Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

so is Envy. I think Jill's days of being "trim" or "tiny" are long gone.....

They wouldn’t be if she ate as little as she feeds her kids. That would be unhealthy, though . . . 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Sad 6

Hopefully, this isn't considered political (if it is please remove it), but in my state there is someone running for office who is VERY religious. This person has said that they pray and fast for our state. So yes, I'm sure the older Rods, with the exception of Jill and David, do include fasting as part of their prayer routine. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 7
30 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

In order to stay in BME's good graces, one has to almost starve oneself, or perhaps fast.

She used to brag about the older kids who would fast.  She hasn’t mentioned it in a long time though, probably because of CPS.  I’m sure the kids still fast, but it’s kept private now.  I can tell that GWE doesn’t believe in fasting.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She used to brag about the older kids who would fast.  She hasn’t mentioned it in a long time though, probably because of CPS.  I’m sure the kids still fast, but it’s kept private now.  I can tell that GWE doesn’t believe in fasting.

Judging by her appearance, I don't think Jill believes either, the hypocrite!

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm sure the older ones fast because it is a religious thing. 

The older ones fast because BME tells them it is their responsibility to eat less to provide for the younger ones; that Jesus wants it.

Jill very famously told us all about it when she was pregnant with Janessa.  Godless heathens might wonder why she and Dave had so many kids and how they would be able to feed them all.  However, Jill's godly children were utterly thrilled for another brother or sister and all of them told her they would gladly eat less at dinner in order to give the little one enough to eat.  I believe she referred to the kids refusing 'chicken legs' at dinner so there would be enough to go around.  She seemed to think this is what Jesus wants.  Meanwhile, not a word from Jill or Dave about making any sacrifices themselves to make sure their own kids don't suffer.  Because they won't, while expecting their kids to do it for them.  Sorta like Jill's attitude on helping her parents in their time of need.  Hey, she set up a Go Fund Me!  Now, it is other people's turn to contribute.

Below is a great post from Jill about Tim 'choosing' to fast in which she manages to tell the world that he is a 'chronic whiner' since birth.  She also talks about 'correcting' his behavior every single time for offenses large and small. Any wonder these kids are so messed up?

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2449

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 21
1 minute ago, Notabug said:

The older ones fast because BME tells them it is their responsibility to eat less to provide for the younger ones; that Jesus wants it.

Jill very famously told us all about it when she was pregnant with Janessa.  Godless heathens might wonder why she and Dave had so many kids and how they would be able to feed them all.  However, Jill's godly children were utterly thrilled for another brother or sister and all of them told her they would gladly eat less at dinner in order to give the little one enough to eat.  I believe she referred to the kids refusing 'chicken legs' at dinner so there would be enough to go around.  She seemed to think this is what Jesus wants.  Meanwhile, not a word from Jill or Dave about making any sacrifices themselves to make sure their own kids don't suffer.  Because they won't, while expecting their kids to do it for them.  Sorta like Jill's attitude on helping her parents in their time of need.  Hey, she set up a Go Fund Me!  Now, it is other people's turn to contribute.

Children need to eat. David should forgo the chicken legs for the sake of his kids. Even now, with my son an adult, I will give him the bigger portion and take the smaller one for myself. 

• Like 2
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

It looks like Nuries nose is melting off her face. bME photoshop fails once again. Nuri looks vacant/surprised… 

I hope she is is eating enough for 2. 

I really, really, really hope she's not drinking Plexus as instructed by BME to stay 'trim'.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 8
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I really, really, really hope she's not drinking Plexus as instructed by BME to stay 'trim'.

if not now, then right after new baby is born she will be drinking it to get back to her "trim" shape in record time. There is no reason at this point for Nurie to not be getting enough to eat except her training by mama to stay trim. I'd put money on Jill asking about Nurie's weight gain every time she calls. Above all Nurie still needs to please mama.

as far as the post on Timothy's fasting and his need of constant correction - younger Timothy looked much like the younger rod girl's look now. Very frail with those dark circles around his eyes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 13

We call that crap Plexass on the Sister Wives forum.  One of the pregnant women there not only shills it (like Jilldo) but drinks it, and gives it to her children.

As I wondered over there, isn't there a recommendation that Plexass not be used during pregnancy and lactation?  Not like Jilldo would care.  Why she brags about her daughter being "tiny" at this time, I can't even imagine.  

Like Rhett said to Scarlett, "a cat's a better mother than you are."  That applies to Jilldo.

• Like 17
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

Below is a great post from Jill about Tim 'choosing' to fast in which she manages to tell the world that he is a 'chronic whiner' since birth.  She also talks about 'correcting' his behavior every single time for offenses large and small. Any wonder these kids are so messed up?

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2449

I reread it. In addition to throwing shade on Timbits, she managed to work in a blurb about her sister the crippled quadriplegic (her actual terminology).

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 10

That link about horrid Jill seeking praise for her parenting skills because Tim was fasting, while also bashing him for being a whiny toddler, also contained one of her famous "...Smile" interjections. She used to always do that! The memory did not make me ...Smile! I find no redeeming qualities in this woman!

Edited by BetyBee
Decided to tone it down a bit while still making a point!
  • Like 13
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I hope she realizes it’s completely useless and just keeps quiet about it so Jill doesn’t freak out.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

It looks like Nuries nose is melting off her face. bME photoshop fails once again. Nuri looks vacant/surprised… 

Jill should leave Nurie's nose alone and photoshop her eyebrows back to a normal shape. Better yet, Jill should never have had her turn her natural brows into mismatched sperm. The brows are part of why Nurie looks surprised. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I hope she realizes it’s completely useless and just keeps quiet about it so Jill doesn’t freak out.

I'm pretty sure Nurie premade Plexus drinks before delivering Nemo, so they'd be ready to drink.

• Sad 12

Tried to edit the previous post and it got all messed up.

there is video of Jill holding newly born Nemo and Jill says she meant to mix nurie a slim and one of the not nurie's replies they had been mixed and she was saving some.

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That appears to be near a real garden. Are we sure that is the Rods' yard?

I'm going to go with a yes because the size of that garden is pathetic given the size of the Rod's property and the size of their family.  Jill's rock garden is larger.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's an absolutely appalling thought. 

It is, but she really did do that.  I remember her mentioning it on a video, so we are now 100% certain that Nurie’s babies are getting Plexus through her breast milk.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 12
13 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Oh look, it’s Kaylee in an alfalfa field in her nightgown!

You know, I don't see joy in Kaylee's eyes in any of these photos. Often in the fundie engagement shots, the bride and groom do seem really happy/excited to be together (Kendra and Joe, Jeremy and Jinger come to mind), these two look like they are there to test the lighting for a celebrity engagement photo shoot and they were just the right height/skin tone for the lighting to match.

• Like 5
  • Sad 10
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

You know, I don't see joy in Kaylee's eyes in any of these photos. Often in the fundie engagement shots, the bride and groom do seem really happy/excited to be together (Kendra and Joe, Jeremy and Jinger come to mind), these two look like they are there to test the lighting for a celebrity engagement photo shoot and they were just the right height/skin tone for the lighting to match.

Abbie and JD, too. I don't see a lot of joy in any of the Rodlings eyes. 

• Sad 8
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Totally agree. But where the two families differ is that JB basically shnookered and grifted himself an empire. The Duggar kids enter their arranged marriages knowing that, despite their lack of schooling, they will be set for the rest of their lives with either their spouses or themselves working for Daddy’s empire for Jeezus.  GWE has done nada to build ANY kind of security net for these stunted kids and basically arranged marriages for them under the pretenses that they will need to provide not only for their own quiver, but for BME and GWE in their dotage. They (the Rod kids) are not starting new lives, but taking what little gifts/knowledge they have and jumping from basically kindergarten to college with someone they barely know.  And I’m also 1,000,000% certain that there is sheer terror in there somewhere, too, with the whole “what comes after”.  And absolute abhorrent terror of the outside world that they have been shielded from and now have to enter.  So many things to unpack…

• Like 1
  • Sad 14

Funny (or not really funny) coincidence. My husband and I went to visit a family member who had a stroke/TIA. First, at the hospital entrance we were asked to remove our masks (N95s), or put one of their surgical masks over it. Second, our family member was in an observation room and only one visitor is allowed at a time. Third we were there at the change of shift, and our family member had a visit from a friend who is a hospital employee. I was politely asked to wait until he left the room before I went in. Our family member is fine and back at work.

It boggles my mind the Rods were able to get away with all the bullshit they pulled visiting Ma N.

• Like 9
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Funny (or not really funny) coincidence. My husband and I went to visit a family member who had a stroke/TIA. First, at the hospital entrance we were asked to remove our masks (N95s), or put one of their surgical masks over it. Second, our family member was in an observation room and only one visitor is allowed at a time. Third we were there at the change of shift, and our family member had a visit from a friend who is a hospital employee. I was politely asked to wait until he left the room before I went in. Our family member is fine and back at work.

It boggles my mind the Rods were able to get away with all the bullshit they pulled visiting Ma N.

Especially at a renowned facility like OSU.

• Like 7

One of Jill's posts in her "church/neighborhood picnic" collection was her pointing out how many cars were in her driveway while walking amung the cars and pointing out the drive.  Even for Jill, this one was weird for me.  

• Useful 5
30 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

One of Jill's posts in her "church/neighborhood picnic" collection was her pointing out how many cars were in her driveway while walking amung the cars and pointing out the drive.  Even for Jill, this one was weird for me.  

How many cars were there? The crowd looks small in the picture posted here.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, beckie said:

Do the Amish drive? And did they agree to her taking and posting pictures of them?

Old Order Amish do not drive.  Their main mode of transportation is horse and buggy.  He neighbors could walk over or catch a ride.  They can ride in cars/trucks/busses/vans no problem.   They would also refuse to be photographed if Jill actually asked them.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

How many cars were there? The crowd looks small in the picture posted here.

There were more tables than what could be seen in the pictures. It wasn’t a huge crowd though.

8 minutes ago, beckie said:

And did they agree to her taking and posting pictures of them?

I’m going with, no.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Are Jill's neighbors Amish or Mennonites? I would assume Jill would know the difference, but Jill often surprises me with what she knows and what she doesn't. 

She knows things?

• LOL 12
8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

It is, but she really did do that.  I remember her mentioning it on a video, so we are now 100% certain that Nurie’s babies are getting Plexus through her breast milk.

The stimulant Plexus or the diuretic/laxative gut Plexus? Either way, Nurie might have a fussy baby on her hands. Nathan should step in and stop this Plexus nonsense, but I doubt he will. 

• Like 9

Do we know what order her Amish neighbors are?  There are several.  The Old World Amish community that I am familiar with will ride in a hired car, but will not own one (horse and buggy only).  But they hire drivers when they need to go shopping or to an event far from home.  I have seen Amish folks picking up groceries in a car driven by the car's owner.   But they don't "mingle" with their "English" neighbors for social reasons.  They are very friendly when you go into their stores, and wave as you drive by.  I can't imagine a neighborhood cookout with their English neighbors, however--or allowing pictures to be taken.   There are other orders that are more "worldly", however, which might be the case with these neighbors.  I think it depends on what their Bishop allows.  My point is, not all Amish are Old World Amish. 

The Amish I know don't have curtains in their windows and do not use buttons on their clothing.  The women use straight pins to close the front of their dresses, and the pins are always evenly spaced and perfectly straight.  No electricity, so gas lighting in their homes, and a gas motor for the washing machine or fan.  No telephones in the house, but some have a phone in a shed in the ditch out front.  Up until  few years ago, maps to their stores did not have street names.  You had to count the roads to find the correct turnoff.  But when 911 came into the area, the roads had to be named with street signs. Courting" couples have to ride in an open buggy.  No top on the buggy until marriage.  No church buildings.  They take turns meeting on Sunday at homes.  And they are always dressed in their "Sunday Best".  The children do go to a school.  At least in Iowa, the state has mandated that the Amish children must go to school, and they must be taught by credentialed teachers. The teachers do drive cars, and dress like the normal public.  You see their cars parked next to the school buildings.  In this regard, the Amish kids are much better off than the Rod kids.

The Amish in the Rod's area are possibly not a strict Old World order and may be more social.  I hope Jill is not trying to sell them Plexus!

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5