Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I think Up canceled the Bates due to Shiny Happy People coming out. The timing lines up.

About the time they were canceled was when SHP was making contact with potential interviewees. I think we narrowed down the filming time using the timing of Jill's book and matching it with her SHP interview.

SHP aired in late June 2023 and Jill's book was released in September, and she began pushing it in early June.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

I skimmed some of the video of the Vermont grift week.

Dave mentions a recent RV break down, asks for prayers about "God providing" another RV.

Jill mentions they could not play the songs the had planned because "the tablet with ALL their music is "completely dead".  Not sure why the tablet matters since none of the children ever have music in front of them.

Jill sobs about how it is so good for her mama's heart to have the children hear great preaching.

They must have another grift stop in New England this weekend, since they are scheduled at old fashion sunday in PA next week.

Month away in July, more than a month in sept/oct. Jill is such a homebody.😂

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 10
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I skimmed some of the video of the Vermont grift week.

Dave mentions a recent RV break down, asks for prayers about "God providing" another RV.

Jill mentions they could not play the songs the had planned because "the tablet with ALL their music is "completely dead".  Not sure why the tablet matters since none of the children ever have music in front of them.

Jill sobs about how it is so good for her mama's heart to have the children hear great preaching.

They must have another grift stop in New England this weekend, since they are scheduled at old fashion sunday in PA next week.

Month away in July, more than a month in sept/oct. Jill is such a homebody.😂

Sounds like someone is looking for a new tablet in addition to an RV... 🤔

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, emma675 said:

This pisses me off so much. People in TN, NC, SC, GA, and FL have lost everything in a storm and these lazy grifters are begging for a new RV and tablet. I hope they get absolutely nothing.

And her beloved Florida is going to get ripped to shreds again later this week. That pastor with the boat and pool may well be under water after Milton runs through the state. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 9
12 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And her beloved Florida is going to get ripped to shreds again later this week. That pastor with the boat and pool may well be under water after Milton runs through the state. 

Yes. I've just been watching the news. That storm is big time scary and heading for Florida. 

• Sad 10
3 minutes ago, Minivanessa said:

Yes. I've just been watching the news. That storm is big time scary and heading for Florida. 

We have family friends who will probably be impacted. I asked their daughter to please keep me updated. 

• Sad 7
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Not to mention, but has she never heard of backing things up?

• Like 9
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Not to mention, but has she never heard of backing things up?

She has talked many times about that giant binder with all the music/songs she has deemed appropriate. 😂

So much safer than these modern, worldly devices......

Edited by crazy8s
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Bwahahahahahahaha.   Please tell me this is directed at Lazy Dave.

It will definitely trigger Jill, so I’m here for it. 

5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Nurie is dressed like a saloonkeeper in the Wild West; Kaylee and Renee are dressed and made up to look like they work upstairs in the saloon. Tessie appears to be wearing a tablecloth or old curtains with a lace trim.  I thought Jill didn't celebrate Halloween. 

Why does Jill think these looks are attractive or wholesome? Even on a budget, she could have found decent dresses and skipped the ton of makeup and outdated hairdos. 

These poor, poor girls. Their mother always seems to want them to look as bad as possible. I'm glad Jill never got a reality TV show to embarrass her children to  a national audience every week. 

And the weird pole hugging! What’s up with that? She made Samuel and Brigot do the same. 

• Like 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I thought they were on UP or something like that. But yes, there were on TLC first (with the Duggars).

Yes, and I'll bet Jim Bob bitterly regretted it. He let his "sweet friends" appear on his TV show and, next thing he knew, they scored a special of their own, followed by a series on a competing network. He never made that mistake again.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Like 1
  • LOL 12
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Sounds like someone is looking for a new tablet in addition to an RV... 🤔

Yep because these lazy entitled wastes of space expect other hard working people to give them stuff 

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

I guess the tablet may somehow hook into their sound system and provide backing music.  Oh well, too bad.  I thought they were so old fashion, so why do they need all these newfangled things?  Instead of an RV, how about a covered wagon?  Brianne could dress up like Laura Ingalls Wilder.

BTW, I'm getting the popcorn ready for the Jill and Brianne show once she gets that ring on her finger.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
(edited)

OMG, you have to see her latest with all the girls talking. I’m sure someone here is much better than me at copying and pasting things. I’m a lost cause on that. They are all super high-pitched, like what a dog would hear. I’m kind of surprised because we’ve never really heard them before. But they sound just like Nurie - just that weird high voice, but I have no idea what the point of it is. If they’re trying to sound meek and submissive they have that down pat. I see Brianna speaks the same way.

I naturally have kind of have a soft voice, especially around dogs or cats! I turn into a baby voice when I talk to them. But hopefully my normal conversation doesn’t sound anything like that. I’m certainly not trying to be submissive to any guy! I have been married over 40 years, and if anything I probably sound like Bea Arthur  to my husband. 😂

Edited by EmeraldGirl
PS: It’s on YouTube. Sophia looks horrible. Teeth are all jacked up miserable, and she’s talking like a two-year-old.
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

OMG, you have to see her latest with all the girls talking. I’m sure someone here is much better than me at copying and pasting things. I’m a lost cause on that. They are all super high-pitched, like what a dog would hear. I’m kind of surprised because we’ve never really heard them before. But they sound just like Nurie - just that weird high voice, but I have no idea what the point of it is. If they’re trying to sound meek and submissive they have that down pat. I see Brianna speaks the same way.

I naturally have kind of have a soft voice, especially around dogs or cats! I turn into a baby voice when I talk to them. But hopefully my normal conversation doesn’t sound anything like that. I’m certainly not trying to be submissive to any guy! I have been married over 40 years, and if anything I probably sound like Bea Arthur  to my husband. 😂

I watched the video and wow, the voices. I can't believe they all (including Bri) speak that way naturally. And I'll say it for the upteenth time, something wrong with Bri. 

• Like 17
(edited)

That video was all sorts of creepy. Bri seems way younger than her 25 years. Why do all the boys have such awkward voices too? I can't imagine listening to Bri's voice for the rest of my life. Unless, that's just her meek little voice and once they are married, she uses her normal voice. Just ilke other girls, I couldn't listen to their voices for forever either.

Poor Renee, watching another sibling court and get married, while she sits with her earrings begging God for a man to come into her life.

Edtied to add, that Sam and Bri look like they just ran into each other at a store. They look so uncomfortable and truly don't really know each other well. Never thought that Tim and Heidi would be the "win" couple.

Edited by Madtown
  • Like 15
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Edtied to add, that Sam and Bri look like they just ran into each other at a store. They look so uncomfortable and truly don't really know each other well. Never thought that Tim and Heidi would be the "win" couple.

I know what you mean. Tim and Heidi seemed a bit shy at first (at least Tim did) but they seemed to get over it fast enough. These two.... gosh, I just don't know. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I watched the video and wow, the voices. I can't believe they all (including Bri) speak that way naturally. And I'll say it for the upteenth time, something wrong with Bri. 

We’ve heard Brigot’s real voice in the video with her family, and it is NOT high and meek. She’s a fake. 

• Like 13
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, AstridM said:

We’ve heard Brigot’s real voice in the video with her family, and it is NOT high and meek. She’s a fake. 

She is playing a role. The voice, the costume, the demure nature...... 

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3

Didn’t they say something about the high-pitched voice in Shiny Happy People? Maybe I’m mixing things up. But it’s definitely one of those “traits” women are expected to have. Shows they’re gentle and demure and good with children. Or some such crap.

Regardless, that was creepy as hell. It sounded to me like most of the girls were deliberately speaking in their head voices, which doesn’t sound at all natural. But natural isn’t exactly something they aspire to. (See: eyebrows)

• Like 7
  • Sad 5
1 minute ago, AgathaC said:

Didn’t they say something about the high-pitched voice in Shiny Happy People? Maybe I’m mixing things up. But it’s definitely one of those “traits” women are expected to have. Shows they’re gentle and demure and good with children. Or some such crap.

Jim Bob's sister about Michelle - she was a cheerleader we know she can yell.   

I about died when she said that.   yeah the fundie baby voice is totally a fake voice put on to seem more submissive.    It's bullshit to put it bluntly.

• Like 15
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 1

That was a tough watch.  You could hear the nervousness in the girls' voices, as if something terrible was waiting if they didn't recite their lines perfectly (there probably was something terrible waiting).  Zero individual thoughts in that entire video.  Everyone is "so excited" (multiple times!) and everyone is "so sweet".  

Jill's SOTDRT needs a thesaurus introduced to the curriculum.  

• Like 10
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 1
5 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

That was a tough watch.  You could hear the nervousness in the girls' voices, as if something terrible was waiting if they didn't recite their lines perfectly (there probably was something terrible waiting).  Zero individual thoughts in that entire video.  Everyone is "so excited" (multiple times!) and everyone is "so sweet".  

Jill's SOTDRT needs a thesaurus introduced to the curriculum.  

I had a bigger vocabulary than they do by the 5th grade.

• Like 12
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Are we sure she had an actual degree from a real, legitimate college?  Either her degree is in acting, or she can't handle being with real people.  The simpering voice will get old soon.  Maybe this is the right place for her.  I can't see her interacting with business people, or teaching, or any other "normal" job. She came across as being afraid of her own shadow.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1

The Rodrigues girls have been shown many times talking in a normal sounding voice. Only when mama has the camera on them do they all instantly change to that high pitched squeal.

At every grift stop they all introduce themselves and recite their given lines in normal voices. They all have the Rod stilted style of speech.

My opinion is Brianne is playing the same game for Mama Jill's videos and uses her regular voice in every day life.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
Just now, precious pupp said:

Where can I find this video?  Was it on Reddit?

I think it was on TikTok, but was linked on Reddit at one point.

• Thanks 1

I swear to Lord Daniel that the next video Jillzilla puts up, I’m turning into a drinking game.  Drink once for “blessing”, twice for “joy”, make someone else drink for “godly”, you get the picture. 

• LOL 15

I lost my mind for a moment and watched the Official Courtship Video™ and FF'd to where all the Rodlets were talking about how freakin' excited they were that Bri and Sammy were a'courting. The girls were all wringing their hands so hard I thought they were going to be twisted off. And those voices! My dog speaks clearer than those poor children. 😢

FU Jill. Just FU.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 4
On 10/6/2024 at 11:59 AM, PradaKitty said:

Why are the girls wearing their purity rings on their middle fingers? Is this a thing or did Jill and David not have the rings sized for them? I wear a size 5 ring which is hard to find and I usually have to have rings sized to fit my little scrawny fingers. (Don’t get me started about small wrists and watches!). Considering Jill’s girls are rail thin, I would guess that the rings are pretty loose, even on the middle fingers. Jill. With her giant sausage fingers and circulation cutting rings would not understand this. 
or…maybe it’s a subtle way to say f.u. to all of the girls who aren’t wearing purity rings. 🙄

SAME!!!  Bracelets are hard when your wrist is like a toddlers (yet average sized person).

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Many mlms are going to affiliate marketing.  Meaning pay only comes from sales. 

Interesting and as it should be. 

• Like 3

In a moment of great weakness (and boredom) I watched the courtin’ video. JFC! What is WRONG with that entire family?!??! The abnormally pitched voices sound like a mix of Scarlett O’Hare and helium. Jesauce, godly, praise the lord, blah, blah, blah.  I simply cannot with that family. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
(edited)

This is the picture Jill thought was most appropriate to feature on a video about her son’s courtship announcement. A picture of HER (highly filtered, of course!) why not a picture of the courting couple??

271FFE77-86A9-4F35-9CC6-3919A999418A.jpeg

A message on one of her SM pages in reference to Brigot. Of course, what a great compliment to Jill! 🤦‍♀️😆

31255102-BD5C-40C2-BC33-295C272700B2.jpeg

Edited by AstridM
  • LOL 14
4 minutes ago, AstridM said:

This is the picture Jill thought was most appropriate to feature on a video about her son’s courtship announcement. A picture of HER (highly filtered, of course!) why not a picture of the courting couple??

271FFE77-86A9-4F35-9CC6-3919A999418A.jpeg

Because SHE is the star? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Are we sure she had an actual degree from a real, legitimate college?  Either her degree is in acting, or she can't handle being with real people.  The simpering voice will get old soon.  Maybe this is the right place for her.  I can't see her interacting with business people, or teaching, or any other "normal" job. She came across as being afraid of her own shadow.

Yes, she has a real degree (BA) from the University of Florida. Class of '21, IIRC. Someone on Reddit dug it all up. 

• Mind Blown 2
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I swear to Lord Daniel that the next video Jillzilla puts up, I’m turning into a drinking game.  Drink once for “blessing”, twice for “joy”, make someone else drink for “godly”, you get the picture. 

"diligent" will probably cause alcohol poisoning.

• LOL 14
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yes, she has a real degree (BA) from the University of Florida. Class of '21, IIRC. Someone on Reddit dug it all up. 

She spoke and acted like a 14-year-old who didn't know how to get of the rain.  Maybe Jill can guide her and watch out for her.  (shudder)

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

She spoke and acted like a 14-year-old who didn't know how to get of the rain.  Maybe Jill can guide her and watch out for her.  (shudder)

Sweet baby Jesus, she's throwing it all away to play stupid southern belle. I may actually have to watch this one. Sounds like a huge trainwreck. 

• Like 7

My reaction to the video  was that it is intended as an "FU" to Heidi. As in, Brianne is so much better than you and we like her even better! We have a worthy sister/daughter in law in Brianne! The girls were all just parroting what Jill had told to say. One mentioned that Brianne was so respectful of Dave and Jill. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

My reaction to the video  was that it is intended as an "FU" to Heidi. As in, Brianne is so much better than you and we like her even better! We have a worthy sister/daughter in law in Brianne! The girls were all just parroting what Jill had told to say. One mentioned that Brianne was so respectful of Dave and Jill. 

I'm sure scriptwriting was involved. 😏

Jill is not only going to lose her son and his wife but also their children if she keeps up this childish c---. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 7
28 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm sure scriptwriting was involved. 😏

Funny not one of them mentioned she would be an obedient wife to Samuel, with his being the headship in their marriage and all.

She's pretty, she dresses modestly, she's respectful.....🤮

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Funny not one of them mentioned she would be an obedient wife to Samuel, with his being the headship in their marriage and all.

She's pretty, she dresses modestly, she's respectful.....🤮

They should have said she would obey Jill just like he does. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2