Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I always wondered about the girls who are current members of other teams  and make it to DCC training camp. Are they no longer considered a member of that squad or do they still fulfill their duties with it? For example, are Rose and Stephanie still considered Ice Angels  or are they done because they're now in TC?

Not sure exactly how it works, but Vivian did go back to the Ice Angels last year after she was cut from TC.

I feel like I saw on their audition guidelines that props are discouraged or even not allowed...maybe Im' just thinking of chairs.  I am almost positive they outlawed those recently. Maybe after Danielle's accident!

You are correct, after Danielle's foot injury two years ago, non-hand held props were banned. From the website:

Please note: hand-held props only; do not incorporate the use of a chair in your choreography.

I do recall one season Kelli saying that some girls use props to hide their lack of dance abilities. It might've been when Stephanie (not sure of her last time) was using a cart and it toppled over during her solo.

I do recall one season Kelli saying that some girls use props to hide their lack of dance abilities. It might've been when Stephanie (not sure of her last time) was using a cart and it toppled over during her solo.

Ha, yes, Stefani Peterson and the nurse's cart. There was another girl that season who used a ballet barre. There were all kinds of props that year.

• Love 1

Oh the tree girl - I was just thinking about her!  I think she was going for an Eve and the apple theme - interesting choice for tryouts, ha.  

I think her name was Jamie.  She tried out a bunch of times - I always liked her look.  

(edited)

Oh the tree girl - I was just thinking about her!  I think she was going for an Eve and the apple theme - interesting choice for tryouts, ha.  

I think her name was Jamie.  She tried out a bunch of times - I always liked her look.

Yes Jamie was in the fan vote top 3 along with Vivian and Kathryn Dunn. She's a Mavs dancer now and was also a Texas Legends dancer last year and a Dallas Stars Ice Girl for 2 or 3 seasons.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Lol I saw that last night and had the same reaction. Ummm...? I dunno if she's gonna make the squad. She just seems too young. We'll see.

Wow, maybe she can't do training camp. If she does quit, I wonder if they will fill her spot!

(edited)

She's now a TCC so wouldn't she have Kelli's contact info? I would think that the DCC organization would give that information out to all the girls when they made it to TC. They must get some type of schedule regarding the 1st TC meeting and practice times /dates. Why would she have to put a message for Kelli on Twitter? Doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

It almost makes it seem like she's trying to draw more attention to the fact that she made TC by posting that in a public setting, but that's probably just the cynic in me. I'm interested to see what happens with her in training camp now, haha.

• Love 3

It almost makes it seem like she's trying to draw more attention to the fact that she made TC by posting that in a public setting, but that's probably just the cynic in me. I'm interested to see what happens with her in training camp now, haha.

I completely agree. She even has retweeted people saying she's now a DCC even though she knows she isn't yet. And her Twitter profile reading "TCC for Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders 2015!" is just so...WE GET IT, ya know? It's one thing to be excited, but she does seem to be a bit much.

• Love 1

I completely agree. She even has retweeted people saying she's now a DCC even though she knows she isn't yet. And her Twitter profile reading "TCC for Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders 2015!" is just so...WE GET IT, ya know? It's one thing to be excited, but she does seem to be a bit much.

Yeah, I was reading all the tweets saying she made the DCC last night and chuckling about it. I just have a feeling we're not going to see her on the final squad, but I've been wrong before.

(edited)

TCC Karen really needs to delete this picture. Isn't she only a senior in high school? I know she isn't holding a drink, but still... Not very DCC

https://twitter.com/karenvereniss/status/561809922866688000

You guys tried that link lately? Doesn't work for me.  Looks like the profile's been deleted/removed....the plot thickens.....

ETA she still has a Twitter.  Must've just deleted that tweet

https://twitter.com/karenvereniss/

Edited by lscobee

I remember way back when the CMT boards were still up and running for this show, I had tried to figure out what six months of living in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas would cost, especially if a girl couldn't get a job right away or one that would barely pay for the basics if that.  I think I figured out that a girl would need roughly $10,000 going into Training Camp and that's not including what they've paid over the years for dance classes, costumes, private lessons, photgraphs, etc.  I'd started it because at least one of the girls was called into the office about something and mentioned that she was stressed out because her family couldn't help her financially anymore (and they were helping pay for her apartment, food, insurance, just about everything while she was down there since she wasn't really working and didn't seem to have been looking for a job) and she didn't know how she was going to be able to continute in Training Camp.

As much as I love my family, I am too darned independant to be borrowing that much money just to finance an off-chance that I'm going to get lucky and make an NFL or NBA dance team.  If I had gotten it into my head that I was going to do it, I'd be working my tail off to make sure I had as much money as possible.  When I wasn't actually working at a job to bring in the paychecks, I'd be scouting apartments for locations, prices, amenities, etc.as well as cutting back on everything that wasn't absolutely essential so that I had the money to back up my talent.  Some of these girls are living at home when they try out and, if they've had jobs while living at home, what are they doing with the money besides paying for their dance necessities?

You guys tried that link lately? Doesn't work for me.  Looks like the profile's been deleted/removed....the plot thickens.....

ETA she still has a Twitter.  Must've just deleted that tweet

https://twitter.com/karenvereniss/

Girl has to be flat out stupid - that's way past naive or immature - to post underage partying pics or anything with a whiff of illegal or vulgar. Every single year there's some mention of social media photos that are not up to DCC's codes of conduct. Doesn't matter if they're harmless or everyone else has them. By now, if your intention is to be a DCC, you should KNOW not to risk it with something as stupid as social media photos. I have zero sympathy for her if she's cut for those photos.

https://www.facebook.com/DallasCowboysCheerleaders/photos/a.413047096034.200984.181648811034/10152751113651035/?type=1&theater

I'm not sure how to upload a photo to a post, but while going through some of the photos on the DCC Facebook page, this one of Ashley N popped out at me.  She looks positively skeletal -- even her neck looks bad!  I hope they are watching her health and nutrition the way they did Kelsey in her rookie year -- she's a beautiful dancer and person; I hope she doesn't make herself sick!

I remember way back when the CMT boards were still up and running for this show, I had tried to figure out what six months of living in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas would cost, especially if a girl couldn't get a job right away or one that would barely pay for the basics if that.  I think I figured out that a girl would need roughly $10,000 going into Training Camp and that's not including what they've paid over the years for dance classes, costumes, private lessons, photgraphs, etc.  I'd started it because at least one of the girls was called into the office about something and mentioned that she was stressed out because her family couldn't help her financially anymore (and they were helping pay for her apartment, food, insurance, just about everything while she was down there since she wasn't really working and didn't seem to have been looking for a job) and she didn't know how she was going to be able to continute in Training Camp.

As much as I love my family, I am too darned independant to be borrowing that much money just to finance an off-chance that I'm going to get lucky and make an NFL or NBA dance team.  If I had gotten it into my head that I was going to do it, I'd be working my tail off to make sure I had as much money as possible.  When I wasn't actually working at a job to bring in the paychecks, I'd be scouting apartments for locations, prices, amenities, etc.as well as cutting back on everything that wasn't absolutely essential so that I had the money to back up my talent.  Some of these girls are living at home when they try out and, if they've had jobs while living at home, what are they doing with the money besides paying for their dance necessities?

I've always wondered about that too. Do they come from rich families? Or do they have a lot of CC debt? Maybe their parents go into debt (cc, loans, or 2nd mortgage)to finance these girls?

(edited)

I was scolded by someone on this site for not posting a video I referenced that showed Ashley Pro forgetting the steps to a sideline dance.  bigskygirl posted in on the DCC in the Media thread on February 2nd.  It was the Cowboys playoff game against the Detroit Lions.

Edited by caligirl50

I was scolded by someone on this site for not posting a video I referenced that showed Ashley Pro forgetting the steps to a sideline dance.  bigskygirl posted in on the DCC in the Media thread on February 2nd.  It was the Cowboys playoff game against the Detroit Lions.

I watched it and don't see Ashley or anyone screwing up.

(edited)

It took two viewings, but I see the mistakes -- around :49 right?  I just couldn't tell on my small phone screen who the blonde in the upper right was.  She covered and recovered well, though.

...ok...on the computer, it is Ashley.  She is a good faker though!  I still feel badly she was cut.  I loved her spirit.

Edited by English Teacher

I don't know how they finance things.  If I'd asked anyone, whether family or other, to pay my way while I chase a pipe dream, I would be laughed out of the room.  Well, either that or booted out with one word ringing in my ears, that word being "NO!"  Frankly, I think that one of the required for applying to any of these squads should be a course on financial responsibility, budgeting, and proving finances.  The DCC are not going to go out of their way to help girls get jobs for just anyone.

When I did that budget thing (for my own entertainment mostly), I looked at those girls coming in from out of the area and needing housing (around $1000 a month for anything and everything related to an apartment and even though some of these girls get roommates, what if the roommate quit, moved out, got evicted, etc., how will rent be met?  I know not all apartments in the area are $1,000, but I threw in extra for emergencies and whatnot); more for food, gas, insurance, training with Jay (I know I would if I got the chance though I might hate myself for doing so after the workout), private lessons as well as classes (a lot of girls go to Kitty Carter's Dance Factory or one of the studios where there are a lot of DCCs and former DCCS), etc.  Then there is choreography for the finals (if you make it that far), costumes, and anything else relating to auditions and training camp.  Adjusting, I think it's more now than it was then, I'd say it would be closer to $12,000 now and being me (and an older me saying this to a younger, more impulsive, some would say stupider, me), I would say that the girls would be smart to have an extra cushion of money just in case, say for a total of around $15,000.

I wonder how the families of these girls have the financial wherewithal to fork out up to $15,000 for at least six months, espcially if the girl is only working part time, if at all.  I seriously doubt most of the under-25 group, especially those from out of state, would have that kind of money to their names.  Some of the older ones might, but I really have to wonder who's paying the bills for these girls?  I really doubt the DCC have any so-called scholarships or will help out financially with anything other then medically if a girl gets injured during Training Camp.  I really doubt CMT would either.

I watched it and don't see Ashley or anyone screwing up.

I went and watched it. Around :50 you can see her -not mess up per say- but she kind of shuffles through the hip roll and the shoulder shimmy but maybe she just doesnt projecting well esp in comparison to Jenn K and Lacey who are doing big movements. She plays it off well though, smiling the whole time. But, it also seems like Lacey messed up. Jenn has her hands down in front of her groin area while doing the hip roll (as does Ashley) and Lacey has her hands cross her body. It goes by very fast but its jarring because not all 3 of them are doing the same thing.

They should be willing to pay any amount of money for the privileges of being a DCC, (that is playful sarcasm folks). Parents do crazy stuff for their kids. I Imagine the majority have been spending gads of money throughout their child's dance life for lessons, competitions, costumes, etc. But I hope they realize it isn't going to lead to fame and fortune. Dcc is a very expensive hobby, not a job and has a very short shelflife

I think dance is like sports etc where parents end up paying a lot of money for travel, lessons, etc.  We sent our child to a private school which was $13,000 a year by the time he was a senior.  We didn't have scads of money as someone noted as we just are 2 middle class people who were willing to sacrifice for our child's education.  I think others would probably sacrifice for their child to follow a dream etc.  To each his own

What was this?  and what was the other pic??  Both the links don't work and i'm so curious!!!!

I'm not sure what the pic was, but the link you're referring to was a tweet to Kelli asking her for her email because she needed to talk to her about something.

What was this? and what was the other pic?? Both the links don't work and i'm so curious!!!!

Pictures of her at a house party with her friends holding beer bottles and flipping off the camera

(edited)

I went and watched it. Around :50 you can see her -not mess up per say- but she kind of shuffles through the hip roll and the shoulder shimmy but maybe she just doesnt projecting well esp in comparison to Jenn K and Lacey who are doing big movements. She plays it off well though, smiling the whole time. But, it also seems like Lacey messed up. Jenn has her hands down in front of her groin area while doing the hip roll (as does Ashley) and Lacey has her hands cross her body. It goes by very fast but its jarring because not all 3 of them are doing the same thing.

Yeah, Lacey's error actually stood out more to me because it looked like her arm placement was wrong. Ashley is just kind of there. I didn't notice her at all on my first (or second) viewing. 

ETA: Actually, is that Ashley in the left corner at 1:03? Whoever that is, she misses the dance move on the count right there. Of course, I wouldn't notice these errors if I wasn't actually looking for them. 

Edited by Jess14
(edited)

FYI - I don't want anyone to screw up or miss a step.  There are cameras everywhere on game day so I guess I'm sorry it was caught on camera. Even the veterans mess up in practice...some point out there own mistakes.  I guess I feel bad that some of the girls didn't shine in that video.  They had been performing all year at that point. But I am not a dancer or a performer so I don't know the mindset you need.

I was disappointed that Ashley didn't perform better.

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 1

Does it seem too far away from finals , i thought it was training camp is two weeks from finals ?

Their whole audition process is long and drawn out. Most teams already have their cheerleaders. But yes, I do think that it is far from finals.

I agree the entire process is a bit dramatic and drawn out. However, I do not see anything wrong with the gap between finals and TC. It gives TCCs time to move their entire lives to Dallas, gives returning vets (and staff) a break, and there is a holiday in between.

• Love 1

Probably J&K want one more vacation before camp and the football season too LOL  It looks like a lot of the TCCs are getting in last minute dance classes with Michelle Keys. Keepin' it fresh!

Personally, if I were a TCC, I would use the time to binge watch previous seasons of MTT.  I would also watch appearance videos, halftime performances, quarter change routines, etc on YouTube to start learning the dances.  I would also start stretching for the infamous jump splits:)

• Love 6
(edited)

Personally, if I were a TCC, I would use the time to binge watch previous seasons of MTT.  I would also watch appearance videos, halftime performances, quarter change routines, etc on YouTube to start learning the dances.  I would also start stretching for the infamous jump splits:)

Yes, all those girls should be on YT learning Thunderstruck right now. I would be HOPPING mad if I were a GL (or just a veteran) and had a TCC come in and know none of Thunderstruck. If I, pink317, know it.. you TCCs better know at least some of it. I am always flabbergasted when the TCCs cant do any of Thunderstruck. There are so many YT videos out there and its not like the dance changes!

Edited by pink317
  • Love 2