Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Conquer

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

When Sasha laid down on the walkers and the camera zoomed in on her face - wow, that woman is beautiful.

I know it was hokey, but I appreciated that both Maggie and Glenn showed mercy.  Hershel would have been so proud of them.  And then Maggie praying, even though she's lost her faith.  I think she did it for FPP.

Tonight was the first time I was hoping the One Black Man Only rule would apply.

I try not to focus too much on the inconsistencies because it really ruins the fun.  But I found it hard to believe that the long-haired W was able to get the jump on Morgan by approaching him from the front.  Morgan had his weapon right there!  And even stranger, when Morgan was doing his cool ninja moves, the W fell to the ground right by the weapon, yet he didn't grab it and shoot Morgan.  It took me out of the moment.  Not that I wanted Morgan shot, of course.

And Michonne didn't wonder how Pete got that katana while Carl and the baby were there? And the house is dark and Carl isn't awake saying a guy broke in here?

Has it been established that Rick and the kids share a house with Michonne?  I'm not clear on the housing arrangements.

And why did Morgan leave those Wolves alive in the back of that car???

I get the impression that Morgan has yet to kill a human.  I thought he put them in there so they would be safe until they woke up, but then I was confused by the honking.

• Love 3

Yea, when I noticed all those cans hanging around the trucks I got a bad feeling.

I know, right? Something not right about those tin cans. It looked like a trap and usually I don't even notice these things.

And how did they get back into Alexandria with no one at the gates? Did another gate get left open?

Aaron's face at the end was priceless. He was like "WTF did I miss? How is Noah going to get surgery for his limp now? Where is Noah?"

Next season I hope they come back with a time jump so that Carl wouldn't be the largest 12-year-old ever and it would be great if Judith can be old enough to have actual dialogue.

Rick & Morgan 4ever <3 (Jessie who?)

Also... Michonne & Katana 4ever <3

I want Michonne to be the leader more than I want another Ricktatorship.

• Love 7

[real life (based on WD 'laws') OFF] Umm.  When Rick saw the gate open and figured walkers had got in, there was quite a bit of daylight left.  But when he met and dispatched said walkers, it was clearly dark.  So, we have to believe that between that length of time, the walkers didn't find the meeting place (with noise being made the whole time; talking, etc)?  Ohh-kay, I guess?...... [/real life back ON]

And what excuse did he have for not warning everybody that there were walkers in the gates? How did no one hear Sasha and FPP shoot out the window? Glenn was struggling with one walker then two more show up. So they just don't film the scene and have Glenn appear later.

Daryl approaches a line a trailers with cans strangely tied to them. Daryl the tracker makes nothing of it. Instead of running like hell toward the open gate, They make a big effort to enter a car. Nashville, your commercial is in action.

Maggie didn't bother to tell CDB about FPP's betrayal. Mush for brains.

• Love 4

For a second, I thought Daryl and Aaron being in that car was going to turn into a fanfic moment. "There's gotta be something in here we can use to cover the windows!" "Yeah... our clothes."

And then the prayer circle with Gabriel. What the damn hell. At least drag his ass to the tribal council and make him confess he basically killed his congregation and is suffering from survivor's guilt.

What was with moving Pete into a new house... mere feet away from his old house?! He could've practically continued slapping Jessie around from his front porch! I just don't even know with these people.

And Glenn letting Nicholas live. No. Just no. There are times to take the high road and then there are times when you kill an asshole who's a genuine threat to you and others. 

• Love 18

Gotta love the Azshats putting enraged wife beater in exile in a house like TWO DOORS AWAY from his victim, who now has no front window (or plywood or anything to put over it. Looked like she was going to just tack up a blanket over the GIANT HOLE IN THE SIDE OF HER HOUSE ) I feel like this town would've been easily overrun by lazy drug dealers even before the Apocalypse. 

When Nicholas ran off into the woods, was he purposely luring Glenn out in order to kill him? 

And the Wolves are made up of the same pretentious blowhards as Terminous. Shut up with your Native American folklore, killer weirdo.

At least Morgan spent his time getting to Level 'Yoda' with his fortified broomstick. 

• Love 12

I love Morgan. And I want him to stick around. My favorite moment of the entire episode was when he and Rick saw each other. Quite the role reversal from the last time they met. Back then Morgan was wearing the crazy-pants and Rick had the 'WTF happened to you?' look. I can't wait 'til they have a proper conversation again.

So glad Tara woke up. Thank goodness she doesn't require anymore medical attention since the town doctor had to be put down. She's gonna be devastated when she learns Noah's dead. They clearly had bonded. :(

It was nice to see Eric at he town hall meeting. I laughed at how nonplussed he look when Rick threw down the walker corpse and when Reg got sliced & diced. I hope Sam wasn't there to see his dad get shot in the head. I was surprised Jessie didn't plead with Deanna & Rick to spare Pete's life.

Carol is my favorite but I've had enough of the Suzy Homemaker persona. Now that Team Grimes will take over the running of Alexandria, I hope to see the old Carol return. This Lady Macbeth crap is no longer needed, and I don't like that she's pulling Rick in a direction counter to where everyone else in Team Grimes is going. I feel she's being alienated with this cold, paranoid, out-for-blood behavior; I stopped laughing a few episodes ago. 

Glenn is too good for this world. I mean, damn, Nicholas got Noah killed, blamed Glenn for Aiden's death, shot Glenn and left him under a pile of walkers - yet he still couldn't pull the trigger. I just hope his decision to spare Nicholas doesn't come back to bite him next season.

• Love 7

I guess I got to give props to both Sasha and Rick for their incredible bravery shown tonight.  Sasha laid on a pile of dead walkers and Rick carried one fireman-style for who knows how far.

Sorry, but I don't care how "dead" a walker is, I ain't putting myself on a buffet for it in case it ain't fully dispatched.

• Love 6

When Rick got walker goo dumped on him like he was Jennifer Beals in Flashdance, I thought man, I hope all those wounds on your face are sealed up tight, buddy.

Oh and the red poncho made me think of the red balloon from last week.

• Love 11

I was surprised Jessie didn't plead with Deanna & Rick to spare Pete's life.

I think it had to do with tying in to what Rick said to her just yesterday (TWD-time);  "If its gotten worse, then he's killed you.  That's whats next.  And I don't want you to die."

She got an up-front first hand look at just what the 'worse' was.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

Oh Glen and Maggie. Someone up there is rooting for those wacky kids! They just keep skating right by death! They could even survive having a baby, or Glen announcing he`s just two days away from retirement, or Maggie showing passers pay pictures of Glen and the kid they`ll have. They might just make it!

When Deanna was talking with Maggie about how they've all lost, I thought Maggie was going to say something like "Yeah? I watched my Dad get his head hacked off with a Katana by a one-eyed wanna be politician. Life sucks, I got it".

I got, like embarrassingly emotional when I saw that. I cant even explain it, it just hit me HARD.

Add me into this because I got teary and was like, "oh my gawd, I'm gonna cry..." And my husband just looked at me.

• Love 1

There was nothing shocking about this episode at all

But...Morgan is here. Morgan is here! MORGAN IS HERE!!! ;)

When Rick got walker goo dumped on him like he was Jennifer Beals in Flashdance, I thought man, I hope all those wounds on your face are sealed up tight, buddy.

Well, Abe was cut by a knife Sasha was using to kill zombies, and he seems ok...

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1

And even stranger, when Morgan was doing his cool ninja moves, the W fell to the ground right by the weapon, yet he didn't grab it and shoot Morgan.  It took me out of the moment.  Not that I wanted Morgan shot, of course.

Has it been established that Rick and the kids share a house with Michonne?  I'm not clear on the housing arrangements.

I too wondered why the Wolf didn't reach for his gun while Morgan was fighting off the other dude, but turns out the gun was not loaded. When Morgan pulled the trigger to shoot the walker nothing happened so he tossed it aside.

When Rick has had scenes in his house, in the background, Michonne's katana can be seen hanging on the wall. I think Carol lives there as well since the kitchen she always cooking in is the same one Rick & Carl checked out when they chose a house. She was also watching Judith on the baby monitor from that kitchen.

And how did they get back into Alexandria with no one at the gates? Did another gate get left open?

After Rick brought in the walker, Deanna told Spencer to go back to the gate. Presumably he let Aaron, Daryl, and Morgan in.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 3

I don't even really like Chris Hardwick or Talking Dead, but I always get some insights about the show.  Lenny said that Morgan had honked the horn to make sure there were no walkers around who might come and finish off the wolves.  OH.  I thought he made noise to attract walkers for that very purpose.

Lenny's description surprised me somewhat.  My initial thought was also that Morgan was using the car horn as a dinner bell.  As Morgan's considerations for the sanctity of life were revealed, however, I had re-interpreted the car horn differently; i.e., that Morgan was letting any other Wolves in earshot know where they could find their "pack brothers".

• Love 6

Something I noticed with this episode - not for the first time, but it seems to be getting worse - is that I'm heavily invested in most of the characters (not all...), even though it's ludicrous to feel that way, as most of them are going to die. I even care about most of the Alexandria ciphers. The big plot for this episode was supposed to be Rick's fate in Alexandria and the umpteenth revival of the "Must you lose your soul? If so, will Jewel write a song about you?" question, yet I was more invested in bit plots like poor sleeping Tara, or Rosita waking Eugene up, or whether hot, not very bright Spencer would get chomped.

I can put this down to nearly uniformly excellent casting (it's a shame the show will always have the label of only being popular because of zombies, as the cast truly do carry the plot along), but I think it's also down to my sense that the show is mostly plotless, and has been plotless for quite a while. It's just themes, and themes of themes of themes. 

I think that's why I had such a visceral reaction to the Rick plotline of the last 3-4 episodes. It's because all I had with Rick was a characterization. When he was shoved into a rigidly plot-driven place, it felt like a betrayal. 

I don't know if this will change now that they're staying in Alexandria for a while, but I tend to wonder if that's why the ratings have stayed high. If viewers are comforted by knowing the characters are interesting and feel "real" to them, and are like them in a sense in that like many of us in the world today, are wading through nothing, expecting nothing and not sure what will happen from one day to the next. 

I think I'd rather have a season of characters staring into space as angsty Ace of Base remixes play than more "stories" like Pete Anderson Katana MD.

• Love 11

I wasn't too bothered by this. It would have just set Carol or Rick off, and ultimately he didn't have any big impact on Deanna - Rick's behavior and Aiden's death did that. I think she was hoping he would eventually break, which he did.

When FPP put down the face-eaten man, I thought it was Nicholas.  I was very confused when he showed up again.  And Glenn going back over and over, it kind of reminded me of the Pink Panther fight scene.  Why wouldn't Glenn just head for the fence?  Why keep re-engaging with Nicholas?

Did anyone catch Carol smirk a little bit when Pete killed Reg? Almost like a "Game. Set. Match." moment.

I rewound and it didn't seem to me she was smiling.  Poor Carol, everyone keeps attributing sinister smirks to her. 

Ah, Mr. Eko. I'm still bitter about that.

I loved him too.  Didn't he get fired because of his DUI?  I think all three actors who got DUIs were fired.

• Love 6

So why did Carol make Pete a casserole?  I'm going with this:  So if a nosy neighbor sees her walking into Pete's house, that will be her excuse for talking to him.  Also, if he went after her and she killed him, there would be her casserole as proof that she went with good intentions.

I too wondered why the Wolf didn't reach for his gun while Morgan was fighting off the other dude, but turns out the gun was not loaded. When Morgan pulled the trigger to shoot the walker nothing happened so he tossed it aside.

I know the Wolf's gun wasn't loaded, but Morgan had an AK-47 (or some other big ass weapon).  And we know the stringy-haired dude knew it because he saw Morgan reach for it, and warned him not to.

• Love 2

So why did Carol make Pete a casserole?  I'm going with this:  So if a nosy neighbor sees her walking into Pete's house, that will be her excuse for talking to him.  Also, if he went after her and she killed him, there would be her casserole as proof that she went with good intentions.

I know the Wolf's gun wasn't loaded, but Morgan had an AK-47 (or some other big ass weapon).  And we know the stringy-haired dude knew it because he saw Morgan reach for it, and warned him not to.

I thought Morgan was reaching for his stick.

• Love 1

I thought Morgan was reaching for his stick.

Well the stick was laying right by the weapon.  Even if Morgan is unwilling to shoot and kill a human, so he reached for the stick instead, it would have been impossible for the Wolf not to have seen the weapon.

• Love 1

I'm on my second rewatch and I still can't figure out why Glen went after Nicholas.  Just to see what he was up to?  Why care?  Nicholas has proven he's shitty at being in the open, so why not let him go get eaten?

So, Pete used Michonne's katana for killing Reg, right?  It's weird that his large, drunken ass could slip into the house and get it off the wall without Carl noticing.  I'm supposing that is one of the reasons Michonne slipped it back in the sheath and put it on her back at the end of the episode.  

Carl sure has come a long way from "where's Carl" of the farm days.  Aside from him not noticing Pete steal the katana, he's been more of a voice of reason to Rick than a 12/13 (?) year old should be.

I just don't get what the Wolves endgame is.  So far it looks like just 2 guys, but there has to be more.  Why kill everyone?  Maybe there are others out there who want to carve Ws into heads?  Daryl and Aaron should have known something was up with those cans draped on the trailers.  Even I knew that was shady on my first watch.

And who knew I'd learn something from TWD?  Wild leeks ward off mosquitoes?  I need to get some ASAP because the citron plants are not completely cutting it.  To the poster upthread who asked if mosquitoes would still be a problem in late fall, I don't know about NOVA, but where I live they're a year round problem unless we have a couple days of hard freezes, and then there is a respite for about 3 weeks.

• Love 5

Weren't we supposed to be screaming at our TVs? I got bored and started reading a Nora Roberts book on kindle. I suppose were supposed to wonder if Pete did something to Carl and Judith? Eh, that wasn't much if a shocking episode at all. Chevy Chase got his throat slit and Pete got shot.

I didn't think about the kids. I assumed they were safe. Hopefully Pete was just set on Rick, and didn't know they were up there. 

Whew. That finale was INTENSE. I had diligently avoided anything remotely like a spoiler, so I was absolutely CERTAIN that we'd lose someone I cared about tonight. (I was starting to have a little fondness for Reg, but that doesn't count.)

Part of me wonders if Carol didn't deliberately cock and load Pete as a weapon. She knows what abusive men are like, she knows what it takes to send them over the edge into full mania. I find myself thinking she was hoping to send Pete into a blind rage for the very purpose of him going off on the community and proving their point for them (and hopefully making him very much dead in the process). 

I wondered about that, as well. Sending him into a rage just before the meeting. 

I was sad to see Reg die, but he was peaceful and a lot nicer than his wife (in recent episodes), so of course he had to go. I don't like that rule, but I'm glad that none of our main characters died.

Loved the "whoops" moment with Rosita, Eugene and Abraham. 

I laughed when the zombies all turned towards the music. 

I was slightly underwhelmed, because I'd read things that were apparently from the actors, that sounded bad. I also saw a comment on facebook, someone saying, "I don.t want Daryl to die!" and I assumed that they were talking about a cliffhanger - very glad to be wrong. 

• Love 2

OMG - the best season finale ever.  Sasha restrains her self, Glenn restrains himself - but not Rick.

Deanna - showing her true self at last and using Rick as a weapon.

And it was touching to see that the Walkers are just looking for a good party.

The walkers weren't looking to eat Daryl and Aaron.  They were just upset because they were promised booze & drugs at this rave, and their still very sober!

• Love 6

Honestly, I don't think Deanna showed her true self. It took Reg dying in her arms to realize that she was wrong and that the Pete's of this world have to be put down. She just had a huge reality check. Even if it could be argued that Rick fighting with Pete escalated the situation, at some point Pete was going to snap and kill someone, most likely Jessie or the kids. Ignoring the problem didn't make it go away.

This.

And just another perfect connection between Try and Conquer;  when Rick was telling Deanna something needed to be done about Pete abusing Jessie, "This way, you can choose who lives and who dies; or the choice will be made for you.".   Near-instant  translation = See ya, Reg.

• Love 9

In the conversation being played, when Rick was getting ready to go to the meeting.

"This world vs the Real World"

Was that between him and Bob, I couldn't remember...anyone know?

I enjoyed this episode. Lot of progress, and the storyline moving along. It was a slow burn, instead of an action packed shot to the gut. Nice.

• Love 1

Gee, Deanna, now that one of YOUR family members was killed now you're just peachy with executions.  Typical politician.

I love how Carol is (very dark) comic relief.  Handing Pete his nuts...er...casserole and telling him to clean and return the platter is comedy gold.  

If the entire episode was nothing but Glenn beating the crap out of Nicholas I would have been perfectly happy.

Aaron and Daryl still make a great team.  I could watch a spinoff of just their adventures.

Morgan is a fucking ninja.

• Love 9

So, when Morgan piled the two unconscious wolves on top of each other, was I the only one who thought, "I love my dead, gay son?" Just me then.

Isn't it against the rules for Glenn to still be alive?  He told Maggie he loved her and climbed over the wall!  That's like a TV death sentence! 

I thought he was done right then, too. Then, the longer it took for the show to get back to him after the walker pile-on, the more sure I was he was OK.

I couldn't watch live, but I could have sworn around 8:15 I heard a ton of people shout, "me too!"  Later while watching the scene with FPP, I realized why.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 11

Oh, right, I totally forgot about Spencer getting sent out of the meeting to watch the gate.

For a guy who is so afraid of walkers, Nicholas sure go outside by himself a lot.

Considering she just lost her child and her husband in a really short time, it's not that surprising Deanna would be kind of... off right now. This is the kind of loss that drove the Governor completely insane. One thing she has in common with Rick is that they are both tethering on the brink of going off the deep end. Probably never gonna happen, but Michonne would make a way better leader than either of them. Michonne is pragmatic without the insanity.

• Love 13

For a second, I thought Daryl and Aaron being in that car was going to turn into a fanfic moment. "There's gotta be something in here we can use to cover the windows!" "Yeah... our clothes."

What was with moving Pete into a new house... mere feet away from his old house?! He could've practically continued slapping Jessie around from his front porch! I just don't even know with these people.

I thought the same thing about Daryl and Aaron, lmao. 

I kept in the Pete's new house bit because the Alexandrians are dumb. Between letting people die on runs, never posting lookouts and abandoning the gate, it's a wonder they haven't died yet whenever Aaron leaves. He and his boyfriend seem to be the only ones that are capable in any capacity.

• Love 4

Its a good thing Spencer is 'eye candy' for the ladies - and guys who swing that way - 'cause he brings nothing else to the table. 

• It worked out great for me, because I wanted FPP to go die, but you let not only any person go off on their own, weapon-less, but a pastor; who is most likely a pacifist, by nature?!  And then his answer for not needing a gun is "God's love is all I need to protect myself"??!!

• Easiest physical task in the whole compound, and he can't take a minute to make sure the gate is shut and secured.  "Get the gate, (spaced out & off your rocker) dude!  Thanks preach, your a real peach.".  WTF, is this guy serious!?

Aidan was a weak douche.  Spencer's just a straight up witless dumbass.

• Love 9

When Pete brought beer over to Rick's place, Michonne's katana was visible in the background.

• Love 3

Shouldn't Maggie have been at least a little worried that Glenn wasn't at the meeting?  Especially after what happened with Noah and all of that? 

Sucks for Glenn that the only doctor is dead but Rick received a worse version of what Glenn went through after the Governor pummeled him.  As for Nicholas, well, I have a feeling that Rick's going to push for capital punishment.  It's a miracle that Glenn's still alive.  Of course, it would be a cruel, cruel, twist to have Glenn and Nicholas jumped by the Wolves before they get back.

• Love 1

FPP fought a zombie and laid down crying like a baby, on a muddy road--and his white shirt remained spotless.

Yeah, I was taken out of the show by that!  Still totally white when he came through the gate.  Was it just so the gatekeeper wouldn't question him? Then why dress him in white at all? 

The Wolves are only those two guys?

Two guys easily taken out by Morgan.  There has to be dozens more, right?

Morgan continues to be the only competent person in the zombie apocalypse.

Rick: "You don't know what's out there, you need us."

Alexandria Chorus: "Oh, so you'll teach us how to make weapons to defend us from zombies?"

Rick: "Make weapons? But we have guns."

Alexandria Chorus: "Don't those make a lot of noise and attract more zombies?"

Rick: "Uh..."

Alexandria Chorus: "You were on the road for three weeks and covered 500 miles, and not one person in your group sharpened a fallen tree branch to help fight off the zombies?"

Alexandria Chorus: "What about backpacks? Surely you guys scavenged for supplies and found some bags to carry everything you could find."

Alexandria Chorus: "But you setup noise traps around your camp to alert you of any walkers?"

Alexandria Chorus: "Set a watch while you're sleeping?"

Alexandria Chorus: "Perfect! You guys can teach us so much, you're hired!"

Meanwhile, somewhere in the country there was a Renaissance festival going on when the zombie thing happened, and there is a group of reenactors, LARPers, and  history teachers that have fashioned their own little society and are having no problem surviving the ZA.

• Love 16

Aaron and Daryl have been gone all this time on a scouting party and all they bring back is...Morgan? And Morgan found them, so actually they found no one at all. I say let's give someone else a try.

I like the more rational Rick we saw tonight. I hate when they try to make him crazy.

Morgan may be at peace with his new philosophy, but I predict it will get him or someone killed next season if he doesn't modify it.

Edited by bentley
  • Love 2
So Deanna is perfectly fine with wife-beating Pete, because he was "important" as a doctor, but the moment her hubby is killed, the doctor is no longer needed, apparently, all bets are off, and she immediately asks Rick to kill Pete. How convenient. And typical.

Right??? 

Although, it was also quite convenient that Tara just happened to wake up right before the doctor was killed. But who's going to tend to Glenn's gunshot wound???

What confuses me about the wolves is.... why?  Why set traps to kill random people?  Do they ever recruit people into the pack or just kill everyone they come in contact with?  Why the unfair wolves tagging?  They leave a place a spray paint that they are not far?  Makes little sense to me.  Are they just trying to develop a reputation?

I'm a little confused as to the motives of the Wolves as well. If they were just marauders who'd rather steal other people's shit than scavenge, I could understand. Obviously it's not right, but I get it. But this weird dismembering of walkers, and setting elaborate traps to kill people - there's more to it than just "we want your gun and canned goods". Clearly, they're deranged, and think they're wolves? Maybe they're in some permanent Berserker state? Maybe they're eating walkers and  that is causing some insanity? I don't know. My husband said he thinks they just want to be the only humans in the ZA....

I also didn't know where Deanna was sending her son when she said, "GO!"  Rick had just told them the gate was left open and walkers got in.  Did she think maybe Rick hadn't closed the gate after he noticed it was open?

Right? Rick is not as stupid as her useless son! 

I wonder if anyone around the firepit will remember that Reg is about to zombify and his semi-detached head is likely to chomp Deanna on the leg.

One can only hope. 

I wasn't thrilled with those fireside feelings scenes, but I will say I did like seeing the juxtaposition of Carol here, vouching for Rick and his strength, with the end of season 2, the fire at night, when she told the group he sucked as a leader and they needed to start over. Sometimes it's hard to believe they're the same characters.

Oooooh, good catch. I didn't think of that, but yea....she has really come so far. As has Rick. 

I'm just hoping the next night they have another little fireside meeting, to decide what to do about Spencer leaving gate duty in the hands of a newbie who has been given zero responsibility, and also the fate of Father Pee Pants for intentionally giving zero fucks about the security of said gate. 

Wasn't a fan of everyone sitting around singing the praises of St.Rick. What a joke, almost entirely the people he lead ends up dead. He's gone nuts right now and when Shane went nuts, Rick insisted on talking him out, but Rick they sit around and praise?

I'm not saying Rick is perfect, but people end up dead in the ZA....period. You could be the best leader in the world, people are still going to die. And for him to come into ASZ with a group of a dozen people, after being on the road weeks, I think that's pretty damn good. Rick has been quite unhinged these last few episodes, but at no point was he trying to kill his best friend and another member of his group - which is what Shane was after. And Rick seemed a lot more balanced to me last night, especially with how he decided to handle things in the end. Maybe Michonne knocked some things back into place when she whacked him with her gun. Or maybe it was just their heart-to-heart, and knowing she had faith in him no matter what. 

• Love 6

Can I ask a question (I could have sworn I saw someone mention this last night (maybe it was on the live page): 

Are we 100% Deanna was telling Rick to kill Pete . . . OR . . . her husband?  Yes, his head was barely hanging on after getting katana-ized, but he would have turned into a walker when he died. So, someone would have to put him down. Right???

So, who did Rick shoot?

Well, your overnight returns are in and this is clearly going to take a while...

Instead, Abraham talks and uses the word shit twice in one sentence.

I don't care that he didn't really say anything because I couldn't stop laughing!  I love Abraham's limited vocabulary and oddly specific way of talking.  He and Eugene both have verbal quirks, Abraham's are just less obvious.

[real life (based on WD 'laws') OFF] Umm.  When Rick saw the gate open and figured walkers had got in, there was quite a bit of daylight left.  But when he met and dispatched said walkers, it was clearly dark.  So, we have to believe that between that length of time, the walkers didn't find the meeting place (with noise being made the whole time; talking, etc)?  Ohh-kay, I guess?...... [/real life back ON]

I complained a lot about that, too.  Also, if that much time passed, at first I felt like Rick should have been yelling to draw the Walkers since he knows how to dispatch them.  Then I argued with myself that it would also draw others who might be safely tucked away, people who couldn't deal with Walkers if they encountered them.  So.... eh.  There was just a whole lot of logic gap everywhere.  I hate when I notice stuff like that.

Why didn't Maggie explain FPP's sin's to the group. She remained silent.

I think it was because after Deanna told everyone about FPP's accusations about CDB, *Jessie* stood up and told Deanna something along the lines of "we've only got your word for that.  No one else heard it."  Maggie was smart not to say, "Well, actually, I heard it, too...."  When you've got one of the residents fighting on your side, I think keeping her mouth shut was the right choice.  And as for outlining FPP's sins with his congregation, I don't think that's on Maggie.  CDB really does seem to have a conspiracy of silence on everything they've seen.

I took the red poncho guy as a red shirt.   What confuses me about the wolves is.... why?  Why set traps to kill random people?  Do they ever recruit people into the pack or just kill everyone they come in contact with?  Why the unfair wolves tagging?  They leave a place a spray paint that they are not far?  Makes little sense to me.  Are they just trying to develop a reputation?  

The Wolves strike me as people who think they're a LOT smarter than they actually are.  They're taking pieces of Native American lore to make themselves feel important in a way they never were pre-ZA.  Douches.

- So pissed off at that useless sack of sh*t, Father Gabriel, ugh! Did he intentionally let the gate slide back open or is he just that stupid? 

I'm not sure it was stupidity so much as that his head really is that far up his ass.

Daryl approaches a line a trailers with cans strangely tied to them. Daryl the tracker makes nothing of it. Instead of running like hell toward the open gate, They make a big effort to enter a car. Nashville, your commercial is in action.

And why didn't Daryl at least *try* to hotwire the car once they were inside?  I mean, maybe it had gas, maybe it didn't.  Wasn't it worth a shot?

When Nicholas ran off into the woods, was he purposely luring Glenn out in order to kill him? 

That was my impression.

Carol is my favorite but I've had enough of the Suzy Homemaker persona. Now that Team Grimes will take over the running of Alexandria, I hope to see the old Carol return. This Lady Macbeth crap is no longer needed, and I don't like that she's pulling Rick in a direction counter to where everyone else in Team Grimes is going. I feel she's being alienated with this cold, paranoid, out-for-blood behavior; I stopped laughing a few episodes ago. 

I'm still laughing- the "Sunshine" got me.  

While Deanna was speaking at the meeting, she had that big opening behind her.  Carol was closest to her.  I was sure that a Walker was going to come through the gap, and Carol was going to have to reveal herself as competent in the ZA.

Seeing all of those tiny band-aids on Rick's face cracked me up.  It looked like he got into a catastrophic shaving accident.

Heehee!  I kept thinking that Rosita, in her relative inexperience (?) had gone with a "better safe than sorry" approach to closing the wounds, so she just kept sticking stuff to his face.

Edited by Bad Example
  • Love 8

Can I ask a question (I could have sworn I saw someone mention this last night (maybe it was on the live page): 

Are we 100% Deanna was telling Rick to kill Pete . . . OR . . . her husband?  Yes, his head was barely hanging on after getting katana-ized, but he would have turned into a walker when he died. So, someone would have to put him down. Right???

So, who did Rick shoot?

Deanna was behind Rick with Reg. Pete was in front of him. He shot Pete. I can't imagine he'd shoot Reg right there in Deanna's lap.

• Love 4

Pete and Rick both had teensy bandages, who did that? New doctor, youre hired.

So much incredible rage against FPP and what is it with these people? laying down in the pit of dead walkers? And I've been saying since day 1 every time you kill a walker up close, everybody has their mouth or eyes open, NASTY! I wouldn't go out without a bandana or something over my face. 

• Love 2
The previous couple weeks and this episode, all I could think was "YOU'RE WASTING FOOD!!" There aren't any decently stocked grocery stores to go get supplies for another tuna casserole. Idiots.

Deleted scene - Carl licking the casserole up off the floor. That boy knows not to waste food!

I'm guessing Spencer shuffled his worthless ass back over there just in time to let them in. 

CDB having to find out about  FPP from Deanna and not Maggie really bothered me. I'm just going to fanwank that she has short term memory loss - which also explains why she forgot her sister was missing in the first half of this season. 

YES! He had just been watching Glenn, so he knew he was right there. And then he went over the gate in such an obvious way, not trying to hide it all. 

I want Nicholas dead, for his general cowardice and what he did to Noah, but I think they've handled this storyline kind of sloppily. Why does he want to kill Glenn so badly? Is it just some macho pride thing? Is it because Glenn knows the truth? Well he and Glenn already both told their side of the story, so it would be kind of pointless to kill him now. And why was Glenn so worried about what he was doing. Glenn has always been one of the smarter ones in the group, so I don't really buy him not realizing that Nicholas was trying to lure him outside of the walls.  I don't know, the entire thing just felt rushed and unfinished to me. 

• Love 2