Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

0A836BCD-F632-4F4A-A80F-C2B710C0575A.jpeg

75C93560-E875-4E1D-AB41-8518EE3C32EF.jpeg

For $250, the retreat goers were fed 1) a salad of iceberg lettuce and one cherry tomato 2) one roll apiece AND 3) one slice of cherry pie.  They were also given the opportunity to sit in the same room as the famous Rodrigues Family!

A few days ago, I predicted that Jill would put out a donation jar at the retreat for Ma and Pa Noyes.  It seems that I was correct!  Jill posted videos of 2 or 3 women speaking at the event.  Next to the podium where they were speaking was, what looked to be, a donation bowl.  Jilly Bean NEVER disappoints!

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Really? Because if she is… 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I read the FB comments to Jill’s “guess what the exciting news is” post, and something that one of the commentators said makes me think that might be what it is or maybe not.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I 100% love that Heidi’s sister showed up in pants. Her hair looks way better too. 

Heidi's sister looks over it in her photos.  I like it.

Any "big" announcement to Jill means either an engagement or a baby/gender reveal.  There is literally nothing else in her life that warrants such a tease.  Renee got an A on her pre-calc test?  Tessie made the JV lacrosse team?  Sophie is reading two grade levels above her age?  Of course not.  Her kids only need to marry and birth/sire more babies.  That's their destiny.  The funny thing is, she thinks it's news.  How can it be news if it's all they ever get to do with their lives?

• Like 8
  • Sad 16

I wonder what the family weakness is that Jill referred to? Too Godly? 

Heidi's sister does look over it. I've seen her tiktok videos - she seems quite thirsty for the attention her videos have been getting due to the new proximity to the Rods. She often wears a wig for some reason and puts the camera way too close to her face in her videos. She made one that says they are NOT engaged, but I think she's lying. She's pretty young herself and from a fundie family, so who knows? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
12 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I wonder what the family weakness is that Jill referred to? Too Godly? 

Heidi's sister does look over it. I've seen her tiktok videos - she seems quite thirsty for the attention her videos have been getting due to the new proximity to the Rods. She often wears a wig for some reason and puts the camera way too close to her face in her videos. She made one that says they are NOT engaged, but I think she's lying. She's pretty young herself and from a fundie family, so who knows? 🤷‍♀️

I believe it’s a different sister, Hope, you’re thinking of Hallie.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I believe it’s a different sister, Hope, you’re thinking of Hallie.

Thank you. So Hallie wasn't there? I apologize for my mistake, but they do look alike. 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh goodness, so the Coverett sisters are all named with Hs.

Tim and Heidi matched on day two of the retreat too.

They have six children, all names begin with H. 

Hallie, Heidi, Hope, Hayden, Hunter, HazelGrace.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

For $250, the retreat goers were fed 1) a salad of iceberg lettuce and one cherry tomato 2) one roll apiece AND 3) one slice of cherry pie.  They were also given the opportunity to sit in the same room as the famous Rodrigues Family!

Are you sure there wasn't a baloney sandwich in that meal, or was the baloney just Jill talking? 

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Maybe Tim and heide will name their kids

Timothy-Henry

Tabitha-Heaven

Thomas-Hayden

Truth-Harper 

etc.

Or maybe all the kids names will start with “th”

Theo/Thea

Thora

Thaddeus

etc

• LOL 5
26 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The retreat was $250?

I have the retreat brochure -- I briefly considered attending (I'm a Christian but do feel the Rods are really over-the-top and thought it would be interesting in more ways than one!).

Rates for Friday night and 3 meals --

1 in a room, $165

2 in a room, $145 per person

3 in a room, $125 per person

4 in a room, $115 per person

This includes registration price, cost of the room, and 3 meals. Checks to Jill Rodrigues.

Edited by sjbraun
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 2
44 minutes ago, sjbraun said:

This includes registration price, cost of the room, and 3 meals. Checks to Jill Rodrigues.

Of course the checks go to her... I wonder how much it really costs? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
15 hours ago, awaken said:

I am willing to bet that Timmy is engaged. 

wow, Heidi’s hair is something else. Almost beats out a Duggar girl for unnecessary dead weight. 

I was thinking she is giving Jessa a run for her money with that awful hair. Timbits will NEVER let her cut that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 14
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They have six children, all names begin with H. 

Hallie, Heidi, Hope, Hayden, Hunter, HazelGrace.

I've got a great Old Testament H name-Hacaliah.  He was the father of Nehemiah (take that Nurie!), and it means "who waits for the Lord."  I've been researching my Puritan ancestors, and found a wealth of unusual biblical names.  The families were so large it appeared they tired of the usual John, Joseph, Sarah, Hannah, etc.  These Quiverfull families should grab Eliasaph-the Lord will increase, and Jeniel-courageous, determined leader.  A few of my ancestors were named Amasa which appears an odd choice.  It means burden, and comes from a general in Absalom's army who was killed by David's general Joab.

• Like 5
  • Useful 8

I'm thinking Timmay wouldn't stray too far from pleasing Mahmo when it comes to naming his kids:

Jillianna

Jillothy (unisex)

Jillanna-Davida

Davida-Jillian (DJ for short)

or something like "Purity" or "Chastity" or "Honor" and him saying, "Mahmo - I thought of only you when I chose the name."

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 6
  • LOL 5
12 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I read the FB comments to Jill’s “guess what the exciting news is” post, and something that one of the commentators said makes me think that might be what it is or maybe not.

I read the same thing LOL! Although that poster may just be a dummy too. 😂 

• LOL 2
20 hours ago, SMama said:

How can you see her pants in that picture? I agree about the hair, nice, flattering cut, and healthy hair. 

Oh, sorry about that. She was standing with her mother in another one of Jill’s pics. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, sjbraun said:

I have the retreat brochure -- I briefly considered attending (I'm a Christian but do feel the Rods are really over-the-top and thought it would be interesting in more ways than one!).

Rates for Friday night and 3 meals --

1 in a room, $165

2 in a room, $145 per person

3 in a room, $125 per person

4 in a room, $115 per person

Oh heavens I can see people suddenly getting charged for the rooms because Jill "forgot" to  pay for them.   Of course, Jill told the hotel each person would pay for their own room.   

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 3/29/2023 at 5:16 PM, ginger90 said:

0A836BCD-F632-4F4A-A80F-C2B710C0575A.jpeg

75C93560-E875-4E1D-AB41-8518EE3C32EF.jpeg

13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh goodness, so the Coverett sisters are all named with Hs.

Tim and Heidi matched on day two of the retreat too.

“Mahmo!! Take a picture of us just sitting here in our matching shirts the color of wilted green beans!”

• LOL 17
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That salad looks par for the course when talking about cheap catering both hotel and private caterers.  I've had that salad at many a wedding before being served over-cooked pasta and dry chicken.

I think that is the cheapest salad that is offered. I would hope they have an upgrade available because that would p--- me off if I paid for it! 

• Like 10
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think that is the cheapest salad that is offered. I would hope they have an upgrade available because that would p--- me off if I paid for it! 

I'm sure Jill chose the cheapest options. At least the attendees got to eat a meal prepared and served by someone else, and didn't have to clean up the kitchen afterwards. 

Is this the same hotel they've always used for Jill's retreat? I admit to not paying close attention to the deets. 

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Is this the same hotel they've always used for Jill's retreat? I admit to not paying close attention to the deets. 

No. She switched to this hotel, The Amish Inn, last year or the year before. Previously, she used a hotel that had a gym and a pool she let her kids and Nathan swim in more than once during the year, although they never stayed at the hotel. I figured Jill had found an unlocked door to sneak the denim-clad hoard in when she wanted. Maybe she got caught. 

I don't remember the name of the first hotel and, like David, I'm too lazy to look. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
54 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

No. She switched to this hotel, The Amish Inn, last year or the year before. Previously, she used a hotel that had a gym and a pool she let her kids and Nathan swim in more than once during the year, although they never stayed at the hotel. I figured Jill had found an unlocked door to sneak the denim-clad hoard in when she wanted. Maybe she got caught. 

I don't remember the name of the first hotel and, like David, I'm too lazy to look. 

Thanks. I'm not in the hotel biz, but it occurred to me that a religious conference like Jill's would not bring much bar revenue to the hotel. I wonder if the former hotel eventually didn't offer Jill acceptable pricing for her event, and she found a more amenable and affordable venue. Especially if she sneaked the kids into the pool and was generally a PITA. 

Also, I can't believe that horribly executed homemade sign shown in one of the photos above. I wonder if Jill did it when she was buzzed on her Plexus pink drink at 2:30 AM. 

• LOL 13
19 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Thanks. I'm not in the hotel biz, but it occurred to me that a religious conference like Jill's would not bring much bar revenue to the hotel. I wonder if the former hotel eventually didn't offer Jill acceptable pricing for her event, and she found a more amenable and affordable venue. Especially if she sneaked the kids into the pool and was generally a PITA. 

Yeah. I'd like to think the previous hotel tossed her out for bad behavior as in the campground incident, but her leaving was probably about her being able to take a bigger cut of the conference money. However, there haven't been any drain-clogging swimming photos at the Amish hotel that I know of, so maybe the pool has been off-limits to people not registered as guests. Oh, well. 

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Yeah. I'd like to think the previous hotel tossed her out for bad behavior as in the campground incident

It's possible they made clear that she wouldn't be welcome back. Or they may have been more subtle, and when she asked about booking the next event, they quoted her rates that were higher than before, and wouldn't budge despite her wailing and gnashing of her Jesus-worshipping teeth. Also, there was a pandemic going on in recent years, so who knows how it all played out. 

• LOL 13

It's also possible that the hotel Jill previously used could not accommodate her this year for a variety of reasons.  Their meeting rooms or kitchen may have been undergoing some renovations and unavailable for the weekend Jill wanted or she waited too long to book and someone else got it.  Or the hotel had too many room bookings for Jill's group to get the number of rooms they needed.  Or that hotel did in fact raise their rates and Jill did not want to have to raise hers.  Hotels look to nickel and dime you when you use their facilities and those costs can add up.  The hotel Jill previously used may have gotten rid of their free continental breakfast and wanted to charge Jill for an extra meal.  I have friends who worked in an adjacent field to catering so I know how much caterers charge for cheap food and drink.  Coffee is one of the money makers for caterers, and we all know how expensive eggs got.  I could very well see the hotel wanting to charge like $20 a person for a shitty breakfast.  

• Like 11
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It's also possible that the hotel Jill previously used could not accommodate her this year for a variety of reasons.  

I agree - the change of hotel could have nothing to do with Jill not being welcome back to the other one. But my inner 12-year-old savored the thought that Jill was either told not to come back or otherwise discouraged from a repeat booking.

Now, back to adulting. Which can be haaard. 🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 14
On 3/30/2023 at 2:44 AM, farmgal4 said:

I saw that comment too. I'm surprised Jill didn't delete it. If it is this, I would think Jill would be mighty upset that this person stole her joy of making the announcement. As we know, it's all about Jill!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I agree - the change of hotel could have nothing to do with Jill not being welcome back to the other one. But my inner 12-year-old savored the thought that Jill was either told not to come back or otherwise discouraged from a repeat booking.

Now, back to adulting. Which can be haaard. 🤣

I have seen the inner workings of my town's convention center that is attached to a hotel, and can confirm that Jill is not going to be the worst client that hotel has any given year.  She's a lot, but I can't see her screaming at the hotel staff over the tablecloths being the wrong shade of blue for example.  Or leaving trash everywhere after a church service (my Catholic ass still is astounded by people bringing in food and drink to a church service).

• Like 13
  • Mind Blown 2
Just now, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have seen the inner workings of my town's convention center that is attached to a hotel, and can confirm that Jill is not going to be the worst client that hotel has any given year.  She's a lot, but I can't see her screaming at the hotel staff over the tablecloths being the wrong shade of blue for example.  Or leaving trash everywhere after a church service (my Catholic ass still is astounded by people bringing in food and drink to a church service).

Yep. I have in the past worked as on-site staff at conventions. People can be pigs and event organizers can be jerks. It was an interesting slice of life to witness. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Yep. I have in the past worked as on-site staff at conventions. People can be pigs and event organizers can be jerks. It was an interesting slice of life to witness. 

When  my son was little, my  mother and I would go to the local mall to shop, walk around and have lunch. We made sure we left the table we ate at cleaned up of any crumbs, though it wasn't bad as he wasn't messy. We would be astounded at the condition that some people left their tables. Food everywhere, even on the floor. 

I am sure Jill isn't the worst of the worst that places get. I think it is possible that the hotel just couldn't accommodate her or the price went up too much and she wanted to make a profit. 

• Like 7