Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 03/30/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

That was a full-blown manic episode!   Shouting, pawing people, turning everything into a sexual innuendo! was he mainlining Red Bull?

I'll bet the network has told the producers they want MORE SPARKS!  More sparks!   My channel had "breaking news" before that segment ended, so I don't know who won.  Actually, it doesn't matter. 

• Love 2

Stacey London, who once criticized Whoop' s fashion choices, prompting Whoop to give one of her famous lectures to the camera - this same Stacy London tells Whoop she should start a fashion line??? Whoops white shirts.

Whoopi explains, (while wearing a black shirt) that she ALWAYS wears white shirts and never feels clean unless she's wearing a white shirt.

This show gives me a headache.

• Love 10

Stacey London, who once criticized Whoop' s fashion choices, prompting Whoop to give one of her famous lectures to the camera - this same Stacy London tells Whoop she should start a fashion line??? Whoops white shirts.

Whoopi explains, (while wearing a black shirt) that she ALWAYS wears white shirts and never feels clean unless she's wearing a white shirt.

I'm pretty sure  Derek Zoolander had his own clothing line modeled after Whoopie's fashion sense.  It was called DERELICT!!

• Love 2
(edited)

This show gives me a headache.

Whoopi also added that she wears those same white shirts until they are literally threadbare because they are 'special cotton" and by special she must just mean expensive because they certainly aren't tailored.  

If you haven't watched in a while and want a good example of this show turning into Whoopi's show check out the first nine minutes of today's (Friday) show where Whoopi completely dominates the topic of spring cleaning [out your closet] and spring fashion by talking about her fascinating  white shirts while not only wearing a black shirt as backformore posted but also sporting some sort of strange headgear.  She also let us know she scrubs the shower down every spring as well, lol.   And this was a taped and presumably edited show although I don't think they have ever really bothered to edit the taped shows.  I can't imagine what nonsense was actually cut if they did. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

Whoopi's back to her "annoy the poor products rep."   It's not funny.  It's not interesting...but she sure does seem happy with herself these days.  More smiling than in the past.  Heeeeeeeere's WHOOPI!

• Love 4

Whoopi is very happy formernun. She is beside herself with happiness.  Her special hard to find handkerchief  cotton shirts that she hand washes is total BULL SHIT those are men shirts.  When she was saying women of a certain age should not wear skirts up to here, may I bring it to her attention that women of a certain age should not go bra less either, at least not on television.  Why was she even included on the fashion segment with the lipstick and hair pieces so she can stick a blonde pony tail in her hair, hilarious.? 

The must see movies? Please.

Stacy in her mother of the bride cocktail dress needs to dial it down a whole bunch.

59.95 to track a plant, geez what a terrible show.

What the heck is wrong with me that I tune it to get my blood pressure to skyrocket.

• Love 11

What the heck is wrong with me that I tune it to get my blood pressure to skyrocket.

Count me in.  I went from being totally engaged and looking forward to the show when RO was there to tuning out from boredom after she left.  And now I get a full-fledged psychosomatic disorder.  Really, I tense up, I get a knot in my stomach,  and I feel as if my blood pressure is going up from all the cross talk and shrieking. Then I feel bad about myself for watching.   I can't even enjoy hate-watching it anymore.  And yet, I continue to watch.  Clearly my problem, not theirs.

• Love 4

Call your children .. They "love" you.. There are awesome facilities where you can be involved in group activities and still feel like you are a part of it all! Go get 'em! You are a vital and important part of the world!! Seek help though.. Please.. And now on to Whoopi....

• Love 1
(edited)

I must admit, I didn't watch the last two shows after reading comments here.  I'm not suffering withdrawal (as I thought I would), but slight elation as a result of not having Whoopi in my face & not having to listen to Nic-hole screaming, non-stop.  I think I'm done!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 8

Come on, Medicine Crow, we rely on you to add to the snark!  Don't quit!

Well, we'll see, but it isn't looking good.  We've still got some dyed-in-the-wool View Watchers who can keep us apprised of what we're missing.  LOL.

• Love 1

I tuned in a little over halfway through today. Just in time to see a video of someone surfing with their 9 month old.  Whoopi "Moondoggie" then said that she took her kids surfing when they were little all the time. Since she only had one kid maybe she meant her grandkids, who knows. Is there anything she hasn't done?

• Love 9
(edited)

Tuned in just now to see what's up ...  Whoopi is still yelling and that Cristella woman still has the WORST god-awful cackle of anyone ever on my tv screen.  Yell, yell, yell, cackle, cackle, cackle.  HORRID.  Click.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 4
(edited)

Just tuned in to the Espresso Yourself conversation and within 15 seconds had to hit mute because of Nicolle SCREECHING  in her highest register.  Horrible, how can they let her be so annoying day after day?!

I  think they figures out that we were al turned off by the previous "blonde Republican" who was so seriously PASSIONATE about everything, to the point of tears at times, that they wanted to "lighten"  things up by having this blonde Republican be more FUN.  

They missed the mark, because TV viewers do not appreciate the screechy laughter.  

Nicolle gets on my last nerve with prefacing everything with "As a Republican....."  or 'I'm a republican, so I...."   Who does that?   Is every thought she has based on her political leaning?   

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4

Nicolle gets on my last nerve with prefacing everything with "As a Republican....."  or 'I'm a republican, so I...."   Who does that?   Is every thought she has based on her political leaning?   

Somebody needs to inform Nicolle that It's Okay if You Are a Republican.... ;)

• Love 3

Somebody needs to inform Nicolle that It's Okay if You Are a Republican.... ;)

I think some needs to inform Nicolle that it's okay to not be a Republican.  While she may not be as rabidly shrill as Elisabeth she definitely has that air of superiority to her.

• Love 6

How about just letting her know that it's OK to have an opinion.  As yourself.  Like normal people do.  It's not necessary, or even accurate, to declare that every opinion you have needs to represent all republicans.  

It must be exhausting, though, to have to filter opinions through a political ideology.  I'm glad I can just think what I want to think, and not have to consider whether or not my views are representative of my political party, religion, gender, profession, etc.  

• Love 10

The first time I heard the Kathy Griffin interview about how she's just too nice to be on Fashion Police it bugged me. After listening to it again today, I think so much less of Kathy. I was always a fan because she's so quick and frequently said basically what I was thinking. But the statements about leaving FP was just such bullshit. Almost like it was beneath her. It was so mean! The woman who pretended to date Levi Johnson.

• Love 3

I like to read this board, because I do not watch this crapfest anymore! 

I really can't stand Whoopi,  Nicole screeching, and Rosie Perez grates on my nerves too. 

Although Rosie seems like a nice enough person, I can't stand how she talks.   She looks like she keeps her teeth clenched and barely opens her mouth.  And I feel bad saying this, but her accent is annoying.   Beyond that, I agree with her on many things, but she always acts like she is the office Latina spokesperson for EVERYTHING!  UGH!

• Love 3

Oh, I think it's old and tired - it was fine the first week or three but it is just stupid now.  I was only trying to be silly... and failed methinks.

Not at all.   I got it.   She at times, DOES seem to be apologizing for being republican. 

Nicolle says "as a republican"  bitsy says "as a mom", Sherri says "as a christian" .  It's all the same, trying to validate an opinion by aligning with a group.  Hey - it's OK to be any one of those things, or all three, or none of them.   But own your opinion, and state it as YOURS, not the groups. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I was such a faithful fan of The View, since its inception...but when Rosie O left that just about did it for me.  And, I'll absolutely be gone if Monica Lewinsky gets the gig, OMG!

Not sure where this next comment goes...so I'll share it here, and I've posted it in the retired co-hosts thread too... Anyone noticing Meredith Vieira's show segment:  'Hot Headlines'...a derivative of The View's 'Hot Topics'...? Interesting.

Edited by Musical
  • Love 5

Not sure where this next comment goes...so I'll share it here, and I've posted it in the retired co-hosts thread too... Anyone noticing Meredith Vieira's show segment:  'Hot Headlines'...a derivative of The View's 'Hot Topics'...? Interesting.

I wish that Meredith would have rejoined The View as a thoughtful, witty moderator. Although I like her, her new show bores me to tears and I rarely watch. She seems kind of uncomfortable in that setting, and the drum thumping and corny music from her band drives me crazy. I'm sure it would be a comedown for Meredith to join The View, but she would be a welcome addition for me.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 9

I doubt that Meredith would be back, although I saw a video clip of Joy, when asked if she would go back, said "I can be bought".  I DVR Meredith's show and FF through the parts I don't enjoy.  She does a great interview, if it's someone I'm interested in.

I think I am mostly done with The View, although still DVR it just in case.  

• Love 2