Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

It's like the bunch of them are trying to see how quickly they can kill a tiny baby and his exhausted mother. These people together don't have the common sense of a tomato.

All of this is Jill's idea since they're doing the stuff she loves, and her son-in-laws [sic!] are there to pay. Dave must want to show off his ugly new patriotic bowling shirt, another vacation purchase, I suppose. 

I know it won't happen, but Jonathan should just hand Jill a wad of money and take his little family home to rest. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

image.thumb.png.89f4642f1e7f11d9bd8e5ef55235c4d6.png

Thank you. At a minimum N&J spent $252, or as much as $360. BME most likely demanded premium seating. Do you know how many diapers they could buy with that money? Or clothes for the ever growing babies? Or groceries to properly feed their family? J&D are so vile, not caring about taking food out of their children’s and grandchildren’s mouth. Add dinner at the good Olive Garden to the tab. 🤬

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 11
36 minutes ago, SMama said:

Thank you. At a minimum N&J spent $252, or as much as $360. BME most likely demanded premium seating. Do you know how many diapers they could buy with that money? Or clothes for the ever growing babies? Or groceries to properly feed their family? J&D are so vile, not caring about taking food out of their children’s and grandchildren’s mouth. Add dinner at the good Olive Garden to the tab. 🤬

They don't give two s---s about all of that, God will provide. 

• Sad 9

I wonder how much of this is a situation where Jill comments, out of the blue, something like "Mrs. Jones saw the show at the Ohio Barn Theatre and said it was delightful!"  Then, if no one takes the bait, she continues with "Me and Paw have been working SEVERELY hard lately!  Dinner and a show is just what we need!"  Meanwhile, Nathan and Jonathan exchange frantic glances across the map room, sneaking looks at their phones to check their bank balances before one of them pipes up and says, "Let's go!  On me!"

In all seriousness, I feel like Jill is the human version of a tropical disturbance that slowly forms into a hurricane, and giving her what she wants is the far better solution than ignoring her demands, no matter how unreasonable (exhibit 267: taking a premature infant to a crowded theatre).

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 20

I wonder if they planned the trip and bought the tickets before the baby was born, assuming he'd be full term?  That would be bad enough, since poor Kaylee would be truly uncomfortable trying to sit through a show being hugely pregnant, but I can definitely see Jill saying "Well, we [i.e. one or both sons-in-law] bought the tickets, it would be a shame to have them go to waste!" and drag Kaylee and Jonathan there anyway because otherwise it would ruin Jill's perfectly planned Instagram-worthy night at the theater!

Edited by Fosca
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I wonder if they planned the trip and bought the tickets before the baby was born, assuming he'd be full term?  That would be bad enough, since poor Kaylee would be truly uncomfortable trying to sit through a show being hugely pregnant, but I can definitely see Jill saying "Well, we [i.e. one or both sons-in-law] bought the tickets, it would be a shame to have them go to waste!" and drag Kaylee and Jonathan there anyway because otherwise it would ruin Jill's perfectly planned Instagram-worthy night at the theater!

Maybe, but why not take two of the older children instead? Or Renee and MM? 

• Like 15

Because they had planned to take the marrieds, and by God nothing will change Jill's plan!  After all, they were available, and since the theatre likely didn't charge for an infant-in-arms, why not take the extremely fragile premature baby?  Inside the uterus, outside the uterus, no difference!

• Like 4
  • Sad 10
30 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Because they had planned to take the marrieds, and by God nothing will change Jill's plan!  After all, they were available, and since the theatre likely didn't charge for an infant-in-arms, why not take the extremely fragile premature baby?  Inside the uterus, outside the uterus, no difference!

Plus people could ooh and aah over her being too young to be a grandmother. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I know it won't happen, but Jonathan should just hand Jill a wad of money and take his little family home to rest. 

I don't think she'd mind that at all because then she and Hunk could have a "romantic" date night at the good OG and she could post about how much in looooove they are and how every woman on earth envies her perfect marriage. God is Good!

• LOL 12
53 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Thankfully for Kaylee, some sort of Plexus Gold convention is being held in Texas in October. She will be spared BME and likely DBD as they take another non-annual vacation. 

God is good! 👍

Oh Lordy, the cowboy boots and cowboy bonnets will be back. And fringe.

image.png.be0371b75f899e005a6f85fd35f4c32d.png

• LOL 20
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR's pink hat and white boots will finish off this lovely outfit. 🤣🤠

image.png.7646e3c0484a7a5d381a42af9c564375.png

That skirt needs to be tightened up, how else will we know how thin JillyBean is? Plus won’t she need a whole new outfit now that she’s senior gold? 

• LOL 11
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

That skirt needs to be tightened up, how else will we know how thin JillyBean is? Plus won’t she need a whole new outfit now that she’s senior gold? 

And new boots and a new cowboy hat..... and jewelry, she needs new stuff. 

• LOL 9

I think the Barbie-pink spandex dress and the double-padded bra will make another appearance. Jill is certain she looks eighteen and amazingly hot in that outfit. Why take a chance on new clothing that might not be as effective?

She might as well add the white plastic boots and the pink cowgirl hat. In her normally dreary life, she has no other use for either one. 

Fear not, Jillybean and Hunkypoo will shop and dine in Texas until they spend their last dime. Then, as we know, the stink van will break down again or a kitchen appliance will stop working. Satan just hates to see Jill happy. 

• LOL 16

C'mon, Jill has to show everyone how STRONG and HEALTHY Gideon is. I'm sure even if Jonathon and Kaylee didn't want to go, MAHMO let Kaylee know that birthin' babies is easy and we women folk must get right back up on our feet and get back to daily livin'!

It is so incredibly sad that none of these girls have a backbone and it's even more ridiculous that these fuckwads think it's fine to bring a preemie out to some play and be surrounded by a million germs!

• Like 13
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Madtown said:

C'mon, Jill has to show everyone how STRONG and HEALTHY Gideon is. I'm sure even if Jonathon and Kaylee didn't want to go, MAHMO let Kaylee know that birthin' babies is easy and we women folk must get right back up on our feet and get back to daily livin'!

It is so incredibly sad that none of these girls have a backbone and it's even more ridiculous that these fuckwads think it's fine to bring a preemie out to some play and be surrounded by a million germs!

I believe taking a newborn out like they do is part of the blanket training. Teach them to be quiet and not fuss asap. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Sad 8
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I honestly believe taking a newborn out like they do is part of the blanket training. Teach them to be quiet and not fuss asap. 

Which is even more ridiculous. Wait till she's pregnant again in 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
8 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Which is even more ridiculous. Wait till she's pregnant again in 6 months.

Then they just bring along the next one, by the time Gideon is a year old, all fight will be gone. 

• Sad 9

367FCA71-FF90-4C89-84E0-47535DB01F98.jpeg

I love that we are in that part of summer where we don't have to buy vegetables when we go grocery shopping!  We just go pick our vegetables from our garden.  😁  Look as this massively L-O-N-G cucumber Tessie picked from our garden!  🥒 It was longer then Gideon!  🥰💚

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

Someone needs to explain to Jill about cucumbers -- but she probably already knows and is doing it on purpose.   

10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

8F49AE3A-4EB1-48C7-AE56-64BFE382512A.jpeg

Of course DBD is her biggest cheerleader at her making money.   It means he doesn't have to work if she is (forget their rules, DBD is never going to be the supporter of the family).

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Don’t we all put a lamp with a cloth shade next to multiple toasters?  

Or put toasters under a window? One little breeze and toast embers can light the lamp and anything else in their path.

Never mind the tiny pesky no-see-ems that could be dropping in the toasters.

Came back to say, maybe their toasters are their bug zappers. 🦟 🤪

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I love that we are in that part of summer where we don't have to buy vegetables when we go grocery shopping!  We just go pick our vegetables from our garden.  😁  Look as this massively L-O-N-G cucumber Tessie picked from our garden!  🥒 It was longer then Gideon!  🥰💚

Do they ever buy vegetables when they go grocery shopping? In fact, how often do they even go grocery shopping? 

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Jill is the human version of a tropical disturbance that slowly forms into a hurricane, and giving her what she wants is the far better solution than ignoring her demands, no matter how unreasonable (exhibit 267: taking a premature infant to a crowded theatre).

This is 100% spot on. I grew up with someone who had similar behavior -  although not as extreme as JillRs and she wasn't hateful, just stubborn. That was bad enough. Later, in our adult lives, she described herself as just like a little bulldozer who kept on going over all obstacles until she got what she wanted; she seemed to think that was cute. And I was one of those obstacles. Sigh. 

16 hours ago, Absolom said:

It's just like dealing with a toddler.  You have to cross them and live through the following mess a couple times and then they get the message their tricks don't work on you.  MIL was a master at all the manipulation and then her son married me....

Manipulator meet brick wall, rug jerker, and bridge burner and could turn deaf in a nanosecond.  

Her brother told me if we had the wedding of our choice, he would disrupt it.  I smiled and said who said you were going to be invited?  He never apologized and was not invited.  You have to play hard ball.  

I hope beyond measure that one of Jill's offspring marries someone like me.  It would be such a pleasure to see her countered at every turn.  

You are so badass - and I love that!

I wonder if Renee's Mystery Man is our first known example of a potential spouse for a Rod kid, who's stood up to JillR's antics. And may, for all we know, have gotten a good look at all the family dynamics - and skedaddled.

I don't think he'll be the only one. Even the in-laws, the Kellers and Hills, don't seem to be big Rod fans. I can't believe that the Hills' thorough scrubbing of their online presence shortly after the engagement was announced, was coincidental. Ma and Pa Keller don't seem to have gone out of their way to hang out with David and Jill, and IIRC we haven't seen much if any of them on JIllR's SM for a long time. I mean, they are all part of the IFB world and aren't likely to denounce their bros and sisters in Christ, but I sense a drawing in of their skirts as the Rods pass by. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1

What do you supposed "Gold School" is all about?  What else could it be except sitting down all those pathetic Goldies and berating them for not making it to Ruby?  I'll betcha there's a "Ruby School" that teaches the Rubies how to become Emerald, or whatever is next.  And I'll bet it goes for the low, low price of only $799.99, not including room, board, flights, food or study guides.

But maybe attendees receive a fancy new fanny pack to take home, so that's a plus.

• Like 4
  • LOL 18
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What do you supposed "Gold School" is all about?  What else could it be except sitting down all those pathetic Goldies and berating them for not making it to Ruby? 

I agree. Even if they do it online and don't charge much for it, it has to be some combination of rah-rah cheerleading encouragement and shaming them for their shortcomings. With handy ways to order more inventory on the spot to show their commitment. 

Imagine how awful it could be if you're targeted by JillR as a potential Plexus customer/downline. I'm sure she'd be texting you constantly, at a minimum. At least you can block numbers - and I'd bet a hot dinner that plenty of people have blocked JillR. 

• Like 11

Thanks @oliviabenson for the info on the "Gold School."

So, you're eligible to go when you've newly arrived at Gold or Senior Gold status.

Okay, I haven't paid close attention to JillR's Plexus shenanigans. But, didn't she hit Gold level quite awhile ago? Did she attend Gold School then? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that now she's moved up a notch to "Senior Gold" - so that's another "opportunity" to go to Gold School. I wonder how much pressure the company puts on their huns to attend those "schools." It must be expensive, especially in relation to the slim pickings that constitutes their compensation at those levels. 

I also wonder if David noped the Gold School idea if it was offered to Jill before now, on the grounds of (a) expense, (b) conflict with their scheduled church gigs, or (c) both. 

Edited by Jeeves
Punctuation.
  • Like 9
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I also wonder if David noped the Gold School idea if it was offered to Jill before now, on the grounds of (a) expense, (b) conflict with their scheduled church gigs or (c) both. 

Hahahahahahaha.   Oh no, he would be all for it.   A "vacation" from pretending to run the print shop.   He can sleep all day while Jill is at "classes."   Then he gets to eat real food at new places.   no kids around looking waif like from starvation while he fills up.   He's just as bad as she is.   

But yeah this "school" is lessons on how to spend more on plexus to make the founders more money.   You notice Brand Ambassadors are expected to be there too.    I bet they get shamed if they don't show up to "encourage" their Gold people to become Ruby.   

• Like 14