Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Spent the day with his beloved, who has no name except she, her, my fiance....☹️

Obviously the long engagement is not his idea.

Of course he felt the shooting games were most important because he is not a whimp. She would probably take him out in paintball or laser tag as well.

The Rods boys have certainly been shown playing arcade shooting games before. Recently Dave, Samuel and Gabriel at Bass Pro. But the boys also were shown in the past playing Mortal Kombat at some restaurant or arcade. There is a pic of that somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

I'm glad Timothy wasn't upset about Heidi winning most of the games. I remember Trace being pissed at Chaney for beating him at games. Lucky for Chaney they broke up not to long after that.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
44 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

September? Isn't that an unusually long engagement for these folks? 

Yes, it is. The Duggars and Bateses usually have much shorter engagements. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Spent the day with his beloved, who has no name except she, her, my fiance....☹️

Obviously the long engagement is not his idea.

Of course he felt the shooting games were most important because he is not a whimp. She would probably take him out in paintball or laser tag as well.

The Rods boys have certainly been shown playing arcade shooting games before. Recently Dave, Samuel and Gabriel at Bass Pro. But the boys also were shown in the past playing Mortal Kombat at some restaurant or arcade. There is a pic of that somewhere.

Right? Why on earth was the hunting game the most important to him? It’s just another game. 

• Like 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Right? Why on earth was the hunting game the most important to him? It’s just another game. 

Probably because he could show off how masculine he was with a gun. Until Heidi handed him his ass. 😂

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 20
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Probably because he could show off how masculine he was with a gun. Until Heidi handed him his ass. 😂

It’s so sad that he’s been so indoctrinated into such a toxic mindset. I hope Heidi does help him change. 🥲

• Like 6
Just now, AstridM said:

It’s so sad that he’s been so indoctrinated into such a toxic mindset. I hope Heidi does help him change. 🥲

If the run in at the coffee shop is any indication, he hasn't changed at all. He is an arrogant snot.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 2
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

If the run in at the coffee shop is any indication, he hasn't changed at all. He is an arrogant snot.

What happened at what coffee shop?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

The Duggars and Bateses usually have much shorter engagements. 

But then they have cheap weddings that look like they were thrown together at the last minute. Maybe Heidi's family set the date for six months from now so that they can plan something nicer.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

I'm proud of Tim for  showing interest and actually going to museums and other places of interest, and asking for other suggestions.  And I am quite sure that he and Heidi won't be writing on walls or climbing buildings.  I am also quite sure that they are going to these places during viewing times, and not after hours.  This is a whole new world for Tim, and I'm happy he is participating and showing enjoyment.  There is hope for him yet.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm proud of Tim for  showing interest and actually going to museums and other places of interest, and asking for other suggestions.  And I am quite sure that he and Heidi won't be writing on walls or climbing buildings.  I am also quite sure that they are going to these places during viewing times, and not after hours.  This is a whole new world for Tim, and I'm happy he is participating and showing enjoyment.  There is hope for him yet.

I hope he mellows out. The coffee shop review I posted showed a different side of Tim, one more like his overbearing mother.

• Like 15
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Another Jill bot/carbon copy 

• Like 7

That is why I hope Heidi convinces him to sell the house and move closer to her family.  He seems more human with them.

• Like 14
  • Love 2
(edited)

He’s got a lot to learn. No one is required to respond to a solicitation email.  He obviously was soliciting the second time also - not just buying a cup of coffee.   He needs to learn what no soliciting means and what the penalties can be for repeatedly ignoring it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 18
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Heidi’s response to Timothy’s post:

Thank you, My LOVE! You are so sweet and amazing! I love spending every moment with you. You are the world’s greatest fiancé, and I believe that with all my heart. You have such a great desire to love me and take care of me. You never treat me like a princess. 😁You always treat me like a queen. I thank you so much and I love you with all my heart. 😘❤️‍🔥🥰🤟🏻❤️ ❣️

• Mind Blown 6
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Thank you, My LOVE! You are so sweet and amazing! I love spending every moment with you. You are the world’s greatest fiancé, and I believe that with all my heart. You have such a great desire to love me and take care of me. You never treat me like a princess. 😁You always treat me like a queen. I thank you so much and I love you with all my heart. 😘❤️‍🔥🥰🤟🏻❤️ ❣️

I do like she won't settle for princess.  She wants it all!  I suspect it will be a rocky relationship with Jill.  

• Like 14

Didn't Timothy talk about having to be curt with female co-workers so they wouldn't try to flirt with him or something?

But according to his coffee shop review, there is a lot to be thankful for, so we don't need to be curt with people?

• Like 8
24 minutes ago, Triple P said:

Didn't Timothy talk about having to be curt with female co-workers so they wouldn't try to flirt with him or something?

But according to his coffee shop review, there is a lot to be thankful for, so we don't need to be curt with people?

I wonder if the barista was a woman? That would have probably raised his own "curtness." Because every woman wants to flirt with him. 🙄

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She managed to get through an entire post without 25 references to G@d, Joy, blessings, sweet or neat. Jill must be  biting her lips and fingers. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

She managed to get through an entire post without 25 references to G@d, Joy, blessings, sweet or neat. Jill must be  biting her lips and fingers. 

Or end the sentences with at!

Or SEVERELY or any mention of an injury. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Look do you really expect Timothy to know what "no soliciting" means?   With a mother who converts people in the laundromat?   It's gonna take more than a few months of exposure to other ways before it sinks in.   Baby steps.   he didn't sulk and whine when he got beat at games by Heidi, its an improvement.   Because you know Jill always wins  or the world ends.

But the Queen thing.   I just find it cringe.   Its overused.   Also the Queen is sovereign and above the law.   In a marriage, its a partnership.    No one is queen or king for that matter.   But that's a personal thing.  

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 3/9/2024 at 10:34 AM, merylinkid said:

Look do you really expect Timothy to know what "no soliciting" means?   With a mother who converts people in the laundromat?   It's gonna take more than a few months of exposure to other ways before it sinks in.   Baby steps.   he didn't sulk and whine when he got beat at games by Heidi, its an improvement.   Because you know Jill always wins  or the world ends.

But the Queen thing.   I just find it cringe.   Its overused.   Also the Queen is sovereign and above the law.   In a marriage, its a partnership.    No one is queen or king for that matter.   But that's a personal thing.  

Timothy has certainly been raised to believe rules don't apply to the rods and when they are held to the rules it is "persecution of christians", or "attacks of satan". His mama has done many, many posts to that effect.

Tim has posted a few times about Heidi being able to hold her own. I can't remember his wording. I think that works for Timothy because that has been his entire life. A strong women running the show.

Also he treats Heidi like a queen because, that too, has sadly been his entire life. Get money from a grift church to buy yourself something, buy mama a gift. Get crap gifts from mama on your birthday or christmas, buy mama an ebike for mother's day, etc.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 14
  • Useful 2
19 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Look according to Tim he is an irresistible hunky hunk and all women crave his manly looks.

Jill would say "Like father, like son!"

• LOL 9
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Tim has posted a few times about Heidi being able to hold her own. I can't remember his wording. I think that works for Timothy because that has been his entire life. A strong women running the show.

Also he treats Heidi like a queen because, that too, has sadly been his entire life. Get a money from a grift church to buy yourself something, buy mama a gift. Get crap gifts from mama on your birthday or christmas, buy mama an ebike for mother's day, etc.

Yes. Tim will end up supporting two women. 

He'd better find a job that will allow him to do that. Selling insurance may not be it. If Heidi gets into Plexus, make that two jobs. He'll need the second one to pay for her monthly Plexus haul. 

• Like 9
(edited)

Well, Jill might not be posting, but she's back on her radio show. This week, she discussed marriage. She slammed a "friend" who left a long-term marriage with many kids and no abuse or affairs. This has Kim Plath written all over it. 

Jill admitted that the first 10 years her marriage were tough, with all those kids and no help from DBD other than financial. Now if course, he's her best friend, and they go on date nights "once or twice a week." She mentioned Punta Cana. She trots out the JOY mantra, which she certainly doesn't follow. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 7

First 10 years were so hard without help, thank the lord Nurie and Kaylee got old enough to help me.

First 10 years were so hard we decided to keep having children, give up the job and the house to live in an RV with 11 children and grift for income....oh and have more children...

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 11
(edited)

Jill must be home. A couple posts made after I posted about her radio show, and a barrage of church and Plexus posts in the past half hour. At least she filmed someone else singing; we were spared the typical Rod caterwauling.

I am editing hours later because I have TEA!!!

An intrepid sleuth found the Rods' performance from the service I mentioned above. Jill announced Timbits' wedding date: 9/14! 

I'm fervently hoping for a livestream. It's been a minute since we've had one. 😀

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 6
(edited)

In the same video Renee spilled that Phillip is back living at home and working a full time job while attending an online bible college.

So twice "god" has led them to the perfect bible college for Phillip and neither has worked out to get him to his goal of being a missionary to Hungary.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • Sad 18
  • Useful 6

Timothy and Heidi are getting married September 14. Of course Jill put that out there.

I wonder what the story Jill will tell about Phillip will be. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Is there a plexus getaway on 9/14? 

Im thinking Philip was so uneducated that he can’t even hack a Bible college. Or he lost his license and could not drive there. 

Or P met a girl and Mahmo put a stop to that non sense.

• Like 11
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
55 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

In the same video Renee spilled that Phillip is back living at home and working a full time job while attending an online bible college.

So two twice "god" has led them to the perfect bible college for Phillip and neither has worked out to get him to his goal of being a missionary to Hungary.

I imagine that becoming a missionary involves having some personal connections with people in the field. An online Bible course doesn't sound like the place to do that. 

It must be crushing to have a calling from God only to have it dashed. Becoming a bush pilot and  missionary to Hungary probably weren't reasonable expectations for the Rods' situation, but Sam and Gabe must have noticed where dreams end up in this family. Finding a paying job, getting married, and having a bunch of kids seem to be the only calling the Rod sons should bother with. At least the daughters know their lot in life, so their only mission is to attract a husband Mama will approve of. 

I feel sad for Phillip. I got the impression he liked studying and learning, and his time at school gave him opportunities to get to know people and learn about life outside the barndo. 

3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I'm thinking Philip was so uneducated that he can’t even hack a Bible college. Or he lost his license and could not drive there. 

Another option is that Jill is desperate for money, and with a full time job, Phillip can help do what David won't. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 10
  • Angry 1
6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Is there a plexus getaway on 9/14? 

Im thinking Philip was so uneducated that he can’t even hack a Bible college. Or he lost his license and could not drive there. 

Or he was getting too independent and having thoughts like "Mahmo isn't always right."   And EATING.   The fact he was filling out made her care of the other kids look twice as bad.   

• Like 17
  • Applause 3

To be honest if Phillip said "sitting in these chapel services every day listening to this old guy sitting in a chair is just so incredibly boring and a waste of my time..." I would say he was right to bail.

I thought something was up with Phillip and the college because the last grift church video Renee (who bizarrely always "introduces" invisible phillip) she skipped the "he is at bible college" part. I think he was also pictured in the family dinner at Kaylee's.

I do hope Phillip's full time job is back with Jonathan and not that he was Tim's co-worker trying to sell insurance in the coffee shop.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill must be home. A couple posts made after I posted about her radio show, and a barrage of church and Plexus posts in the past half hour. At least she filmed someone else singing; we were spared the typical Rod caterwauling.

An intrepid sleuth found the Rods' performance from the service I mentioned above. Jill announced Timbits' wedding date: 9/14! 

I'm fervently hoping for a livestream. It's been a minute since we've had one. 😀

Remember when the cows walked by at someone’s wedding lol

• LOL 8

I truly feel badly for the Rod kids. Especially the boys.  They are lost and the one person who should be serving as a strong, supportive, male role model is hiding out in his “print shop”, watching a map and sweetly grunting. Poor education aside, absolutely no one has stepped up to actually show them how to be fully functional adults.  They lack the ability to function outside of their cozy little bubble and, as soon as Jilly senses they are, they get yanked back.  Unlike the Duggars, the Rods do not have a hefty show-funded nest egg to support their minions who fail to launch.  I see a lot of self-inflicted struggles in their futures. 

• Like 19
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Tim is not prepared to be a working adult anywhere.  I still remember when he thought it was a good idea to review his own business and got defensive when someone gently suggested he take the review down because it made him look bad.  Now he is bothering coffee shop employees who point out the no soliciting policy and then thinks he's being clever by going on Google and posting a false review.  I believe what the person who responded to Tim's negative review said because Tim just doesn't understand how to work with people and appears to get angry when things don't go his way.  Also, he has pointed out that he is curt with women because he thinks all of them want him.  We don't.

I wonder if there is anyone in Heidi's family who can take him under their wing and teach him how working adults actually operate.  He may listen to one of them because they worship the correct Jesus whereas someone else may just get ignored as yet another persecutor.  He has a tough road ahead of him without some help.

I'd love to know what the story is with Philip and constantly changing Bible colleges.  This last place made Massillon look like Harvard by comparison.  So, there was some sort of falling out with Massillon and now this other place.  He is not going to Hungary as a missionary now or ever.  I feel sorry for him because I think that whole going to Hungary thing was simply Jill's fantasy and not his.

• Like 22
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It must be crushing to have a calling from God only to have it dashed. Becoming a bush pilot and  missionary to Hungary probably weren't reasonable expectations for the Rods' situation, but Sam and Gabe must have noticed where dreams end up in this family.

Equally crushing would be the loss of identity within the family. For your entire life mama has painted a picture of you in both her social media and at the grift stops and it ends badly.

Jill never, ever mentions Timothy's "burden" for aviation ministry on the grift tour these days. She hasn't even mentioned with great pride "he has a obtained his Pilot's License" for a very long time. Now it's "Timothy bought a house 20mins from us...."

Phillip has always been described by his mama as her diligent scholar. We can barely drag him away from his books and studies etc. He set his heart on being a missionary to Hungary when he was 8 or whatever.

Renee made zero mention of Phillip's "burden" to be a missionary to Hungary so I will say that is over.

side note - Sofia did the usual fun fact "all I want for christmas is my 2 front teeth" Jill jumped in to say "we need to update that fun fact" so Sofia must finally be getting her permanent teeth.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Thanks.  I thought they had said the wedding would be in September, but I only heard that once, and never an actual date.  Now if they would just move farther away from Tim's home and closer to Heidi's home.  I wonder if that will ever happen.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

I'd love to know what the story is with Philip and constantly changing Bible colleges.  This last place made Massillon look like Harvard by comparison.  So, there was some sort of falling out with Massillon and now this other place.  He is not going to Hungary as a missionary now or ever.  I feel sorry for him because I think that whole going to Hungary thing was simply Jill's fantasy and not his.

At Massilon, it appears that the Pastor acting as Dean retired or left the school at the end of Phillip's year there. The future of the school was not clear. I checked the academic calendar last night, and it didn't show any spring breaks or graduation dates (they graduated a grand total of TWO students in Phillip's year). There was a week in April set aside for soul winning, but that was it. Very strange. 

And maybe even Phillip realized he wasn't getting an education at Marietta and didn't go back. 

I wonder what Bible college he's doing now? The one Nurie and Kaylee did? 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 6
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

So twice "god" has led them to the perfect bible college for Phillip and neither has worked out to get him to his goal of being a missionary to Hungary.

Noooooo!

• Sad 6
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I imagine that becoming a missionary involves having some personal connections with people in the field. An online Bible course doesn't sound like the place to do that. 

It must be crushing to have a calling from God only to have it dashed. Becoming a bush pilot and  missionary to Hungary probably weren't reasonable expectations for the Rods' situation, but Sam and Gabe must have noticed where dreams end up in this family. Finding a paying job, getting married, and having a bunch of kids seem to be the only calling the Rod sons should bother with. At least the daughters know their lot in life, so their only mission is to attract a husband Mama will approve of. 

I feel sad for Phillip. I got the impression he liked studying and learning, and his time at school gave him opportunities to get to know people and learn about life outside the barndo. 

Another option is that Jill is desperate for money, and with a full time job, Phillip can help do what David won't. 

God forbid they could have allowed Renee to get a part time job and let Phillip continue school 😪

• Like 8