Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

They truly look happy, and that brings a smile to my face.  The kisses need practice, but they’ll get there.   Is it weird that I am wondering how “the talk” went last  night?  Jill explaining the whole Legos situation....

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

It’s past 9 PM eastern time, so you know she’s pregnant by now. 

Ha! I was just going to post the question if anyone thinks she's pregnant yet?

It's such a sad statement as this is the life she was raised.

8 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Ha! I was just going to post the question if anyone thinks she's pregnant yet?

It's such a sad statement as this is the life she was raised.

Jill’s already made fried chicken with Nurie’s new air fryer.

Nurie will be OK. Imagine, being a baby factory and domestic slave your entire life is still the better outcome than hanging out with your mother and family. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

Whoever said she will get severely inseminated on Saturday thank you I’m still laughing 

You’re severely welcome. She may have to borrow some miscellaneous grooming tools from the ‘pamper mama’ stash. I hope Jill hoarded paper towels, and has a walker handy

• LOL 9
25 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Most of the comments about how Nurie is finally gonna get a good meal.

Jana liked the photos.  She must be so happy it’s not her. I can see her hitting like on her phone, then leaning over and giving Laura a peck on the cheek just because. 

It’s past 9 PM eastern time, so you know she’s pregnant by now. 

Did Nuri finally get her own phone? As a married woman maybe she got one !

• Love 4

I'm severely disappointed!  SHEESH I brought a new long denim skirt from Michael Kors ( who knew MK made fundie long skirts??) at Ross just for Nurie Almost A DUGGAR'S wedding. I was expecting a big gaudy dress from the Sondra Chelli reject pile along with big tacky bridemaid dresses. What went wrong Jill? You couldn't have really stepped up and made it tacky as hell? Maybe you'll do better with the next kid up.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Nurie will be OK. Imagine, being a baby factory and domestic slave your entire life is still the better outcome than hanging out with your mother and family. 

Ok, now this may be the saddest, but the most true statement...lol.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill is probably hoping to snag a Duggar for Kaylee or Renee. She got many girls and Duggar’s have many boys. 

Did any of the Duggars show  up for the wedding?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I can't believe how nice everything looks. How did that happen?

Maybe TFDW helped Jill not to make it tacky? He did a great job as the wedding coordinator for his own wedding. He's got a gift I tell you!

• LOL 20
3 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Maybe TFDW helped Jill not to make it tacky? He did a great job as the wedding coordinator for his own wedding. He's got a gift I tell you!

Maybe he did. Your right he does have the gift. 

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

Jill really is like the fundie version of Mrs. Bennett. 

Well, she DOES have 9 daughters to marry off. Hopefully, to men wealthier than the Rods.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Mrs. Bennet is a paragon of virtue next to Jill. Although vulgar, Mrs. Bennet was anxious to get her daughters well married which was absolutely critical for them to have any independence in regency society. Mr. Bennet, as pleasantly quirky as he could be, was actually very neglectful of his daughters. That being said, I agree the resemblance is striking. 

ETA: I have spent considerable time rereading Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer to survive lockdown. Basically, I’ve been wallowing in the Regency. I have feelings. 😁

I've honestly not read any Jane Austen in years so the main thing I remember about her was the never-ending quest to find suitors, but I totally get wallowing in literature during lockdown. 🙂 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4

David Waller is a good man for them to know so they can meet single fundies. He's very well connected and he even has two single brothers. His brothers are older than the Rod girls, but it might not be a big age difference to matter. (It's about 8/9 years age difference for the oldest single Waller and the oldest Rod girls and 3/4 years difference for the younger single Waller and the oldest Rod girls). But David would also know a great many fundies beyond his brothers. 

I don't see Mr. Bennet as negligent. He wants the girls to marry, but only if they like their chosen partner. Mrs. Bennet isn't the worst, but she's still a overbearing, pushy mother. 

• Love 4

Whoohoo, thank you thank you, dear Pecan thief, for crossing over to the dark side, siding up with the snarkers. I don't think I'd have been able to sleep last night if I hadn't had my fill of some photos at least.

So...the dress. Just as tacky as I thought, the puff sleeves, the shiny sateen polyester skirt. Nathan's pimp off colour suit that doesn't match. The flowers.....

Having said that, I do hope he'll treat her well, that his family will show her how to dress, apply make up, cook nutricious meals, etc.

I cannot imagine going from "never been alone, ever" to "let's shag and produce children" just like that. He'll be in for a surprise when he sees her without the 3 pounds of make up. She hasn't ever been alone, either with him or at all. It's all fun and games on her wedding day, but waking up to reality? Having to cook, clean, do laundry, be joyfully available (I doubt she'll be able to get pregnant, way too malnourished), be alone for he seems to actually work, that must be soul crushing, at least at the beginning.  How will she cope?

Are they going to have a public instagram, I wonder? Neither really seems the fame whoring type. I'm sure that Pampa Mama will post longwinded stories of how she misses dear Nurie

• Love 18

Apparently, Jilly unfollowed Joe and Kendra AND Anna as per reddit.

This is pure gold and oh, it gives me so much joy. Don't judge - it's been a hellish few months. Seems that things are coming home to roost for that bitch at last. Nobody likes you Jill! Feed your poor starving children!

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Why is Jill wearing what also looks like a wedding dress? (Rhetorical question, of course, since it's Jill and she has got to attract at least as much attention to herself as the bride.)

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Zella said:

Jill really is like the fundie version of Mrs. Bennett. 

She's like Mrs. Bennett, Mr. Collins and Lady Catherine de Bourgh all rolled into one. .... Aaaaaa, heck, throw in Sir Walter Elliott, Mr. and Mrs. Elton and Fanny Dashwood, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 13
  • Love 10

Eep looks like the "designer" who mucked up J'chelle's MOB dress attacked Jill's dress and stuffed fabric on top of the "inappropriate" neckline of her dress.

These woman just bring attention to themselves when they alter clothing to make it supposedly more modest. Note to Jilly- that's ugly not modest.

• Love 9
(edited)

Jill only follows 8 people on Instagram. Not 1 Duggar.

D5B6811E-FEF4-457E-8151-F390ABF23F6B.jpeg

1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

This is pure gold and oh, it gives me so much joy. Don't judge - it's been a hellish few months. Seems that things are coming home to roost for that bitch at last. Nobody likes you Jill! Feed your poor starving children!

Didn’t attend or send gifts?

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

I don’t get it, what could Joe and Kendra possibly have done to Jill Rod. Curious about the backstory on Anna. And why now. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Phillip's birthday. One picture of him, 3 of the cake and a picture of Jill and Nurie. Yup, Happy Birthday Nathan!

And happy birthday ... three days after the fact, Phillip. 

I wonder who paid for all the spray tans Jill, Nurie, and Nathan got for the wedding.

(edited)
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Phillip's birthday. One picture of him, 3 of the cake and a picture of Jill and Nurie. Yup, Happy Birthday Phillip!

Yep. Of course, I'm sure the Rodrigui have all fully understood, long before now, their relative importance in the scheme of things. 

In his own picture, the poor child looks like a somewhat damaged, underfed 70-year-old man, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Jill's dress is quite unfortunate. Whatever she did to the neckline didn't work, and all that pleating and the lace stuff on the shoulders add bulk. Also, why is her bouquet bigger than Nurie's? 

Jill really went wild with the fake tan and the blond highlights. Yikes. She's the same color as David, but he doesn't have streaks on his neck. 

Nurie's dress is outdated, but she looks pretty and she outshines her mother, which she should.

• Love 15