Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Britt & Kaitlyn) Anticipation Thread (NO SPOILERS)

• Start Topic

Not a spoiler any longer ... But I think TPTB had chosen Britt (and perhaps had already offered it to her) and were then surprised by the positive reaction to Kaitlyn, combined with an unexpected anti-Britt movement.

• Love 3

Chris H. is so full of shit. Bachelor Nation was divided...really? Because from what I've observed, every site had Kaitlyn voted as the runaway choice. And the studio audience couldn't even fake excitement over Britt. That was the most awkward pauses ever. It's clear the only ones "torn" here were the producers who clearly loved Britt and found a way to make her the Bachelorette when it became very clear the viewing audience had turned on her. Kaitlyn could not have looked less excited and I don't blame her. I for one will not tune in to a season of Britt's over the top doe eyed expressions and becoming the perfect character for every damn guy.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

Probably. I'll definitely check RS for as soon as he has news of who the guys pick, which will probably be Britt, and I'll know not to bother watching.

It's so obvious this is set up to have Britt be the choice. Because if they were so torn, the best thing would have been to make the viewers choose. After all they're the ones who would be watching. But they probably knew they would pick Kaitlyn by far, especially if the studio audience is anything to by.

I'm sure they've pulled together a bunch of guys who thought Britt was hot, so gee, wonder who they'll pick. But you know I was right about Juan Pablo being a mistake as The Bachelor, knew Chris was too boring and dull to carry a season. So I look forward to being right about a season with Britt being a mess.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Chris H. is so full of shit. Bachelor Nation was divided...really? Because from what I've observed, every site had Kaitlyn voted as the runaway choice. And the studio audience couldn't even fake excitement over Britt. That was the most awkward pauses ever. It's clear the only ones "torn" here were the producers who clearly loved Britt and found a way to make her the Bachelorette when it became very clear the viewing audience had turned on her. Kaitlyn could not have looked less excited and I don't blame her. I for one will not tune in to a season of Britt's over the top doe eyed expressions and becoming the perfect character for every damn guy.

I mean I don't know if I could sit through Britt on dates -- I mean it would be such a challenge to put up with all the "I means."

I'd be drunk now if I took a shot each time Britt flipped her hair back during her co-introduction with Kaitlyn as the next B'ettes, what a distraction. That, and the fact Kaitlyn was having none of this sharing of men, ha. I don't blame her, I'd rather she be the lone B'ette but I'm curious enough to see how the show handles this at the start. Where's a local viewing party when you need one? ;)

• Love 3

Granted, I think that Britt can be a pain in the ass.  And I, for one, wouldn't have the psychic energy to date her.

But, I do think that she is legitimately beautiful.  And I think that she will have the male contestants clamoring for time with her (and not just clamoring for time outside of the "mansion").  

And, if the "no rules" thing applies, I bet we'll see at least a few guys driving hard for the basket.

I think a Britt season could hold promise.

• Love 1

I can see this ending badly on multiple levels.  When they tried this with the Bachelor, weren't Byron and Jay fresh faces?  Kaitlyn and Britt both have had a season for people to get to know and like them.  

I can see where Kaitlyn says this is less than ideal. It is! At first I thought they would have to spend months worrying about this, but luckily filming starts soon. It's going to be spoiled pretty quickly anyway. I would personally rather see Kaitlyn as B'ette, but might just sit this one out on principle.

Based on his blog, it seemed Chris Harrison was really pulling for Britt to win and much of the viewing public wanted Kaitlynn. I think it's just a producer ploy to think that someone other than tptb determined it. Come on guys, go for personality!

Edited by Lilytiger
  • Love 2

Wow, people are pissed about this bullshit and twitter is having a meltdown, pretty much in favor of Kaitlyn. And apparently even former Bachelor/ette contestants are calling this out, though mostly just saying it's bullshit to have the women have to again be at the mercy of the guys rather than just picking one person and being done with it. But please, tell us again Chris Harrison, how Bachelor Nation is so conflicted about which woman should have been chosen. 

Ok, I'm confused. Are these 2 staying for the entire season or is one being dumped the 1st night?

One is being dumped the first night. They will meet the 25 guys who I assume won't know it's two women and presumably after the cocktail party, the guys will pick which woman they want to compete for and the other one goes home. It's similar to what they did on The Bachelor season with Byron and Jay.

Edited by truthaboutluv

I want to know quickly which woman is picked for the Bachelorette. If it's Britt I will be sitting out this season. I don't think they are trying to please the audience. They are doing what Chris Harrison and the rest of them want. That is Britt. She is fake.

• Love 2

I am shocked, shocked I tell you that the producers let the meh-ness toward Britt make it on air. It will probably be re-edited on the west coast for enthusiastic clapping for Britt. This is such a load of crap and I am not going to watch a season of fakery-fake Britt, just like I whiffed on watching a season of mean-girl Ali Fedotowsky. 

Kaitlyn looked pissed and I hope she bails on it.  She has nothing to lose by choosing not to participate.  

• Love 2
Ok, I'm confused. Are these 2 staying for the entire season or is one being dumped the 1st night?

Disclosure:  I tend to watch Bachelorette seasons to see the "stars" grow increasingly disappointed that most of the guys would rather "bro-out" with each other than actually pretend to get engaged.

In that regard, I think it would be awesome if they had the guys vote, and then send home the B'ette who gets the most votes.  

I will laugh if Britt is picked and actually makes a good B'ette and it's a good season. People tend to have high hopes for contestants (Juan Pablo, Chris S., Emily, Andi, etc) and end up hating them It'll be hilarious if the tide turns for Britt and with the ridiculous hate she is getting I am all for it. Also, people should be pissed at producers not Britt. She didn't ask for them to make that decision.

• Love 2

Well as I said before - I didn't have high hopes for most of these people (I thought Andi would make a good Bachelorette and barring her coldness to Nick at the end, she was a good one in my opinion). I knew Juan Pablo made no sense and Chris was going to be boring as hell and he was. So I'm sticking to my good record and saying Britt will be a mess but hey, maybe it'll be an entertaining mess. 

That being said, I don't know about anyone else but my irritation is with the producers, not Britt. She's just seizing an opportunity she was likely after from day one, fair enough. My issue is that the producers are just not being smart here. The viewers make the show by well, watching. Why unnecessarily piss them off by basically forcing someone most don't seem to want as the Bachelorette? Especially considering they and their shitty edit of her is what turned viewers off. 

But more than that, since they so clearly wanted her, then just pick her, opinions be damned. Forcing this "we just couldn't decide and viewers and Bachelor Nation were just so torn (which they clearly are not) that we'll leave it up to the guys on the night" is just bullshit. They went with Juan Pablo who half of the viewers were going "wait, who?" So if they wanted Britt so badly, just freaking go with her. The way they're going about it is bullshit and shitty to Kaitlyn because they're just dragging out the inevitable with her. They should have just done what they did to Arie - dump her at the last minute and just go with Britt.

• Love 9

I'll only watch this if the rejected bachelorette gets to go to an exile island/comeback canyon/2nd chance at love where she also goes on dates with either the guys who voted for her or the primary bachelorette's send-offs. Of course, those dates would need to be the "going to Sam's club" variety, but it would be interesting to see the side-by-side approach each woman would take. And of course Bachelorette number 1 couldn't know until broadcast. Who makes the better choices? Promo: one of these women finds love, who is it? Where's the better place to fall in love, a back yard bbq or Greece?

Edited by Meraji
  • Love 11

What a silly bachelorette announcement.

I was lmao when Britt got far less applause, and Harrison proclaimed it a tie. His pants should have immediately burst into liar liar pants on fire flames, and then he should have had to admit that he and/or other ptb are so caught up in some strange, frenzied "I'd shtupp that" obsession with Britt that they're going to foist her on Bachelor Nation no matter what.

• Love 6

Worst idea ever. I already posted my opinion in the episode thread. Glad to hear I'm not the only who thinks this is a bad idea. I just saw them on Jimmy Kimmel and he kept suggesting ideas that make it sound like the girls will both be around awhile. Some of his ideas would certainly make for a better season than the appalling one and done idea.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 1

People will still watch.  Love watch or hate watch, the franchise goose is still laying it's golden eggs for ABC, and people will watch. 

Britt said those magic words: "I still believe in the process".  

And honestly, the producers do not care who Bachelor Nation wants as lead.  They can't lose.  Because people will watch anyway. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

Well, I for one am thrilled. I really did not think Britt was still in the running.

Well, guys seem to go for the blow-up doll with a cabbage patch face [britt]

People have been calling her a blow-up doll. Why, exactly? She has a slender figure and modest chest. Far from a Jessica Rabbit-style hourglass shape.

Having said that...her face looked quite a bit rounder at TWTA and last night. Anyone else notice that?

Bachelor Nation was divided...really? Because from what I've observed, every site had Kaitlyn voted as the runaway choice.... It's clear the only ones "torn" here were the producers who clearly loved Britt and found a way to make her the Bachelorette when it became very clear the viewing audience had turned on her.

I'm Britt fan #1 but I can be objective and recognize that this is exactly what happened. TPTB were thrilled to have such as a beauty as the next Bachelorette--and RS said she was "extremely well liked" by the producers--and all she had to do was play nice for a few weeks before leaving. Just run out the clock. That didn't happen. The only "divide" was between the audience and TPTB.

Not that I'm complaining. Again, thrilled.

I'm sure they've pulled together a bunch of guys who thought Britt was hot, so gee, wonder who they'll pick.

That won't take any cherry-picking. (Mods, I'm trying to leave my own opinion out of this.) I think that among a random sample of 25 men, Britt would win. Especially when "preferences" don't play a role here. There's no blonde vs. brunette, dark-skinned vs. fair-skinned, tall vs. short, big vs. small breasts, etc. Both are white, slender, long-haired brunettes of average height.

In a way this is self-evident. Britt is not a "fan favorite." There were boos in the studio last night. She was made the co-Bachelorette just because she's so damn pretty, and the producers wouldn't pull this stunt if they thought she'd lose the vote.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 3

Total agreement, Bugs.  Ben was certainly not a "fan favorite", nor do I think Andi, Brad, Emily or Juan Pablo were.  While production tries to make it seem that the general public has some sort of voice in who they choose as lead, I just don't think it's true. 

I love Britt too, and if she's chosen, I think she will make every single guy on the show think he's the most interesting, hottest and most desireable guy on the planet. 

• Love 1

I love narcissistic and crazy so I am totally pulling for Britt.

A whole season of men at first throwing themselves into the quicksand of her psychosis and then trying to drag themselves out of the spiraling vapidity, I am so there for that!

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 6
I just saw them on Jimmy Kimmel and he kept suggesting ideas that make it sound like the girls will both be around awhile.

I didn't watch the Kimmel appearance but heard about it and seems based on things they said, Britt and Kaitlyn aren't even clear right now on how this is going to work. Seems they don't even know if one is leaving the first night or not. Wow, so how last minute was this Britt decision producers? And again, I say, if they want her so effing badly as the lead, just make her the lead. If Chris H. can sell that bullshit of viewers and fans being "so torn", with as straight a face as possible, even in the direct face of people all but booing her name, I'm sure he could have sold some bullshit as to why she was their pick.

Doing things this way makes no one happy far as I can tell. Some past contestants are annoyed, Sharleen and Catherine apparently were not having it on twitter last night and most viewers are pissed off. It's like what's the point? And if the women don't even yet know how this will work, it makes it seem like something they threw together last minute, clearly thinking it would be a win for the show. I don't see that.

Sure, people will watch (and for the record, ratings have fluctuated throughout the years so while yes people will watch, I can more than see ratings dipping from this season. Some Bachelor(ettes) have definitely had better ratings than others) but one of the appeal of the show has been the fans and/or "Bachelor Nation" rooting for this person. Sure some have been more liked than others but I honestly cannot remember a contestant seemingly so disliked and more importantly, negatively edited on the show, pushed so hard to be the lead. Even with Juan Pablo, people just didn't know who the hell he was since he left mid-season and never had a one on one. 

As Britt herself pointed out in the Women Tell All, the show was the one responsible for the editing where they so clearly juxtaposed Ashley I and Carly saying Britt told them she wasn't ready for marriage and didn't want kids, with Britt telling Chris she wants like a 100. There's no other reason to do that other than to play up the "Britt is phony, Britt is fake..." Chris' blog (the lead not Chris Harrison) during the season, which we know is really written by the producers, talked about not thinking she was trustworthy, feeling like she may have been phony, for the episode where she left.

So they worked their editing magic which succeeded in turning many viewers off and now are trying to sell some bullshit that those same viewers are so torn about who they want that they just couldn't pick? Though I will say, this is how you do know the AFTR is live, because watching Chris H. try to keep his poker face when that audience clearly was not having it with Britt, was hilarious. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Well, I for one am thrilled. I really did not think Britt was still in the running.

People have been calling her a blow-up doll. Why, exactly? She has a slender figure and modest chest. Far from a Jessica Rabbit-style hourglass shape.

Having said that...her face looked quite a bit rounder at TWTA and last night. Anyone else notice that?

I'm Britt fan #1 but I can be objective and recognize that this is exactly what happened. TPTB were thrilled to have such as a beauty as the next Bachelorette--and RS said she was "extremely well liked" by the producers--and all she had to do was play nice for a few weeks before leaving. Just run out the clock. That didn't happen. The only "divide" was between the audience and TPTB.

Not that I'm complaining. Again, thrilled.

That won't take any cherry-picking. (Mods, I'm trying to leave my own opinion out of this.) I think that among a random sample of 25 men, Britt would win. Especially when "preferences" don't play a role here. There's no blonde vs. brunette, dark-skinned vs. fair-skinned, tall vs. short, big vs. small breasts, etc. Both are white, slender, long-haired brunettes of average height.

In a way this is self-evident. Britt is not a "fan favorite." There were boos in the studio last night. She was made the co-Bachelorette just because she's so damn pretty, and the producers wouldn't pull this stunt if they thought she'd lose the vote.

The blow up doll comparison has to do with her "O" mouth she made every time an announcement was made. Blow up dolls are designed with "O" mouths, I guess to show their shock and amazement ?

It's funny, because I will not "watch anyway" if Britt becomes the season-long bachelorette.  I've sat out before, and I'm prepared to sit out again.  Not that one measly viewer means anything in the grand scheme of things.  I don't hate Britt, but I'm not interested in seeing her cry her way though 25 guys, my little pony hair or not. 

• Love 1

Britt won't be the same person if she becomes Bachelorette no. 1. There won't be any reason for her to turn on the waterworks if she feels like she is being rejected because she won't be--she would be the one doing the rejecting. But she will still be pretty. Britt also might be more comfortable rejecting men than Kaitlyn.

Since they became a big part of her storyline, Kaitlyn's "walls" which I believe means insecurity? would still be in place--she might be one of the Bachelorettes who doesn't trust that the men really like her, or pick one right off the bat that she thinks does like her. That might be tiresome over an entire season.

I imagine the producers ran these two women's clips past a few focus groups to see which one would drive higher ratings and Britt ranked higher. Rather than piss off the known viewership of "Bachelor Nation" (Mr MML kept asking me who Bachelor Nation is), they are trying to seem like it will be the bachelors' decision and out of their hands. (Mr MML said immediately the men will choose Britt and also that he could hardly stand to watch her just on Jimmy Kimmel with her new habit of constant hair flipping).

I am sure we will watch no matter what--the guys are so much more fun as a group, regardless of who is the Bachelorette. And hope the Bachelorette brings the crazy. Because it will be an amazing journey.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2

My first thought was to bail on a season full of Britt but I have a feeling come May, my TV will find itself tuned into ABC on Monday nights, just to see the bromances and to see the dumbasses that Fleiss cast trying their best to become the next Bachelor.

But I do wish Kaitlyn would tell Fleiss to shove it but she has probably already signed the contract so if she wants her paycheck, she has to play nice.  Pity.

I imagine the producers ran these two women's clips past a few focus groups to see which one would drive higher ratings and Britt ranked higher.

I doubt it was so involved. As I said, I think they clearly wanted Britt and maybe underestimated the edit they themselves gave her and when they realized just how much viewers had turned on her, they threw in this bullshit to make her the Bachelorette, where they could say "well these guys who we swear were just randomly picked decided she is who they wanted to fight for so not up to us." Sure...whatever. 

I am sure we will watch no matter what--the guys are so much more fun as a group, regardless of who is the Bachelorette.

Not me. I haven't watched a bunch of seasons - didn't watch Jake, Ali, Deanna, Sean, bailed out some weeks ago on Chris and even Des who I had nothing against, I bailed out after the second episode. I will have no problems not watching a season of Britt. 

Since they became a big part of her storyline, Kaitlyn's "walls" which I believe means insecurity?

I didn't get the sense that Kaitlyn's "walls" were that she was insecure in herself or belief in guys wanting her but more that she's afraid to be vulnerable. So she keeps her guard up and hides behind her humor because that's easier than being vulnerable and risking getting her heart broken. A person can be confident in their looks and appeal but still be concerned about being hurt. It's basically that attitude of not letting someone have the power to hurt them. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I may watch regardless. I skipped Ben, Sean, Andi, and most of Chris, so it feels like I'm overdue to watch a full season. But I DVR and FF through the boring parts, so it's about a 15-30 minute show for me even in a good season.

However, I'm likely to watch more minutes of Kaitlyn than Britt.

I think Chris Harrison should just ask Britt out and get it over with. He has no wife anymore and a half time family so if he can pick who he is going to spend his time with he's picking Britt and we don't factor in.

Isn't Chris a producer now, so he has more influence on the show, hence we get the "there are no rules" "two bachelorettes!"

• Love 2
One is being dumped the first night. They will meet the 25 guys who I assume won't know it's two women and presumably after the cocktail party, the guys will pick which woman they want to compete for and the other one goes home.

Damn it. I came in here to see if this was actually the case. Hopefully the producers change their minds and allow both girls to stay on the show the entire time. What if during the first episode 12 of the guys like Kaitlyn and 13 like Britt? That would suck for the 12 guys who wanted to pursue Kaitlyn only for her to get taken away. And then if I were Britt, I'd be apprehensive about going on dates with the guys who didn't vote for her. Unless they keep the voting a secret, but still. The winner will always have an underlying feeling of knowing someone didn't choose her during their first impression. (I doubt the decision would be unanimous.)

I just can't imagine the producers passing up the opportunity for huge drama between the two girls later on in the season. Imagine if they both had strong feelings for the same guy? We could have love triangle cat fights in exotic locations! There could be date swaps where Britt, Kaitlyn, Guy #1, and Guy #2 have a double date and are forced to trade girls halfway through. They could show us Kaitlyn and Britt bickering over which men to keep because they have to make a mutual decision during the rose ceremony. Come on, producers. How can you pass up all that drama up just for the gimmick of kicking one girl off during the very first episode? At least stretch the gimmick out the entire season.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3

I think it will be challenging for Kaitlyn to fully "be herself" with the guys on night one, who'll likely be flocking towards the pretty like moths to light. Some guys tire of beautiful women who end up being too insecure or needy or demanding or chatty (in general, not saying anything specific about Britt) and sometimes end up liking easy-going funny women more if they have opportunity to get to know them. So idk if Kaitlyn would stand much of a shot if it's one and done, it seems like such a cluster to have one lead get around to talk with everyone before the cutting begins, let alone having two leads compete for attention.

• Love 1

I knew from the moment Chris H asked Britt during the WTA "Why did you come on this show?", and Britt said it was for all the right reasons, that she'd be returning to the franchise in one way or another. They spent way too much time on challenging all of the unflattering things about her that were truly based on editing/gossip. And I do think Britt was fairly successful. She can definitely come off fake because her voice and face are so animated/expressive, but I do think she's genuine. Based on her social media persona, she is the kind of person who tries to remain positive NO MATTER WHAT, to the extent that it exudes a fake attitude. Instead of just admitting the "ugly" parts of human emotion that everyone feels (jealousy, insecurity, etc.) she tries to stay above it all and that 's just not realistic on a show like this... so, I'm cutting her a break. 

Between the two girls, I didn't realize how much I was rooting for Britt until right before it was announced. Kaitlyn is very likable in a "I wish she was my bestie" kind of way, but there's something about Britt that I want to WATCH ( and no, it's not just her hair). I'm happy with the non-decision and I think it does make for good TV.

Edited by Libby613
  • Love 3

They did it before with unknowns. Also, that season was awful.

Sorry men, this show is squarely aimed at women. It wouldn't exist if just men watched it. The women for the most part apparently don't want Britt.

The B ette was supposed turn the formula of women desperately competing for a questionably handsome and successful man on its head. Now we get the same old shit where the men still get to decide, at least in the beginning. That sucks.

• Love 7

Someone above explained the blow up doll comparison. But yes, Britt did look like she added some (much needed, IMO) weight. I'm not skinny shaming, or fat shaming anyone, but in my opinion, Britt was definitely super, super thin. She looked like a Survivor contestant. Pretty, but just stick thin. Not a lot of body to her, unlike Jade who has a rocking body.

But Britt definitely laid off the makeup at the ATFR for sure and it paid off..she looked good. And she looked fuller.

That said, she knows what she's doing and I think she'll win the vote from the guys. I'm not thrilled, unlike you..haha. I like Kaitlyn and I think she got screwed over with this change to the format. RS said she was pretty much set in stone as the Bachelorette. I look forward to the guy's 'pick' getting spoiled literally five minutes after it happens. And it will get spoiled right away..unless they keep the guys, the Bachelorette and the loser in captivity until the show airs.

They did it before with unknowns.

This. Someone else said this at another board and I saw their point. No one really knew Jay or Byron - it was just spoiled that there were two bachelors the women would have to choose between. Then viewers watched the first episode and really barely had a chance to truly like or become attached to either before the women picked Byron. The whole point of the returning contestants, so said the producers some seasons ago, is that viewers already have some attachment, knowledge or just general feelings towards them.

So the issue with this mess is that you have your factions and people who really liked one woman or another and therefore more chance to be annoyed. Not to mention again the edit they themselves created for Britt that turned so many viewers off her. So not surprisingly she is the one getting the brunt of the negativity in reaction to this decision, though not always directly.

I'm really surprised at how many former contestants are boldly showing support for Kaitlyn while saying the decision is bullshit. Like Sharleen for example just expressed annoyance with the decision in general without commenting on one woman or the other. However there was a lot of hashtag Kaitlyn going around on twitter. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I think this is awesome! I like both women and think it would be great if they were co-bachs for a few episodes at least, but it will probably be just one of them after the first ep.

Kaitlyn looked pissed during that whole segment, and Britt (who is normally beaaaautiful) looked worse than ever? Strange.

I don't think the reason they decided to do this is bc Chris has a hard on for Britt. It's probably because:

- the Bachelorette ratings have been going downhill (I believe Andi's was the lowest yet, and even Chris said he couldn't understand why bc he thought it was one of the best seasons) so they have to change it up somehow

- Bachelor Chris's season has rejuvenated the franchise's ratings, bc they casted more crazies/emotional women who brought on more drama, so they are hoping to carry this on to the next Bachelorette season

- the guys who have been cast/are being casted say they want Britt more

- they know Britt would bring it in the drama/emotions department - Kaitlyn's season would be really fun and chill but a Britt season would be high drama, which seems to bring in the ratings

So because Bachelor Nation wants Kaitlyn and the producers think Britt will bring in higher ratings they decided to do this. They can easily make us like Britt again in the first episode, and even those who refuse to watch can get sucked back in once they hear about all the drama happening in proceeding episodes.

• Love 2
I feel like putting it on a billboard that they've done this on The Bachelor. Why didn't CH mention that last night? It would have undercut all this "unfair to women" stuff.

Because then they couldn't promo it as THE. FIRST. TIME EVERRRRRR!!!!!!!!  Sometimes their hucksterism gets the best of their common sense.

As far as Kaitlyn, I don't see this as Britt infringing on her season.  I don't think Kaitlyn was ever seriously in consideration as a Bachelorette.  She just didn't get the edit she would have if she was.  I don't think they would've emphasized the "plow the fuck out of my fields" and shown her mocking other 'ettes.

Rather, I agree with Truthaboutluv that this was all about creating cover for Britt.  Maybe they didn't anticipate the tepid reaction Britt would get from the studio audience.  But as someone alluding to above, they could've just told us how much "Bachelor Nation" was yearning for Britt.  That would've been at least as plausible (or implausible) as "Bachelor Nation being torn in half".  But then again that would've deprived them of the "First time Everrrrr" meme.

I stand by my intuition that the crazy train got away from Fleiss & Co. this season.  All anyone was talking about this season was crazy Ashley, who bulldozed over all the single-moms and other sob-story mid-season boots, and crazy Kelsey who also blew up "virgin" Ashley's game.  Jillian blew up her own game by deciding to joke about sex with homeless people and (on a show devoted to fictional futures) saying that planning was for pussies.

That didn't leave a lot of options.  

I feel like putting it on a billboard that they've done this on The Bachelor. Why didn't CH mention that last night? It would have undercut all this "unfair to women" stuff.

This is what I wanted to comment on. I didn't watch the Byron season but if they did the same exact thing with men, no one can say it is sexist. I was hoping, however, that it would be two Bachelorettes for at least a few episodes, maybe until fantasy suites if that's not too much to ask. I wanted this to be Real Chance at Love. That actually had an interesting dynamic, with the girls having to pick sides and the drama was when they wanted to switch to the other guy.

This. Someone else said this at another board and I saw their point. No one really knew Jay or Byron - it was just spoiled that there were two bachelors the women would have to choose between. Then viewers watched the first episode and really barely had a chance to truly like or become attached to either before the women picked Byron. The whole point of the returning contestants, so said the producers some seasons ago, is that viewers already have some attachment, knowledge or just general feelings towards them.

I mean, yes it sucks for Kaitlyn if she ends up not being picked on night 1 (if that's what they are really doing), but come on, no one is promised Bachelorette. It's already winning when you have prominently been on one season of Bachelor with a positive edit. She has a ticket to go out and get the hottest guys to date her. She can look at this with a positive spin and say, I got a bonus episode. If more, great.

If the only difference between the coming season of Bachelorette and Season 6 Bachelor is that viewers were attached to Kaitlyn, then it's only viewers that are hurt. It's not more hurtful to Kaitlyn than it was to Jay. If anything, it is better for Kaitlyn, since she has tons of fan support and it opens up lots of other opportunities whereas Jay was completely forgotten. Kaitlyn is a strong woman and she can handle it just fine if she's sent home on the first episode. 

I think this is awesome! I like both women and think it would be great if they were co-bachs for a few episodes at least, but it will probably be just one of them after the first ep.

Kaitlyn looked pissed during that whole segment, and Britt (who is normally beaaaautiful) looked worse than ever? Strange.

I don't think the reason they decided to do this is bc Chris has a hard on for Britt. It's probably because:

- the Bachelorette ratings have been going downhill (I believe Andi's was the lowest yet, and even Chris said he couldn't understand why bc he thought it was one of the best seasons) so they have to change it up somehow

- Bachelor Chris's season has rejuvenated the franchise's ratings, bc they casted more crazies/emotional women who brought on more drama, so they are hoping to carry this on to the next Bachelorette season

- the guys who have been cast/are being casted say they want Britt more

- they know Britt would bring it in the drama/emotions department - Kaitlyn's season would be really fun and chill but a Britt season would be high drama, which seems to bring in the ratings

So because Bachelor Nation wants Kaitlyn and the producers think Britt will bring in higher ratings they decided to do this. They can easily make us like Britt again in the first episode, and even those who refuse to watch can get sucked back in once they hear about all the drama happening in proceeding episodes.

100% agree that "Bachelor Nation is divided" = Producers wanted Britt; female fans wanted Kaitlyn. I'm not saying let's ignore female fans, but the guys in casting are probably leaning Britt and you don't want a situation where the guys get there, pull up in the limo, and are disappointed. Then you get the awful Ashley season.

• Love 3

For the record, I'm not outraged on Kaitlyn's behalf and think she was somehow owed or deserved the title. My issue is that the producers are full of shit. As I noted in my previous posts, if they wanted Britt as they so clearly seem to, then they should have just picked her period...end of story. It's the bullshit "we just couldn't decide and even viewers were so torn" (all while there are practically boos in the audience when Britt's name is called), I call bullshit on. 

And the point of mentioning that no one knew Jay or Byron is to the point I made again about Britt's edit. The fact of the matter is the producers themselves were the ones who edited her as they did that allowed viewers to turn on her and not like her. They did that. And now, when they succeeded a bit too well with the negative edit, they're trying to force some bullshit because what do you know, most viewers aren't in favor of her as the Bachelorette. 

The whole thing is really just a mess in ,my opinion. They liked Britt, wanted her as the Bachelorette, well they could and should have edited the show entirely differently. But they didn't - they left in every bad moment she had, left in comments about her not showering, juxtaposed scenes of her being wide-eyed excited about something, with scenes of the other women declaring she said just the opposite. Left in and pretty much drew out her complete and utter bitch-fest meltdown after Chris gave Kaitlyn the group date rose. It's ridiculous.

Though I now see others were right in thinking it was suspicious when for the Tell All they focused solely on Carly talking to Chris and never mentioned or showed Britt's huge meltdown at Chris after he gave the rose to Kaitlyn. That was seemingly completely erased and like it never happened and instead it was made like only Carly's speaking to Chris caused her to be eliminated and changed his feelings for her.

But whatever, it is what is. As I said, I personally have zero interest in a season with Britt and as I've passed on many seasons in the past, this should be no different. Maybe because I'm not a guy but I've never seen the overwhelming hotness. I think she's cute with a 10 pounds of hair on her head but that's it. Her whole "I hug everyone and give free hugs" schtick creeped me out from the first episode because as an introvert I find people like that incredibly annoying. And her big doe-eyed stares and breaking into tears that never seem to actually fall also does not interest me in any way. So yeah, I'll pass. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
My issue is that the producers are full of shit. As I noted in my previous posts, if they wanted Britt as they so clearly seem to, then they should have just picked her period...end of story. It's the bullshit "we just couldn't decide and even viewers were so torn" (all while there are practically boos in the audience when Britt's name is called), I call bullshit on.

* * * The fact of the matter is the producers themselves were the ones who edited her as they did that allowed viewers to turn on her and not like her. They did that.

I'm really curious how this all went down, because TPTB do seem to have been 100% committed to having Britt as the next Bachelorette.  And it can't just be because they think she's cute.  They're network TV producers.  They don't exactly have to go chasing tail.

I think the edit they gave Britt was a function of Britt not giving them much else to work with.  Given the way she left, they may have decided to try to edit her as the victim of a "mean girl" pile-on.  (i.e. they thought the comments about Britt not showering or wearing make-up to bed or whatever, reflected worse on the women criticizing her than they did on Britt).

And even last night, amidst the audience's obvious preference for Kaitlyn, Britt was out there trying to act like (and being treated) like a gracious winner and Kaitlyn was the one who appeared to have been given a consolation prize.

I'm cautiously looking forward to a season of Britt.  But I'd really like to know why TPTB were so determined to make her the Bachelorette.

• Love 1

I love Britt too, and if she's chosen, I think she will make every single guy on the show think he's the most interesting, hottest and most desireable guy on the planet.

That'll be the biggest entertainment factor right there -- watching Britt split into 25 different personalities as she tries to appeal to 25 different men. "You're a concert pianist? I love classical music!" "You're a comics collector? I love comics!" "You're a pharmaceutical rep? I love drugs!" At some point her head is bound to explode.

And even last night, amidst the audience's obvious preference for Kaitlyn, Britt was out there trying to act like (and being treated) like a gracious winner and Kaitlyn was the one who appeared to have been given a consolation prize.

Britt reminded me of a practiced pageant contestant last night, with the big pouffy hair and plastered on smile and "gracious acceptance speech." Kaitlyn seemed like how a real person behaves.

I'll end up watching, though I hate the concept. I haven't missed an episode since the premiere however many years ago. Plus, I'll need to watch to figure out who the next bachelor will be. ABC has me in its clutches. I don't really dislike Britt, either, but I don't like ABC trying to force contestants on me. I never bought into Emily, either, who the producers decided everyone "loved." I knew she was fake from the get-go (like Britt), more into the fame than the romance.

A good summary of reactions to the twist announcement, especially from former contestants.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 6

I am not angry at Britt, I am more sad for Kaitlyn. They are using her and sure, she signed up for it but it just isn't right. Kaitlyn is the fan favorite and no B-ette prior to her had to share their moment and get it taken away by someone who is disliked by majority of the viewers. It's humiliating. This is just TPTB's way of justifying Britt as The B-ette instead of Kaitlyn. I hope Kaitlyn enjoys her one episode.

• Love 1

I'm sad for Kaitlyn, too, because it appears she was asked to be the Bachelorette (singular), which had to be thrilling for her. But then the producers come back and tell her she now has to share. Of course she's disappointed and hurt, especially when it's the woman who was angry when Chris gave her the rose, and downtalked her to Chris because she mooned him at the lake. They aren't friends. And now if she's really competing with her, she knows already that Britt gives good first impressions, as the winner of that rose, so she's highly likely to be able to charm the guys the first night and "win." It sucks for Kaitlyn. 

• Love 4

It'll be interesting to see how many men they bring onto the show for next season will have watched this season to get an understanding of what each of the women are like.

Many have said that based on initial impressions, I think Britt will probably win out... she did get the first impression rose after all, and I think Kaitlyn really became more appealing as we got to know her personality. I'm really hoping they'll go with Kaitlyn, but I have a sinking suspicion that it's going to be Britt.

Hopefully the men will be somewhat informed about the two.

Why in the hell do former contestants think anybody give a damn about their opinions?  They are OVER, unless invited to the next BIP.  If not, they are no longer relevant, so their opinions mean precisely squat and they can shut their pie-holes!

• Love 1

Also, to be fair to the former contestants, they aren't exactly forcing their opinions down anyone's throats. Pretty much all the opinions and comments were posted on their social media, no different that millions of people do everyday. If a person doesn't care what they think, you just simply don't have to read it or follow them. 

• Love 3