Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Honestly, Jonathan has always seemed like the one person on earth who buys into Jilldo's "Wholesome Hijinx for Jebus" messaging, including the Rodlets (see the expressions when they don't know the cameras on). My question is why. He's the headship and the proud owner of an organ that's supposed to make him more important than his MIL. There's no indication that his family is any nuttier than the average fundie, so why is he grinning like he's at Disney while folding DBD's recycling fodder?

• Like 19
  • LOL 1

I guess it's possible that he's even more conservative than his parents. I mean, the Rods are waaaay out there, and gutless Jonathan has fit right in. He doesn't impress me as a leader, or a "headship," at all. Kaylee runs that household.

• Like 14
3 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

As relieved as I am that she's not pregnant, who announces a medical issue (albeit minor) with their baby in a sparkly social media post???

Jill 2.0 does.

• Like 11
  • Sad 4

Next Kaylee will be sayng Plexus cured his eye.   

I wonder if Jill will wander away from the all inclusive resort in order to "save" the locals.   That will be  ... interesting.   Nah, who I am kidding, she will be too busy eating and shopping all day to bother about Jeebus.   

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee revealed the Gideon news. She's not pregnant (thank God). They actually noticed his lazy eye and are getting it fixed. 

While I didn't think it needed to be announced as it was, I'm glad they did notice it and are seeing someone about it. On FJ, there was talk about his eye for awhile now. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

While I didn't think it needed to be announced as it was, I'm glad they did notice it and are seeing someone about it. On FJ, there was talk about his eye for awhile now. 

She said they noticed it because of all of the videos and pictures they have been taking recently.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Next Kaylee will be sayng Plexus cured his eye.   

I wonder if Jill will wander away from the all inclusive resort in order to "save" the locals.   That will be  ... interesting.   Nah, who I am kidding, she will be too busy eating and shopping all day to bother about Jeebus.   

JillyBean will probably get her all girl Plexus choir to sing hymns in the lobby of the resort, lol. 

• LOL 5
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guess it's possible that he's even more conservative than his parents. I mean, the Rods are waaaay out there, and gutless Jonathan has fit right in. He doesn't impress me as a leader, or a "headship," at all. Kaylee runs that household.

I think any guy with an actual spine would not consider marrying into this family. It's probably why Renee's guy disappeared.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She said they noticed it because of all of the videos and pictures they have been taking recently.

That is how my parents noticed my crossed eye when I was little.  I wore glasses when I was two, and it was corrected.  I'm glad they are paying attention to their baby.

• Like 10
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Are they going the surgical route before trying glasses?

They didn't specify any treatments. I guess they'll know more once he's actually examined. But his lazy eye isn't "little." I noticed it before I saw anyone make mention of it online.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Are they going the surgical route before trying glasses?

They haven’t had the actual appointment yet. She said, “they’ll probably patch his good eye to strengthen his bad one”. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
On 2/9/2024 at 9:16 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Actually, I think JillR runs that household.  Kaylee is her clone, but Jill is pulling the strings.  

I do wonder what kind of life Jonathan had at home that made coming to Ohio and living in someone's musty basement  more appealing than having Kaylee move closer to his family.  The whole thing just seems off somehow.

• Like 23
  • Useful 1

Ellen’s post to Heidi:

Time is moving way to fast!! 🥺💔

20 years ago a little blonde headed tornado entered our world! 

She was a force to be recond with and still is. 🤣

She was our tom boy.  😊

Climbing trees🌳 

Collecting bugs  🐛 🐞

Covered in dirt 🧼 

Heidi, you have become such a beautiful, sweet, kind hearted, loving young woman!! 

I can't believe you are getting married this year!  👰 💒 💍 

You and Timothy are such an amazing team! 

Make sure you give him a hard time 😉 😜

We love you so much! 

🎂🎂💚HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!💚🎂🎂

LOVE, MOM AND DAD 🥰😘

9F14394D-7051-46B0-9474-9D3A2C0E27FB.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, all fall down said:

Still better than anything Jill has written for her kids. 

Is it even a birthday greeting if she doesn't make it about her severe miscarriage and 18 pints of blood loss? 

It's nice not to know how many SEVERE miscarriages Ellen has had. 

• Like 14
22 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

This reminds me of Michelle Duggar feeding Jordyn (! think) peas while she was flat on her back.

Screenshot(17964).png.495c1a7bdbb641eb3575854b32d65e48.png

As an infant feeding therapist, I can’t tell you how incredibly wrong and dangerous this is, for any baby, much less a premature one. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 4

It's nice to read a birthday greeting that doesn't mention she has a servant's heart. Not making it all about memememe.  Even the part about making sure Heidi will give Tim a hard time (😉 😜) made me smile because that seems like a more normal relationship.  I hope that Tim has modified his point of view about women.  

The picture of Jonathan feeding Gideon (1) that baby needs to be sitting up and (2) wow!  a father feeding his child rather than leaving it up to Kaylee.  But I guess he had to so Kaylee could take the picture showing what a great father he is to feed his child.  

• Like 12

It does sound normal. Here’s hoping — for their sakes and those of their future children. I’m sure Heidi’s family has beliefs I would strenuously object to, but they at least sound less awful and “personality disorder-esque” than the Rods.

As for feeding: it’s amazing to me children survive these fundie families. And women marveling about their husbands pitching in with the kids makes me twitchy. My grandmother once told me that in their day, fathers really weren’t very hands-on with their children (at least not until they were older). My dad, on the other hand, was all over me and my sisters and they were sort of surprised and bemused at the generational difference. My mom was a SAHM and did most of the housework/cooking/kid stuff. But my dad was very involved, so that always seemed normal. I recall once when I was getting my hair cut, I overheard a woman saying her daughter was glad she was having a boy because “she feels like her husband might actually help with a boy.”

Blows my mind that attitude still exists and people still marvel over men pitching in to help care for the kids they helped create. Good grief.

• Like 18

has jill posted a happy birthday message to Heidi? Iv'e not seen anything on SM yet...although her timelines are screwy so maybe we will see something next week? next month?

• Like 6
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Shilling Plexus.

Screenshot from a video:

6802124F-2E87-437E-89E8-25A9EE5717A8.jpeg

OMG.  She’s getting more insane everyday.

51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Shilling Plexus.

Screenshot from a video:

6802124F-2E87-437E-89E8-25A9EE5717A8.jpeg

Freaking Foot Loops.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

has jill posted a happy birthday message to Heidi? Iv'e not seen anything on SM yet...although her timelines are screwy so maybe we will see something next week? next month?

She's still trying to find a way to make a HBD post to someone else's child ALL ABOUT JILL.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10