Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Conquer

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I'm not sure I'd want Carol performing any kind of medical procedures on me.  Rosita seemed to be taking care of Tara, maybe Pete left some medical books around and she can do a crash course and become the group's medic.  Or Eugene, he can do the diagnosing and someone else do the actual treatments.

I think what they might need more than anything is a dentist.  I keep waiting for someone to have a toothache or have a crown fall out or something.  But then I watched Cast Away a few nights ago so that's probably what made me think of it.

I don't know why but the comment about the crown falling out made me laugh. Somehow I doubt that would constitute an emergency in the ZA, but I've never lost one. Does it hurt or is it just that it's not cosmetically pleasing? 

Fact is, I would no doubt take the cowards way out early into the ZA. Hopefully after finding out about the brain deal, but I just could not. I hate camping. I have never, even as a young child, understood the point. Of course, we had a nice comfortable home with beds, toilets, showers etc., but the whole "roughing it" thing. Not for me.

As for Glen being bitten, I don't think so. They already went that route with Bob and I don't think they would try the unknown, unseen  bite again, especially not so soon. Besides, surely even Glen would have killed the douche if that had happened. 

I think it was just another example of Glen's amazing ability to survive. Just like Rick. They are invincible. Shot and then a zombie pile on, while wounded? No problem, it's Glen. 

• Love 4

My read on Father Useless and the gate is that he really did not give a shit. When Rick locked the gate, he needed to shut two doors and secure a locking bar. FPP just gave it a careless push. And that really ticks me off because his current despondent state is allegedly over the fact he let his congregation die. Spencer just told him he wanted to come see him; he is building a new congregation, he has a chance to do it right, and what does he do? He deliberately elects to ignore a safeguard that can kill an entire new group.

As for Glen, I think that like Rick, he escaped a bite. After Noah's intense send off, I would expect something much more dramatic for such a lead character...unless he was just shockingly shot in the heart by Nicholas as I thought he was. Scared the dog when I actually screamed at the tv on that one. The unseen bite is too reminiscent of Bob; been there, done that. But if he doesn't explain to Deanna what went down with that chickenshit Nick at the warehouse, I'm gonna scream.

I do think we'll have a time jump like with the prison, and in that case, there probably wouldn't be a conversation, but maybe just a lot of "yes, sir," "right away, sir", etc. from Nicholas to Glenn.

• Love 1
In fact she was becoming more resentful of people like Abraham stepping up to lead and was having serious doubts about Rick.  She chose to listen to FPP talk about devils amidst them instead of saying thank God we have someone to show us how to live in this world.

I've been stuck on this for weeks now. Deanna herself said they needed Rick and his group precisely because they had been out there, surviving, and would do things that needed to be done and help Deanna's group learn. And she even thanked Glenn for knocking down an uppity Aiden. And Rick correctly spotted and pointed out Pete's abuse of his wife, and then predicted what would come next (Pete killing his wife). And yet instead of listening, or seeking out more information from others (like Glenn's side of the story), Deanna seemed to go with a crazy-eyed FPP (who also was with Rick's group) and decide Rick was too much for the town. It made no sense. I never could identify Deanna's motive. Was she concerned she would lose power/control? That would seem to be beneath her.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 8

I'm a little disappointed that Rick and Jessie didn't knock boots.

I had a "She Schtupps to Conquer" joke ready and raring to go.....

Considering the way they have moved this great romance, I'm kind of surprised they haven't, but the writers probably thought it was important to wait a respectable amount of time. What does Emily Post say about banging the guy that just shot your husband?

I'm guessing they'll get to it in the Season Premiere.  

I've been stuck on this for weeks now. Deanna herself said they needed Rick and his group precisely because they had been out there, surviving, and would do things that needed to be done and help Deanna's group learn. And she even thanked Glenn for knocking down an uppity Aiden. And Rick correctly spotted and pointed out Pete's abuse of his wife, and then predicted what would come next (Pete killing his wife). And yet instead of listening, or seeking out more information from others (like Glenn's side of the story), Deanna seemed to go with a crazy-eyed FPP (who also was with Rick's group) and decide Rick was too much for the town. It made no sense. I never could identify Deanna's motive. Was she concerned she would lose power/control? That would seem to be beneath her.

Having seen the collective brain power of  her two offspring, I am back to thinking the CDB looked like good breeding stock.

• Love 5

Considering the way they have moved this great romance, I'm kind of surprised they haven't, but the writers probably thought it was important to wait a respectable amount of time. What does Emily Post say about banging the guy that just shot your husband?

I'm guessing they'll get to it in the Season Premiere.  

Having seen the collective brain power of  her two offspring, I am back to thinking the CDB looked like good breeding stock.

I'm still shocked that there was no interaction between Rick and Jessie before he shot Pete - not even a meaningful glance. Just the green light from Deanna and then bam!

• Love 1

It's clear FPP does not have any shits to give.  He's suicidal, thinks everyone is evil, and should be driven out.  I'm sure the gate thing was intentional on his part.  If walkers get in and kills us... so be it, it is the will of GOD.  I doubt Maggie's little prayer circle is going to provide any "transformation" to him.  He is a detriment to CDB and to the ASZers as well.  I imagine the show is building him up either get a hellava redemption arc (somewhat like Merle), or make us giddy, squealing schoolgirls when he does bite it.

I'm interested to find out who or what transformed Morgan from cray cray to centered and serene.  And did they also teach him staff skills in zombie fu?  Morgan seems to have adopted a Buddhist philosophy.  I thought back when he left offerings on the altar at FPP's church - the GooGoo cluster, a bullet and a rabbits foot.  Seemed like he left very precious and scarce items behind (the food and ammo - rabbit foot charms seem to be plentiful) and his stance on not killing made me think about it being one of the basic ethics of Buddhism.  Interestingly, he doesn't seem to see the walkers as sentient beings that are "reborn" from their human lives (nor does he have a problem with putting them down).

You mean a boy virgin or girl virgin????

There's a difference?

Recalling a distant memory, I'd say YES.;)

Thank you for the transcribe, Nashville. Again, I had a lot of difficulty understanding the dialogue, particularly that very conversation between Aaron and Daryl. Much appreciated!

The Pete story was so Liftime movie-like. .......Gabriel feels sorry for himself like he has some all season and in the end, they all pray after Gabriel nearly got them all killed? Um ok. Bleh.

I remember saying that about Pete/Jessie. I hoped there would be more to it that would take it out of the Lifetime Movie/Woman in Peril category and was disappointed when there wasn't. After putting us through that major cliche, Rick and Jessie better get together in a big way and she (to take a line from "Rome") better fuck him like Helen of Troy with her arse on fire.

Yeah the prayer session after FPP badmouths them to Deanna (which Maggie knew), rants to Sasha about how horrible she is and spends the rest of his time crying, sweating and being worse than useless? Head scratcher for sure.

I'm interested to find out who or what transformed Morgan from cray cray to centered and serene.  And did they also teach him staff skills in zombie fu?  Morgan seems to have adopted a Buddhist philosophy.  I thought back when he left offerings on the altar at FPP's church - the GooGoo cluster, a bullet and a rabbits foot.  Seemed like he left very precious and scarce items behind (the food and ammo - rabbit foot charms seem to be plentiful) and his stance on not killing made me think about it being one of the basic ethics of Buddhism.  Interestingly, he doesn't seem to see the walkers as sentient beings that are "reborn" from their human lives (nor does he have a problem with putting them down).

Sounds like he apprenticed with Kung Fu Panda.

• Love 1

I feel that most viewers were missing the importance of Aaron being with Daryl as they were saved with Morgan on that run.

Aaron was willing to die with Daryl, and he read the note about the Wolves. 

Count me in with "most viewers" then as I don't get what you're getting at here?

When they were talking in the car I felt strongly that Aaron really, almost desperately,  wants to be a part of the family. The family doesn't bail on each other so he wasn't going to bail on Daryl. Welcome to Team Rick, Aaron, you just got your admission slip stamped.

Later when Maggie was speaking at the meeting, she said they (the Alexandrians) want to be like them (CDB). I wish I had her exact words as I thought she was spot-on. It was supposed to be this group (CDB) being taken in and assimilating to the ASZ ways. Deanne even said "they are all one of us now" after the Glen/Nicholas dust-up. But the fact is, it's the Alexandrians who want to join CDB, not the other way around. 

I really like the connection between Aaron and Daryl. Ross Marquand is doing a fantastic job. To come on to a well-established show and be paired in most of your scenes with one of its most popular characters, that has to be very challenging, but I think he is really holding his own and is selling the chemistry between the two (and I mean that in a purely platonic way). Contrast that to Alexandra Breckenridge faced with the same challenge and well, I think Marquand is succeeding whereas Breckenridge is not. 

*Edited to insert the actors' names for better clarity. It originally looked as below. 

I really like the connection between Aaron and Daryl. The actor playing Aaron is doing a fantastic job. To come on to a well-established show and be paired in most of your scenes with one of its most popular characters, that has to be very challenging, but I think he is really holding his own and is selling the chemistry between the two (and I mean that in a purely platonic way). Contrast that to the actress playing Jessie faced with the same challenge and well, I think "Aaron" is succeeding whereas "Jessie" is not.
Edited by RainOnToosdays
  • Love 12

I'm still shocked that there was no interaction between Rick and Jessie before he shot Pete - not even a meaningful glance. Just the green light from Deanna and then bam!

Killing Pete wasn't about Jessie.  It was about Rick keeping the community safe from a known danger to it.

I know people keep saying that they wouldn't go the way of an unknown bite like they did Bob, because they don't do things twice on the show.  Kind of like you wouldn't think the older sage gentleman who was reasonable would meet his maker by having a katana slice into his neck.  Whoops, that was done before, wasn't it?

• Love 5

3. The food. The fact that these people just leave casseroles on the floor is mind boggling to me. It just shows how soft they are. The never had to eat dogs or worms.

Even back at the beginning of Season 2 Glenn was yelling at Maggie how could you waste an egg like that?!

Also, when Aaron was introducing himself and Darly to Morgan did anyone else say in their head "And this is my other brother Darly?" 

Then Daryl says And we'll do anything for a dollar. Anything.

Great.

I bet that's Production's plan if they get into a contract dispute with NR.

Daryl will spill his bike, NR will go down, and Gary Bussy will get up.

New levels of horror in TWD.

They could replace him with "Merle and Daryl's cousin" played by Nick Nolte's mug shot.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 3

- Carol bordering on self-parody. It's obvious that the show is in love with the idea of "Scarol," and with Hardwick cheerleading hardcore on Talking Dead, no wonder. The problem is that they are beginning to lose the character in overly aware clichespeak. The line about getting the dish back made me roll my eyes. I don't believe that's something she, or anyone in the real world, would have said. This isn't a Dirty Harry movie. The character is being boxed in and I don't like it.

I'm actually ready for Carol to die. She's awful. I don't care that she's plotting against the Alexandrians (though I think you could argue that she ultimately pushed Pete over the edge to come there with a sword). But she's lying and conspiring against CDB. Darryl wanted no part of it, but she was trying (and succeeding) in driving a wedge between Rick and the rest of the group until Michonne finally talked Rick down.

• Love 1

When they were talking in the car I felt strongly that Aaron really, almost desperately,  wants to be a part of the family. The family doesn't bail on each other so he wasn't going to bail on Daryl. Welcome to Team Rick, Aaron, you just got your admission slip stamped.

I really like the connection between Aaron and Daryl. The actor playing Aaron is doing a fantastic job. To come on to a well-established show and be paired in most of your scenes with one of its most popular characters, that has to be very challenging, but I think he is really holding his own and is selling the chemistry between the two (and I mean that in a purely platonic way). Contrast that to the actress playing Jessie faced with the same challenge and well, I think "Aaron" is succeeding whereas "Jessie" is not. 

I wouldn't go so far as to call it desperation, but I think he knows a good thing when he sees it.  Otherwise, ITA.  Welcome to Team Rick, indeed!

And to compare him with Jessie... well, Aaron has been shown to be "one of us", as it were.  He's well-intentioned, admits his mistakes, seems competent, and is just generally someone you'd want to have around.  

Jessie made an owl sculpture and closed her electric garage door.  

Edited by Bad Example
  • Love 5

I know people keep saying that they wouldn't go the way of an unknown bite like they did Bob, because they don't do things twice on the show. Kind of like you wouldn't think the older sage gentleman who was reasonable would meet his maker by having a katana slice into his neck. Whoops, that was done before, wasn't it?

They could absolutely go there. I guess the difference to me is that Bob and Reg weren't big characters like Glenn and Hershel. Hershel's death was a big moment. Reg's was kind of an afterthought. Bob got a nice enough send off, but his unknown bite was basically a setup for the tainted meat scene. When/if Glenn or any of the originals go, I expect a big death. I can't really imagine how an unknown bite would lead to that for Glenn.
  • Love 2

I wouldn't go so far as to call it desperation, but I think he knows a good thing when he sees it.  Otherwise, ITA.  Welcome to Team Rick, indeed!

And to compare him with Jessie... well, Aaron has been shown to be "one of us", as it were.  He's well-intentioned, admits his mistakes, seems competent, and is just generally someone you'd want to have around.  

Jessie made an owl sculpture and closed her electric garage door.  

She lost me with that ridiculous "would you do this for anyone or  just me?" crap, like she was 15 and asking about him holding the door open for her.  Up until then I couldn't give two flying figs about her and Rick ending up together since I don't much care for him and I don't Ship. Well, OK, maybe a little for Daryl and Aaron.    

Edited by chlban
  • Love 1

Killing Pete wasn't about Jessie.  It was about Rick keeping the community safe from a known danger to it.

I know people keep saying that they wouldn't go the way of an unknown bite like they did Bob, because they don't do things twice on the show.  Kind of like you wouldn't think the older sage gentleman who was reasonable would meet his maker by having a katana slice into his neck.  Whoops, that was done before, wasn't it?

That's like the people saying "we've already done the abused woman storyline with Carol". Oh. So it would only happen once. Okay.

That would ignore plenty of abuse against women that we have seen for all these seasons. In any catastrophe, war, civil unrest, even populations force into nomadic life by drought or hurricanes etc., women get set upon. In a world with no law or jails where even cannibalism happens, women are going to have little luck defending themselves. Not just by gangs of criminal strangers, being abused by partners, or by men they are in a group with like Grady Hospital?

I did even see posts during The Distance episode about how we'd already seen the group searching for shelter and starving...at the beginning of Season 3. If Maggie and Glenn had really been pregnant back at the prison, would that be unacceptable because we already did pregnancy and a baby?

I'm surprised there weren't complaints when Bob lost his leg, that we already had Herschel lose a leg, and Merle lose a hand.

• Love 4

That's like the people saying "we've already done the abused woman storyline with Carol". Oh. So it would only happen once. Okay.

That would ignore plenty of abuse against women that we have seen for all these seasons. In any catastrophe, war, civil unrest, even populations force into nomadic life by drought or hurricanes etc., women get set upon. In a world with no law or jails where even cannibalism happens, women are going to have little luck defending themselves. Not just by gangs of criminal strangers, being abused by partners, or by men they are in a group with like Grady Hospital?

I did even see posts during The Distance episode about how we'd already seen the group searching for shelter and starving...at the beginning of Season 3. If Maggie and Glenn had really been pregnant back at the prison, would that be unacceptable because we already did pregnancy and a baby?

I'm surprised there weren't complaints when Bob lost his leg, that we already had Herschel lose a leg, and Merle lose a hand.

Exactly. These story lines reappear because these are things that would keep occurring in the ZA. As for the "hidden bite" thing, it could certainly happen again so soon. We just hope the writers wouldn't do such a thing because Glenn should go out in a blaze of glory. Glenn fighting the walker while tied to a chair in S3 is still one of my favorite "fight" scenes, maybe one of my favorite scenes period. A hidden bite just seem so unceremonious in comparison (unless Nicholas got bit, then by all means yayyyyyyy!)

• Love 5

I really like the connection between Aaron and Daryl. Ross Marquand is doing a fantastic job. To come on to a well-established show and be paired in most of your scenes with one of its most popular characters, that has to be very challenging, but I think he is really holding his own and is selling the chemistry between the two (and I mean that in a purely platonic way). Contrast that to Alexandra Breckenridge faced with the same challenge and well, I think Marquand is succeeding whereas Breckenridge is not. 

I don't think that's quite fair to the actress, in that her's and Ross' characters are there to do very different things. Jessie is not an actual character, so much as a catalyst for the story that played out in the finale, culminating with Rick executing Pete at the behest of Deanna. All Jessie had to provide was a reasonably attractive and affable interest for Rick. The character that got Carol involved in the whole story was Sam, and not Jessie, as Sam being a kid was moree important to the direction they were taking Carol in.

Aaron is clearly being written as "one of the group", as he had more interaction with all of them and a fleshed out characterization prior to the arrival in Alexandria, and then was paired with Darryl for the duration, as well as being the one of the first to make contact with Morgan, which is the show's equivalent of witnessing the Resurrection.

Jessie is more comparable to Spencer, Aaron's lover, or the woman who wants a pasta maker.

• Love 5
Part of me wonders if Carol didn't deliberately cock and load Pete as a weapon. She knows what abusive men are like, she knows what it takes to send them over the edge into full mania. I find myself thinking she was hoping to send Pete into a blind rage for the very purpose of him going off on the community and proving their point for them (and hopefully making him very much dead in the process). 

Might Carol's actions have further agitated Pete? For sure. Did she intend to send him into a rage? I doubt it. Not because I think she's so pure-hearted or anything, but because she has an uneven record with getting results. I think there's a parallel between her interaction with Pete and her initial interaction with Sam: she intimidates to try to get a result (for Sam to be silent and forget what he saw and for Pete to take care of Tara and return the casserole dish clean), but Sam didn't do what she intended, and I don't think Pete did either.

Does Carol have insight into how abusers think? Sure, some, but I think how she used it was in how she threatened Pete (and Sam) -- in the way an abuser threatens their victim to keep them contained, not to explode. Ed never would have shown her/ modeled for her how to have the victim go wild.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 7

I am surprised that there is so much debate over whether Rick killed Reg or Pete.  Deanna is clearly grieving over Reg when she looks at Rick and in a hardened ice cold voice says "do it".  Rick had been looking at her, he then turns his body, draws his gun, and fires.  It's very clear to me that he killed Pete.  The context is clear that Deanna is asking him to kill Pete, she is raging and grieving over Pete killing Reg.  Also, he turns his head/body over to where Pete is on the floor.

It just occurred to me assuming Gabriel wasn't stupid/suicidal/etc., had he closed and locked the gate like a normal human being, they still were just going to leave it unguarded like that?  So, basically, that would have meant Aaron/Daryl/Morgan would have had no way in.  I could just see them standing outside that gate for however long the meeting took; poor Aaron yelling "Guys!  Guys!!  Anyone?!", Daryl cussing up a storm, while Morgan's like "Not a great first impression, guys!" about it.

It was a very simple mechanism, just a push and a twist.  It seemed like someone could even reach their hands in there and unlock the gate themselves.  Obviously a walker can't, but a human might?  Which is why they usually have a guard at the gate and someone in the sniper tower.

Pete killing Reg....omg, I did NOT see that coming. So Deanna has no problem with cold-blooded murder if she feels like it? I think under that sweet face and teeny body beats the heart of a ruthless dictator.

I don't think there's anything at all sweet about Deanna's face.  I think it's very severe and cold looking.  The unflattering pageboy hairstyle, the Ronald Reagan like extreme wrinkles on the neck and the narrowed eyes don't help make her look sweet.  She seemed pretty ruthless to me even before Reg's death.

Read all the comments and I am still confused about these Wolves.  So we are not sure whether they are exiles from Alexandria or just another group.  Is it part of their cult to carve W's into their forehead?  So why are there so many walkers with W's.  Are these former members of the Wolves gang that they kill out of sport?  Are they random people they capture and carve W's into their forehead before turning them to the walkers?  What about that naked woman that had just been killed and was tied to a tree in the last episode?  She had a W on her.

In the previous episode, Aaron and Daryl saw a campfire from afar.  I had thought it was Morgan.  But I guess it could have been Morgan, Red Hoodie guy, or stringy haired Wolf and his partner.   Stingy Hair and Partner were the same guys that later killed Red Hoodie, right?  I couldn't tell if Red Hoodie had a W on his forehead.

I can't stand Deanna and I wish she had died instead.  She's so sanctimonious.  "In the interests of full disclosure, I want to share with you that Father Gabriel came to me and told me that these people are dangerous.  I wish Gabriel was here tonight to share his story."  Whatevs.  For believing in Father Pee Pants, she has shown she isn't smart enough to live.

• Love 5

You know a for a second, Aidan was debating whether to try and get out of the car and face possible certain death with all of those zombies...or stay trapped in the car with Daryl and his man-stink.

I think Aiden has faced all the death he's gonna.

Aaron, on the other hand.... :D

(Sorry, Andy - couldn't resist :)

I am trying to figure out if the gate didn't close only because Father Gabriel was careless, or if there was something jamming the mechanism.  That would still be the fault of Gabriel for not paying attention, but it also suggests someone deliberately tampered with the gate.  What I want to know is, what was it that Rick recovered off the gate?  I thought it was something that kept the gate from locking, but maybe it was just evidence of walkers.

No issues with the mechanism whatsoever, as Rick so ably demonstrated.

Simply one more example of the degree to which FPP is parsimoniously impaired in the giving of his shit.

Believe I referred to this about a week ago. Deanna doesn't really give an aerial intercourse at a mobile circular pastry about FPP's tales of Asmodeus entering the ASZ - except in the sense she can use it to further her own agenda.

Wasn't it off the chain the way Daryl took out those three walkers between the trucks?

Ayup. The CGI geeks deserve a bonus on that'un.

• Love 6

Sigh.  Just when I was ready to forgive and forget with Carol she becomes unlikable again.  It is scenes like that with Pete that sometimes make me want to smack the writers for not having had a V8.  It's supposed to showcase badass Carol, right?  And make Pete look weak because a 2 ft, 98lb woman with a blade threatens him?  This is the same, very large man, who held his own with RICK in a fight to the death.  He wasn't scared of Rick, or his knife, or his gun.  Here's my public service announcement:  Men need to stop perpetrating violence on women.  Period.  It is an epidemic that needs to be fought but what is NOT the answer is women perpetrating violence on MEN because they want revenge.  Or women thinking that because they've acquired fighting skills and chutzpah that they need to pick fights with men.  I was genuinely scared for her in that scene because Pete could have hurt or killed her in seconds.  Carol still can't take on a walker without falling to the ground.  And the toughest woman in that group, Michonne, is the only one to have had a full on fist fight with a large man, and while she eventually got the drop on him by removing his eye, the truth was that he nearly killed her.  That same man later kidnapped her by knocking her clean out with one punch.  So, yes, Carol needs to heal from Ed but this behavior isn't showing me that she has.

Although he's built like a linebacker, Pete is a bully, not a badass. And Rick didn't have a weapon between them pointed at him when he started that fight last week. He's used to beating a woman that no doubt cowers from him and tries to placate him when attacked, and now he's faced with an armed stranger who's clearly no more afraid of him than she is of a kitten and just informed him with the ruthless demeanor of a Mob hit man that she could easily murder him and get away with it Scott free. I think the lizard part of his brain saw through the booze that he would not be walking away from a fight if he started one then.

Riding gear is an issue of function, not fashion.

Anyone who thinks different has never been booming it on a bike down the back roads and run into a swarm of cicadas.

I'd imagine that good biker leathers would be pretty much impossible for a walker to bite through, so wearing them gives Darryl a lot more more protection.

Speaking of Morgan - where the hell did he get those mad stick skills?  They certainly weren't evident the two times we saw him with Rick.  Although he was shown to e a clever and resourceful fellow the second time ...

To be fair, he did have a basically endless supply of practice dummies to work on his skills with.

Maybe a pic of Carol posing for the camera showing off her latest casserole concoction?

I vote for holding up a tray of brownies toward the camera.

Wasn't it off the chain the way Daryl took out those three walkers between the trucks?

Bwah! I do recall being very skeptical that Darryl could hit three heads hard enough to split them open with one swing of a flexibel chain, though that would no doubt have been devastating if they were living opponents who could be blinded or concussed. Maybe they're turning him into Ghost Rider?

• Love 6

But she's lying

Carol a lying liar that lies?! Say it ain't so!!!

Regarding Pete, I wish he would have been killed while trying to attack Jessie or in a fight with someone. Slicing Reg played like an accident to me. I mean how different would it seem if cray cray Rick had pulled the trigger and killed someone during his cray cray outburst?

Would Rick be judged by the same ruler and be considered a danger to the community for doing the same thing Pete did?

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 1

I think Aiden has faced all the death he's gonna.

Aaron, on the other hand.... :D

(Sorry, Andy - couldn't resist :)

Game,

No issues with the mechanism whatsoever, as Rick so ably demonstrated.

Simply one more example of the degree to which FPP is parsimoniously impaired in the giving of his shit.

Set,

Believe I referred to this about a week ago. Deanna doesn't really give an aerial intercourse at a mobile circular pastry about FPP's tales of Asmodeus entering the ASZ - except in the sense she can use it to further her own agenda.

Match!

Cracking me up today, Nashville!

• Love 7

Even back at the beginning of Season 2 Glenn was yelling at Maggie how could you waste an egg like that?!

Even in a ZA I would refuse to eat mushrooms, olives, raisins and Burger King. I would rather beg Judith to share her acorn salad

• Love 1

I am trying to figure out if the gate didn't close only because Father Gabriel was careless, or if there was something jamming the mechanism.  That would still be the fault of Gabriel for not paying attention, but it also suggests someone deliberately tampered with the gate.  What I want to know is, what was it that Rick recovered off the gate?  I thought it was something that kept the gate from locking, but maybe it was just evidence of walkers.

He was just being careless and moreso, self-absorbed. He pulled the gate shut, but as we saw with bit later with Rick, there was that large metal rod that had to be turned and pushed into place to lock the gate. FPP was too focused on his 'woe is me' to care about that.

The guts on the gate were the Walkers shambling in and rubbing against the metal, thus leaving behind some of their rotting selves.

• Love 4

I feel bad about her losses, but she is partly at fault.  She brought CDB to ASZ to help her people learn to survive the apocalypse, yet she never sat down with them to listen to their criticisms regarding security.  Instead of putting someone on watch at both the tower and the gate she made Rick a constable to issue citations to litterers.  She completely dismissed anything he (and probably Maggie) told her about the dangers outside the fence.  In fact she was becoming more resentful of people like Abraham stepping up to lead and was having serious doubts about Rick.  She chose to listen to FPP talk about devils amidst them instead of saying thank God we have someone to show us how to live in this world.  Had she listened to Rick saying, "ok, these are the steps we need to take NOW," things might have been quite different.  Reg would have still been alive.  Aiden would probably have been alive too.  Instead she was a typical politician who didn't want to give up one iota of her power.

I read an interview with Andrew Lincoln and he indicated they'd be starting in a couple weeks.

Pretty certain they usually starting flming new seasons in May.

With the first screen shot hitting the net around June. 

I thought it was a walker finger.

No, as said above, the walker bits were left after the walkers came through the open gate. The gate was open because FPP halfheartedly gave it a push toward "closed" and walked away without noticing that it had bounced back open. It's a heavy slidey door without an automatic latch, so the momentum caused it to bounce back. Any normal person living in a zombie apocalypse would pull it shut and manually latch it, but then we wouldn't have a story, I suppose.

• Love 3

Even in a ZA I would refuse to eat mushrooms, olives, raisins and Burger King. I would rather beg Judith to share her acorn salad

I'd eat it all except the Burger King, I'd choke down Carol's tuna casserole, but cry about my life afterwards. Why is canned cream soup so damn nasty? Once you have a secured area, like in ASZ, there is a lot of fresh food you could grow instead of relying as they do on some community members to go out and scavenge cans. As far as that that goes a lot of garden weeds are good, dandelions, purslane, amaranth but these idiots don't even seem to have a community garden to weed. They are probably more worried about running  out of weed & feed to keep the lawns flawless, than running out of food. Even if the food depot hadn't been a trap, how long would the cans last amongst 40 plus people?   Along with improved security, CDB needs to hand out hoes and seed packets and they could use some of that solar power they are using for frivolous amusements on running food dehydraters. I sort of understand that it's more a set dressing issue but there are ways around that that don't necessarily entail dealing with living plants.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 1

Bwah! I do recall being very skeptical that Darryl could hit three heads hard enough to split them open with one swing of a flexibel chain, though that would no doubt have been devastating if they were living opponents who could be blinded or concussed. Maybe they're turning him into Ghost Rider?

I think at this point in the Zombie Apocalypse the zombies are getting even mouldier/softer, hence able to dispatch a little easier.

• Love 1

So to borrow from my favorite thread title ever - I am not a crackpot.  I spent most of my late teens/twenties working my ass off to give myself an awesome advanced education, so I am not stupid either.

The whole Wolves/Early Settlers/Natives story make absolutely no sense to me and I do not understand what they were trying to say.  Is Skeet look-a-like a wolf, a settler, or a native?  At first I thought, oh they mark them with a W for death, which was completely destroyed when they both attacked Morgan.

What are all ya'lls (southern plural comes out in me ever once in awhile) take on that scene, and WTF was he trying to say?

• Love 6

What are all ya'lls (southern plural comes out in me ever once in awhile) take on that scene, and WTF was he trying to say?

I think it means that wolf-douche was a self-aggrandizing idiot, who told himself and his victims an elaborate, meandering, illogical story to make robbery and thrill-killings into something big and important rather than petty, squalid and cruel. 

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 13

I love the way Eric just sat there when Rick carried that walker into the meeting. Just like he was chilling waiting on his champagne coolie; never even flinch

Upon rewatch I have to say my favorite exchange was between Maggie and Deanna

Maggie - he didn't kill anyone

Deanna - and that's a metric

Maggie - YASSSSS BEEYOTCH (not the exact dialogue but she said it with her eyes)

• Love 8

Would Rick be judged by the same ruler and be considered a danger to the community for doing the same thing Pete did?

Well, yeah. We do that in real life, too. If you "accidentally" kill an innocent person while threatening them with a weapon, you're guilty.

But of course if it were Rick we'd be expected ultimately to pretend it was OK because "He's a great guy, really, you just gotta know him..."

• Love 3

He was just being careless and moreso, self-absorbed. He pulled the gate shut, but as we saw with bit later with Rick, there was that large metal rod that had to be turned and pushed into place to lock the gate. FPP was too focused on his 'woe is me' to care about that.

The guts on the gate were the Walkers shambling in and rubbing against the metal, thus leaving behind some of their rotting selves.

Pretty much.  I thought it was part of his death wish.  He didn't care if he died and left the gate open for someone or something to find him if it wanted to and who cares about the safety of anyone else.  He didn't even bother to look at the gate, much less latch it.  

• Love 3

So to borrow from my favorite thread title ever - I am not a crackpot.  I spent most of my late teens/twenties working my ass off to give myself an awesome advanced education, so I am not stupid either.

The whole Wolves/Early Settlers/Natives story make absolutely no sense to me and I do not understand what they were trying to say.  Is Skeet look-a-like a wolf, a settler, or a native?  At first I thought, oh they mark them with a W for death, which was completely destroyed when they both attacked Morgan.

OK, glad it's not just me. I didn't get it either. I was going to go back and re-watch, to see if it made anymore sense.

I think it means that wolf-douche was a self-aggrandizing idiot, who told himself and his victims an elaborate, meandering, illogical story to make robbery and thrill-killings into something big and important rather than petty, small and cruel. 

That sound about right!

So did Romulus and Remus (and the rest of the pack) wander across a library book, or do you think this was something they were somewhat into pre-ZA?

I love the way Eric just sat there when Rick carried that walker into the meeting. Just like he was chilling waiting on his champagne coolie; never even flinch

Maggie - YASSSSS BEEYOTCH (not the exact dialogue but she said it with her eyes)

..boogie woogie woogie

• Love 2

Pretty much. I thought it was part of his death wish. He didn't care if he died and left the gate open for someone or something to find him if it wanted to and who cares about the safety of anyone else. He didn't even bother to look at the gate, much less latch it.

This cuts to the heart of one of my two primary reasons I hate the FPP character - his level of self-absorption.

In PrayinGabeLand, apparently FPP is the only person in the known universe who has to deal with bad stuff. 

24/7 it's The FPP Show "starring ME - I'm FPP!".

Want to end it all?  Fine, go ahead, God bless. 

But what gives FPP the right to endanger the lives of every living soul in the ASZ, just because HE is having a bad no-hair day?

Absolutely nothing - unless, of course, you share FPP's view of every other man, woman, and child in the immediate vicinity as nothing more than walk-on bit parts in The FPP Show "starring ME - I'm FPP!".

The other primary reason, BTW, is FPP's sense of entitled judgment.  FPP has repeatedly demonstrated he considers himself to be a worthless piece of cowardly slime (points I would be hard-pressed to argue against), yest he somehow still considers himself morally superior enough to sit in judgment on others as to their (un-)worthiness of salvation.  He'd be a disgrace to his collar, if the collar hadn't come out of his last pack of new shirts.  But I digress....

I think at this point in the Zombie Apocalypse the zombies are getting even mouldier/softer, hence able to dispatch a little easier.

Ordinarily I would agree; however, it appears the Wolfington Manor boys keep the surprise-trailer-attack crew pretty well stocked with fresh bodies.

I'd guess it becomes one helluva metric when your husband's neck ends up being the yardstick you're using to measure.

• Love 6

He'd be a disgrace to his collar, if the collar hadn't come out of his last pack of new shirts.

He's a disgrace to humanity. A self-centered, self-pitying, cowardly Judas who is willing to take everything offered ("Got any food?) from the very people he then sneakily and hypocritically demonizes. When they were all sitting around, sharing with him the dogs they shot, why didn't he take that opportunity to get on his pulpit and inform them what monsters they are? Because he's a blubbering PeePants and the one and only job he's given - to close a friggin' gate - he fucks up!  Not doing much for religion, there, Father Pissypants.

• Love 8

He's a disgrace to humanity. A self-centered, self-pitying, cowardly Judas who is willing to take everything offered ("Got any food?) from the very people he then sneakily and hypocritically demonizes. When they were all sitting around, sharing with him the dogs they shot, why didn't he take that opportunity to get on his pulpit and inform them what monsters they are? Because he's a blubbering PeePants and the one and only job he's given - to close a friggin' gate - he fucks up!  Not doing much for religion, there, Father Pissypants.

Hey, c'mon now. 

Don't hold back. 

Tell us how you REALLY feel.

:D

• Love 4

Recalling a distant memory, I'd say YES.;)

Depends on which genders are involved, and who's facing who. 

Given different permutations of circumstance, either gender can display amazing powers of vocal projection.

• Love 3

carell_virgin1.jpg

Depends on which genders are involved, and who's facing who. 

Given different permutations of circumstance, either gender can display amazing powers of vocal projection.

• Love 5

There were two reactions missing from Spencer's admitting that he asked Gabriel to close the gate for him;

• 1st)  there should have been a general "wth was Father Gabriel doing near the gates in the first place!?" reaction

• 2nd)  CDB should have been "you did what!? ... Oh, wait, nevermind.  Gabriel's usually pretty good at locking things and people out.  Weird that he messed that up."
  • Love 10

Daryl gave those walkers the what-for; "you boys are back on the chain gang!".  But then when their heads got obliterated; "there ain't no room for weak links in this posse!"

• Love 5