Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

"We know they are making an impact for eternity so we let them leave"

So if he wasn't a preacher with a church already they would have to stick close to Jill?    I know the answer to that question already.

How about "I know they are grown adults with their lives so we don't try to make them stay."   Nah, that would involve Jill actually acknowledging her kids can exist without her.   

• Like 19
14 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

So if he wasn't a preacher with a church already they would have to stick close to Jill?    I know the answer to that question already.

How about "I know they are grown adults with their lives so we don't try to make them stay."   Nah, that would involve Jill actually acknowledging her kids can exist without her.   

and that SHE is the center of their universe. 

• Like 11
(edited)

I don't understand how Nathan can afford to take weeks off all the time and take his family on jaunts to Ohio. Isn't his church really small? I can't imagine it pays a livable wage.

Edited by emma675
  • Like 9
  • Useful 4
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I don't understand how Nathan can afford to take weeks off all the time and take his family on jaunts to Ohio. Isn't his church really small? I can't imagine it pays a livable wage.

He must have a paying job. Maybe he is still doing lawn care with his brother?

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He must have a paying job. Maybe he is still doing lawn care with his brother?

I thought his brother moved to Arkansas?

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I thought his brother moved to Arkansas?

No, he's in Florida. The Reber daughter moved. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Remembered her name
  • Like 7
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

It reminds me of when Jeremy Vuolo was the pastor of that tiny church in the Southwest (before he and Jinger ended up in Los Angeles). Based on the amount of time he spent traveling around, it seemed like he was never actually working at his church. We all wondered why his congregation put up with him.

Do we actually know that Nathan is the official full-time pastor of his church? I wouldn't take Jill's word for it because we know how she exaggerates lies. Maybe he just has a part-time assistant job there.

• Like 14

9 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

I thought she and Nurie wept and wept when they had to say goodbye and depart from each other.  Nurie didn't look very sad.  Maybe they will see each other very soon for their summer vacation so that kept the weeping down.  

Jill is probably as good at performative weeping as she is at performative modest dressing. It depends on the day.

• Like 12
9 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

It reminds me of when Jeremy Vuolo was the pastor of that tiny church in the Southwest (before he and Jinger ended up in Los Angeles). Based on the amount of time he spent traveling around, it seemed like he was never actually working at his church. We all wondered why his congregation put up with him.

He was even gone for major occasions like Easter. LOL 

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_6765.jpeg

.David already spoke on day 4. 

Oh wow a tent revival! That is new 🙄. I wonder if it was old fashioned? Honestly, this is all these people got. Those poor kids having to sit through this.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Sad 13
(edited)

"For I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe."

Is there a typo in there somewhere?  I'll admit to not being familiar with this particular verse.

I've read enough fiction that centered around "tent revivals" that just that phrase makes me shudder a little bit.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 9
22 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

"For I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe."

Is there a typo in there somewhere?  I'll admit to not being familiar with this particular verse.

It is only a partial verse.

Habakkuk 1:5 King James Version (KJV)

Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you.

• Useful 9
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Oh wow a tent revival! That is new 🙄. I wonder if it was old fashioned? Honestly, this is all these people got. Those poor kids having to sit through this.

It used to be advertised as an "old fashion" tent revival, a term which best home school mama also used. That apparently has been removed, although the old family photo is still there. The special-music Rodriguii are several members fewer these days, so false advertising. 

Looks like Pastor Cowgill has a son to carry on the family traditions. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
48 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We've got a couple of Ohioans on here. Take one for the team. Who knows, you may even make Jill's IG and FB. 😬😁

Wear a hat, sunblock and ear plugs, and bring a battery-operated fan. No one should damage their health for hours of fire and brimstone and the screeching Rodriguii.  

• Applause 2
  • LOL 16
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Wear a hat, sunblock and ear plugs, and bring a battery-operated fan. No one should damage their health for hours of fire and brimstone and the screeching Rodriguii.  

I’m in Ohio but I would literally rather stick a fork in my eye.

• LOL 22
49 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I’m in Ohio but I would literally rather stick a fork in my eye.

Just out of curiosity, how close are you? Like is it likely you'll ever run into a Rod?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We've got a couple of Ohioans on here. Take one for the team. Who knows, you may even make Jill's IG and FB. 😬😁

If anyone does go, you might be one of the souls that Jill saves! That will probably get you a mention on her social media. 

• LOL 14
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Just out of curiosity, how close are you? Like is it likely you'll ever run into a Rod?

I’m in SW Ohio several hours away from them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill is promoting a book about the evils of screentime. Does she not get it? 😂

Jill practices willful ignorance a lot.

• Like 20
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill is promoting a book about the evils of screentime. Does she not get it? 😂

No she doesn't. In her mind, she can't do no wrong. Also, she probably sees her social media posts as a ministry. If you do it for Jesus, it can't be bad.

• Like 17

She is on her phone and social media a lot more than I am.  Who does she think she is preaching to?  Her self importance knows no end.  Is she truly this ignorant?

• Like 13

Just add it to the list of things Jill tells others not to do that she does to excess.

• Boasting
  • Hair/make-up/modesty
  • Putting others last 
  • Judging others 
  • Lying
  • Not putting Jesus first

I'm sure there's a few I missed.

• Like 19
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Just add it to the list of things Jill tells others not to do that she does to excess.

• Boasting
  • Hair/make-up/modesty
  • Putting others last 
  • Judging others 
  • Lying

dress modestly 

respect the privacy of others

• Like 8
On 5/24/2024 at 9:40 AM, GeeGolly said:

Hillsboro is over by Dayton, about a 3 hour drive for me.  No thanks, not even for you @GeeGolly

• Like 2
  • LOL 14

Potential tornado west of Mansfield, southeast of Five Corners--is the barndo near there?  I wonder if the Rods would actually take cover or just pray the tornado away.  I can't imagine the barndo is a safe place to be.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Potential tornado west of Mansfield, southeast of Five Corners--is the barndo near there?  I wonder if the Rods would actually take cover or just pray the tornado away.  I can't imagine the barndo is a safe place to be.

No, the barndo is in Wooster which is about an hour north of Mansfield.  We've got a severe weather watch going on through this evening with heavy rain expected although not here yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
(edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 6:02 PM, GeeGolly said:

• Boasting
  • Hair/make-up/modesty
  • Putting others last 
  • Judging others 
  • Lying

Existing.

Her Minute on the Toilet led her to speaking about being submissive to your husband.  Hell, by the time we got married in 2002, obey was being taken out of vows.  There was no way I was adding it back.  We are equals in this marriage and house.  I respect him; he respects me, and I like to be balanced.

Edited by sixlets
spelling hard; tree pretty
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2024 at 9:40 AM, GeeGolly said:

I’m around 35-40 minutes from the Rodriguii.  Too close. I have even shopped in their area at a specialty store I like to frequent. Haven’t run into them yet, thank Daniel.  I don’t know what I would do if I did. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

In her latest radio sermon, Jill tells us we must be able to accept constructive criticism. Coming from the woman constantly screaming persecution, that's rich. 

Where does she get this stuff????  Jill has not taken any criticism, constructive or not, unless it came from a pastor, the Bible, or Dave (but even that is debatable).  And even then, Jill finds a way around having to accept it. 

• Like 12
(edited)
13 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I’m around 35-40 minutes from the Rodriguii.  Too close. I have even shopped in their area at a specialty store I like to frequent. Haven’t run into them yet, thank Daniel.  I don’t know what I would do if I did. 

I stopped in Wooster to get gas a couple months ago on a trip to New Philly and back to pick up a rescue pooch from the Amish puppy mills.  I spent the whole time at the pump keeping my eyes peeled for a Rod sighting.  No luck.  Or, maybe really good luck.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 9
  • LOL 10
39 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Where does she get this stuff????  Jill has not taken any criticism, constructive or not, unless it came from a pastor, the Bible, or Dave (but even that is debatable).  And even then, Jill finds a way around having to accept it. 

I don't think she takes criticism from a pastor either.   They seem to change churches a lot.    As for the Bible, well the only one parts she reads are the ones that tell her she is the bestest at everything and always right.

• Like 19
  • Applause 4
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I don't think she takes criticism from a pastor either.   They seem to change churches a lot.    As for the Bible, well the only one parts she reads are the ones that tell her she is the bestest at everything and always right.

Yep, Jill and Dave have been rather outspoken in their criticism of several pastors at churches they attended; to the point where they were asked to leave and not return.  Definitely happened when they lived in upstate New York.  Dave gave a fire and brimstone speech criticizing the pastor because parish women were dressing like floozies in pants and such and demanded the pastor do something about it.  The pastor tossed them out.

• Like 23
  • Mind Blown 1
59 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Yep, Jill and Dave have been rather outspoken in their criticism of several pastors at churches they attended; to the point where they were asked to leave and not return.  Definitely happened when they lived in upstate New York.  Dave gave a fire and brimstone speech criticizing the pastor because parish women were dressing like floozies in pants and such and demanded the pastor do something about it.  The pastor tossed them out.

Good for the pastor! 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Does that count as “doing something about it?”  

Incredible joking but https://fox8.com/news/the-highly-poisonous-plant-spreading-throughout-ohio-how-to-recognize-and-get-rid-of-it/. Sounds like it would go well with Plexus.

Edited by Chaos Theory
Hard to tell when I am joking sometimes.
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

This is scary, considering Jill's penchant for swimming in drainage ditches and ponds.

Doesn’t Jilly have a direct line to her Jesus? Surely He will save The Rods.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Doesn’t Jilly have a direct line to her Jesus? Surely He will save The Rods.

She would find a way to make it all about her and her martyrdom.  She has no cares and no shame.

• Like 7
On 5/23/2024 at 10:04 AM, merylinkid said:

“So WE LET THEM leave.”  Who tf does she think she is???  

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
23 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Try to convert her to wear better makeup and join a local circus? They always hiring loud/shrill clowns! 

Just avoid hobby lobby and Olive Garden. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, Notabug said:

David was looking at the women and having impure thoughts. Instead of controlling himself he tried to bully others into changing their looks so he would not be tempted. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 5
22 hours ago, Notabug said:

If I remember correctly, the pastor had plenty of support. The Rods weren't as important to the church as Jill and David thought they were. 

Probably the only thing that keeps their current church from showing them the door is that Jill and David are away for their once-a-year vacation every six weeks. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 11
35 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rods weren't as important to the church as Jill and David thought they were. 

They never are.   

• Like 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rods weren't as important to the church as Jill and David thought they were. 

37 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

They never are.   

I noticed on the flyer that Jill posted (copied above) about the tent revival that there were a couple of "Guest speakers" [preachers] shown, w/ photos, and then there was a pic of the Rodrigues family as a whole. Just "Special Music" by the Rod family. No reference to David as a preacher or speaker. IMO his preaching must be pretty mediocre, to not even get a passing nod on the revival flyer. 

• Like 11