Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t know about NICU parents at that hospital.  At our local hospitals, family members of patients can order from the same menu patients can….for a very reasonable fee paid by credit or debit card. Or there are hospital cafeterias ( back open after covid). Where they can go eat, relax, recharge, make phone calls, etc. 

The hospital where Gideon is admitted is an excellent children's hospital and does indeed have various ways that parents staying with their children can have meals brought to them.  It sounds like Gideon isn't strong enough to nurse yet, or is still on C-pap, but, if he was breastfeeding, there would also be space available for Kaylee to stay in a room near the NICU.  Even if she's not able to nurse him yet, those rooms are usually made available to NICU parents who want to stay; usually on the basis of how critical their child's condition is.  And, of course, there is a Ronald McDonald house on site.  If they are staying there; local businesses often donate food, various service groups often serve entire meals and the kitchen is usually stocked with basics like cereal and juice for parents.

8 hours ago, crazy8s said:

or if you're Jill, have a baby shower for yourself. 😂

eta - correction. not a baby shower. A gender reveal party.

A gender reveal party complete with a large jar with a sign on it begging for donations for the baby/Jill.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m so SEVERELY relieved that Jill and Dave got FREE ice cream out of some suckers! Yay!

14E40E7C-30BA-4087-8F33-459489A29E48.jpeg

D3328D71-C53A-41AF-AA73-E1CE37C707FF.jpeg

Is Jill drinking a BEER? (Nah. It’s soda!)

I’m SEVERELY surprised that Jill didn’t point that out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The new church they were at (so neat) (smile) was practically empty! 

Jills kids make up most of the butts in chairs. 

I don’t get why these churches have so few members.

Because anyone guy can pick up a Bible and be a "pastor", so anywhere there is a space, there is a "church". Too many of them and not enough people. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Maybe they have more members who had no desire to see the Rodriguii grifting crew.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Every stop on the summer grift tour will have Jill recounting the premature birth, expected extended hospital stay and a basket set out with a request for cash donations for the Jonathan Hill family. Just like every stop heard about Ma last year and had a donation request and basket.

Most likely the reality is any money will go to the jill wardrobe, make up and date night with hunk fund.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 14
  • Sad 5

Did Jill really leave NotNurie to go on the road? I mean I think its a good thing, but wow, the world needs to adjust for JillR when she needs something, but she will stop for no one. I wonder how that makes NotNurie feel?

I hope not having JillR around, NotNurie will absorb some great medical and baby caring advice. I also hope she has some logistical and emotional support from someone if she needs it.

• Like 14
(edited)
11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

AFAIK the Rods are bottom feeders in the IFB world. They can't compete with more skilled and polished traveling preachers+families. I've read - I think it was way upthread here - the way these IFB things work. The key person is the husband, who is the traveling preacher. The successful, top-ranked, most in-demand guys are excellent preachers. Articulate, engaging, compelling, and if they are good looking that's a bonus. The preacher is supported by his wife and family. Wimmin can't preach to the congregation - that requires a penis - but they can speak to women's groups. Also, the wife and kids can back up the preaching by playing and singing hymns. The better the wife is at public speaking, and the more polished the family musical performances, the better.

I thought that explanation was interesting, because JillR is obviously the driving force behind the Rod family as a traveling ministry. Thus it's easy to forget that David is officially the head of the thing, and the main attraction that the churches are inviting. That fact gets lost among all the kids and Jill's being so pushy and posting all over social media 24/7/365.

So looking at it that way: David's not a compelling preacher, to put it kindly. His family's musical performances are cringeworthy. His wife actually probably helps redeem the situation because she has all that narcissistic performative energy. Under all the cr*p makeup she's an attractive woman and IMO she can bring enthusiasm and a certain charm to bear on an audience. And manipulate the kind church folks into pity gifts to supplement the official "missionary" support and love offerings they also receive.

AFAIK, the Rods aren't getting invites to big IFB churches. Their circuit is the small ones. I've read a bit about the IFB world. It's where if some guy in an IFB church gets p*ssed at the pastor for some reason, he can go off and start his OWN IFB church. There's no official hierarchy, no educational requirements, it's all a bunch of guys who like setting themselves up as little tin gods if they can find enough people to make up a congregation and pay the rent on a cheap building for the church. I believe many of those IFB pastors of small churches have day jobs. 

The Rods shuffle around those little churches in their broke-ass 20 year old RV. They get the occasional gig to appear at a revival or similar special gathering. Generally, they are so far from the big-time that they are a joke in the IBLP/fundie world. See my post above about the hilarity Jill's three-second clip in SHP provoked in a couple of the ex-IBLP participants in that documentary. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 13
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 7

It also doesn't help that besides being a subpar preacher, Dave also has to promote the print ministry and asks for donations for supplies or to sell them tracts. Other men are better preachers and are maybe not begging for donations for 4 different things in one service. Seems like one service last summer dave was asking for donations for paper and gas for the RV that was $500 a tank. Then Jill gets up and asks for support for the music ministry and Ma's basket. Always implied of course "and if you would feed all of us and maybe take us shopping....."

• Like 8
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Jill really leave NotNurie to go on the road? I mean I think its a good thing, but wow, the world needs to adjust for JillR when she needs something, but she will stop for no one. I wonder how that makes NotNurie feel?

I hope not having JillR around, NotNurie will absorb some great medical and baby caring advice. I also hope she has some logistical and emotional support from someone if she needs it.

And where are Jonathan’s parents?????

• Like 15
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It also doesn't help that besides being a subpar preacher, Dave also has to promote the print ministry and asks for donations for supplies or to sell them tracts. Other men are better preachers and are maybe not begging for donations for 4 different things in one service. Seems like one service last summer dave was asking for donations for paper and gas for the RV that was $500 a tank. Then Jill gets up and asks for support for the music ministry and Ma's basket. Always implied of course "and if you would feed all of us and maybe take us shopping....."

Good points!

I think the grifting is getting harder. Maybe I haven't been paying attention. But it's been quite some time since I remember seeing a post by Jill on SM thanking people for more than just taking them out for ice cream. I remember that in years past were actually posts where (I think) members of a congregation gifted clothes or toys to her kids. And I remember many posts showing them dining out courtesy of kind people. Sometimes they were fed in church fellowship halls and not restaurants. But still, even if it was Mickey D's, the kids got something to eat. 

Lately it seems like it's just the Rods getting taken out for some ice cream. As I said, maybe I haven't been paying attention and Jill's doing better than that.

5 minutes ago, AstridM said:

If the Rods have cleared out they may be on their way to visit. But I don't think they do public social media so we probably won't know. And anyway they have a church and a farm to run; I doubt they can drop everything to go clutter up a NICU room even if they love their son and want to see their new grandson. 

• Like 12
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Good points!

I think the grifting is getting harder. Maybe I haven't been paying attention. But it's been quite some time since I remember seeing a post by Jill on SM thanking people for more than just taking them out for ice cream. I remember that in years past were actually posts where (I think) members of a congregation gifted clothes or toys to her kids. And I remember many posts showing them dining out courtesy of kind people. Sometimes they were fed in church fellowship halls and not restaurants. But still, even if it was Mickey D's, the kids got something to eat. 

Lately it seems like it's just the Rods getting taken out for some ice cream. As I said, maybe I haven't been paying attention and Jill's doing better than that.

If the Rods have cleared out they may be on their way to visit. But I don't think they do public social media so we probably won't know. And anyway they have a church and a farm to run; I doubt they can drop everything to go clutter up a NICU room even if they love their son and want to see their new grandson. 

Times are tough, prices are high and people can't afford to take that whole family out for a good meal. A church potluck or ice cream is doable. 

• Like 14

Also appearing less are the posts where someone takes the entire family on an outing. Some old ones I remember were Hersheypark. a water park, trip to gettysburg. Jill once bragged about a church that gave the children each a gift card and of course the children felt need to pool them and buy a gift for mama. That probably ended gift cards for the children.

Not sure if she grifted Disney, but I do remember Jill posting they went to "Walt Disney"

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

AFAIK the Rods are bottom feeders in the IFB world. . . . 

The Rods shuffle around those little churches in their broke-ass 20 year old RV. They get the occasional gig to appear at a revival or similar special gathering. Generally, they are so far from the big-time that they are a joke in the IBLP/fundie world. See my post above about the hilarity Jill's three-second clip in SHP provoked in a couple of the ex-IBLP participants in that documentary. 

Ah, poor Jillybean. It must be hard for someone as narcissistic as she is to be a joke both in the heathen world and in the IBLP world. Her good fortune is that she's too dense to realize it. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 13

The point system for the Hawaii cruise is complicated, but even qualifying for the trip doesn't guarantee getting it. The points just get people in a position to win the cruise in a random (I guess) draw. 

The real winner is . . . PLEXUS, Inc.

• Like 12
  • LOL 8
25 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

What???

F2E1C75D-DA51-4B6A-84FA-80F70A4BC1EF.jpeg

If Jill and Kaylee didn't know about the knot, why would any of us know? 

I hope the nurse referenced in Jill's post was the one wearing the headscarf. it  would rattle Jill's brain if someone from a different religion said this to her. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

I hope the nurse referenced in Jill's post was the one wearing the headscarf. it  would rattle Jill's brain if someone from a different religion said this to her. 

I don't know if she would have related the story if it were. 

• Like 9
7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Because anyone guy can pick up a Bible and be a "pastor", so anywhere there is a space, there is a "church". Too many of them and not enough people. 

That reminds me of a heartwarming article I read yesterday.  A small town Baptist Church in Georgia where Jill would never darken their doorway.  I think I might enjoy reading The Ragamuffin Gospel.  I love their welcome sign at the end of the story.  Here's a gift article.   https://wapo.st/3JS9Pgl

• Thanks 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

My thoughts exactly.    I would have thought that Jonathan and Kaylee would have  been told.  Of course maybe they were but they didn’t tell Jill.  Or maybe Jill has never left the room long enough for the doctors to talk to Jonathan and Kaylee privately.  

• Like 8
17 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Speaking of… There are new caterwauling videos on the Rod’s Facebook page.  

No thanks. 

4 hours ago, AstridM said:

Probably around and not posting everything on social media all day every day for the entire world to see?

• Like 9
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

No thanks. 

Probably around and not posting everything on social media all day every day for the entire world to see?

But Jill wouldn’t respect their privacy if they were there, imo. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
21 hours ago, merylinkid said:

So the gift tour begins again soon. Gideon will get a break.

I think his idiot grandparents have forgotten about him already. 

5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

What???

F2E1C75D-DA51-4B6A-84FA-80F70A4BC1EF.jpeg

I'm pretty sure they heard Jill praying from the next county. It would be hard for nurses in the same hospital, let alone the same ward, to NOT hear. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, ozziemom said:

As far as David the preacher as the main attraction, he has also admitted to recycling the same sermon/message so he’s not anyone’s idea of a star.

Proof that Jill's claim that DBD had a calling for full time ministry is a lie.  What he had was a calling to not work.  Jill just decided on ministry so she could grift full time.

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1

While I was looking for info on the Rod trip to disney, I came across this blog post that is summary of sorts of how they went from being in NY and Dave working, to the print ministry and full time grifting.

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2061

As for the trip to "Walt Disney" - yes a grift - The Lord provided it doncha know. Blog post has been removed, but the intro is still to be found, as is a bit about it on reddit.

Screenshot (457).png

Screenshot (458).png

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 15
  • Sad 8
  • Fire 4
30 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

While I was looking for info on the Rod trip to disney, I came across this blog post that is summary of sorts of how they went from being in NY and Dave working, to the print ministry and full time grifting.

As for the trip to "Walt Disney" - yes a grift - The Lord provided it doncha know. Blog post has been removed, but the intro is still to be found, as is a bit about it on reddit.

Screenshot (457).png

Screenshot (458).png

How is it physically possible for the entire family of that size to live in an rv? Are the kids just sleeping on the floor, all lined up?  And one small bathroom?  

• Like 9
  • Sad 5
14 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And two baby cages. 

In the closet with the hanging clothes hanging over the cage.  I remember her post bragging how her wonderful husband made the cage and it just fit under the hanging clothing.  I wouldn't make a pet sleep in a cage in a small closet.

• Like 9
  • Sad 8
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (457).png

Screenshot (458).png

Jill sweetie,  you make Baby Jesus cry when you lie.

• Like 13
4 hours ago, awaken said:

How is it physically possible for the entire family of that size to live in an rv? Are the kids just sleeping on the floor, all lined up?  And one small bathroom?  

Of course they were sleeping on the floor (or in cages)!  I can’t believe that no one ever called CPS about the living conditions of those children.  David and Jill deserve to rot in hell for what they’ve put those poor kids through.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

9A34B3DE-C148-4B17-AAE7-3B3972AAB303.jpeg

My dad, who had a brain tumor, kept trying to get up and falling. Out of his hospital bed, out of his wheelchair..... this is the first thing I thought of when I saw this. It had nothing to do with ambition in his case. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 20
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My dad, who had a brain tumor, kept trying to get up and falling. Out of his hospital bed, out of his wheelchair..... this is the first thing I thought of when I saw this. It had nothing to do with ambition in his case. 

That's exactly what I thought too.   Trish probably doesn't realize she can't get up and ends up falling.  I don't see her improving at a rapid pace since she hasn't had any further treatment (as far as we know).  

• Like 18
  • Useful 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (457).png

Screenshot (458).png

Okay, I've travelled in an rv, it's basically one long hallway and the walls aren't (usually) well insulated. The tricky bit is having a conversation and not having everyone else overhear you. If you raise your voice slightly or leave a window open you can be heard outside just as easily. That Jill needed a bell is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard, and this is Jill, so the ridiculous bar is pretty dang high.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 11
  • LOL 8
10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

In the closet with the hanging clothes hanging over the cage.  I remember her post bragging how her wonderful husband made the cage and it just fit under the hanging clothing.  I wouldn't make a pet sleep in a cage in a small closet.

One cage under the clothing, where not one, but maybe 2 children sometimes slept and then the "bunk crib"cage that a pastor friend built.

I found an old post recently where Jill was telling about living in the rv the kids had their own sleeping bags and rotated sleeping spaces every night. It was so fun for the children. (smile).

Screenshot (463).png

Screenshot (464).jpg

Screenshot (470).png

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 14
  • Useful 2

I listen to a podcast called "A Little Bit Culty."  The most recent episode is an interview with Jessica Willis from the singing Willis Family, who I vaguely remember from tv.  She talks about how her parents controlled her and her siblings to be on their best behavior at all times and I couldn't help but compare and contrast her story to the Rods Traveling Circus.  It's very sad what was withheld from the kids who dared to "act out" - basic necessities like food and sleep.

To get back to Jill, she must be very torn right now - stay and bother Gideon and Kaylee for social media purposes, or get going on that RV tour because she's been missing those good Olive Garden breadsticks and that money isn't going to grift itself.  'Tis a dilemma.

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

This!  That's why my mother died when she did.  She could never remember not to get up by herself.  She had that one fall too many.  Jill knows so little about life.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 15
  • Sad 6
(edited)
18 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

"Our team is GOING places!"

Well, one place your team is not GOING is Hawaii, Jillybean. 

For some reason I pictured Jill and family in the stink bus driving to Hawaii.

(I know you can’t drive to Hawaii lol)

Maybe she can drive to California then grift plane tickets. Jill manages to get what she wants from people.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
8 minutes ago, Absolom said:

This!  That's why my mother died when she did.  She could never remember not to get up by herself.  She had that one fall too many.  Jill knows so little about life.

Exactly, if Jill's mother is attempting to stand and walk by herself when she is physically incapable of such activity; the most likely reason is that her cognitive abilities are impaired to the point where she doesn't realize her limitations, not because she is eager to regain the ability to walk on her own.

• Like 8
  • Sad 18
  • Useful 1