Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Luther

Will someone hand Idris Elba his Emmy, please.

Enjoyed this series, though none of the supporting characters interest me the way Alice and Justin did. 

I do like the two officers who have Luther's back: the IT expert and the boss figure

• Like 1

Just binge watched all four series on Netflix because I loved Warren Brown in X Company. I definitely missed Justin in series 4... the one scene of memory/ ghost Justin was such a tease! Wish we'd gotten more.

I thought the ending with Megan was kind of ambiguous, almost like she could be speaking for Alice. Maybe Alice really did want out of the relationship before she or John ended up killing the other (I don't really see it, but maybe), and she arranged the whole thing. Though Megan being conveniently there and willing to go along with the whole thing strains credulity, a lot of things in this series did. It was fun to watch, though!

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 12:44 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why didn’t they realize, looking at Zoe’s cell phone, that she wouldn’t be calling John if he were in her home murdering her?

I don’t know if the police ever addressed that. I can’t remember who said it though the people who love Luther usually end up dead. Sad but true. *sigh* I miss Justin. 

• Like 2

I like this show a lot. Idris Alba is compelling. Loved Justin. But there were a lot of sloppy scenes.  And I don’t really buy John studying something for a few minutes and immediately assessing the motive or recognizing someone to be the perpetrator at a scene. 

How come John sometimes lives in squalor and sometimes lives in a more upscale flat?

And how come people can punch him, shiv him and shoot him in the kneecap, and he is able to resume pursuit after a few minutes?

I love Benny. 

5 hours ago, topanga said:

I don’t know if the police ever addressed that. I can’t remember who said it though the people who love Luther usually end up dead. Sad but true. *sigh* I miss Justin. 

Justin was amazing. So earnest, sweet, loyal, grounded, reliable, gracious. I was shocked and so disappointed when the martyr/vigilante killed him. 

• Like 4

I have a friend in S5. He's playing Donnie McKinney. The new series started today in the UK. No telling when it will get here.

• Like 3

I'm currently watching the new season over  here in the UK. I won't spoil it for the non Brits but it is as creepy and intense as usual.

• Like 3

I'm super excited about S.5 but I've never seen S.4. Is Ruth Wilson in it? I suppose I should watch it before season 5. I just didnt enjoy s. 3 as much as 1 and 2, so I pulled away for a while. 

ETA nm. I see she isn't in 4, not really into seeing it then. I love Idris, but I like RW as well, and Luther and Alice are the reason I watch. Nit in a shippy way, I just like them.

Edited by cleo
  • Like 1

Is it too much of a spoiler to comment on whether Alice is in season 5? 

Spoiler

Alice does return in season 5.

• Like 3

On 1/3/2019 at 5:52 AM, snowwhyte said:

I'm currently watching the new season over  here in the UK. I won't spoil it for the non Brits but it is as creepy and intense as usual.

More creepy and intense than usual? I can't wait. 

• Like 1

Just finished Season 5 last night....yes, it was definitely creepy and intense and convoluted as hell. Highly recommended if you are a fan of this show! Hope they do more...

• Like 3

I just finished season 5. There is never enough Luther, especially after that ending.  I just read that Idris has not closed the door on another series, so I'm hopeful.

• Like 1

I can't dive into this discussion because I'm only on season 3 but I just wanted to check in to say that the relationship between Luther and Alice has got to be one of the most original I've come across in all my TV-watching years.  In season three, when Alice showed up to help Luther's girlfriend I breathed a sigh of relief (which is crazy when you consider that she's a complete psychopath who is TOTALLY capable of deciding to toss Mary off a roof rather than help her.)

This show . . . 

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Like 3

Ruth Wilson has been nominated for a Tony!

Best Featured Actress in a Play
Fionnula Flanagan, The Ferryman
Celia Keenan-Bolger, To Kill a Mockingbird
Kristine Nielsen, Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus
Julie White, Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus
Ruth Wilson, King Lear

• Like 1

Whoever said that Megan couldn't have gotten the drop on Alice.  I agree.  Although after some reflection Megan pulled that all off pretty well.  Where did she get the diamonds?  And she must of had the phone before we saw her lurking in the house.