Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That story is about as truthful as the trans person in the IHop bathroom, or the "gruff" cult man. 🙄

She makes shit up so she can cry persecution.

Lying seems to be a virtue in fundie land. They all do it, constantly.

• Like 18

I half believe all Jill’s stories because she likes to tell half stories. I believe “Gruff” man asked her if she was in a cult because it probably happened right after she or one of her kids tried to hand him a tract and ask him about his salvation. He was probably at the park minding his business just like all the people they god bother.

Whether it’s gruff man or grumpy nurses or fat blue haired tattooed single moms, Jill is always the victim in these stories. There’s always some meanie from Satan’s army who is out to get her. 

• Like 13
  • LOL 5

She does everything she does for attention.  And if she's not getting enough, she'll put a spin on the truth until it gets her attention. 

I believe she's always been like that. She was the middle sister, followed by twins, and must have acted up A LOT to get attention.  Now it's just natural to her. Sadly. 

• Like 19

So JillR is telling a supposed story that occurred over 5 years ago?

I do a group comparing folks to icebergs. What we see is the smallest part of the iceberg which is above the surface and what we can't see is the largest part of the iceberg hidden by the water. So we know very little about others.

Somehow JillR is regularly asked by strangers what is below the surface? I think not.

Jill is likely struggling with losing her 'above the surface' Fundiness. A smaller gaggle of children, who no longer wear prairie dresses and banana curls and a pandemic that normalized homeschooling and increased RV traveling. Then Jill has changed much of her 'below the surface' behaviors.  They watch TV, they "sightsee" mainstream attractions and SM exposes her to everything they've been taught to avoid.

JillR is edging closer and closer to mainstream, albeit hate filled, living. JillR is struggling with no longer being 'special'.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

Jill's lie from 5 years or so ago makes even less sense than usual.  Why would someone ask her what daycare her kid was in when the kid was right there with her?  Why would they assume the kid was in daycare?  You would think with all the lying she does she'd be better at it.

• Like 11
  • LOL 13

As far as the way Janessa was torturing Nemo. Remember the video of Nemo hitting Newbo and both Nurie and Nathan laughing about it. Nurie probably thinks Jenessa and Nemo were just having the best time and she was laughing about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 17

If Jill takes this Plexus miracle product every morning why does she look bloated in her unfiltered photos and why does she seem to be in a foul mood that requires publishing rants so often?

Maybe she should just try LOTS of kombucha and sauerkraut, or maybe get a job that doesn't involve lying to stay employed. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

If Jill takes this Plexus miracle product every morning why does she look bloated in her unfiltered photos and why does she seem to be in a foul mood that requires publishing rants so often?

Maybe she should just try LOTS of kombucha and sauerkraut, or maybe get a job that doesn't involve lying to stay employed. 

How about she starts making healthy and nourishing meals for her and her family? Ha! Nope. Easier to chug some crap and eat crap food. Jill you aren't doing it right. 

That couple that I know who are in plexus seem to eat pretty healthy. Do they need the crap? Probably not, but they seem to have it pretty balanced. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

So Jill got that ugly Wal Mart knockoff cross body bag by being IN Plexus? Is that like being IN a cult? Or is it more like being IN jail?

And Kaylee, please put that infant in comfortable soft clothes. He looks uncomfortable. However, that could be because you have surrounded him with eleventy million germ laden people…

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
38 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

And Kaylee, please put that infant in comfortable soft clothes. He looks uncomfortable. However, that could be because you have surrounded him with eleventy million germ laden people…

The next photo sessions will probably show him in the white shirt, blue vest and pants, with a bow-tie to show that he is all boy.

• Like 3
  • Sad 13
5 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

The next photo sessions will probably show him in the white shirt, blue vest and pants, with a bow-tie to show that he is all boy.

Poor little guy. He's not even supposed to be born yet, but he's already been passed around to a bunch of unvaccinated children and adults, dragged on a Rodrigues vacation, suffered through a bunch of boring midnight devotionals,  dressed in stiff, adult-looking clothing, and photographed repeatedly by a squealing Meme wearing a Barbie-pink polyester sausage casing. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 16
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
On 8/13/2023 at 10:44 AM, oliviabenson said:

Even more mannish clothes and a baseball bonnet! 

"Baseball bonnet" will never not be funny. 😂

22 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is severely unhinged lately. Something happened…

No one fixed the RV for free or gave them one for free or cheap?
No more ebil government free money???

Whats troubling our Jilldo and her hubster? 

Not to mention the many posts and photos insisting that her sons are MANLY and her daughters are SUBMISSIVE.  Usually, doesn't she just post one of the Rodlets at a time - the girls a few months after they get their ritualistic eyebrow butchery, and the sons when one of them does something Jill approves of, like managing to whip some Smiley tracts through a machine without getting his fingers stapled together?  Forcing her offspring on her followers en masse seems new for her.  Is she angling for a tv show or a book deal or something?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 20

Seems Jill and her bff older girlies in the matching outfits was a thing for Kaylee's engagement. I am not sure it has been a thing any other time. 

Jill does post random "my boys aren't sissies" posts. But usually her manly men are posing with crossbows, air soft weapons, shooting real weapons at targets with Amy's "patriotic" weapon loving husband Kevin or Pa Keller, etc.

ETA - there are also the "manly" arm wrestling competitions😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, laurakaye said:

"Baseball bonnet" will never not be funny. 😂

In the Barbie movie, Ken called the dream house his “mojo dojo casa house” and I LOLed b/c it reminded me of JRod. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
11 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

They brought a baby to a show! The other people in the audience must’ve loved that (not).

Only way Jonathan would go (and pay).   Just got back from "vacation" and is already going out on "dates."   

• Like 11
  • Sad 4
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Only way Jonathan would go (and pay).   Just got back from "vacation" and is already going out on "dates."   

I wonder if this was during the vacation. Jill likes fudge her timelines.

• Like 6

Did Nathan and Jonathan split the cost of the show that most likely also included dinner at a good Olive Garden? That way they could have some money leftover to get diapers for their kids. Or did one of them take on the entire burden of treating the gluttonous in-laws? How stupid of J&K to risk the health of their blessing fresh out of the NICU. 

• Like 16
  • Love 1

As we snark Jill is getting (AndKaylee) to pose for pics with Gideon's feet sticking ever so slightly out of the nursing cover to prove (andKaylee) is doing things the "natural way". Post will also include a reference to the golden child. Something like Nurie showed her how to use the cover or soon she will be as adept as Nurie in using the cover, etc 😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 9
  • LOL 5

I don't remember when I finally took my son out for anything other than a doctor's appointment. When he was 9 days old, I went to the doctor and my best friend drove nearly two hours to babysit while I was gone. 

And how much did this "date night" set back Nathan and Jonathan? You know Jill and David didn't spend a penny. I'm sure a meal at the good OG was part of the package, unless the theater had dinner. 

• Like 10
13 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

I formula feed my 3 month old and have since we left the hospital as she has never latched well and when we got home she refused to latch. I wonder if Jill would try to save me for not doing things the natural way. I hope so, I would love to tell her to go f herself. 

She would tell you Plexus would help.

• Sad 4
  • LOL 15