Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I see this as Kaylee doing exactly what BME tells her to do on FB, because right now she's the favored child, something that she hasn't been in the past. 

Unfortunately for her, if Renee marries someone BME and Hunk approve of and quickly produces that coveted granddaughter (or if Nurie does), she'll be pushed back into her (and Kaylee) role. I'm just sad for her.

• Like 19
15 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I imagine they hear much more from screaming preachers st the pulpit than (used correctly, Kaylee) they actually read. 

I sort of figured they would have seen the word in their bible copying home school work. Imagine my surprise in doing google search that the word chaste seems to appear in the good old KJV bible just 3 times, all new testament.

No wonder she can't spell it. They only hear it in context as a standard set by mama.

• Like 4
  • Useful 7
26 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I imagine they hear much more from screaming preachers st the pulpit than (used correctly, Kaylee) they actually read. 

I'm sure they cannot read and understand the KJ Bible.  They learn by listening to some preacher's interpretation.  Since many of their preachers don't have much education, I think the message gets muddled.  Then they "spread the word" that they thought they heard.

• Like 20
  • Applause 1

Actually, if the Rodlets can't read the KJV, it makes sense why their delightful parents are so picky about the version used by the churches they grace with their presence. I mean, if you're a literate person you can see that there's no significant change in meaning between 

New Revised Standard

10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for see—I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people:

Good News

10 but the angel said to them, "Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people.

KJV

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

The KJV sounds fancier (which, let's face it, is enough for Jill) and is harder to push back against if you don't know the difference between chaste and chased.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

In the Christmas videos, Renee read a Bible passage. She mispronounced "devout." I forget how she said it, and it took me a second to figure out what she actually meant. 

So yeah, pretty much illiterate. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Missed a period. Oops!
  • Like 5
  • Sad 16
  • Useful 1

and that is just how best mama and daddy want to keep the rest of them illiterate and relying on mama and daddy to tell them what to think and believe so they will have all control.

Timothy is learning the horrors Jill tells about some things are not so true. Heidi's parents certainly have like minded religious and political beliefs, but are not quite as fanatical on things like all women who wear pants are whores. Should Tim believe his future MIL is a whore because she got her picture taken in jeans?? I bet he does not because he hopefully sees her as a real person and not just how she dresses.

Jill herself is a hypocrite by all her superior modesty standards while all the while taking grift money from churches that according to Jill "have lowered their standards by allowing women to wear clothing that pertaineth to men" and by having women who wear pants in her plexus downline.

Jill and Dave are fine with pants wearing women like Nathan's sister, who let them use a condo for a free vacation, take them to goodwill and buy them things or give to the grift.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 21
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, sixlets said:

I was reading an article in People Magazine Thursday evening, and it was about a young man who spent 4 years or so in federal prison.  He is now out and finally admitted to friends, family, and probably himself, that he could not read.  There was a column of statistics, and one of them stated that 54% of adults in the US cannot read above a 6th-grade level.  Jill is hitting so many points when it comes to abusing her children.  Until individual states put mandates in place for home-schooling, kids like the Rodlets will fall through the cracks and join that 54% statistic.  

Oliver speaks on tik tok has been teaching himself to read and it’s such an inspiration

• Like 12
7 hours ago, BetyBee said:

My eyes! Why isn't she wearing a mahdest, skin tight mermaid skirt and a hoodie blouse?! 😜

Seeing this picture sent me down a rabbit hole! I had no idea Heidi's sister was so much different than the fundies Jill encounters. She's got to be so afraid of what Tim is exposed to.

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

Seeing this picture sent me down a rabbit hole! I had no idea Heidi's sister was so much different than the fundies Jill encounters. She's got to be so afraid of what Tim is exposed to.

I'd consider Hallie a mainstream Christian. The family a little more conservative (they do homeschool). Heidi seems to come out fundie, but maybe she's closer to her parents' beliefs than the Rods.

• Like 6
Just now, YupItsMe said:

I’m surprised Jill hasn’t pitched a fit about Tim & Heidi being in night clothes in front of each other before they are married.

Oh, that's part of Kaylee's modest clothes rant. Jill approved. 🙄

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

and that is just how best mama and daddy want to keep the rest of them illiterate and relying on mama and daddy to tell them what to think and believe so they will have all control.

Timothy is learning the horrors Jill tells about some things are not so true. Heidi's parents certainly have like minded religious and political beliefs, but are not quite as fanatical on things like all women who wear pants are whores. Should Tim believe his future MIL is a whore because she got her picture taken in jeans?? I bet he does not because he hopefully sees her as a real person and not just how she dresses.

Jill herself is a hypocrite by all her superior modesty standards while all the while taking grift money from churches that according to Jill "have lowered their standards by allowing women to wear clothing that pertaineth to men" and by having women who wear pants in her plexus downline.

Jill and Dave are fine with pants wearing women like Nathan's sister, who let them use a condo for a free vacation, take them to goodwill and buy them things or give to the grift.

In the book of Enoch ( the accurate historical one - according to academic michael heiser)...the watchers taught the women how to wear make - up..to SEDUCE  men...if Jill read about that she would never wear make up again...and the book of enoch is not canon..but is used as an historical cultural document - but enoch is referenced in the bible... 

• Like 5
  • Useful 6

I agree they're probably not doing much reading, and we know they're not doing anything resembling real school. But in my personal experience, I think people tend to be either good at spelling or not, and it doesn't necessarily correlate with intelligence, education, or reading ability/frequency. So, Kaylee may still very well suck at spelling even if she was raised in a different environment. 

• Like 9
42 minutes ago, Zella said:

I agree they're probably not doing much reading, and we know they're not doing anything resembling real school. But in my personal experience, I think people tend to be either good at spelling or not, and it doesn't necessarily correlate with intelligence, education, or reading ability/frequency. So, Kaylee may still very well suck at spelling even if she was raised in a different environment. 

True, but she also doesn't understand grammar, capitalization, or punctuation, so I think the real problem is lack of education.

46 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

In the book of Enoch ( the accurate historical one - according to academic michael heiser)...the watchers taught the women how to wear make - up..to SEDUCE  men...if Jill read about that she would never wear make up again...and the book of enoch is not canon..but is used as an historical cultural document - but enoch is referenced in the bible... 

These are people who assert the earth is only 6000 years old based on the begats in the Bible.  I don't think they'd accept anything from any non-KJV source.

And, yes, I am sure Jill popped a gasket when she saw Tim and Heidi and the rest of the family hanging out wearing matching PJ's, opening Christmas gifts.  That they even continue to associate with the pants-wearing harlot daughter is beyond the pale to Dave and Jill.  If Kaylee ever donned slutty pants, she'd be cut off without another word.

• Like 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

True, but she also doesn't understand grammar, capitalization, or punctuation, so I think the real problem is lack of education.

Yes I'm aware. I was just pushing back on the underlying assumption a bunch of people are repeating on here that reading and education automatically make someone a good speller. That's just simply not always true in my experience, and I think sometimes people are overly simplistic about it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 14
(edited)

Reading and education definitely helped ME with spelling. Just speaking for myself. 😀

Regarding the Rods, their spelling patterns come from the KJV bible. Jill spells words like armor in British English. Kaylee is an unknown, as possible words haven't come up yet. But I bet she spells according to the KJV as well. It's all she knows.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
On 10/9/2023 at 10:24 AM, laurakaye said:

It must be a bit jarring to come upon two fully-dressed adults squished up against each other while the woman holds her phone out to narrate her surroundings and then pans around to capture anyone and everyone who happens to be nearby.

And then those squished, fully-dressed adults ambush you and try to win your soul.

• LOL 6
20 hours ago, AstridM said:

Much like the rest of us did with song lyrics growing up! 😆 For several years as a kid, I thought Foreigner’s “Urgent” was “virgin.”

Hmm. Wonder what you thought the band meant by "Virgin. . . EMERGENCY!" :)

• LOL 17
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Throw in dyslexia, and it's true that educated people can be terrible at spelling.  

• Like 10
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Throw in dyslexia, and it's true that educated people can be terrible at spelling.  

Oh, absolutely.  There are plenty of highly intelligent people who cannot spell worth a darn.  However, in Kaylee's case, it's impossible to know whether she is simply a poor speller because we all know that her education in was so poor overall.  She never had a chance.

• Like 18

For most people (not including people with certain learning issues), spelling like any other skill can be improved with education and practice.  Improved not necessarily made perfect.  That is why elementary students are taught word families and other phonics patterns and "spelling rules."  However, Jill's alleged educational program is so lacking in even basic comprehension of what a normal curriculum is that it's not shocking at how dismal her adult children's writing skills are.  Instead of reports and essays their writing assigments seem to have only been writing or pretending to write posts praising Jill.  

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Reading and education definitely helped ME with spelling. Just speaking for myself. 😀

Regarding the Rods, their spelling patterns come from the KJV bible. Jill spells words like armor in British English. Kaylee is an unknown, as possible words haven't come up yet. But I bet she spells according to the KJV as well. It's all she knows.

Same. I know the correct spellings of most words because I read so much as a child (and as an adult). I can tell if a word doesn’t “look” right, and that’s simply because of seeing it so many times in print.

3 hours ago, LilJen said:

LOL. I don’t think I ever even put that together! 😆

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

There's IQ and education. One can be smart and poorly educated and one can be not so smart with a great education. And then there is a plethora of other reasons, learning disability, hearing impaired, vision impaired, home life, access to books, wifi, etc.

I think we all agree the Rod kids were/are poorly educated. If you think about it, these kids should get props if they test out at 6th grade. I'm guessing much of what they've learned is mostly self taught.

• Like 10

Came back to add for the average person posting in a forum or on other SM, their less than grammatically correct posts may be due to laziness, distraction, 'text speak' or whatever.

Personally, I wouldn't try to evaluate intelligence or education by any SM posts.

With that said, shillers and influencers should certainly take the time to make sure well written.

• Like 11
3 hours ago, LilJen said:

For some reason, I now have the video and the song "Danger! High Voltage" by the Electric Six stuck in my head. With Jill and David as the lead characters. How can I get my brain back? 

• LOL 5
22 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I instantly thought of Timothy's rant when I saw MIL to be in her jeans(which she looked great and good for her!). I truly hope he is learning more and more each day, what an evil woman his mother is.

I've been thinking about the lack of Jill interfering with their engagement and wedding plans. Would this maybe be "normal" in their land, when it's the son getting married? I wondered if they only get involved(and overbearing in Jill's case)when it is the daughter getting married.

I'm hoping it is more that Tim and Heidi(and her family)don't want Jill anywhere near them or their wedding plans. I also hope it is like this when they have their first child.

• Like 19
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Came back to add for the average person posting in a forum or on other SM, their less than grammatically correct posts may be due to laziness, distraction, 'text speak' or whatever.

My poor spelling here and in texting is a combination of laziness, lack of proof reading and that I am not always wearing my glasses. 😂 For the record I have to stop and think every damn time for correct spelling of tomorrow, though I have read, written and typed it a million times.

Jill seems to be trying to set up Kaylee as some sort of influencer in this old dying world, so the standard for her should be at least correct spelling on whatever biblical thing she is spouting as the highest standard for you live by and praising mama for raising her be so godly. I noted on Kaylee's list of things she was "thankful" for, a solid education was not among the things listed.

• Like 8
  • LOL 7
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I noted on Kaylee's list of things she was "thankful" for, a solid education was not among the things listed.

That last line cracked me up! But then, when I thought about it, Kaylee probably does think that she has an excellent education, thanks to Mahmo. 🙄

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

That last line cracked me up! But then, when I thought about it, Kaylee probably does think that she has an excellent education, thanks to Mahmo. 🙄

Right? It would be something like

May we be "thankful" we were taught at home by mama (who in all things glorifies god) and were not exposed to the evil, sinful public schools  rather than saying we learned math, science, geography and met friends our own age.

• Like 13
Just now, crazy8s said:

Right? It would be something like

May we be "thankful" we were taught at home by mama (who in all things glorifies god) and were not exposed to the evil, sinful public schools  rather than saying we learned math, science, geography and met friends our own age.

Not enough commas. ✔️

• Like 3
  • LOL 17
2 hours ago, Madtown said:

I instantly thought of Timothy's rant when I saw MIL to be in her jeans(which she looked great and good for her!). I truly hope he is learning more and more each day, what an evil woman his mother is.

I've been thinking about the lack of Jill interfering with their engagement and wedding plans. Would this maybe be "normal" in their land, when it's the son getting married? I wondered if they only get involved(and overbearing in Jill's case)when it is the daughter getting married.

I'm hoping it is more that Tim and Heidi(and her family)don't want Jill anywhere near them or their wedding plans. I also hope it is like this when they have their first child.

It's probably true, just as in mainstream culture, that the bride's family tends to have greater input into the wedding plans, but even so, Jill's relative silence kind of makes me feel that she is being somewhat relegated to the back burner. Her natural way of dealing with pretty much everything as far as we have seen, is to take charge and wail long and loud about satanic influences when things are not aligned with her standards. 

My thinking is that somehow, something has either been said outright, or that Jill has somehow managed to come to the unaided conclusion that her interference might jeopardize Tim's courtship. Which doesn't really add up, given everything we have learned about her thus far. 

My other thought is that since there has got to be some simmering disapproval of Heidi's family on Mahmo's side, and given that Timmy is likely in the throes of feelings unlike any he has had to deal with thus far, it just might be possible that those feelings might lead him to be more accepting of whatever "fundie light" philosophies he might be picking up from the family of his beloved. 

It may not add up to anything like clearer thinking, but it might be a step toward breaking loose of the Rod family cult.

• Like 15
5 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Jill's relative silence kind of makes me feel that she is being somewhat relegated to the back burner. Her natural way of dealing with pretty much everything as far as we have seen, is to take charge and wail long and loud about satanic influences when things are not aligned with her standards. 

My thinking is that somehow, something has either been said outright, or that Jill has somehow managed to come to the unaided conclusion that her interference might jeopardize Tim's courtship. Which doesn't really add up, given everything we have learned about her thus far. 

It wouldn't surprise me if she's furious he seems more in with that family now, and she's tried to sabotage it only to get ignored. If so, I can see her silently fuming while the hamster wheel in her head furiously spins and plots her next move. 

• Like 18
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, Salvo One was fired with Kaylee's screed about what wonderful parents they have. I am sure Jill nudged her in some way to produce it.

Yeah I'm sure she's rallying the troops, such as they are. I'm guessing the pressure just firmly pushes him in his future in-laws' arms. 

• Like 14
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It certainly looks that way. I wonder if Tim is beginning to regret his incel rants on YouTube. Especially the ones about women's clothing. 

If he does regret them he should take them down.

• Like 3
  • Applause 16

It looks like mixed coffee with something and whipped milk or whipped cream??

I am guessing 

22 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Any idea what the drinks were? They looked gross.

3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

She'll show up to the wedding with a brace or a big bandage and an elaborate story about a horse knocking her over her while she was carrying smiley tracts and freshly baked bread to her Amish neighbors.  

This is cracking me up! 😂😂😂

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4

I still wonder who put their foot down to Jill in regards to Tim. I don't see it being Tim. I think it was Heidi's mother who first started it and that gave Tim the confidence to do it himself. It's interesting though. Jill must be furious that one of her kids broke from her brainwash. She never thought that would happen. She managed to steamroll her two son-in-laws. As it should be in her mind. I still feel bad for Heidi. Jill was always going to treat her horrible since she should still be number 1 in Tim's life but this will make her even worse to Heidi.

• Like 11
  • Sad 7