Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill said that there was a large order. So, someone apparently did take pity on the girls and bought in bulk.

That sale should buy Jill and Hunk a dinner at the good Olive Garden and a few bottles of hummingbird food for David's evening snack. Any money that's left will go to Hobby Lobby to buy more pleather. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

That sale should buy Jill and Hunk a dinner at the good Olive Garden and a few bottles of hummingbird food for David's evening snack. Any money that's left will go to Hobby Lobby to buy more pleather. 

How many more earrings can Kaylee make before the wedding? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

BME is too cheap to buy the earrings so some church lady took pity and bought the lot. Will Kaylee be able to make earrings once she’s married? 

Maybe she made her downlines in plexus buy them? 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
On 9/10/2022 at 4:35 PM, HooHooHoo said:

I probably deserve a harsher punishment. My son is at a heathen college (Catholic) and I didn’t teach him the calculus 1 and 2 he passed out of. I had to send him to a real school because I am not as good of a mother as Jill. 

Ha! My (atheist) son went to a heathen Catholic college as well. He actually almost ended up with a religion minor as he took so many of the required courses. Aced them, too, even though all his papers pretty much took opposite views to the religious. Luckily, Jesuits appreciate good critical thinking even when it runs counter to their beliefs. 

I doubt that Phil's school would go along with any of that kind of thing! It's a pity, because I get the feeling (not entirely sure what it's based on, to be honest), that Phil has just a mite more intelligence and curiosity than most of the pack, and that if he were to, somehow, find himself in an atmosphere which actually valued that, he could possibly break out and find the joy in  learning. 

Maybe I'm just desperate to find some glimmer of promise in any one of them.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Ha! My (atheist) son went to a heathen Catholic college as well. He actually almost ended up with a religion minor as he took so many of the required courses. Aced them, too, even though all his papers pretty much took opposite views to the religious. Luckily, Jesuits appreciate good critical thinking even when it runs counter to their beliefs. 

I doubt that Phil's school would go along with any of that kind of thing! It's a pity, because I get the feeling (not entirely sure what it's based on, to be honest), that Phil has just a mite more intelligence and curiosity than most of the pack, and that if he were to, somehow, find himself in an atmosphere which actually valued that, he could possibly break out and find the joy in  learning. 

Maybe I'm just desperate to find some glimmer of promise in any one of them.

Good for your son!  Unfortunately, I don’t think Phillip will ever get the chance to use critical thinking skills, even if he does have them. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
On 9/11/2022 at 8:48 PM, AnnaBaptist said:

Hungarian is a completely different language group from Polish and Slovak. Polish and Slovak are languages in the Western Slavic branch of the Indo-European language group, while Hungarian is part of the Finno-Ugric language group.

Yeah I've studied a bit of Russian, and you can see some clear vocabulary overlap with other Slavic languages like Polish and Czech. What little I've seen and heard of Hungarian is very distinct and different from Slavic languages. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Janessa was in the garden with her blanket… poor kid is sucking on a dirt filled blanket… at least she had socks on. 

21AD571D-A6BB-416B-9C93-52DDF61582A0.jpeg

FAF07EE3-CBBA-4D39-AB58-4D5E3B883DEA.jpeg

So, the swing is for Jill? So she can sit and swing while watching the Rodlets harvest all those vegetables she loves so much? The Rodlets, who are wearing socks outside for some inexplicable reason. 

• Like 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Speaking of dirt, how is it Janessa's socks are pure white?

My guess is, someone carried her out (Janessa doesn't seem to walk much--you know, "precious miracle" and all), plopped her next to the plant, stuck the bowl of beans in her hand, and took the picture.  Have to make BME look good, after all, and Janessa's young enough to go along with it happily.

Edited by Fosca
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

What's that fleshy blob in the third picture? I assume it's the elbow of Jill's vegetable-picking arm, but couldn't she do a staged photo that looks better than that? Jill's idea of  physical labor is giving orders to the kids. 

It's a still from a video. That's Jill's arm and top of her hand picking green beans.

• Useful 3
17 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

That swing was like $15. Jill said in her video. They got it in aldis. 

Which I'm sure leaves some of the earring proceeds left over, to treat Jill and her Hunk to another date night out together, probably at the Good Olive Garden, or similar restaurant.

• Sad 11

Jill did the thank you video, to those who purchased earrings, while they were in their van. Meanwhile, Kaylee wasn’t there because they were meeting her at church. Renee, behind Jill, did the yeeeeessss when asked a question. Otherwise it was all Jill.

Edited by ginger90
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 2

Jill has a video up on FB, and she’s showing all of the homeschool “books”.  She’s bragging that they’re geared up and ready to start the school year.  Of course the children are excited to get started, because Jill makes them say they are.  Those children are Jill’s little robots. She makes me sick.

• Like 4
  • Sad 12
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Blurry screenshot from the video with David map watching:

F8C406D8-84A7-4294-A931-592F726294D2.jpeg

Suuuuure she forgot to post it -- awhile back.   She just realized its September 15 and the kids haven't started "school" yet what with all the vacations she took.    Even in her posting she admits it is just NOW organized.  Instead of using some of her "vacation" time to get organized for the upcoming school year.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
  • Love 6

After Phillip's #2 grammar test score at the unaccredited bible school, Jill now really believes she  is the best homeschooling Momma ever. It's all about Jill, as always. 

She'll forget about those books as soon as they're stored in the kids' rooms and out of sight. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

A fifteen-dollar swing is probably pretty flimsy. Get ready for Jill to come crashing down and being SEVERELY injured.

Get ready to have that other knee SEVERELY injured.

4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Also in the school book video Hunky hubby in the background laying in his recliner staring at the map.

Clock in the background shows 10:30 and it looks dark outside.

It's September, lots of football to be watched on the map.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

But Jill claimed Dave works 27/7 in the print shop. How could he possibly have time to watch football? /s

He's probably sleepy after his usual big dinner. He dips up first, you know. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill has a video up on FB, and she’s showing all of the homeschool “books”.  She’s bragging that they’re geared up and ready to start the school year.  Of course the children are excited to get started, because Jill makes them say they are.  Those children are Jill’s little robots. She makes me sick.

So she “homeschools” a couple months a year for a couple hours a day? 😳

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

Dip Up Dave isn’t watching football, silly people!  He is staring at the map for hours on end and planning where he can escape to when he FINALLY makes his break.  Maybe he can follow Philly to Hungary.  Philip will certainly need an accountability partner, after all, and Davey will need an alabi.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Dip Up Dave isn’t watching football, silly people!  He is staring at the map for hours on end and planning where he can escape to when he FINALLY makes his break.  Maybe he can follow Philly to Hungary.  Philip will certainly need an accountability partner, after all, and Davey will need an alabi.  

Just think of the satanic attacks from green-bean cans Jill will suffer if that happens. 

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Get ready to have that other knee SEVERELY injured.

I wonder if he's still rooting for the Packers after he quit the Washington team when they changed their name.  I loved how the Vikings beat the Pack last Sunday with our hot young new coach, Kevin O'Connell.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

He's probably sleepy after his usual big dinner. He dips up first, you know. 

bizarrely at 10:30pm, Renee appears to be cleaning up the kitchen and washing dishes and Kaylee seems to be eating dinner, so it is possible he did just finish dinner.

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 8
34 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill probably saw the comments about his ladypants and burned them. 😀

She could've at least fashioned a decoration for the rock graveyard with the pants and some Dollar Store flowers. 🤣

• LOL 12