Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

The 3rd weekend in September Jill and family will attend, and perform at a fellowship camp in Ohio.

Here’s the disclaimer for attendees:

2022 Camp Rules (disclaimer)

The following are basic rules which we request everyone to follow while on the premises.

1. The following are prohibited: Foul language, fornication, indecent exposure or any evil.

2. Possession or use of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are strictly forbidden.

3. Clean up after yourselves. The community has a lot of work with cleaning up to start with. You can help by making sure your trash goes in garbage cans and your camping area is cleaned up the way you found it.

4. There is a creek and a pond on the premises. Parents are required to accompany and watch their children.

Parents are responsible for their children. Please keep track of them!

5. You are welcome to bring golf carts, atv’s, utv’s, and motorized vehicles. Please operate them carefully. No speeds greater than 15 MPH.

6. In Christ Alone Gymnasium and the ICA Community are not responsible for any accidents or injuries on the property.

7. A waiver & consent form must be signed when you arrive at the camp. They will be located in the gymnasium. 

You must agree to these rules before you register.

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

There is a creek and a pond for swimming/showering yay!

Also 

any evil what the heck??? Hahaha to infinity 

Indecent exposure :

aka Jill with her modest anklet/ toe rings.  And Jill draping herself over her man everywhere proclaiming her undying LOVE for him and smooching all over. Wonder if they dry hump at the mini golf/hiking etc?

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The 3rd weekend in September Jill and family will attend, and perform at a fellowship camp in Ohio.

Here’s the disclaimer for attendees:

2022 Camp Rules (disclaimer)

The following are basic rules which we request everyone to follow while on the premises.

1. The following are prohibited: Foul language, fornication, indecent exposure or any evil.

2. Possession or use of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are strictly forbidden.

3. Clean up after yourselves. The community has a lot of work with cleaning up to start with. You can help by making sure your trash goes in garbage cans and your camping area is cleaned up the way you found it.

4. There is a creek and a pond on the premises. Parents are required to accompany and watch their children.

Parents are responsible for their children. Please keep track of them!

5. You are welcome to bring golf carts, atv’s, utv’s, and motorized vehicles. Please operate them carefully. No speeds greater than 15 MPH.

6. In Christ Alone Gymnasium and the ICA Community are not responsible for any accidents or injuries on the property.

7. A waiver & consent form must be signed when you arrive at the camp. They will be located in the gymnasium. 

You must agree to these rules before you register.

Or “any evil?” 😆

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Don't do Al dirty like that, I saw him live and he's wildly talented. These nitwits wished they had the talent he has in his pinky 🤣

I would never do him dirty. In 1980 me and my ex went to a bar in Philly and Dr.Demento was doing a live show and he brought him along.for about 2 hours we had conversations with them and both are some of the nicest people around.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 9/7/2022 at 3:20 AM, oliviabenson said:

80A23EAB-20F8-455E-B0AB-05301554EF45.jpeg

CEE55F70-DB96-4BDE-97B7-9A7DFE6FE7DE.jpeg

E83598B6-3AAE-424E-8103-DEE194A7DF65.jpeg

95F66EA9-3166-441A-8648-7EBE3E3FCA37.jpeg

“Mahmoh, take a picture of us just sitting here!”

6 minutes ago, ChristmasCrafter said:

I would never do him dirty. In 1980 me and my ex went to a bar in Philly and Dr.Demento was doing a live show and he brought him along.for about 2 hours we had conversations with them and both are some of the nicest people around.

Jealous! Got to meet him and shoot a selfie a few years back. Brief but definitely a nice guy. And more talent and LOADS more hard work than BME and family.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, ChristmasCrafter said:

You met Weird Al AND Dr. Demento? Teenage me squees. 😀

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

You met Weird Al AND Dr. Demento? Teenage me squees. 😀

Not only that but I called into his radio program and to my surprise the requested song Boris the Spider ended up number one and I got a 24 pack of bubble gum for being the number one song that week.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Don't do Al dirty like that, I saw him live and he's wildly talented. These nitwits wished they had the talent he has in his pinky 🤣

I saw him too, at a state fair 20+years ago.  He was great.  I still remember his parody of Beat It, which he called Eat It!  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

If, OK, when Phillip crashes and burns, will BME and DBD realize what a poor job they have done “homeschooling” their kids? Or will they pretend Tim and Phil didn’t happen, and try yet another “college” for Sammers? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
6 hours ago, SMama said:

If, OK, when Phillip crashes and burns, will BME and DBD realize what a poor job they have done “homeschooling” their kids? Or will they pretend Tim and Phil didn’t happen, and try yet another “college” for Sammers? 

They don't care.  They will blame it on the school, no free money, whatever excuse they can come up with, but they will never admit they failed their kids. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, mom2two said:

I wonder if there is a way to ship a care package of Food to poor Phillip.  He is far enough away from BME that hopefully he can keep it to himself. 

Maybe someone could prepay his lunch tab at his school?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I don't think Phillip will fail academically. I doubt even functional illiteracy is a problem at a small, unaccredited Bible college. Anyone who pays the tuition and fees, shows up when necessary, and doesn't get caught breaking any rules is good to stay. The problem for Phillip is when BME has to choose between a special vacation with DBD and covering Phillip's tuition. We know BME and her hardworking Hunk deserve hotels, restaurants, and shopping trips. 

11 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

BME would probably insist Philly bring his school lunch home for DBD.

Sadly, yes. Maybe Phillip will find a nice girl in the secretarial program who will share her lunch with him. Half a sandwich is better than nothing. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Love 4
On 9/7/2022 at 4:55 PM, satrunrose said:

Is anyone else getting the impression that Jon is an...interesting character? 

I feel like Kaylee is making a huge mistake by marrying him.  She’s jumping from the frying pan into the fire, I’m afraid.  I think Jonathan is as weird as Timothy.

• Like 3
  • Sad 16
2 hours ago, mom2two said:

I wonder if there is a way to ship a care package of Food to poor Phillip.  He is far enough away from BME that hopefully he can keep it to himself. 

The staff at the Bible school may give him a care package.  I doubt that they’ve ever had a student as emaciated as Phillip.  I also doubt that they’ve ever had to deal with a parent a crazy as Jill.

• Sad 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe someone could prepay his lunch tab at his school?

He won’t eat lunch at school, because he’ll refuse to spend his paycheck on food.  This boy is not eating.  I don’t know what his reasons are for not eating, but he is extremely undernourished.  I’ve only seen deathly ill people who are as skinny as he is.

• Sad 10
11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

He won’t eat lunch at school, because he’ll refuse to spend his paycheck on food.  This boy is not eating.  I don’t know what his reasons are for not eating, but he is extremely undernourished.  I’ve only seen deathly ill people who are as skinny as he is.

Maybe he's saving money because he knows Momma will get tired of paying for school. Phillip saw what happened with Tim. 

• Sad 2
  • Useful 4
25 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

There is a difference with being naturally thin and naturally thin but not eating. The poor guy looks ill. I have said before, I work with a guy who is super thin and eats like crazy. He doesn't look sick, just skinny. 

• Like 7
16 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Phillip’s skinniness actually hurts my soul. I guess Tim passed down that gem about fasting. To all of them. Like they have a choice. That is one sick mother (f’er). 

They do have a choice to fast or to fast 🤬

Edited by ChristmasCrafter
  • Sad 11
12 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I wonder would Dave even notice or care if Jillybean left him for another guy? 

David would notice if he came in from a hard day's work at the print shop and there was not a hot dinner ready for him.  If the girls cover for Jill and make David dinner, then it would take him awhile notice Jill missing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

David would notice if he came in from a hard day's work at the print shop woke up from his nap and there was not a hot dinner ready for him.  If the girls cover for Jill and make David dinner, then it would take him awhile notice Jill missing.

FIFY

Dave is glad she spends so much time with her phone.   It means she is not pawing him and pressing her caked on make up face up to him.   

• LOL 10
17 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Unfortunately, it is not just a "put your mind to it" situation.  Philip just does not have the education or skills to achieve his goals.  I feel so sad for him.

This isn't a rigorous college and most likely he passes all his classes if he shows up and demonstrates the ability to memorize the bible. I don't think anything else will be too taxing. If anything this school will give him a lot of unwarranted confidence in his intellect. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, coconspirator said:

This isn't a rigorous college and most likely he passes all his classes if he shows up and demonstrates the ability to memorize the bible. I don't think anything else will be too taxing. If anything this school will give him a lot of unwarranted confidence in his intellect. 

The school will probably reinforce his quest to be a missionary in Hungary without any practical or helpful lessons. BME will love the KJV Bible studies.

• Sad 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The staff at the Bible school may give him a care package.  I doubt that they’ve ever had a student as emaciated as Phillip.  I also doubt that they’ve ever had to deal with a parent a crazy as Jill.

I read on FJ that commuter students can have a free lunch on M-W and Fridays. The cafeteria is closed on Tuesdays and Thursday so dorm students get a sack lunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Does he really need to go to school to pass out pamphlets?

Getting a missions degree, even a worthless one, will make it easier to raise money to go somewhere and pass out pamphlets. I'll be surprised if Phillip makes it all the way to Hungary, but we'll see.  

• Love 5