Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Amster-Damn Slap

• Start Topic

I think Rinna was told to make nice with Kim.  (she went over the line in her Love Declaration, though.)  I think Kenya was told to make nice with Porsha.  When they do this, I think it's akin to selling your soul for cash. 

I don't think LisaV will make nice with Brandi ever again.  Finito.

Edited by cooksdelight
removed non-episode talk
  • Love 5

Well, let's see..... [Kyle is] beautiful, rich as hell, has a loving husband and beautiful kids, a boutique, never has to want for anything. She's breathing.

And Kyle can down lots of booze without getting sloppy and going over to the "dark side," that has to really chap Brandi's pancake ass.  Actually Kyle can be a mean drunk, but her drunk MO consists mostly of splits and  hair twirling.

Brandi is a total liarface! LVP only proved how jealous and threatened Brandi is of she and Kyle's closeness and that she's a total nut job.

It would have been uh-mazing [/Mauricio voice] if after the slap Lisa said, "this is horrifying, it's a good thing that Kyle is here, I must go now to discuss this awful thing and be comforted by my dear, dear friend!"

Edited by quinn
  • Love 10

Re: Brandi

I don't hate her either, though, I think she's one messed up chick.  Surprised at the dark and dirty wrath some of the Hos across the franchises inspire.  Some lunatic on Brandi's twitter actually called CPS on her.   Someone else thinks Kim should just OD already and get it over with.  If they can lay their own heads down at night and feel good about themselves then I venture to guess they're just as messed up as Brandi and Kim. 

Dark and dirty wrath? Yeah I've seen that too.

Kyle's been accused of wanting Kim to die so she can "play the martyr" and can't wait to go on TV to cry about her loss.

Lisa Vanderpump doesn't love Max. She has sex with animals and can't wait for Ken to die so she can date other men.

Lisa Rinna routinely victimizes people who are mentally ill. She's anorexic, probably a drunk herself, a horrible Mother who's drinking in front of her children so she can turn them into alcoholics too. Her husband probably has AIDS because why did she get so worked up over what Kim said anyway??

Eileen is a melodramatic soap opera actress who's probably having financial problems because of her leach of a husband.

I mean the hyperbole goes all ways. Not just towards poor precious innocents like Brandi and Kim.

• Love 21

This season needs to be over. I can't take the stress anymore! Yet, I can't look away!

Funniest part of Brandi's blog...Yeah, either she or her ghostwriter is reading here.

PS: I now use a great site called Grammarly to help with all the grammar I missed out on being a model. Love it and it really helps with homework.

• Love 2

Nooooooo!!!!  It's not the information that I mind if it's true, it's that it's coming from LisaV!  NOOOO.  She and Yo and MAYBE Eileen are the only ones left that I thought woudn't stoop to Brandi's level of dish.  Don't do it, Lisa.  Come back from the dark side. 

I seem to remember Brandi mentioning this in an episode. I think it was the one where Lisa had arranged for her to do some modelling and Brandi was very self conscious about the whole thing. So, I don't think this would truly constitute at tea. But I had totally forgotten about it until now. 

First, I thought you explained it really well; and secondly, Lisa V. describes it very similarly in her blog. She said she had to retreat to the washroom to collect herself because she was crying, and because she was stunned and humiliated. And also, like you, she said it wasn't a very hard slap, but that doesn't matter - it crossed the line. Apparently, for the last time. Lisa V. said she will never interact with Brandi again. Ever!

Thank you. I just finished reading her blog and she does explain the immediate after effects the way I have been trying to. It's not the actual slap it's the humiliating after effect that leaves you feeling vulnerable and makes the tears well up and makes it impossible to think past what just happened. I loved her description of locking herself in the bathroom to try and compose herself only to realize it was the men's room. Having someone slap you is disorienting and like I said earlier it is really really difficult to come up with anything remotely resembling a dignified response. I think Lisa V handled herself well there. 

I think that Lisa has been very diplomatic with Brandi all season and has even allowed herself to have fun with her even if it wasn't in a best buddies kind of way. It's too bad that it wasn't enough for Brandi and now she is well and truly cut off. 

• Love 14

The most interesting comment from LisaV's blog:

Ooh - spill a little more English Breakfast Tea about the meth face, pretty please, Lisa! ;-)

I saw that part and was like Gregg Leakes from last year's ATL reunion "Oh my."

• Love 1

And, remember, it was Brandi who wanted to play "soap opera" when she ended up throwing wine in Eileen's face. Such a hypocrite she is.

Maybe I am too tired, but I think you meant to post "...why is it okay for her to play that game and not Eileen?"

Hmmmm...Brandi must be tired from trying to break up multiple relationships. She is a multi-tasker and a bitch:

From Lisa V's. blog:

Lisa V: 

Yes, sorry, I edited! It's kind of a good thing to get the right names down lol. That's what happens when I try to rush through a post when I'm supposed to be working. 

Haven't watched the ep yet - and considering skipping to be honest - but Brandi is *still* going on about Kyle dealing her near mortal wounds on Poker Night? WTF? She's on camera shoving Kyle down those steps in the foyer right after and then later she has Kyle's wrists pinned in the driveway. At the VERY least call it fucking even and move on. I swear, there's some kind of twisted genius in the way that Brandi and Kim's ceaseless bleating about all the wrongs done unto them warps reality around them until they create their own reality and people stop even trying to challenge it.

I actually thought Brandi was worse that night. Brandi body blocked Kyle when Kyle asked her to please not do that. After Kyle grabbed her arm, Brandi grabbed Kyle and shoved her down the stairs while yelling at her. When they were outside Brandi repeatedly got in Kyle's face even though Kyle asked her not to. She also as you point out pinned her wrists in the driveway and continued to try to intimidate her. 

Regarding LisaV's blog, I'm so glad that she's openly done with Brandi. Dare I hope that this means Brandi is done as far as RHBH is concerned?

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 9

Thanks for the link.  Only one blog remains-Kyle's.  My burning question of why Brandi hates Kyle so much is getting closer to being answered.  When I read Lisa's blog she seems very clear that she and Ken maintained their guard against Brandi mouth rapes and various other molestation tactics Brandi employees under the guise of love and friendship or drunk and disorderly.  Good for them.  I do think that Brandi who clearly is not as smart as she claims to be, is now just throwing stuff out there to see if it sticks.  Last year it was bankruptcy for the Todds, this year it is Lisa being unfaithful.  Last year it was Mohamed saying Joanna Krupa had a smelly pussy and Lisa was there when he said it.

Just utterly amazing.  Brandi feels so put upon because she can't fathom why no one wants to here anything from Brandi.  What can she possibly tell these women -Kyle and Joyce's hair is too long, Joyce settled for marrying short rich Michael (the fact Michael is 6'0" tall is irrelevant),  Ken is old, Vincent is an adulterer, Harry doesn't love Lisa.  No one wants to hear from her because she is the most self-absorbed, lacking in insight person on the planet.  Since she has been on the show she has done nothing but try and destroy most everybody's relationships. 

I hope Kyle NEVER makes an attempt to try and be nice to Brandi-even if Brandi and Kim marry one another.  This is truly one person with a screw loose and absolutely one of the spiteful and malicious RH out there.

• Love 19

I enjoyed reading it. She articulated a lot of the things I think many of us have felt about Brandi for awhile. And it's nice to know that she was wary of Brandi and her shenanigans even when they were close.

That said, I also believe Lisa participated in gossiping about Kyle woth Brandi and Kyle probably also gossiped about Lisa to Brandi. It's unfortunate but I think the stuff about Kyle's marriage was cruel and for that, I will always have the tiniest of side eyes for Lisa. Still love her though.

• Love 9

Kyle's been accused of wanting Kim to die so she can "play the martyr" and can't wait to go on TV to cry about her loss.

Lisa Vanderpump doesn't love Max. She has sex with animals and can't wait for Ken to die so she can date other men.

Lisa Rinna routinely victimizes people who are mentally ill. She's anorexic, probably a drunk herself, a horrible Mother who's drinking in front of her children so she can turn them into alcoholics too. Her husband probably has AIDS because why did she get so worked up over what Kim said anyway??

Eileen is a melodramatic soap opera actress who's probably having financial problems because of her leach of a husband.

I mean the hyperbole goes all ways. Not just towards poor precious innocents like Brandi and Kim.

Well, I was kind of just talking about Brandi but since you brought it up:  I love your list and I agree.  It could be hilarious - all the things they/we - say and think about them.  But it's often NOT hilarious.  It is dark.  And that's cool but frankly, I'm looking for more lulz.  A few more from the Hos would be good. 

But it's the end of the season and I think many viewers are just getting fed up. And you can tell that the Hos are at the end of their ropes.  I wasn't even there and my final straw was broken last night when this potentially awesome trip was ruined.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  Drama is good but a little less of that and a little more laughs please, ladies.

• Love 3

Brandi's talked about her "anxiety" and "picking" at her face before. It's her way of trying to gain sympathy. She attacks people then is nervous when she has to go to party with them. It doesn't occur to her to stop her behavior. That would be so unfair to her. She should be allowed to do what she wants whenever she wants.

From Lisa's blog

When we were shopping earlier, as you saw, which was remarkable considering the debacle the night before, BG informed me that Kyle had told her I had an affair with my trainer. I scoffed at the ridiculousness of this remark and claimed it to be untrue...Kyle wouldn't say that, and also, just a small point, I don't have a trainer.

The realization washed over me slowly. This was a a reenactment of her actions that resulted in the fiasco last year. She sees Kyle and I too close for her liking and decides to create some sort of scenario that will drive a wedge between us, whatever the cost.

I processed this, and we went to dinner. Once again BG, apparently joking, states I had slept around.

There are few things that are sacred to me, but the sanctity of our marriage is one of them. We have been committed to each other for 33 years, and I was disappointed that BG could vindictively insinuate anything else, especially in such a public forum.

Just when you think she couldn't get any lower. Brandi sees that Lisa and Kyle are getting along. So she has to try and start shit on camera. Lisa is well aware that this is the stuff Bravo loves. Interesting that they decided not to air it but she couldn't have known that at the time.

Now do I believe that when Kyle and Lisa were on the outs with each other, they talked shit? Probably so. However, they have hashed that out and have moved on from it. I'm happy that Kyle and Lisa didn't start fighting on the trip. I don't want Brandi to have an ounce of satisfaction.

Pancakes for everyone!

Edited by charming
  • Love 15

From Brandi's blog:

I fell into the old pattern of being super silly with Lisa V. I felt connected to her again and randomly was playing out a scene with her asking for a Julie-style kiss. She was playing back with me like old days, not giving the kiss when she said she was going to smack me. This thought had never crossed my mind, because I am a kisser…The moment got the best of me, and I took her suggestion and ran with it… MISTAKE! I apologized immediately and immensely and continued to for an hour and weeks after. Maybe we were all possibly in a soap opera time warp. I was asking Lisa V. for a kiss and to make up Love Boat style. I NEVER would have thought of smacking Lisa had she not said it herself. You can obviously see us happy, giggling, being affectionate, and playing like we use to. You can also see how Lisa V. changed personalities and was cool with me as soon as the others had walked ahead. I was JOKING and told her we should kiss and finally make up! I NEVER EVER planned to smack her… However, regardless of the circumstances, I did and apologized immediately and profusely when I saw both of our reactions. I f---ed up. I own that.

Brandi is basically blaming Lisa for the slap. She's saying that she never would have done it if Lisa hadn't said anything about it. Brandi is all full of kisses and hugs it's only because of evil, personality changing LisaV that a slap would have even entered her mind. 

Brandi is also again using the soap opera excuse to give her a pass for her behavior and I don't really get this when I consider that the excuse didn't really fly during the wine throwing incident. What is wrong with this woman? 

Oh and just because she says she "owns it" doesn't actually mean that she's owning it. Not when she's constantly blaming x, y, and z for why blank situation happened. When is Brandi not finding some way to absolve herself of blame?

• Love 19

Brandi's lies scream of desperation!  She wants someone to listen to her but no way not anymore.  She's burnt her bridges and she has to live with the consequences.

I believe the consequences and burnt bridges were what brought Brandi to tears on the boat when it was her turn to be on the receiving end of the compliment game.  I'm thinking it was a moment of clarity.  She was on the show to shake things up, and now she's despised for it.  Regardless of how uninformed and malicious her truth cannon often is, she seems upset at how phony/duplicitous the other women are.  She's on the outs for doing her job, and she probably couldn't stomach the fake affirmations from the castmates who hate her but will come out of this unscathed.  I think I'd drink if I were around them, too.

Edited by cooksdelight
removing non-episode talk
  • Love 4

It was awkwardly funny when Yolanda offered Kim some champagne/wine when Kim arrived for dinner.

What was Kim talking about when she brought up her sobriety (again) and said something about being sick for two MONTHS. Is she talking about the "hernia" which healed on it's own without surgery, or the "cough" that "broke" her ribs, or what?

Wow, Kyle looked stunningly beautiful with her hair back and red lipstick.

Someone mentioned how Brandy looks like the villain from the movie Saw. I totally see the close resemblance between Brandi and Jigsaw! Nightmares….

• Love 5

I seem to remember Brandi mentioning this in an episode. I think it was the one where Lisa had arranged for her to do some modelling and Brandi was very self conscious about the whole thing.

Thanks, you're right. Brandi did say that she picks at her face.  But still wish Lisa would find some other way to bust her ass.  I like how she's been just ignoring her but I agree the face slap deserved another method.  I just don't think it was this.  "I have seen the self mutilation, which she struggles with, and that she often complains about, the self destruction as she digs into her face and the destruction of relationships close to her."  It's beneath her, imo.  Or seemed to be.

For me, it's akin to:  "She's got acne, haha, and I've seen her pop those zits.  And having acne really disturbs her because she's confided in me,  but ha ha because she is a destroyer of relationships." 

Which I'm not saying Brandi hasn't earned someone talking to her like that.  I just wish it hadn't been Lisa.  It seems more like something Kim would say.  "I don't like your hair, I don't like your zitty face.  Why don't you go pick some zits." 

• Love 3

Brandi's blog is full of shit. Lisa said she was going to slap Brandi because Brandi was invading her space and trying to kiss her. She clearly wasn't going to do it, but she felt uncomfortable and likely thought that was going to get Brandi to back off. Instead, Brandi says 'If you hit me, I'll hit you back'. Lisa then tells her to go pick on someone her own size and that they should leave. Brandi then slaps Lisa. Even after Lisa very seriously says that she does not like that Brandi slapped her, Brandi is laughing.

Brandi is solely to blame for what transpired. The fact that she thinks it's appropriate to blame Lisa is laughable.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 18

Isn't that just awesome? I could have sworn I read somewhere that Brandi herself mentioned how she picks at her face.

Yess I definitely remember her addressing her face-picking somewhere before.  I guess either her Bravo blog or in her book.  Errrr, I mean, a friend read her book and told me about it.  Yeah, that's the ticket...

• Love 10

Perfect! *slam dunk* 

Yess I definitely remember her addressing her face-picking somewhere before.  I guess either her Bravo blog or in her book.  Errrr, I mean, a friend read her book and told me about it.  Yeah, that's the ticket...

Okay, that must be it. I think a few posters posted excerpts from her book on the other board when there was a discussion about whether Brandi herself must be using meth.

I can see it now. Brandi's next book will be a "tell-all" filled with "hyperbole" about each and every ho wife that has screwed her over. Yes, fiction.

• Love 4

I don't know why people think this. The very premise of the Housewives is drama and conflict. Promotions and previews all highlight the fights. Making up is the opposite of what producers want, imo.

Because I can see no other reason, barring brain malfunction, for Rinna to say she would never, never, ever, NEVER, ever, ever, EVER speak to Kim again and then talk to her the next day. And then tell her she loved her the day after that

I think she was told by producers she had backed herself into a corner by saying never ever ever and to fix it.  I agree that drama and conflict are what producers want but Lisa - by saying never (ever ever ever) - had no place else to go except make nice.

• Love 7

Oh, this is TOO good!  Points extremely well made.  Don't forget that Kyle ignores ALL of Kim's 2 a.m. phone calls and pleas for help. 

• Love 5

From Lisa's blog:

I have seen the self mutilation, which she struggles with, and that she often complains about, the self destruction as she digs into her face and the destruction of relationships close to her.

I wonder what that's about.  Does self mutilation mean too much plastic surgery?

• Love 5

Haven't watched the ep yet - and considering skipping to be honest - but Brandi is *still* going on about Kyle dealing her near mortal wounds on Poker Night? WTF? She's on camera shoving Kyle down those steps in the foyer right after and then later she has Kyle's wrists pinned in the driveway. At the VERY least call it fucking even and move on. I swear, there's some kind of twisted genius in the way that Brandi and Kim's ceaseless bleating about all the wrongs done unto them warps reality around them until they create their own reality and people stop even trying to challenge it.

Yes, she sure did mention it AGAIN. The slap is apparently nothing to talk about and god forbid if people are offended by that behavior. That behavior where Brandi herself, put her hands on LisaV's arms, shoulders, neck and pushed her much the same way she pushed Kyle away on Poker Night. But, apparently Brandi can bring up her horrific wounds from Poker Night again and again.  It is okay because Kyle was in the wrong and she did attack Brandi. [in case it is not obvious, this is sarcasm]

Does self mutilation mean too much plastic surgery?

Possibly, but I will go with the idea that she might be referencing drug use too. People who do meth tend to pick at their faces. Check out "faces of meth" on the internet. Brandi herself has mentioned picking at her own face.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

Yes, she sure did mention it AGAIN. The slap is apparently nothing to talk about and god forbid if people are offended by that behavior. That behavior where Brandi herself, put her hands on LisaV's arms, shoulders, neck and pushed her much the same way she pushed Kyle away on Poker Night. But, apparently Brandi can bring up her horrific wounds from Poker Night again and again.

Don't forget the shards of glass she maybe had to pick out of her children's laundry. That one made me laugh.

• Love 6

I believe the consequences and burnt bridges were what brought Brandi to tears on the boat when it was her turn to be on the receiving end of the compliment game.  I'm thinking it was a moment of clarity.  She was on the show to shake things up, and now she's despised for it.  Regardless of how uninformed and malicious her truth cannon often is, she seems upset at how phony/duplicitous the other women are.  She's on the outs for doing her job, and she probably couldn't stomach the fake affirmations from the castmates who hate her but will come out of this unscathed.  I think I'd drink if I were around them, too.

I've been thinking about this and I wonder if Brandi had two things going on here. I think she wanted to trap the ladies into saying something nice to her face and then being snarky in their talking heads so that she could later call them out on being hypocrites since it is her word of the season. But, I also think she was hoping that they would say something about her physical attributes and she could use that as a way to say that other than Kim none of them could say anything nice about her that wasn't about her appearance. I really think she was aching to use that to spark another argument and then to see the women actually give real compliments to each other and have Lisa V make it clear that she and Kyle are in a very good place was just too much for her. I think it's why she was trying so hard to push Lisa V. to "kiss and make up."

The crying was most likely her realizing that she had trapped herself in this corner that she could not get out of without appearing to be the hypocrite she was trying to portray the other women as. 

• Love 4

Because I can see no other reason, barring brain malfunction, for Rinna to say she would never, never, ever, NEVER, ever, ever, EVER speak to Kim again and then talk to her the next day. And then tell her she loved her the day after that

I think she was told by producers she had backed herself into a corner by saying never ever ever and to fix it.  I agree that drama and conflict are what producers want but Lisa - by saying never (ever ever ever) - had no place else to go except make nice.

I think I agree with Eileen and LisaR's blogs that LisaR was just in survival mode and trying to navigate the situation without ruining the trip for everyone. She was in a foreign country, she knew she was going to have more forced interactions with Kim and she probably just thought that is she made nice it would be easier to tolerate for everyone. I also think she was embarrassed by her violent outburst to Kim's baiting and wasn't ready to have another moment like that. I don't think the two made up so much as they decided to put their weapons away. 

Now, i do think that the producers approached Kim and told her she had to do something because LisaR was considering leaving that first night after it happened. Of course, Kim would never apologize for her behavior, but she could at least pretend to be magnanimous and agree not to attack again. 

• Love 9

I've never heard anything like that either. So it makes me think Brandi was just vomiting out some hurtful crap about each woman, under the guise of it being an "untrue rumor" about them. 

And when LisaV went over to the table with Yolanda, she appeared to be quite shaken up by Brandi's 'joke' and didn't appear to see any humor at all in it.  She even said that she'd been married and faithful for over 32 years.

I totally believe her.

• Love 11

I have seen people do this very thing. Claim they are done with someone, they are breaking up with someone, they have had it with a friend or they will never talk again to someone because of something they said or did, but there they are, right back to being buddy-buddy with them. Most of the time I think it is venting and the feelings they are experiencing at that moment. They are upset, angry, and pissed. I believe LisaR may have realized who she was talking to - an addict. She also knew she was on a trip that is work-related and needed to be in Kim's presence from time to time. 

Once she got her thoughts together, she may have realized she dealt with this before with her own relatives and likely said the same things to them about not wanting to deal with them anymore. Even Kyle has had moments like that where it seems she is done with Kim, but there she is right back to riding that toxic train. I think if anything, LisaR did it more for Kyle. She has known Kyle for so long, she knows no matter what, Kyle will be in Kim's life and LisaR just has to accept that. That is different than tolerating the shit that Kim deals out. LisaR can lay out that boundary, but she also had no choice but to be on this trip with Kim. Better to just let it go and move forward for the sake of LisaR's sanity.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

Brandi talked about picking her face on a previous years episode.

Lisa is going in for the kill now. She's using Brandis own statements to do it.

Maybe.  And if so, I say: "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!"  With respect to Russ Meyer, ofc.  Oh, and Xander Harris on BtVS: "Passions."

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 4

Brandi talked about picking her face on a previous years episode.

Lisa is going in for the kill now. She's using Brandis own statements to do it.

Lisa is finishing Brandi off and Brandi probably deserves it.  She shouldn't have slapped Lisa (or anyone) in the face or before that tried to stop Lisa from leaving the boat after the dinner.  Lisa has every right to completely cut Brandi out of her life.  That said, does it make me like Lisa or Kyle any better?  No, it makes me sad.   This reminds me of the NY franchise, the last season with Jill Zarin where the show just got so ugly it was unwatchable and so many of the women were so mean and horrible that some of us, me included, lost all interest in ever watching them again.  After last night I think I'm almost there with BH.

At the dinner on the boat, Kyle, Lisa, Lisar and Eileen were so obviously ready to gang up on Brandy (and Kim probably) that anything Brandy said or did was going to be taken out of context and misconstrued.  A comment that might have illicited an eyeroll earlier in the season now was grounds for hurling the f word and getting pissed off.   The women couldn't even sit together and slowly started leaving the table.  I think Kyle went first over to the bar area joined by Lisav so everyone could see where the lines were drawn.  The whole thing just sucked.

As far as Eileen and Lisar go, I like both of them but they are not in any position to make this franshise more interesting, especially Eileen who as a veteren of Hollywood and Beverly Hills/Malibu knows well how to play the game and get fans to like her.  (She also has survived the behind the scenes shenanigans of The Young and the Restless for at least 20 years which as a fan of the show I can tell you is impressive.)  Based on the part of last night's epi with Eileen and Kyle touring the Rembrandt museum and seeing the city sights of Amsterdam, well, let's just say it was less than compelling tv.  I also don't find Eileen's scenes with her husband Vince to be particularly interesting, he seems to be acutely aware of the camera and acts accordingly by not saying much.  Either that or he is just dull.

• Love 2

This reminds me, too, of the time during season two after the Game Night and fall out episodes aired, someone tweeted to Kyle that they hoped she and daughter died from cancer the way that Kyle's mom had. If Brandi and Kim are getting nasty tweets, they aren't unicorns on this front. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5

I'm not saying the producers didn't have a say - but I think it was the other way around. I think Kim was told she had to address the fight from the previous night, which she did, in her usual Kim the Victim way. I think they asked LisaR to be open to an audience with Kim, but that's it. I've always believed things are staged, but not scripted, so while "talk" might have been a request (demand?), I don't think "fix it" was. I think they like to see what happens. Similarly, I don't think Porsha or Kenya were told to play nice with each other, either. Why? They were both re-cast for a reason - they hate each other, and always cause drama.

• Love 4

There's two separate camps within the Beverly Hills housewives Bravo circle. First, there's the few that have something to lose if they lose fan appreciation, and camp two that have nothing at all to lose.

Camp One
There's Kyle who's married to Mauricio Umansky, one of the most successful realtors in California. Lisa Vanderpump married to Ken Todd, a renowned restauranteur. Lisa Rinna married to a long-time respected Hollywood actor, Harry Hamlin. Eileen Davidson married to Vince Van Patton who really hasn't done much on his own other than work as commentator for the World Poker Tour and had a semi-famous father. Lastly, Yolana Foster married to a highly successful producer/composer/songwriter, David Foster, who knows all the influential people in Hollywood. All these husbands are highly visible, have successful careers, maintain positive public images and do not want their names associated with hateful, vindictive nasty wives.

Camp Two
We have two women left. Kim Richards, a former child star who continues to attempt to ride her past fame as a child star into the present. Brandi Glanville who was a nobody until asked to do this show. Her only claim to fame was being married to an adulterous actor-husband Eddie. Kim and Brandi have absolutely nothing to lose by showing whatever behavior they want to on camera. I still feel there was something very bad that happened between Brandi and her father when she was a child. They were estranged until just last year when they reunited. The majority of people that follow this show have branded both of them as being unsavory, nasty, addictive personalities. Kim Richards and Brandi Glanville have no reason to hide their real selves or to be something they aren't. Both these women had earned the disdain and dislike of the audience long ago.

The others have a lot to lose. Whichever way they're perceived by an audience is reflected right back to their husbands. Ken Todd, Mauricio Umansky, Harry Hamlin, Vince Van Patton and David Foster. Which one of these high profile husbands want their wives appearing to be despicable, desperate, nasty women? They want their wives to project understanding, empathy, restraint, 'good taste' and sensibilities. Brandi and Kim just don't have those influences on their behaviors. On the other side of that coin, who do Kim and Brandi have that would possibly be an influence in their behavior or to feel the repercussions over their actions?  Nobody.

• Love 13

At the dinner on the boat, Kyle, Lisa, Lisar and Eileen were so obviously ready to gang up on Brandy (and Kim probably) that anything Brandy said or did was going to be taken out of context and misconstrued.  A comment that might have illicited an eyeroll earlier in the season now was grounds for hurling the f word and getting pissed off.   The women couldn't even sit together and slowly started leaving the table.  I think Kyle went first over to the bar area joined by Lisav so everyone could see where the lines were drawn.  The whole thing just sucked.

I think it was Kyle who mentioned she was not comfortable being there, especially with what had happened since the wine-glass incident. I truly did not see Kyle gunning for any kind of gang-up. Far from it.  I thought Kyle had done her best to tolerate Brandi during many moments they were forced to be together ever since the fall-out from Poker Night. Kyle did nothing in the pot shop, but Brandi had to create drama. Brandi showed up to Kyle's mixer when she was not invited.  Then, of course, the dinner drama in Amsterdam made things real uncomfortable especially after what Kim said to Kyle. I think Kyle was wondering what will happen now at this boat dinner. I can't blame her since each incident has had something to do with Brandi and Kim. When Kyle was with Lisa or Eileen during this trip, she was enjoying herself away from the toxic twins. As for the rest, I am sure they were leery as well. But, I don't see it as a gang-up, much like how Kim was prepared to go off at that dinner. How did Brandi describe that as? Kim was prepared with her ammunition, acting like Clint Eastwood.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10

Holly fuck balls! If  300 comments in less than a day about one episode, if the show is failing, I would hate to see how many comments PTV would have if it were thriving!

Um, yeah.....They were there and kind of getting along and Kyle had to go and start some shit and whine again. Wah, Wah....she looked pale and powdery and the red lipstick was unflattering and aging. The dress looked good though.

The Brandi slap was a total non-issue. What an over reaction and I love me some Lisa V and can't stand Brandi Trash. To even contemplate calling the police about that I would consider a misuse of government force and funds. Walk away and never see her again if you are sooooo traumatized.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 1

AHHH LMFAO!!! Brandi's punishment!  I live.  Brandi swears she can get ghetto and ratchet let's see how she'll do in that arena.  She'll be crying in a day of filming because each one of those women would read her stink.  It would be beautiful.

I had to stop watching ATL this season after the first episode because I can't stand anyone anymore, but this might actually get me watching again!

One more thing I wanted to say about the slap. From personal experience other than humiliated, the recipient will also feel demeaned and vulnerable. And to the recipient, it doesn't matter how hard the slap is, because it is in the face it sounds louder than it actually was and feels stronger than it actually was. I really wish I was better at explaining how it feels when it happens to you regardless of the circumstances. I guess best way to describe it is to say that short of getting physical  or violent herself, I don't think there is any thing Lisa could do  or say that I would consider overreaction to this incident. 

You explained it just fine, imo.  The damage to a person from being hit is far more than just being "hurt", but all the things you mentioned as well.  I've been slapped/hit/punched/etc by a lot of boyfriends and, for me, the physical pain was the least worst aspect of it all.  It's also, like someone else said, very disorienting and shocking, so it can take a minute before some people are able to react.  But that doesn't mean they didn't mind or it wasn't hurtful.  Lisa looked absolutely stunned and she detailed her reaction well in her blog.  I am so glad she is going to have nothing more to do with Brandi.  It's hard enough dealing with physical violence when you're already so used to it, I can't imagine how it must have felt for Lisa, who says that no one has ever put their hands on her in that manner in all her adult years. 

Yeah, the whole "one comment can ruin someone's whole life" thing just struck me as immature and indicative of a poor understanding of responsibility's role in sobriety.  The thing is, sober people want to take responsibility. It's liberating.

Favorite comment in this thread.  Kim, to me, doesn't act like she's had one successful day in therapy or in a program beyond what was mandatory in her very brief stay in rehab.  She has NO tools, none, and like, negative percentages of awareness and desire to change.  What you wrote is the biggest tell, too, imo.  Kim sees "responsibility" as judgment and punishment, which is why she avoids it at all costs.  But accepting responsibility for oneself is pretty much the most liberating (verses imprisoning) mindset and perpetual set of actions a person can achieve. 

Lisar's inner gangster is apparently the Sta-Puff Marshmallow guy.

HA!  So funny and yet so true.  I think she truly shocked herself going off on Kim like she did.  She seems like almost the opposite of people like Kim ad Brandi, in that she's so afraid of her Shadow and any unpleasantness inside of her that she pushes it all down an forces out an overly-eager, overly-cheerful, soft, sweet persona, whereas Kim and Brandi, also not wanting to deal with their Shadow and vulnerability, instead choose lash out at people and make themselves appear tougher and harder.  Same fears, I think, but different ways of masking them.  But I don't think Lisa is as vapid and selfish to the core as the Boozey Twins are, even though she appears airheaded and self-involved on the outside.     

• Love 8
To even contemplate calling the police about that I would consider a misuse of government force and funds. Walk away and never see her again if you are sooooo traumatized.

LisaV contemplated calling the police? I know I was tired last night, but I don't recall that moment. Enlighten me, please.

Um, I think LisaV did walk away. She walked away to the bathroom to cry. And, according to her blog, she seems to be done with nasty-ass Brandi.

• Love 5

Lisa wasn't contemplating it. I was just commenting on the idea of calling the police for something so minor.

Minor or not, Brandi just put her head on Lisa's chopping block. Pinky is one of the smarter Housewives and an employer. Pretty sure she knows her rights regarding her working conditions or has on her speed dial lawyers with the pertinent credentials to advise her of them. If she decides to never interact with Brandi again, I'd bet Bravo accommodates.

• Love 7

..... Andy loves his headcases and troublemakers because he believe they bring the most drama.  While there is an old saying "If it's' not broke, don't fix it."  This cast and the audience are Brandi-fatigued!  Kim even needs to be downgraded because her storyline of her drug abuse ate up 85% of the show with no true resolution thusfar.  But that's why Im not banking on her leaving she's at least due for one more feud between either Lisa R or Eileen (if Eileen chooses to return).

I agree with you that the cast and audience are Brandi/Kim fatigued (I am) and changes need to be made.  However, Kim and Brandi brought the drama they were expected to bring.  They may or may not come back or be be asked back but if that happens, it's not because they didn't deliver.  It would be because Bravo and the audience wants to move on and let some other housewives fill that role.  From day one, Brandi was an outsider and considered trashy.  She lived up to that over the years and after this season, probably exceeded Bravo's expectations.

The housewives get paid $whatever$ for the season but they also get a bonus at the end of the season.  That bonus is completely dependent upon their performance during the season and how much buzz they generate.  If Bravo or Andy were to read this forum and see how many viewers are disgusted with Brandi's behavior, her bonus would double.   Every post hanging Brandi out to dry is another dollar in her pocket. 

There's two separate camps within the Beverly Hills housewives Bravo circle. First, there's the few that have something to lose if they lose fan appreciation, and camp two that have nothing at all to lose.

Camp One

There's Kyle who's married to Mauricio Umansky, one of the most successful realtors in California. Lisa Vanderpump married to Ken Todd, a renowned restauranteur. Lisa Rinna married to a long-time respected Hollywood actor, Harry Hamlin. Eileen Davidson married to Vince Van Patton who really hasn't done much on his own other than work as commentator for the World Poker Tour and had a semi-famous father. Lastly, Yolana Foster married to a highly successful producer/composer/songwriter, David Foster, who knows all the influential people in Hollywood. All these husbands are highly visible, have successful careers, maintain positive public images and do not want their names associated with hateful, vindictive nasty wives.

Camp Two

We have two women left. Kim Richards, a former child star who continues to attempt to ride her past fame as a child star into the present. Brandi Glanville who was a nobody until asked to do this show. Her only claim to fame was being married to an adulterous actor-husband Eddie. Kim and Brandi have absolutely nothing to lose by showing whatever behavior they want to on camera. I still feel there was something very bad that happened between Brandi and her father when she was a child. They were estranged until just last year when they reunited. The majority of people that follow this show have branded both of them as being unsavory, nasty, addictive personalities. Kim Richards and Brandi Glanville have no reason to hide their real selves or to be something they aren't. Both these women had earned the disdain and dislike of the audience long ago.

The others have a lot to lose. Whichever way they're perceived by an audience is reflected right back to their husbands. Ken Todd, Mauricio Umansky, Harry Hamlin, Vince Van Patton and David Foster. Which one of these high profile husbands want their wives appearing to be despicable, desperate, nasty women? They want their wives to project understanding, empathy, restraint, 'good taste' and sensibilities. Brandi and Kim just don't have those influences on their behaviors. On the other side of that coin, who do Kim and Brandi have that would possibly be an influence in their behavior or to feel the repercussions over their actions?  Nobody.

Your explanation is exactly why Brandi and Kim are the most vile and hated women on the show.  They were cast to fill that role.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I agree and disagree with this.  Lisa R, Yo, and Eileen (and to a lesser extent Kyle and Lisa R) seem to want to conduct themselves with whatever they deem to be respectable behavior because that is what they want for themselves, not just for the sakes of their husbands.   It's sad that Brandi and Kim don't hold themselves to be the biggest influences (or at influences at all) on their own behaviors. That is the fundamental problem with those two, imo, they seem to have no conscious or moral compass and are quick to blame others for their actions or cry victim because they don't have husbands or lucrative careers, like those are the only reasons why the other HW aren't wallowing in the gutter alongside them.   

• Love 9

Lisa wasn't contemplating it. I was just commenting on the idea of calling the police for something so minor.

I just don't think that hitting a person whether it is a slap or punch or "not that hard of a slap" should ever be considered minor or a non issue. Mainly because, as I had been trying to explain before it is the after effect that is the most damaging. 

• Love 18

Minor or not, Brandi just put her head on Lisa's chopping block. Pinky is one of the smarter Housewives and an employer. Pretty sure she knows her rights regarding her working conditions or has on her speed dial lawyers with the pertinent credentials to advise her of them. If she decides to never interact with Brandi again, I'd bet Bravo accommodates.

I don't disagree with that.

Thanks, you're right. Brandi did say that she picks at her face.  But still wish Lisa would find some other way to bust her ass.  I like how she's been just ignoring her but I agree the face slap deserved another method.  I just don't think it was this.  "I have seen the self mutilation, which she struggles with, and that she often complains about, the self destruction as she digs into her face and the destruction of relationships close to her."  It's beneath her, imo.  Or seemed to be.

For me, it's akin to:  "She's got acne, haha, and I've seen her pop those zits.  And having acne really disturbs her because she's confided in me,  but ha ha because she is a destroyer of relationships." 

Which I'm not saying Brandi hasn't earned someone talking to her like that.  I just wish it hadn't been Lisa.  It seems more like something Kim would say.  "I don't like your hair, I don't like your zitty face.  Why don't you go pick some zits." 

Brandi has talked about her self-mutilation a lot. She talked about it in her first book, and she has mentioned it on Twitter time and time again. She always discusses it in relation to her anxiety. She has said that she will go to bed, turn on the TV, and pick her face apart.  I guess it doesn't bother me for others, even Lisa V to go there, since it is something she herself brings out as an example of how anxiety can take hold of her. 

• Love 10