Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

She strikes me more of the MIL type that will either show up in a white dress or in all black like she’s headed to a funeral, black hat and veil included, and going on and on about losing her baby boy to another woman. 

Or a little of both.

image.png.5358adf7ae099999cfa25e64e49b6598.png

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
11 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm sure that in her mind, she is only doing all she can to further emphasize what a supremely wonderful job her creator did when He blessed her with such perfect features. Can't be taking that sort of thing for granted, now, can we? 

According to Dave she could have been a model (🙄) instead she is his gadly wife. 

Jill thinks highly of her looks, too bad she didn’t snag a Jim Bob. 

• LOL 10
17 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I want Jill to wear those shoes to the wedding lol

37470541-515C-4E43-81DE-C4EBDD071D23.jpeg

Very sexy and sluttish 

All that modest crap but she has no problem showing off her toes. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
47 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

All that modest crap but she has no problem showing off her toes. 

And usually wears a toe ring and an anklet. Jill is full of crap about being mahdest. She likes showing off herself.

• Like 12
On 2/14/2024 at 9:48 AM, oliviabenson said:

Viciously sick? And yet drags them on a grifter tour? Getting everyone in their path sick? Like in Walmart, McDonald’s, gas stations??? Or elderly church members? Or even you know pregnant Nurie? 

Jill is an asshole. 

If the kids are so sick, why did Jill drag them on this trip? Several of the “kids” are now in their 20s. Surely they could have stayed home and watched the younger ones while Jill and David drove to Florida?

• Like 11
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Her hair looks lopsided in her wedding picture, just like her daughter.

OMG! It is! Maybe it is a Noyes family tradition of some kind? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She's quoting the great Winnie the Pooh.  I wonder if she ever read those books to her kids......hahaha, never mind.  🙁

So sad that the children don't get to read anything except fundie cult stuff.

• Sad 11
Just now, xwordfanatik said:

So sad that the children don't get to read anything except fundie cult stuff.

There are so many "clean" books they could read, especially for the girls. I work at a library and there are several romance lines labeled as "clean romances". Or why not a biography on a famous Christian, like Corrie Ten Boom? 

• Like 10

What do you all think the Rod kids do to fill time on these road trips in the worn to the bones RV?  I would guess not school time. Probably they have to listen to sermons or hymns and practice their introductions for mama's show at the next grift stop. You would think Dave would have taught the boys to drive the RV so he could lounge around in bed the entire way on these trips.

I was thinking when we took long trips with kids they had books, games, state road maps and even in the early 90s we had a small tv and vcr in the car. The best part for our kids was what they referred to as "the big box of junk food".  They helped shop for snacks and the box, and a cooler with drinks, was within their reach in the car, so they could get whatever they wanted at any time.

• Like 14

DBD is stuck driving. Sam is the only boy with a license (I think). The Rod kids don't get their license until they're 18, so Gabe wouldn't have his yet. Plus, don't you need a different class license to drive that RV? Not sure about that. 

• Useful 5
16 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

DBD is stuck driving. Sam is the only boy with a license (I think). The Rod kids don't get their license until they're 18, so Gabe wouldn't have his yet. Plus, don't you need a different class license to drive that RV? Not sure about that. 

We have only ever seen Dave driving the rod rv. Never Jill, Timothy or Phillip. They let Samuel follow them in the car on one of the recent trips. I figured maybe the RV is unable to tow it these days.

Several of the duggar kids drove their stink bus, even JInger or Jana.

I don't know what class of RV the Rods have, but they do tow a car or trailer most of the time.

What kind of license do you need to drive an RV?

It depends on your vehicle size and state. Because the weight range of Class A RVs is so large, you’ll need to check the weight before you can determine what’s legal in your state. If your Class A RV is less than 26,000 pounds and 40 feet in length, you're likely fine to drive with your regular driver's license. However, if your Class A motorhome exceeds that limit, you may need to take an RV safety course or get a CDL to operate it on the road.

Class B and C vehicles generally don't require a special license in any of the 50 states. If you tow a trailer or car behind your RV with a combined weight of more than 26,000 pounds, you might need a special license or endorsement, depending on your state. Again, if you're unsure of exactly which license you'll need, check with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If your license matches the requirements in the state where your RV is registered, you don't need to obtain a special license when traveling through a state with different rules or taking a road trip into Canada.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
4 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Why do they need both the RV AND a car when they travel? Doesn’t that just increase the costs?

That's how Jill and DBD slip away for couple vacations. And maybe that's how they will get to Orlando to fly to Punta Cana. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Doesn’t Renee have a license?

25 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Why do they need both the RV AND a car when they travel? Doesn’t that just increase the costs?

It's really hard to go anywhere quickly when you're in a motorhome. In the best case scenario you're dry camping (ie. not hooked up to utilities) and you need about 10 minutes to make sure that everything's locked and tied down. In a campground situation, it would be more like 30 mins to get unhooked and have everything put away. It's a huge pain to go to all that trouble because Jill forgot her eyeliner and she won't stop screaming until you make a Walmart run (with pamphlets, of course). Motorhomes are also really hard to manoeuvre and park. They need either multiple spots or specially designed ones. So, if you need to do any kind of a quick trip to a busy place with traffic, the car's a lot easier.

I mean, my family traveled by motorhome without a car in the summers, but we mostly planned around it by taking public transit into urban cores or, the odd time, renting a car once we got where we were going. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 8

I don't think any of the girls driving even a car has been shown or ever mentioned after Nurie and Kaylee's accident.

Renee is registered to vote, so probably got her license at 18 for ID.

Interesting thing looking up the voting age Rods shows Tim voted Nov. 11, 2023 using the barndo address. I don't think he was living at the barndo in Nov 2023.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't think any of the girls driving even a car has been shown or ever mentioned after Nurie and Kaylee's accident.

Renee is registered to vote, so probably got her license at 18 for ID.

Interesting thing looking up the voting age Rods shows Tim voted Nov. 11, 2023 using the barndo address. I don't think he was living at the barndo in Nov 2023.

Good point about the girls driving. And you're right. No mention of them driving even just the car at all after the dramatics surrounding the accident.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
16 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Jill would 100% be one of those "influencers" who film themselves driving.  I'm sure any tickets she'd get for that would be PERSECUTION!

Jill films from inside vehicles all the time. From the passenger seat. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, all fall down said:

I think Jill can drive, she is just has some old fashioned idea that driving is the man's job. 

Or she thinks she's so special that she has a personal driver.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

She really went.   I'm so amazed.

But yeah, Punta Cana v. Ohio in February, I shouldn't be surprised.

Meanwhile those poor sick kids (its not satan, the flu is going around JILL) are dumped somewhere instead of being home.   At least they will get some peace and quiet with Mom out of the country.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill drives, at least occasionally. She made a big deal about having to drive during one of their many rescues due to the RV breaking down.

And didn’t she once talk about having to drive an elderly woman from her church someplace? I remember she was quite resentful about it because the woman wasn’t one of the “important” church members.

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Wow she wasted at least $1000 for a dumb plexus trip…

Sooo Jonathan is in charge of feeding 15 people for a few days.

We saw the empty pantry so we know Jill didn’t leave any food behind.

And we know she didn't leave any money behind to buy groceries. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 7