Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Britt & Kaitlyn) Anticipation Thread (NO SPOILERS)

• Start Topic

That'll be the biggest entertainment factor right there -- watching Britt split into 25 different personalities as she tries to appeal to 25 different men. "You're a concert pianist? I love classical music!" "You're a comics collector? I love comics!" "You're a pharmaceutical rep? I love drugs!" At some point her head is bound to explode.

That may be the only redeeming factor of a Britt season. And I suppose if we want to slam every ER in the country with alcohol poisoning cases, we could just drink every time she tosses that ridiculous fake hair!

• Love 2

Question: What is "Bachelor Nation"? Chris H. is always talking about it, there are Bachelor Nation viewing parties. But what and where the heck is it? Is it just online post sites like this one or is there a REAL Bachelor Nation?

Inquiring minds want to know where the "heartbeat" of this show can be found.

I may be wrong, but I thought Bachelor Nation was originally a term for the contestant family that's been growing and growing since the first season (they have parties and get togethers, and share famewhore longings and dreams of Bachelor Pad casting.) Or maybe that was just called the "Bachelor Family." Bachelor Nation is just their dorky term for the fan base in general -- I don't think it really "lives" anywhere, but the abc bachelor forum is pretty active.

• Love 2

I think "Bachelor Family"* are the ex-contestants, and "Bachelor Nation" are the people who throw the rabid viewing parties and sit in the studio audience. 

*That's one hell of an incestuous "family".

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2

I'm fairly certain "Bachelor Nation" refers to the viewers/fans; it's the same for WWE except the fans are called the WWE Universe.

I may have to check out this dual Bachelorette season since I have no horse in the race…and it already sounds train-wrecky.

I saw the Byron/Jay season, and I thought that worked from a logistical standpoint. But I'd like to see them change it up this time and have both girls around in some way for a while. Even a web series with the "loser" hanging out with or visiting some of the rejected guys could be fun.

But I'm not sure TPTB really grasp the notion of "fun" anymore. YMMV, but I think this show has come to take itself way too seriously and has lost whatever lightness it ever had.

• Love 6

I read "somewhere" that this move was just a ploy to piss off the spoilers--the men will actually magically pick Kaitlyn anyway. Britt might in the first episode redeem herself a little to "Bachelor Nation" and thus be more acceptable as a future Bachelorette.

BTW I am pretty sure Bachelor Nation is located near Bali or Antigua and is accessible only via helicopter or yacht. A tiny BA terrritory exists in Arlington, Iowa and requires a John Deere to get to..

• Love 3

Well to add more fodder to the whole thing, apparently Michelle Money interviewed some of the women from the season (don't ask me what kind of interview or how - I guess maybe she has some Bachelor type show. This was just stuff I read online) and apparently Jillian, not surprisingly, has been in contact with Britt and says that Britt was only asked very recently to be the Bachelorette. And she knew when she was asked that it would be her and Kaitlyn. According to Jillian, it also does seem that Britt at least believes it will be the guys choosing which woman they want to compete for the first night and then the other one leaves. She also added that Britt is very confident about her chances (well I just bet she is). 

Meanwhile, Samantha (I think, might have to look up the post again) who is contact with Kaitlyn, says that Kaitlyn was told awhile ago she would be the Bachelorette and as far as she knew that was it. And then she was informed about Britt joining her only a few days before the live announcement was made which certainly aligns with Jillian's story. She didn't say how Kaitlyn is feeling about it but I think we can all assume she's not thrilled and if this is all true, it just further proves that girl was basically given the shaft. 

Seems they're pulling an Arie on her but at least they just yanked the gig from Arie and gave it to Chris. But Kaitlyn now has to go through the process of being rejected by multiple guys because the toolish producers were so desperate to make "free hugger" the Bachelorette while getting some free publicity at the same time with this dueling Bachelorette bullshit. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Well to add more fodder to the whole thing, apparently Michelle Money interviewed some of the women from the season (don't ask me what kind of interview or how - I guess maybe she has some Bachelor type show. This was just stuff I read online) and apparently Jillian, not surprisingly, has been in contact with Britt and says that Britt was only asked very recently to be the Bachelorette. And she knew when she was asked that it would be her and Kaitlyn. According to Jillian, it also does seem that Britt at least believes it will be the guys choosing which woman they want to compete for the first night and then the other one leaves. She also added that Britt is very confident about her chances (well I just bet she is). 

Meanwhile, Samantha (I think, might have to look up the post again) who is contact with Kaitlyn, says that Kaitlyn was told awhile ago she would be the Bachelorette and as far as she knew that was it. And then she was informed about Britt joining her only a few days before the live announcement was made which certainly aligns with Jillian's story. She didn't say how Kaitlyn is feeling about it but I think we can all assume she's not thrilled and if this is all true, it just further proves that girl was basically given the shaft. 

That's exactly what I saw on the ATFR show, based on their reactions. Some Britt fans elsewhere were saying how Britt was so much more grateful and gracious than Kaitlyn, as if they both received the same offer at the same time, but it was obvious to me that wasn't the case at all. It was a fresh "get" for Britt, and a fresh "take away" for Kaitlyn, so of course Kaitlyn looked a little put out, and Britt was thrilled and excited. Especially since I'm sure Britt thinks she'll be able to charm all the guys the first night like she did Chris, with her long hugs, and hair flips and gazing into their eyes.

About my Bachelor Nation question ... I'm just wondering how Chris H. says BN wants one B-ette or the other when I never got to vote other than to express my opinion here. Plus those viewing parties ... the one held for the finale at the Dubuque hotel even had a guy there from near Chicago. How did he find out about it while I, who lives WAY closer to Dubuque, never knew a thing? Should I be reading over at ABC.com?

Some people are saying that the audience boos are proof that Bachelor Nation doesn't want Britt. However, that audience wasn't necessarily representative of Bachelor Nation. It's not like they just polled THAT audience or that Harrison was going to, on the fly, say, "Sorry, Britt. Kaitlyn got a couple more cheers right this minute, so you're out!" Someone had posted that Fleiss tweeted a survey asking Kaitlyn or Britt for Bachelorette. I don't know about the results, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was close. It also sounds like the the producers/staff were split 50/50, too. I think on this board we're pretty evenly split, too. I mean right now perhaps there are a few more comments about Kaitlyn being robbed and people saying they won't watch Britt. However, when we were speculating earlier on in the season, this board was DEFINITELY weighed heavier toward it has to be Britt because no one else stands out the way she does. We were hard-pressed to come up with someone else who would compare. I feel like Kaitlyn is the one who fell into it simply because she was #3, and the bronze medalist usually gets it. If she finished fourth or second, would we be cheering "Kaitlyn! Kaitlyn!"? Can't say that I would. In fact, I'm still Team Britt. I think she personally would make for a better season. It doesn't bother me that she had some bitchy moments. I'm a Wrong Reasons viewer, so I don't care whether Britt or Kaitlyn finds a husband. I just want to be entertained along the way. And I think Britt is much more primed to make an entertaining season. Yes, by the time she gives each guy her patented 2-minute long hugs, we'll have wasted an hour of the show, but they will be putty in her arms. Kaitlyn, by comparison, would end up with a season of bros as she friend zones herself. I mean, on a scale of Britt (sultry) to Becca (devoid of feelings), Kaitlyn comes in right under Becca. But if Becca wasn't on this show, we'd say that Kaitlyn was the cold fish. I'd rather have someone over-the-top like Britt than walled off like Kaitlyn. My Bachelor Nation vote goes to Britt. I am very much looking forward to Britt "reinventing herself" for each guy and forgetting what she pretends to like with each one. That will be Wrong Reasons gold right there! Of course, now that Kaitlyn will have to compete with Britt, she'll need to step up her game. I can see these guys coming out of the limos, Britt gives a 2-minute hug, Kaitlyn's like, damn, now what do I do to get him to notice me?! Her jokes will get increasingly raunchy and asburd until she's wandering around picking pomegranates and talking to cats, as all of the guys are huddled around Britt. Corgi beat me to mentioning "Real Chance of Love." (RIP, Real!) Yes, that's my hope, too! It would be awesome if they did keep both ladies all season and then set it up the same way. On that show the guys DID sometimes offer the rose to the same person, but the woman had to choose which rose to accept. Of course, the next week, the other guy could steal her away to his side. It really was an interesting dynamic.

• Love 3
BTW I am pretty sure Bachelor Nation is located near Bali or Antigua and is accessible only via helicopter or yacht. A tiny BA terrritory exists in Arlington, Iowa and requires a John Deere to get to..

Bachelor Nation is actually an old colonial possession of the Kingdom of Valtrex.

And Rhondinella is right.  I can't imagine a season of this:

the-bachelor-women-tell-all-kaitlyn-bris

• Love 6

I saw the Byron/Jay season, and I thought that worked from a logistical standpoint. But I'd like to see them change it up this time and have both girls around in some way for a while. Even a web series with the "loser" hanging out with or visiting some of the rejected guys could be fun.

But I'm not sure TPTB really grasp the notion of "fun" anymore. YMMV, but I think this show has come to take itself way too seriously and has lost whatever lightness it ever had.

Totally agree. I think that season "worked," but why do just a flipped version of that series (with - as others have pointed out - the added liability that the two leads this time around are familiar and well-liked by some subsets of viewers)? 

Mix it up a bit! The early seasons had more unpredictability. This past season felt so formulaic: this one's getting a "crazy" edit; that one's getting a "villain" edit; etc. Wanna make things actually interesting, rather than ginning up drama from misleading edits? Change the formula after night 1. Some have commented that the viewers will keep coming back regardless. So why not try something different?

I like the webisode idea - could be bonus content on ABC.com. ChosenB'ette cuts a bunch of guys and odds are some of them had been interested in NotchosenB'ette. Send them on dates, watch sparks fly (or not) and see if a relationship takes off between her and one of the guys.

• Love 3

Britt gives a 2-minute hug, Kaitlyn's like, damn, now what do I do to get him to notice me?!

A nice firm crotch-grab and an ear-nibble might do the trick.  And she's definitely the girl to do it!

• Love 2

If speculation is true that it's already set up for the guys to choose Kaitlyn, then it's probably just to further help "bachelor nation" to feel sorry for Britt. Thus, setting her up as the 'girl who lost potential love' and is given another chance by making her a future Bachelorette.

If speculation is true that it's already set up for the guys to choose Kaitlyn, then it's probably just to further help "bachelor nation" to feel sorry for Britt. Thus, setting her up as the 'girl who lost potential love' and is given another chance by making her a future Bachelorette.

Our memories are too short for that. Who knows what Bachelorette candidates The Bachelor 2016 will produce.

Whichever doesn't stay on as lead will probably be on Bachelor in Paradise.  This franchise is always going to have a 2nd act for the most compelling folks.  Look how many times they've been able to recycle Michelle Money!  *LOL*

I'm done commenting on Chris's season, so I hope Reality Steve gets us good spoilers for this show quick.  Either girl is fine with me, I'm all in!

• Love 1

My fînal conspiracy theory, which I have come up with all by myself in my paranoid tiny brain, is that the producers are afraid something racy might surface from one of the two women's pasts and taint the honest purity of the amazing journey. This idea also supports Arie's temporary co-candidacy, as the dirt on Chris's DUIs was being filtered by the tabloids. If the final pick isn't Kaitlyn, I will be even more suspicious about this.

If one of the two women is voted off the very first night, will she have to hide for two months until the show starts? I can't see them doing that and I can't see it not being pretty publicly spoiled, so maybe BNB (Bachelor Nation Broadcasting haha) will release that information themselves in the most dramatic press release ever.

• Love 1

Chris Harrison addressed that very thing in one of his last interviews, MakeMeLaugh.  They know by now that social media will make public the results of that first night, so he said they might issue their own press release regarding which girl stays.  No way the one not chosen is going into seclusion for the duration of the shoot.

I like your conspiracy theory.  But we need lots more of them to get this season kicked off right!

Fleiss & Co. don't seem very concerned about early-season spoilers anymore.  Look at how many early group dates are held in very public venues with lots of on-lookers watching, and filming on their phones, etc.

I suspect that they'll do a "big reveal" on the Jimmy Kimmel show whenever the choice between Kaitlyn and Britt is made.

• Love 2

When does taping start so I know when I can be put out of my misery and know if I will be subjected to far too much time with Britt or if I will luck out and it turns out to be Kaitlyn?  

When does taping start so I know when I can be put out of my misery and know if I will be subjected to far too much time with Britt or if I will luck out and it turns out to be Kaitlyn?  

As early as tonight, I believe!

I prefer Britt. I can't shake the impression that Kaitlyn sees the whole thing as a joke.

And I don't buy for one second that Britt is looking for a husband. Honestly I don't think either one really is. So I can't hold Kaitlyn's being someone who makes jokes, especially if she's nervous, against her anymore that I would the fact that Britt is no more looking for a husband but rather extending her 15 minutes of fame.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

I totally understand that long, thick, healthy hair is very attractive, but the amount of extensions Britt wears is just ridiculous. She's already toned the makeup way down, I'm sure at producer/stylist request - is there any hope she could be persuaded to take out 50% of the extensions before filming for The Bachelorette starts? And stop touching/flipping her hair so much? She did it so much on Kimmel, it looked like a nervous tic. I can't imagine anyone finding that attractive.

• Love 2

Thanks (NOT REALLY!) for that photo of Kaitlyn, Alapaki. She did not have those duck lips at the beginning of TB. Did she get botoxed during her hometown visit?

I kept looking for Kaitlyn's arm tats when she and Britt came on stage during ATFR. I found it interesting Britt had on the long sleeves while Kaitlyn wore sleeveless. And yeah, those tats were there. They still look like weed to me. Anyone know what they really are?

I can imagine Kaitlyn meeting the bachelors: "Chris wasn't able to plow my field so I have plenty of acreage left for you to f*cking mow if you want."

As for Britt's hair flipping: If they made that illegal, ALL of the b-ettes would be sent home in handcuffs. Britt doesn't have an exclusive on it. I don't remember any b-ette who did NOT hair flip this season. And Kelsey during WTA ... GAH! Kaitlyn also couldn't keep her grubs off her hair during ATFR or Kimmel. So there's that.

• Love 1

I kept looking for Kaitlyn's arm tats when she and Britt came on stage during ATFR. I found it interesting Britt had on the long sleeves while Kaitlyn wore sleeveless. And yeah, those tats were there. They still look like weed to me. Anyone know what they really are?

If you Google Kaitlyn's name and click Images, the first thing you'll learn is that she has an unfortunate (given those duck lips) tendency to take close-up Selfies.  But you'll also see this photo, which appears to show the tattoos being some sort of birds:

The-Bachelor-2015-Spoilers-Week-6-Previe

Hey, thanks Alapaki, for that Kaitlyn arm tat photo. They are swallows, or at least some sort of swallow-tailed birds. And feel free, anyone, to insert a gross Kaitlyn "swallow" joke here.

Still ... dueling bird tats on the backs of both arms ... odd. Must be a story there somewhere.

ETA: Man, I don't recognize any of those women in that photo. Go figure, hey? I'm guessing they were b-ettes since there's Chris Soules.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

ETA: Man, I don't recognize any of those women in that photo. Go figure, hey? I'm guessing they were b-ettes since there's Chris Soules.

Those are Meghan, Jade, and Whitney. There's another one, but she's 99% obscured by Kaitlyn.

Edited by chocolatine

She's the one who thought New Mexico is abroad and has beaches.

How sad is it that I remembered Meghan's "foreign country travel" comments early this morning, when there was no reason for TB to be in my mind whatsoever. Thanks, chocolatine, for confirming what dredged itself up out of my memory!

• Love 1

There's so much discussion over the new Bachelorette "twist" and how this season will play out that I've started this thread just for anticipatory discussion, NON-SPOILED speculation, griping about how much the producers love Britt, rants about how much you hate Britt, etc.  I'm moving non-spoiler-related discussion from the spoiler thread to here.

Please take actual spoilers and spoiler discussion to the spoiler thread.  Thank you.

This to me seems a very plausible explanation for all the known facts.

Just a note: let's keep any information about which of the two was actually chosen (as the info is leaking out) as a spoiler unless and until the producers actually announce it publicly.  No mention of it outside the spoiler thread, please.  Thanks.

(BTW--no one has violated this yet; just a pre-emptive strike)

Hey, thanks Alapaki, for that Kaitlyn arm tat photo. They are swallows, or at least some sort of swallow-tailed birds. And feel free, anyone, to insert a gross Kaitlyn "swallow" joke here.

My go-to was "I wonder if they're unladen swallows?"  I know that's nowhere near the level of dirty that the joke needs.  What can I say?  In my head, it's usually Python for the win.

And I don't buy for one second that Britt is looking for a husband. Honestly I don't think either one really is. So I can't hold Kaitlyn's being someone who makes jokes, especially if she's nervous, against her anymore that I would the fact that Britt is no more looking for a husband but rather extending her 15 minutes of fame.

I'm not choosing sides...Just Kidding! I just wrote a blog post called "11 Times Kaitlyn will be better than Britt" where I imagine season with both of them in it the whole time.... I agree that Britt is in it for the fame...not that Kaitlyn's intentions are completely true but I trust her reasons are a bit more "right" than Britts.

• Love 1