Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

So Jill is now thinking people on her SM might be getting tired of hearing them again, but not too long ago she posted about not wanting to give up the "praising" part of their ministry because it would be such a disappointment to all those grift churches.

The same 10 people at Pastor Nathan Keller's church aren't tired of hearing them?? They have been grifting at some of the same churches for 10 years. Maybe those people would like some "music laid over" and not hear the rods again.

I could go and sing Barbara manatee. And the dance of the cucumber.  The veggie tales run deep in me 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

If only the little girls would learn how to play the rubber chicken. . . We could get gems like this: 

Add Jill’s cowbells and it’s gonna be my soundtrack in hell lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
1 minute ago, satrunrose said:

So much for the hope the Papa Ben changed his mind about the "blessings" of early marriage after Jessa and Ben.

I'm hoping that having a sister who's divorced will delay the baby train for a while. Jessica is lucky that she used birth control in her first marriage. 

• Like 9
6 hours ago, dariafan said:

I could go and sing Barbara manatee. And the dance of the cucumber.  The veggie tales run deep in me 

Dariafan, you are my cheeseburger…

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He's 19, and she just turned 18. 

Lord Daniel of the Laundromat, they are BABIES!!!!  I truly hope that he is financially stable enough at NINETEEN YEARS OLD to support not only himself, but a whole other person!  Not to mention the string of babies that will most likely begin making their appearance in 9-10 months. 

Editing to say he is apparently gainfully employed at his father’s auto glass replacement business.  

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Like 18
On 2/24/2024 at 11:58 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill's response to some confused friends regarding the music: 

image.thumb.png.3326b757dc299dc3424fa0d6d4c4f246.png

If the kids were actually so sick that Jill felt it necessary to overlay real music over their performance, then why on earth are they performing at all?  There is no way that Jill would silence her ministry waifs unless they sounded so bad even she couldn't stand it.  Is it really that big a deal if the Rodlets skip one performance?  Is the congregation - all 10 of them -  going to stand up and stomp their feet, demanding for them to come on stage?

• Sad 14
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If the kids were actually so sick that Jill felt it necessary to overlay real music over their performance, then why on earth are they performing at all?  There is no way that Jill would silence her ministry waifs unless they sounded so bad even she couldn't stand it.  Is it really that big a deal if the Rodlets skip one performance?  Is the congregation - all 10 of them -  going to stand up and stomp their feet, demanding for them to come on stage?

Instead of leaving them at home in Ohio when Jill and David went on vacation, she dragged her SEVERELY sick kids on a long trip to Florida and dumped them on pregnant Nurie. 

• Sad 21
35 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

s it really that big a deal if the Rodlets skip one performance?  Is the congregation - all 10 of them -  going to stand up and stomp their feet, demanding for them to come on stage?

To Jill yes.   She truly believes the congregations will riot if she doesn't get to sing.   She knows she can't solo because that wouldn't be mahdest so she has to force her kids to perform, sick or not.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 10

It sounds as if Jill herself wasn't sick. If she was viciously sick, her performance would have been her pathetically croaking in hopes of a bigger grift! 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Instead of leaving them at home in Ohio when Jill and David went on vacation, she dragged her SEVERELY sick kids on a long trip to Florida and dumped them on pregnant Nurie. 

At least (AndKaylee) got a break. Poor girl was pregnant and was taking care of the Noyes grandparents.

At least this time she wasn’t stuck being a maid to 10 people.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

It sounds as if Jill herself wasn't sick. If she was viciously sick, her performance would have been her pathetically croaking in hopes of a bigger grift! 

Even if she was sick she’d still go to DR. 

And she didn’t run into the sister wives or Karissa her bestie lol

• LOL 5

1B540E38-78C9-4FEF-9DF6-BEA630522EC2.jpeg

CD950570-A609-4E69-B209-FCD3F6A03733.jpeg

44B7EA7A-3694-4C7D-986E-9A90DBB8165C.jpeg

February 16th was Nathan & Nurie's Church's Valentine's Banquet.  It was Western theme.  They did a great job planning it and it was an honor to get to be a part of it.  😊🥰❤️

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 9

Gee, I wonder if Mahmo suggested the theme so she could break out her Nashville gear again...

As someone who lived in Nashville for 7 years, it was always amusing to see tourists' cosplay of "Nashville wear"

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

Oh my gosh if ever a video of rods performing needed "music laid over" them singing, this would be a good one.

One video of them singing is more than 5 min. At about the 4:15 mark, 2 violins, the 3 younger girls are screeching along and several babies/toddlers join in with wailing of their own 😬

• LOL 8
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

1B540E38-78C9-4FEF-9DF6-BEA630522EC2.jpeg

44B7EA7A-3694-4C7D-986E-9A90DBB8165C.jpeg

February 16th was Nathan & Nurie's Church's Valentine's Banquet.  It was Western theme.  They did a great job planning it and it was an honor to get to be a part of it.  😊🥰❤️

I guess we have proof that Jill and DBD flew out of Orlando rather than St. Pete as some had suspected. That means the smiley drop happened earlier in the week (they were in NC the prior weekend). 

• Useful 5
(edited)
On 2/24/2024 at 3:29 PM, GeeGolly said:

I assume Jill is hugging a pink neck pillow in that pick. What I don't know is what's happening down in the area of David's willy.

Aaarrgh!!  Why did I look? 🤢🤮😭

I mean it's probably just a lining of his shirt or something. But I do NOT ever want to look in the direction of David's ... Anything.. For any reason. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • LOL 14
(edited)

Looks like the Rods collected a love offering of gift cards. They were on the table in front of dave while he films.

Anyone think anyone but mama and daddy will get to go to Coldstone for ice cream??

Screenshot (594).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 2

I don't give gift cards anymore because there is a good chance they are no good.  I don't know the details, but people can remove the redemption code off the card and use it.  The card gets sold and it is already used.  I have seen clerks check the cards before people leave with them.  Emailed Amazon gift cards are the ones I use if I need a gift card.  I wonder how Jill would react if her gift (grift) card was refused.

I heard this was a TicTok challange, but I don't know if that is true.  I do know people that have received useless gift cards, however.

• Sad 4
  • Useful 4
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I don't give gift cards anymore because there is a good chance they are no good.  I don't know the details, but people can remove the redemption code off the card and use it.  The card gets sold and it is already used.  I have seen clerks check the cards before people leave with them.  Emailed Amazon gift cards are the ones I use if I need a gift card.  I wonder how Jill would react if her gift (grift) card was refused.

I heard this was a TicTok challange, but I don't know if that is true.  I do know people that have received useless gift cards, however.

I always hold onto my receipt when I get them or I give them to the person with the card. 

• Like 8
On 2/24/2024 at 9:48 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Why is one girl holding a stuffed chicken? (I guess it looks better than a dirty rag.) Why do they just stand there while playing other people's music?  Surely no one thinks that music is coming from them.  This is most strange.  Does Jill expect "love gifts" from people who just look at them standing in front of the church?  Does she somehow think just being in her family's presence is enough to make folks want to give them money and gifts?  I don't get it.  But then, I don't "get" Jill's mind, either.

They got her a pet?

• LOL 9

For those of you who know of the Bates but don't follow them, they are popping out babies left and right. Three babies born between August and two days ago, and another due in a few months.

They may have surpassed JB in grandchildren by now.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

To Jill yes.   She truly believes the congregations will riot if she doesn't get to sing.   She knows she can't solo because that wouldn't be mahdest so she has to force her kids to perform, sick or not.  

Jill sees herself as Maria Von Trapp, leading her children in glorious song, except that unlike those heathen Catholics, HER family believes in the correct Jesus.

• Like 10
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I always hold onto my receipt when I get them or I give them to the person with the card. 

You are smart.  I have seen the clerks actually staple the receipt to the gift card packaging. Always keep the receipt for a gift card and give it to the recepient.  It is too bad that we have to be so careful now, and that some people think theft is an ok thing to do.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They may have surpassed JB in grandchildren by now.

Current Duggar count is 33 (assuming there haven't been any more secret babies), while the Bates have 28. Very close. I wonder if JB loses sleep over the thought of the Bateses going ahead?

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Current Duggar count is 33 (assuming there haven't been any more secret babies), while the Bates have 28. Very close. I wonder if JB loses sleep over the thought of the Bateses going ahead?

Does this count include Jeremiah’s latest baby ?

• Like 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I pictured JB yelling at his married kids to have more babiez!

I think Jill, JD and Jinger are either done or will have one more. Joshua might have more if he marries a younger woman. 

Kendra, JED, Jer, Lauren and Jessa are no where near done.

Justin seems to have 0. Maybe they will have 1/2. 

I am probably forgetting some married Duggars. 

Edit: I forgot Joy. And she seems not done having kids. 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 6
(edited)

I think Justin may be the first Duggar to divorce. There's no there in that marriage. I come close to believing the rumors that JB married Justin off after he was busted kissing another girl at Family Camp.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
On 2/25/2024 at 1:38 PM, dariafan said:

a better song for the fam --" we are the pirates who don't do anything"...I adore veggie tales...

• Applause 3
  • LOL 3
On 2/26/2024 at 2:45 PM, ginger90 said:

Can someone explain that top Jill is wearing? The kids are wearing plaid shirts, some over long t-shirts for unknown reasons. Is Jill wearing a very short gray sweater over a billowy white shirt, or is this a one-piece franken-thing she bought for the occasion? Surely, in honor of the party theme, she could have found something plaid in that packed walk-in closet of hers.

Good to see she kept the white cowgirl boots. She's been able to wear them twice now.

• LOL 11