Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Do the two little ones play an instrument? Or is Jill fully aware it won't soon matter because a family of 2 or 3 singing teens isn't worth the small grift?

Sofia and Janessa do not do anything but stand there and maybe mouth some words. I doubt anyone is teaching them music or educating them at all.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Just wondering why you say it’s allegedly her? Did you watch this video you mentioned, if as you say she fits in with their views?

Yea I saw the video. Why do you think I made my comment? I based it on the video I seen of Bri acting awfully. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Yea I saw the video. Why do you think I made my comment? I based it on the video I seen of Bri acting awfully. 

I asked because you said it’s “allegedly” her.

”There is a video circulating allegedly of Bri”

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Sofia and Janessa do not do anything but stand there and maybe mouth some words. I doubt anyone is teaching them music or educating them at all.

What was Bri doing?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

That’s what I thought. All I can remember from that is Dave and Jill against a tree kissing.

Why are they always posting pics of themselves kissing??? That’s not very mahdest.

For the same reason JB humped Michelle on the golf course in front of their unmarried daughter--because they can and to show that they are married.  "We can do this, but you can't".

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What was Bri doing?

She was arguing with her Dad about homosexuality. It was awful. It’s on Reddit and I believe was originally posted on her sister’s IG. 

She is Jill 2.0

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Angry 4
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

For the same reason JB humped Michelle on the golf course in front of their unmarried daughter--because they can and to show that they are married.  "We can do this, but you can't".

Actually, they can..... 

6 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

She was arguing with her Dad about homosexuality. It was awful. It’s on Reddit and I believe was originally posted on her sister’s IG. 

She is Jill 2.0

Poor Sam. I don't know enough about him but she seems to be worse than Jill. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
30 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Actually, they can..... 

Poor Sam. I don't know enough about him but she seems to be worse than Jill. 

I don't think Sam has any agency in who he marries.  I believe Jill and this 25-year old woman started DM'ing or something and Jill decided to bring her into the fold to control marry her son.  Jill seems to have lost control over Tim and Phillip and that's not a good look for the happy wonderful Rod family.

I feel sorry for Sam, but he probably doesn't know anything BUT being controlled, so he's just changing Jill for Bri.  It gives me the ick.

• Like 12
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don’t understand why anyone is always surprised that a fundie is a POS. Their beliefs are well known.

Yup, no surprise. At least it was posted as her sister outing her hate and not posted a la Derick and spewing hate. To me there is a difference.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I feel sorry for Sam, but he probably doesn't know anything BUT being controlled, so he's just changing Jill for Bri.  It gives me the ick.

Having someone scream at him and being controlling is normal for him.   He doesn't know any other way.   Tim on the other hand was surprised and probably more than a little disoriented to see Heidi's family not act that way.   

• Like 15
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Just wondering why you say it’s allegedly her? Did you watch this video you mentioned, if as you say she fits in with their views?

I watched it. Her sister filmed it from down a hall, and you can see Bri in all her Anne of Green Gables glory. She equates gay people with child molesters, arguing with her dad. The video is from 3 years ago, and no baby voice to be found. Just something very poorly argued.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 9
  • Sad 5
  • Angry 3
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7825.jpeg

IMG_7826.jpeg

I'm sure they were the only ones enjoying their "singing" and "ministering" at the nursing home.  Those poor precious people must had thought they must have done something horrible to deserve the Rodrigues' treatment.😖

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I watched it. Her sister filmed it from down a hall, and you can see Bri in all her Anne of Green Gables glory. 

That’s why I’m wondering about “allegedly” being used. It’s bugging me for some unexplainable reason!

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 7
44 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I find it sad that the nursing home is decorated much nicer than Jill’s home. 

I first wonder if it's really nursing home or possibly assisted or independent living.  They tend toward better decor.  I'm actually happy for the people living there that they get to live in a better decorated facility than Jill's barndo.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I watched it. Her sister filmed it from down a hall, and you can see Bri in all her Anne of Green Gables glory. She equates gay people with child molesters, arguing with her dad. The video is from 3 years ago, and no baby voice to be found. Just something very poorly argued.

It's horrifying, Brianne says all gay people are disgusting and insinuates that they should all be put to death. She claims to know at least 15 gay people and says that they are all pedophiles. Her dad seems equally frustrated and furious that she is spewing such hate. I think she and Jill get along just fine, they have the same horrible views.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 10
  • Angry 7
(edited)
18 minutes ago, emma675 said:

It's horrifying, Brianne says all gay people are disgusting and insinuates that they should all be put to death. She claims to know at least 15 gay people and says that they are all pedophiles. Her dad seems equally frustrated and furious that she is spewing such hate. I think she and Jill get along just fine, they have the same horrible views.

She is disgusting and I hope she ends up miserable. I also hope she will wake up from this cult, but I doubt it. 

I just can't tolerate this. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 18
  • Fire 1
27 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I believe she was still following the NIFB at that time. Pastor Steven Anderson preaches the anti-gay rhetoric that Brianne was spewing. Her church was an offshoot of Anderson's home church in AZ, which she visited around this time. 

• Angry 3
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I find it sad that the nursing home is decorated much nicer than Jill’s home. 

I wonder if that's why they took a pic there. It looks a lot nicer and well framed than most of their pics.

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I just wonder how well Bri and Jilly will get along. Bri seems a little bit too much like Jilly. Bri may try to out-Jill Jill. And Jilly ain't gonna like that...

I think she will try to out-Jill, Jill. I think she is playing meek, probably buddying up to Jill. Once she is married, I can see her giving Jill flack for tight skirts, make up.... 

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I just wonder how well Bri and Jilly will get along. Bri seems a little bit too much like Jilly. Bri may try to out-Jill Jill. And Jilly ain't gonna like that...

I wonder this as well. Bri seems all in on her beliefs. Jill is also, but knows how to play the game to the grift audiences.

Jill will call out churches for letting their standards slip in a random blog post they will probably never see, but she isn't going to full on challenge them while she is there on stage with the love offering basket needing donations.

Samuel is meek enough to let Bri run things. Phillip and Bri would have been interesting.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

There is a video circulating allegedly of Bri being an awful person. She sure fits in with Jill’s / Dave views. 

Bri is just desperate to get married to any guy who is the right Christian… I predict a wedding next year. 

I haven’t seen the video, but have seen some of her FB posts (public posts) where she refers to gay people (a gay teen minor girl 😡) as “sodomites.” I have no words for the depths of my utter disgust. 

• Like 18
  • Angry 1
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think she will try to out-Jill, Jill. I think she is playing meek, probably buddying up to Jill. Once she is married, I can see her giving Jill flack for tight skirts, make up.... 

If not Jill herself, what if she starts in with comments to Renee, Tessie or Hannah about the makeup. Then they decide maybe they don't want to take that much time with their "grooming" or begin to feel its immodest?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

ABSOLUTELY SICKENING 🤬🤬🤬

1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I wish speech like that were illegal. Yep, i said it🤷‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She is disgusting and I hope she ends up miserable. I also hope she will wake up from this cult, but I doubt it. 

I just can't tolerate this. 

You and me both, my friend. I can’t even explain how angry and sickened I am.

• Like 14
5 minutes ago, AstridM said:

ABSOLUTELY SICKENING 🤬🤬🤬

I wish speech like that were illegal. Yep, i said it🤷‍♀️

I wish it were too. 

Jill is going to have her hands full with someone who out-zealots her. 

• Like 11
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Actually, they can..... 

That was  before Ben and Jessa were married.  I would have died of embarrassment if my parents had pulled this stunt in public, let alone on NATIONAL TV.  They really had no shame. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

Weird, I’ve know literally hundreds of LGBT people, and not one has been a pedophile, to my knowledge. But I’ve known several pastors who WERE…

I wonder if Bri is acquainted with the Duggars. 🤔

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Weird, I’ve known literally hundreds of LGBT people, and not one has been a pedophile, to my knowledge. But I’ve known several pastors who WERE

clearly, her fake Rod accent is just that - completely FAKE. 

I just watched a doc on Amazon called Rewind.  About generational sexual abuse and one of the abusers was a prominent cantor in NY.  it was sickening.

Can we see a Feats of Strength between this Bri and Jill? 🤞

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I just watched a doc on Amazon called Rewind.  About generational sexual abuse and one of the abusers was a prominent cantor in NY.  it was sickening.

Can we see a Feats of Strength between this Bri and Jill? 🤞

Years ago, at the library I work at, we had gotten our first public computers. They were always packed and every so often, I would have to sit at the desk looking out at them to help patrons if needed. There was a guy about 18 almost right in from of me and I saw he was kind of bouncing around his chair. I noticed he was looking at pictures of very young girls, children, in revealing clothing. Long story short he got in trouble and was not allowed to come back (we had screen shots) for a set period of time. The girls weren't nude just in very little clothing according to TPTB. I didn't buy that. 

A few years later, I was wondering what became of him. This is when I first got on FB. I looked him up (he had a very distinctive last name) and he was engaged. He was also a youth pastor. 

And that is my brush with pedophiles. I'm sure their are more that have crossed my path unawares. The friends I have that are gay are all very nice people and unless they lead some hidden life, I highly doubt they are a danger to society. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Applause 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Years ago, at the library I work at, we had gotten our first public computers. They were always packed and every so often, I would have to sit at the desk looking out at them to help patrons if needed. There was a guy about 18 almost right in from of me and I saw he was kind of bouncing around his chair. I noticed he was looking at pictures of very young girls, children, in revealing clothing. Long story short he got in trouble and was not allowed to come back (we had screen shots) for a set period of time. The girls weren't nude just in very little clothing according to TPTB. I didn't buy that. 

A few years later, I was wondering what became of him. This is when I first got on FB. I looked him up (he had a very distinctive last name) and he was engaged. He was also a youth pastor. 

And that is my brush with pedophiles. I'm sure their are more that have crossed my path unawares. The friends I have that are gay are all very nice people and unless they lead some hidden life, I highly doubt they are a danger to society. 

These are the same guys eagerly watching videos of Layla and Haley, etc 😪. And their parents know that and do it anyway. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

These are the same guys eagerly watching videos of Layla and Haley, etc 😪. And their parents know that and do it anyway. 

Yes. The site he was on was deemed a modeling site despite everything. I can only imagine if we had tik tok and all of that. 

• Sad 4

I don't know how to explain it, but there seems to be a difference between what Derick did and what Bri did even though it was the same thing.  I think it's because Derick just went off on social media, wrote a ton of bullshit, and went on about his day (he was still in the wrong, though, and deserved the backlash that he got).  Hearing Bri yelling at her dad?  That was intense.  You could just feel the hate coming through her words.  And her comment on knowing the 15 gay people?  Where the hell is she going to find 15 pedophiles?  Did she take a survey for dog's sake?  I thought Jill met her match in Heidi, but Bri is going to up the game.  That's one angry little Prairie House girl.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 5
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I watched it too, several times, just to affirm it was her.  It is.  I was also able to access her FB page today.  She’s OD’ed on the Kool-Aid.  Jill R has to be beyond thrilled.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1
46 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I watched it too, several times, just to affirm it was her.  It is.  I was also able to access her FB page today.  She’s OD’ed on the Kool-Aid.  Jill R has to be beyond thrilled.

I watched it twice. I wonder if her knowing 15 gay pedophiles is equal to Jill's "man in the ladies room" episode.

Like she has seen 15 people she decided by their looks they were gay and therefore pedophiles.

Like the "man in the ladies room" washing their hands was such a threat to Jill she couldn't wash her hands and needed to make a big deal about with both IHOP and then spotting a police car and flagging it down to tell an officer about the danger.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 3
23 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I watched it twice. I wonder if her knowing 15 gay pedophiles is equal to Jill's "man in the ladies room" episode.

Like she has seen 15 people she decided by their looks they were gay and therefore pedophiles.

Like the "man in the ladies room" washing their hands was such a threat to Jill she couldn't wash her hands and needed to make a big deal about with both IHOP and then spotting a police car and flagging it down to tell an officer about the danger.

There is no way in hell she's met 15 gay pedophiles. She just thinks every gay person is a pedophile.

However, I pretty sure she met plenty of pedophiles in her church.

• Like 14
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Sort of off topic, but I watched "Some Like it Hot" the other night.  I love that movie.  Anyway the hosts were talking about what a good job the dress designer did and how he made Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon really look like women.  He said they looked so authentic that they used the ladies rest room in the commissary and no one knew they weren't women.  I get really tired of people being so judgmental.  I wonder how Jill will react when her daughter-in-law starts telling her not to post so many pictures, to stop filtering what she does post, and makes comments on her makeup and wardrobe.  New converts usually know all the "rules" and abide by them strictly.  Be careful what you wish for, Jill.

• Like 19
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I believe she was still following the NIFB at that time. Pastor Steven Anderson preaches the anti-gay rhetoric that Brianne was spewing. Her church was an offshoot of Anderson's home church in AZ, which she visited around this time. 

Since Bri here is or was a Steven Anderson Groupie  she may want to know that  even he couldn't keep all his kids in line. 

• Like 8

I'm quite a bit older than Bri and I know exactly one person that crossed my path who turned out to be a pedophile. He was a director of an overnight camp. He was a straight married man with kids.

I don't know the numbers but I'm going to guess the majority of child molesters are straight and very few are LGBTQ+.

Bri is spouting one example of the fear based twisted shit Fundies are taught. It really is disgusting.

• Like 8
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 4
51 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Bri is spouting one example of the fear based twisted shit Fundies are taught. It really is disgusting.

It totally is. I can understand where the Rod kids get it. They've probably never even met an openly gay person. Heck, they've never met a trusted person who told them that they can have different beliefs from their parents. I don't get the Bris of the world though. How can you be out in the world, have parents and siblings who don't believe your homophobic nonsense, meet enough people to observe that the fundie fear-mongering doesn't match reality and still swallow it hook, line and sinker?

• Like 15