's a big deal, and will cry when I drop my kids off their first day. I just don't get the Dad didn't take the day off, so the kid is damaged angle.

• Love 6

Did anyone watch the aftershow? I only saw the last few seconds and the host thanked Farrah for appearing, but she wasn't on stage with the others and they showed her flouncing around backstage, apparently. Now I'm curious what that was about.

They did separate segments.  First Amber/Cate/Maci, then Farrah by herself, then Amber/Cate/Maci again.  When the girls were first out there and Farrah was backstage listening, the host asked Catelynn about the Couples Therapy finale and the argument-then-makeup on it, between her and Farrah.  So Cate answered the question (was a tad rude but nothing major...she said Farrah started it and they ended it) and then they showed Farrah backstage saying that she's glad to see Catelynn is still in denial and still white trash.  Which had absolutely nothing to do with what the host OR Catelynn were talking about, but whatever...that's Farrah. Nothing she says fits in with what the conversation is about.  It's so bizarre.        

Anyway, yes there was tension when all 4 were backstage...the 3 girls were going in while Farrah was coming out and she just looked away as they walked by.  It was super awkward.  

• Love 2

I cried. Followed that damn bus, too. It was a rough day. That was for my older boys.

My youngest was the worst. Hours, I spent hours standing in the corner and following behind the back of the line. I even had to threaten to leave if he didn't get with the program. (I wouldn't have left. I would have sat in my truck and bawled my eyes out of their sockets in the parking lot, though)

No Dad in sight on any of those days. And no son was damaged. Embarrassed at their crazy, emotional mother maybe, but not damaged.

• Love 3
(edited)

Does Butch introduce them as "my brother Daryl, and my other brother Darl?"

Butch is Darl. Dale died when he was younger. The funny thing is that Daryl is actually named William Daryl but they called him Daryl.

The book wasn't bad. It was repetitive as hell but I learned a few things I didn't know.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

Oh I agree it's a big deal, and will cry when I drop my kids off their first day. I just don't get the Dad didn't take the day off, so the kid is damaged angle.

I hate having to defend Maci, but I think a lot of her anger comes from the fact that Ryan doesn't seem to care about anything. I'm still disturbed about the restaurant scene; his son was sitting there and Ryan said not two words to him, didn't greet him with a hug when he came in and had to be told to hug him when he left. I understand not being able to get off work, but Ryan just didn't seem to care one way or the other, he pretty much admitted that he doesn't if Bentley doesn't feel like his father's home isn't his real home.

I just didn't like Tyler micro-managing her weight. It just gave me an uncomfortable feeling. It's the same feeling I had during their "Being.." special when Catelynn called Tyler out on the wedding thing and then he said something like, "changes still need to be made" and Caitlynn rightly called him out on the fact that she was making changes and doing things he asked her to do but he wasn't. It just feels like Tyler tells her what they are doing and she just goes along with it.

As for the aftershow, I don't know. Since all four kind of annoy me. Although, I honestly don't know what Farrah's problem with Amber is, I feel like I've only read/heard negative reactions from Maci and Catelynn regarding Farrah. Not so much from Amber. But I don't know.. I think Maci is just more upset that MTV probably felt the other girls were boring and they needed Farrah and I bet that just made Maci upset. I still don't honestly Maci's response that she doesn't want Farrah around Bentley. Farrah probably won't be around Bentley, ever. So, I don't know. I just think Maci is upset and offended MTV felt the need to bring her back as in, the rest of us aren't enough for this show kind of deal. I think honestly Maci has always felt she's the star or something- I think her "Being" special was the very first one aired and I think it was meant to be a pilot sort of spin off for her that went..nowhere.

Wasn't Maci supposed to get her own show

I hate having to defend Maci, but I think a lot of her anger comes from the fact that Ryan doesn't seem to care about anything. I'm still disturbed about the restaurant scene; his son was sitting there and Ryan said not two words to him, didn't greet him with a hug when he came in and had to be told to hug him when he left. I understand not being able to get off work, but Ryan just didn't seem to care one way or the other, he pretty much admitted that he doesn't if Bentley doesn't feel like his father's home isn't his real home.

Teen mom is an awesome show to watch with your own teens. See kids this is what happens when you reproduce with a douche bag, you're stuck with him for life

• Love 2

Part of me wants to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt and consider that his IDGAF attitude is just a defense mechanism.  In the restaurant scene, I though maybe Ryan actually was hurt by Bentley's statement but didn't feel comfortable expressing it, so he brushed it off and stormed out instead.  Jen and Larry's reactions made me think that I'm giving Ryan too much credit though and that he doesn't have some secret sensitive soul.  When even your doting parents think you're an ass, you're probably just an ass.

• Love 8
About the first day of school thing, I'm in my early 40s and everyone I know with kids has made a big deal about their kid's first day of school. I don't know if it just happens to be the social group I'm in, regional, or what, but it's pretty much expected that the Mom (at least) will totally lose it crying on the kid's first day. I think you only get a yellow ribbon if you don't leave the parking lot crying (kidding - mostly). I've known teachers who joke about how the parents freak and the kids are fine a few minutes later.

We homeschool, so this is one experience I can't really relate to. But I remember the first time I sent my oldest to a day camp at the zoo - I cried. It wasn't so much about missing him (being with them all day every day means it takes a LOT for me to miss my kids, heh), but being proud of him.  I am weird and cry about all kinds of things. But I would think it's pretty commonplace for parents to get a bit teary about this milestone. Taking a whole day off for it seems silly, though. 

Agreed. I don't care if Ryan couldn't go, but he didn't even acknowledge that Bentley was having a big day the next day. He could have given him a big hug and said something like, "Have a great first day of school, son. Call me and tell me all about it. I'm so proud of you". Instead he's all, "Fine. Whatever. I'm out". He's a piece of shit. 

• Love 4

I don't care if Ryan couldn't go, but he didn't even acknowledge that Bentley was having a big day the next day. He could have given him a big hug and said something like, "Have a great first day of school, son. Call me and tell me all about it. I'm so proud of you". Instead he's all, "Fine. Whatever. I'm out". He's a piece of shit.

bren70 likes this

Yes this is the issue...it's not that Ryan had to work it's that he didn't seem to care or to treat it as anything special.

I absolutely cried this past September when I dropped my daughter off at Kindergarten.  I was so happy for her, it was a real milestone so it was emotional. 

Amber-Amber needs to be going to AA/NA meetings and making strides to get her life back beyond Leah.  Yes being a parent is important but being a good parent means being a mentally healthy person. 

• Love 1

There are ways to live sober without NA/AA. Many people recover without the 12 steps. I don't know if Amber is using any type of ongoing support though and that's the key point we agree on. I do think Amber wants a family but as a child, not really a mother. She wants to be doted on and cared for and doesn't seem keen on doing those actions. She is correct that Leah is better off with Gary and Kristen.

• Love 6
Amber-Amber needs to be going to AA/NA meetings and making strides to get her life back beyond Leah.  Yes being a parent is important but being a good parent means being a mentally healthy person.

I really wish the show would address what, if anything, Amber is doing to stay on the straight and narrow post-prison. So far, all we've heard is that she has cut certain people out of her life that are "bad" for her. Which, IMO, sounds more like Amber shunning people who don't kiss her ass. But, in reality, she SHOULD be in NA, she should be in therapy/anger management, and she should probably be working a part time job at the least. She needs something of value to give her confidence in herself and keep her occupied. These aimless days where she sits around and focuses on not having Gary, not having Leah, etc. are going to send her right back down a bad path. 

• Love 2

I was totally not the mom who put her daughter on the bus her first day of kindergarten... And then followed the bus to the school. In my defense, the school was all of a mile down the road, and on my way to work. I didn't take any time of from work, but I can relate to feeling it's a big moment. It's about them growing up, and away from us, IMO.

• Love 2

I really wish the show would address what, if anything, Amber is doing to stay on the straight and narrow post-prison. So far, all we've heard is that she has cut certain people out of her life that are "bad" for her. Which, IMO, sounds more like Amber shunning people who don't kiss her ass. But, in reality, she SHOULD be in NA, she should be in therapy/anger management, and she should probably be working a part time job at the least. She needs something of value to give her confidence in herself and keep her occupied. These aimless days where she sits around and focuses on not having Gary, not having Leah, etc. are going to send her right back down a bad path.

NA tells you to remove anyone from your past that leads to using or triggers.

• Love 1
NA tells you to remove anyone from your past that leads to using or triggers.

Then she REALLY shouldn't be hanging out with Gary. 

Seriously, though, the problem with Amber is that it is VERY easy to trigger her. She becomes defensive quite easily. That's why I think it would behoove her to be involved in some sort of therapy or anger management....something ongoing to help her learn to deal with those triggers when they do come up. 

• Love 6

I've tried to give Ryan a 1% benefit of the doubt in the past but this episode just made it glaringly obvious this it's not just a bad edit, he really its a jackass. His parents used to bend over backwards to cover his ass on TM and now even his dad was literally shaking mad over his attitude. Maci may be a little high and mighty sometimes but there's no doubt in my mind that she's genuinely worried about how Bentley will be affected by Ryan's seeming lack of interest.

I can't stand almost everything about Tyler, but I'll be damned if my heart didn't break a little when he said Butch had missed 20 birthdays. He was only 22 at the time. 

Amber is a recently released convicted felon with a GED in a state with a fairly high unemployment rate. Unless she gets hooked up with some kind of workforce re-entry program (if they even exist in Indiana) she probably had a hell of a time getting an interview, never mind a job. Even a lot of volunteer organizations won't accept former felons.

Fortunately, she starts school this month according to her Twitter so I hope that works out for her.

I'm not surprised she could afford that house and car though. Her money's been sitting untouched and hopefully earning interest while she was in jail. Landlords are willing to overlook a lot if you can put a big deposit down.

• Love 2

So much of what I feel has already been said.  I just wanted to chime in on some things.  

Maybe it is Bentley's age or that I like Bentley but I find Maci interesting for that reason alone.  I can relate to some of what she feels because my son is pretty close in age so it makes it interesting for me.  Like in last episode where people were calling him out on his behavior and others chimed in and said that is what a 6 year old does--I agree--they can act bratty while they test boundaries even when they are good kids otherwise.  In this episode I related to him starting to really notice and feel how others act around him, and though I know Ryan hates the cameras I do get the feeling there is something behind all of this discussion with Maci, Ryan's mom and dad, and now even Bentley about him not being really in Bentley's life.  He seems so detached, and Bentley loves his dad, but he says those things to him because he wants him to know that he notices him not really being fully there for him. I also felt for Maci on the kindergarten thing as I know even I got a little teared up about my son going this year, and I didn't think I would.

C & T--I agree they are really showing how much of a jerk he is.  He doesn't really want to marry her, he really only wants a boy, he makes comments about her weight, the list goes on and on.  She deserves better.  April has been kind of fun this season, and it has been great to see how well Nick has done despite his troubled upbringing.  He seems like such a good kid.

Amber--I agree on all of the discussion about Gary.  I also don't get why she is just sitting around....go do something productive.  They have to tell them that in rehab--I can't imagine they say it is best to sit around by yourself bored out of your mind.  Gary thinks he is quite the stud, and he is just rather gross in my opinion.  I have to say I thought Amber looked great on the aftershow episode. So maybe that is a good sign?

Farrah--she is a mess.  So, now she is the down to earth one in her opinion?  I don't even know what to say.  And what friends does she have that she found that are to the level she described?  No clue.  

Oh, she is. By 'earth' she meant Bizarro Earth. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_World

(edited)

Those cards that Butch had someone draw were really nice. I loved his shout out to Farrah and her porn. LMAO

Call me cynical, but I believe Tyler and Catelynn scripted that insult by Butch.  The call from him wasn't just a random event that occurred when the film crew happened to be at their house one day, and I'm pretty sure they had all previously decided what was going to be said for the cameras.  Their animosity towards Farrah has been well established.

Rather than have normal conversations with occasional mumbling or talking over one another, I always see Tyler and Catelynn making one loud pronouncement after another, in a very authoritative manner.  They want to show everyone that they are Large and In Charge.  It all looks very scripted and rehearsed.  One possible exception was the discussion of Catelynn's weight gain, where it appears she did actually lose her composure.   

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 3

Farrah had been watching from backstage. She made a comment about Catelynn (?) being in denial or something equally snotty. She then had her own segment where the other girls watched backstage. Their comments were basically that Farrah wasn't making any sense. (It was a little hard to follow Farrah's answers)

Then the girls went back onstage and Farrah was asked if she wanted to watch and see what they had to say about her segment. Farrah said, "Honestly, I don't have time to care. No time to care." Farrah barely moved her jaw to form those words and hit the "t"s very hard. She was clearly pissed off.

It felt like watching an old Jerry Springer Show episode.

Part of me wants to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt and consider that his IDGAF attitude is just a defense mechanism.  In the restaurant scene, I though maybe Ryan actually was hurt by Bentley's statement but didn't feel comfortable expressing it, so he brushed it off and stormed out instead.  Jen and Larry's reactions made me think that I'm giving Ryan too much credit though and that he doesn't have some secret sensitive soul.  When even your doting parents think you're an ass, you're probably just an ass.

I feel the same way.... I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.... and I'm not sure I can still say he's a 'bad' dad, after all if he lives with his parents then he isn't actually given a chance to parent.  What's a little telling is how he was pretty demanding that Bentley needs to practice baseball and his dad told him no he doesn't, he just wants to have fun. 

But then I also wonder why Bentley's comment about Maci's house being his real home would upset him if he is indeed living with his parents.  Bentley goes there every weekend? That's like a vacation and I don't think any kid would consider that a real home. The kid probably gets incredibly spoiled over there. 

I've tried to give Ryan a 1% benefit of the doubt in the past but this episode just made it glaringly obvious this it's not just a bad edit, he really its a jackass. His parents used to bend over backwards to cover his ass on TM and now even his dad was literally shaking mad over his attitude. Maci may be a little high and mighty sometimes but there's no doubt in my mind that she's genuinely worried about how Bentley will be affected by Ryan's seeming lack of interest.

But that this point Maci's attitude is almost doing more harm than good.  She's pretty vocal about her opinions while she's around Bentley. She just needs to go with the flow and let Ryan crash and burn. He's got a good set of grand parents on that side so I think he'll be ok.

• Love 4