Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Wonder how much these things cost. Lotsa' clothes, food, travel expenses, tablets, computers, cameras, etc.

I guess I shouldn't worry 'cuz I'm sure they have plenty of books back home. No to mention edumacashunal opportunities.

• Love 1

Is it just me or is Jinger's smile kinda scarily eye-popping and manic? .... Hiding her real feelings? or Pepsi addiction?

We're discussing the Jinger pic on the Duggar kid thread dedicated to the older J kids. 

eta: David Rodrigues semi photobombs this pic of Jessa and the 70's throw. A lot of pics from Erin's wedding looked like this, with Rodrigueses finding their way into the lens shot. 

https://instagram.com/p/6aqkWBENAg/

Edited by Sew Sumi

I don't know how he did it, but Brandon managed to pull off the poop colored suit. Well done, Brandon.

Michael's dress looks even worse up close.

I don't know how to post links, but Carlin wore a sleeveless dress to the wedding. I wonder if the Maxwells were there in their frumpers tsk tsking her under their breaths. She looked gorgeous however, as did Josie Bates.

From what I've seen of the Duggars, they looked like their usual hot mess selves. Barring a loss of luggage, who the hell wears their travel clothes to a wedding the next day? My understanding is Jessa, Jinger and Michelle all wore recycled outfits.

• Love 1

Well, well...when Miss Jess is going to be around a buncha fellow fundies, she ditches the bursting-at-the-seams maternity wear. Interesting! And the 1970s throw description is perfect, Sew Sumi!

Jessa's dress isn't great, but I think it's better than the floor sweeping chevron striped skirt Jill lived in while she was "expecting" Izzy.

Does anyone know if the Smuggars made an appearance at the wedding?

• Love 2

Ugh. Close-up on the pink bridesmaid's dress doesn't pass scrutiny either.It looks like upholstery. Not to mention, this particular dress looks to be at least one size too big for teeny-tiny Alyssa who knows quite well what size she wears; she wears form-fitting stuff all the time. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

That dress. My eyes were drawn off Jessa's countenance.

Hair, every Duggar girl always has hair that looks like its never washed.    I always feel so greasy looking at pics. Slip, slidin away......

I though the dress Jinger wore to drive the bus was a one piece, short sleeved denim dress. The dress she wore to the wedding looked like a pink dress with a denim top over it. I could be wrong but I think they were two different dresses.

• Love 2

In nearly every wedding photo where she is posing for a camera, Michael either has her brow furrowed or her nose scrunched up. WTF.

I'm wondering if she needs glasses and makes strange faces when she is trying to see?

Ah, the Rodrigueses. Jill's blog about arrow number 12 arriving in the quiver is a hoot. Unintentionally, I think.

She's been up most of the night in contractions but does her hair and makeup while "bending over in pain." From her video, we know how long getting gorgeous takes. David has to call the print shop to say he can't come to work. (David works sometimes, people.) On the road, David suggests they stop to get breakfast (!) and then go to Lowes (!!) to pick up something for the RV. Good wife that she is, she agrees. However, eventually she has to suggest they "for-go" Lowes and then "fo-go" the breakfast idea. David "nods anxiously." The idea of missing a meal must have made him anxious. They make it to the hospital about 30 minutes before the baby comes. I won't go into the two sappy paragraphs about how David is nearly God in Jill's eyes because that part made my skin crawl. Anyway, Jill still in full make up poses with the new baby, while David poses in the same plaid shirt he wore to Michael Bates' wedding. Ah, life is grand in Quiverville

• Love 2

Ah, the Rodrigueses. Jill's blog about arrow number 12 arriving in the quiver is a hoot. Unintentionally, I think.

She's been up most of the night in contractions but does her hair and makeup while "bending over in pain." From her video, we know how long getting gorgeous takes. David has to call the print shop to say he can't come to work. (David works sometimes, people.) On the road, David suggests they stop to get breakfast (!) and then go to Lowes (!!) to pick up something for the RV. Good wife that she is, she agrees. However, eventually she has to suggest they "for-go" Lowes and then "fo-go" the breakfast idea. David "nods anxiously." The idea of missing a meal must have made him anxious. They make it to the hospital about 30 minutes before the baby comes. I won't go into the two sappy paragraphs about how David is nearly God in Jill's eyes because that part made my skin crawl. Anyway, Jill still in full make up poses with the new baby, while David poses in the same plaid shirt he wore to Michael Bates' wedding. Ah, life is grand in Quiverville

She has an interesting accent. She was all about "baylance" in her 45 minute makeup video.

She seems a bit clueless. Listen for the "oh my God" within the first 5 seconds. This is something she uploaded herself. http://youtu.be/Rj2ETxTuTy0

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

She has an interesting accent. She was all about "baylance" in her 45 minute makeup video.

She seems a bit clueless. Listen for the "oh my God" within the first 5 seconds. This is something she uploaded herself. http://youtu.be/Rj2ETxTuTy0

I was a little impressed with the youngest girl belting out the descant. I mean, she didn't quite have it, pitch-wise, but she was very calm and her timing was perfect.

You guys with your POSTS about Jill R. I'm a sucker, I have to go there every dang time, and they are NAUSEATING. I think,min videos when she's speaking directly to the camera, she purposes to sound EXACTLY like Mechelle. Really??? Is that a bar to set your sites on???

• Love 4

You guys with your POSTS about Jill R. I'm a sucker, I have to go there every dang time, and they are NAUSEATING. I think,min videos when she's speaking directly to the camera, she purposes to sound EXACTLY like Mechelle. Really??? Is that a bar to set your sites on???

No she is purposing to be Tammy Faye! The having one kid a year part is her way of famewhoring. lol MEchelle ain't glamorous I can't imagine her being anyone's idol. (oh NO Steve Maxwell might be after her if MEchelle is her idol)

If you look at the pics of Jill R when posing with a Bates or a Duggar, whichever Bates or Duggar that is in the pic looks like they have a forced expression on their face. Not very Christian like.

This was a post that was posted in the Dillards thread.  I origionally replied there, but thought it best to bring it here.

And to think Jill R. just had a baby over a week ago and she managed to look clean and polished and she has 12 kids!!

Jill's latest, Sophia, was born on July 15.  She's a month old, but I see what you mean.

And Jill might be clean and polished, but if you watch her latest YouTube video, it's 10 minutes of her talking about Biblical modesty and how men and women should not dress alike, etc.  Then there's 35 minutes of her putting on makeup and doing her hair, all in the very latest 80's fashion.  While that's happening, one of her older daughters is holding the camera in one hand and the newborn in the other, while she cries to be fed.  But Jill can't be bothered with that, she has a video to shoot.  Jill R. is Michelle 2.0, and she wouldn't have it any other way.  If she can't make it to the fundie big-time by showing up at every fundie event that will have her, she'll try her hand at becoming a social media superstar.  If that doesn't work, she'll marry teenaged Nurie off to the highest ranking fundie fellow that will have her.

Jill's ultimate goal is to get a TV show, where she'll get fame, recognition, validation, and attention.  The Duggars did it, the Bates family did it.  In Jill's mind, it's her turn.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 5

If you look at the pics of Jill R when posing with a Bates or a Duggar, whichever Bates or Duggar that is in the pic looks like they have a forced expression on their face. Not very Christian like.

Jill R doesn't have boundaries like a normal person. She's shameless and clueless. Here's a pic from her YouTube video about her sister Amy. w8bax0.jpg That's part of the slide show portion, it also fills up 35 minutes with Jill either zooming in with a video camera on her quadriplegic sister's body while she's in intensive care, or zooming in on her crying family's faces. Edited by Kokapetl

Oh please TLC, give Jill R a show. :)  Don't let them move out of the bus though. They have to stay in the bus. How about a caravan of the Rodrigues and the other Rodrigues. A show with a whole bunch of different fundies with large families. Why limit this to just one? Add a smattering of escapees so while they are watching their episodes, some ideas sneak in for the captives (err children). Don't mess with the 'leaving fundies' like you did 'leaving amish'. Just, you know, slip envelopes of cash under the table to them without manipulating the story line. I can't believe I don't work for TLC :D.

• Love 4

JMHO at least Jill understands that when you dress nice to a nice function you make a good impression. I guess it's the Italian in me that always wants to look good out in public because you  never know who you are going to run into.

https://www.facebook.com/rodriguesfamilylovesjesus?fref=nf

As for MEchelle wow she got a fancy new top that she wore yesterday and shows up to a wedding with it still on? Sorry but there is NO excuse for the Duggars to not look nice every so often especially at a WEDDING. 

Explaination;http://bitchinlifestyle.tv/video/wod-brutta-figura/

Isn't Michelle wearing a maternity top? I'm supposing it isn't, but it looks like one. 

Oh please TLC, give Jill R a show. :)  Don't let them move out of the bus though. They have to stay in the bus. How about a caravan of the Rodrigues and the other Rodrigues. A show with a whole bunch of different fundies with large families. Why limit this to just one? Add a smattering of escapees so while they are watching their episodes, some ideas sneak in for the captives (err children). Don't mess with the 'leaving fundies' like you did 'leaving amish'. Just, you know, slip envelopes of cash under the table to them without manipulating the story line. I can't believe I don't work for TLC :D.

YES!!!! Jill R needs her own show but she prayed and prayed and stalked everyone she knew til she found a house so the stink bus might  just might have to  be a prop since she cried about how in the end the bus idea didn't really work with 11 kids and one on the way. She was desperate to find a house and God answered her.

Don't forget about the part were Jill takes a shower and mentions she shaved her legs. OMG too much TMI! #moderndayTammyFaye

Alas, she mentioned she shaved while in the bath. She didn't say what she shaved. TMI tripled by omission. She's super hot for David, so who knows what she does to please him. 

• Love 3

Question- do they really live in a bus?? That bathroom was the size of a hall closet!!

I think that was the motorhome, the ceiling looked quite low and there were motorhome style cabinets over a bed in the background.

Alas, she mentioned she shaved while in the bath. She didn't say what she shaved. TMI tripled by omission. She's super hot for David, so who knows what she does to please him.

Brain bleach, please?

PLEASE????

• Love 2