Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill, the reason you and the girls are “best friends” is twofold:

1. You have no friends. Nobody who is not related to you can only stand you for a short while before moving on and

2. You have not allowed your children to associate with people their own age unless they are related to them or you are marrying them off to another like-minded cult member. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I don't know any mother with 10+ kids living at home who has the time to take a zillion photos of herself and fancy them up using the Malibu Barbie filter, block all the haters, read online forums and then post pictures trying to prove them wrong, keep her roots dyed, her hair in extensions, her nails painted, and her makeup always fresh for when Hunk snorts himself awake from the recliner.

Of course, it's not like she's actually taking care of her kids, so.....yeah.

Snorts himself awake sent me 🤣

• LOL 15

Rumor on Reddit has it that Heidi has vamoosed.  Her dad doesn't think Timmay is financially able to marry his daughter.

Not a word about Renee's MM lately.  Mahmo must have scared him away.

Poor Renee.  Will she ever semi-escape Jilly's clutches?  No one yet has lived without Jill's interference into everything.  

Rumor on Reddit has it that Heidi has vamoosed.  Her dad doesn't think Timmay is financially able to marry his daughter.

Poor Renee.  Will she ever semi-escape Jilly's clutches?  No one yet has lived without Jill's interference into everything.  

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 5
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

If Heidi has indeed vamoosed, I wonder if Ellen would stay in Jill's downline. That's something to observe. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 7
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill was all about her little storm that knocked down a sign in her yard, but has she recently mentioned Hawaii?

Jill would have mentioned Hawaii if she had won the Plexus Hawaiian cruise. Apparently, she didn't, so she has no reason to think about Hawaii and the people there. 

• Like 12
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Why would the dad let it get this far? Nothing has changed since they started dating, other than Tim buying that sad excuse of a house.

Maybe Tim lost his full time job? I can't imagine he is supporting himself cleaning gutters. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Quoting myself here.  The poster said it was a theory and prompted Mahmo's post about her manly sons.  Oops!  Maybe she's still around, but where?

• Like 1

The post was in my Reddit morning feed.  I guess I hadn't had my coffee yet, sorry. 

Odd that MIL to be hasn't mentioned Heidi lately, though.  

Those "mommy and me" dresses are very weird.  As a kid, we had a neighborhood store that sold penny candy (yes, I'm that old.)  The owners had adult twin daughters (30ish) that still dressed alike, which I had never seen before.  Still, their mother never wore the same things that the twins did.  Jill still thinks of herself as a 20 year old.  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill would have mentioned Hawaii if she had won the Plexus Hawaiian cruise. Apparently, she didn't, so she has no reason to think about Hawaii and the people there. 

So so so true.   She's not going so who cares the place is burning.   Because you know caring about others is no where to be found anywhere inthe KJV.

Oh I hope the rumor about Heidi is true.   None of the Rods are set up to support a spouse.  Tim playing around with whatever his current business  iswhile yearning to be a pilot will never be enough to support  a wife.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I would not be surprised if MM left after having his picture posted (with his face covered) after he asked not to have any pictures.  He was pretty specific that he did NOT want to be on social media.  Maybe he realized that having BME as a mother-in-law was forever, and he was wise enough to know she would cause problems with the marriage.

I do feel so sorry for Renee, however.  She must be feeling the walls closing in.

As far as Tim and Heidi, I'm wondering if Tim lost his job because mommy had other plans for his time.  Will he be able to live alone in his house, or will a brother or two have to live with him?

Those poor kids (actually adults).

• Like 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Tim is still featured on Heidi's FB page.

And she's still on Timmy's page too. 

I don't think she's gone. Jill had a lack of object permanance. If someone is not in her life at the moment, she forgets about them. When both Nurie (and Kaylee) were couring and engaged, she would go long periods of time without mentioning Nathan and Jonathan. Neither of them lived close so they weren't there day to day. People speculated that the engagements were over because Jill hadn't mentioned them. Clearly they weren't. I think the same is happening with Heidi. She doesn't live close and probably hasn't visited in a while. As soon as she visits again, Jill will love bomb her and post about it. 

Renee's mystery man is a different story because she actually scrubbed the posts about the courtship and his emoji pictures off her facebook. She missed one post about her "soon to be son-in-law" but the actual posts and videos about the courtship were removed. So either it's over or he enforced his rules about staying anonymous. Personally I think it's over, but time will tell I guess. 

Edited by all fall down
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1

I just had a thought.  Is the timing interesting that this rumor about a Tim and Heidi breakup is going around at the same time Jill posted the picture of her sons stating that they are red-blooded and not sissies? That seemed like an out-of-the-blue post with no known reference.  I wish Jill had mentioned if there was any reason for that post.

And maybe the two things have no connection.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Those "mommy and me" dresses are very weird.  As a kid, we had a neighborhood store that sold penny candy (yes, I'm that old.)  The owners had adult twin daughters (30ish) that still dressed alike, which I had never seen before.  Still, their mother never wore the same things that the twins did.  Jill still thinks of herself as a 20 year old.  

My Mom did “mommy & me” outfits with my sister and I in the late 80s/early 90s which were all the rage. Those that frequent the small talk thread know of the joke that every time I buy an accessory (purse, wallet, Lulemon belt bag) she wants one too as if we were the Bobbsey Twins (but I always misspell it Boppsey🤣)

As a grown ass adult, I think family matching for events/a gimmick (like a theme park or vacation) can be cute, what makes Jill insufferable is that she actually does think she’s the peer of her daughters and wants ALL the attention. It’s not about her looking like THEM but them looking like HER- because she’s self centered and annoying. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

I find her filtering and poor cropping creepy. Doesn’t she believe god made us how “we’re supposed to be”? ( includes a different topic which I will not include).

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I find her filtering and poor cropping creepy. Doesn’t she believe god made us how “we’re supposed to be”? ( includes a different topic which I will not include).

I think Jill's last (or was it second to last?) rant proves she doesn't believe that at all. Good Christian women are carefully coiffed (and have spermbrows). The rest of us prove we hate Jebus by being "messy" and wearing pyjamas (I assume in public). I'd think God has more important things to worry about than my hair colour or makeup choices, but I'm not as #blessed as Jilldo, so what do I know?

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
48 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

My Mom did “mommy & me” outfits with my sister and I in the late 80s/early 90s which were all the rage. Those that frequent the small talk thread know of the joke that every time I buy an accessory (purse, wallet, Lulemon belt bag) she wants one too as if we were the Bobbsey Twins (but I always misspell it Boppsey🤣)

As a grown ass adult, I think family matching for events/a gimmick (like a theme park or vacation) can be cute, what makes Jill insufferable is that she actually does think she’s the peer of her daughters and wants ALL the attention. It’s not about her looking like THEM but them looking like HER- because she’s self centered and annoying. 

When I was little my mom would sew a dress for herself and using the same material, one for me. The styles were a bit different, mine being for a little girl and her's an adult.  I was probably around 3 to 5. She didn't do that as I got older! 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I get that.  I'm apt to hate anything JillRod does, so it kind of looked weird to me.  Your last sentence said it all!  🙂

• Like 4
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why would the dad let it get this far? Nothing has changed since they started dating, other than Tim buying that sad excuse of a house.

They’ve never been engaged, so better to end it before that comes up?

4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Maybe Tim lost his full time job? I can't imagine he is supporting himself cleaning gutters. 

What full time job?

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

So so so true.   She's not going so who cares the place is burning.   Because you know caring about others is no where to be found anywhere inthe KJV.

Oh I hope the rumor about Heidi is true.   None of the Rods are set up to support a spouse.  Tim playing around with whatever his current business  iswhile yearning to be a pilot will never be enough to support  a wife.  

Especially not when she’d likely be pregnant within a couple months of the wedding 

• Like 2

Does Newmie just not exist for Jilldo? I guess he's the lucky one.

Also, is that Kaylee or Renee (second from the right) in the MOST immodest pose? I must retire forthwith to my fainting couch and pray to the good Lord Daniel that no one is defrauded by all those (whispers) leg outlines. 

(Obvious sarcasm, that's what happens on the swings. It's just funny because isn't the pants issue that people (men) can see the general location of your crotch?)

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 7
  • LOL 3

How long did Jill's "look at me; I look just like my daughters" photo opportunity go on? Kaylee is breastfeeding and Nurie may be as well. Those dresses and the fortified bras under them would make the process very, very difficult. 

Oh, well. Jill's happy, and that's all that matters. 

• Like 12

Looking at them on those swings, I can understand why that man asked if they were in a cult. I’m sure he wouldn’t look twice at someone with blue hair or “nasty, ugly” piercings, but Jill and her giant brood with their matching long dresses and identical long hair do resemble a polygamous cult of sister wives (not you, Jill). Granted, it’s not nice to assume and it was at most, an impolite question, but no more impolite than shoving religious pamphlets at strangers or any of the other rude things she does.

• Like 17
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshots from videos:

On the swings, nothing but giggles.

Janessa and Nehemiah were a tragedy waiting to happen. 

97499726-6070-49DD-90FF-3630A29C6941.jpeg

D37150CA-5C94-48FB-AB0D-A23C44B35DE4.jpeg

.(and Newman)

DBA17A28-F9F9-4838-8919-FB0F9728A888.jpeg

I am absolutely furious after watching the video of Janessa with Nemo.  WTF is wrong with these morons, allowing that kid to treat a toddler like that?!?!? 

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 2

Nemo and Newmie have a lot of interesting aunts and uncles, not all of them on Nurie's side. There's Aunt Prissy and Uncle Pecan Waller, Aunt Anna and Uncle Inmate Duggar, Aunt Esther and Uncle Jungle John Shrader, and Aunt "The Rodrigueses Will Never Stay in My Beach House Again!" York or Bridges(?).

The apples on the family tree fall in all directions.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 21
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

WTF is wrong with these morons, allowing that kid to treat a toddler like that?!?!? 

The problem is that Jill is a moron and her adult children are so terrified of her that they are unable to tell her "no". If Mahmo says "Let Janessa hold Nemo and play with him!", Nurie doesn't dare say "No, she's not old enough" or "No, she's too rough with him."

• Like 5
  • Sad 12
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So Jill pushes Plexus, a lying liar company? I’m shocked, lol.

2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Looking at them on those swings, I can understand why that man asked if they were in a cult. I’m sure he wouldn’t look twice at someone with blue hair or “nasty, ugly” piercings, but Jill and her giant brood with their matching long dresses and identical long hair do resemble a polygamous cult of sister wives (not you, Jill). Granted, it’s not nice to assume and it was at most, an impolite question, but no more impolite than shoving religious pamphlets at strangers or any of the other rude things she does.

It wouldn’t be a surprise to find out the “gruff” man merely asked Jill if they were some sort of group since they were dressed alike. And since she always feels persecuted, she immediately heard cult. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
On 8/9/2023 at 4:01 PM, Natalie68 said:

I know there is makeup smeared under her eyes but she also is rocking some serious dark circles.  

At least that suggests that the hollowed, sickly grey circles the kids have may be in part hereditary and not exclusively due to deprivation of food and sleep. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Except that never happened. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
34 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

At least that suggests that the hollowed, sickly grey circles the kids have may be in part hereditary and not exclusively due to deprivation of food and sleep. 

Or they are all sleep deprived, including Jill.  Just because you are too hopped up on Plexus to sleep doesn't mean your body doesn't need sleep.   Jill might eat a LOT but she doesn't eat well.   So the dark circles may in fact be a family trait --due to the same causes of not giving a damn about eating right and getting enough sleep.

Nurie at least should be under her husband's headship.   She lives far enough away to understand what life is like without daily exposure to Jill's craziness and want to continue that.    Her husband should be asserting his headshp and saying no.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I believe there was a gruff old man about as much as I believe there was a trans woman in the iHop bathroom that scared JRod so bad she ran out without washing her hands.

I would bet good money that JRod had to get that ugly dress in the same size as her "girlies" .  That's why she looks like a stuffed sausage in the thing.  Also, the material on those dresses must be paper thin.  

And Timbits looks disturbing enough without her photoshop fail of removing a piece of his head.  That's the stuff of nightmares.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

It really is terrifying to imagine what goes on in Jillybean's batshit crazy head.  Does she really think that God is OK with her lying lies?  These stories of hers are something else, indeed.

Poor, poor persecuted Jilly.  🙄

• Like 6
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

How long did Jill's "look at me; I look just like my daughters" photo opportunity go on? Kaylee is breastfeeding and Nurie may be as well. Those dresses and the fortified bras under them would make the process very, very difficult. 

Oh, well. Jill's happy, and that's all that matters. 

Maybe she would like it if they pulled the top down or lifted the dress up to breastfeed? Jill you moron, they can't wear those dresses! 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I believe there was a gruff old man about as much as I believe there was a trans woman in the iHop bathroom that scared JRod so bad she ran out without washing her hands.

Another classic - Jill has toddler kid of the week with her at walmart and random stranger's first question to Jill supposedly was "what preschool do you send her to?"

Which was the opening for a Jill rant on "modern" parents who all ship their children off to preschool, the evils of public school, etc.

• Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 9

Is the Rods' vacation over yet? I hope so. Everyone has had enough. The only people having fun are Jill and Janessa. 

And by the time the Rods are done with that airbnb, even the stuffed dog will have found a way to get out. Snuggles should have followed. 

• LOL 6
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Another classic - Jill has toddler kid of the week with her at walmart and random stranger's first question to Jill supposedly was "what preschool do you send her to?"

Which was the opening for a Jill rant on "modern" parents who all ship their children off to preschool, the evils of public school, etc.

So some stranger asked a random mom what preschool their kid goes to, right out of the gate? Because Jill's youngest are 5 & 8, so beyond preschool. One would think there'd be some preamble prior to that question. Like, "oh are you school shopping too" or "how old is your little one, mine is 4 and so ready for preschool". Not, "oh wow, so glad this cereal is on sale, what preschool is your kid going to".

• Like 5

Jill has more random strangers quizzing her or commenting on her than a celebrity. But this all happens in JillR’s mind and is usually in response to some slight she has blown into  persecution. 

• Like 20
  • Love 1

How would Jill know what goes on in any preschool or school, public or private?   She’s never been to either.    Most schools are too busy trying to teach actual education.  They don’t have the time to corrupt kids, regardless of what conspiracy minded people think.   Yes, kids talk to other kids from all walks of life there.  Isn’t that what Jill says she does when she talk to people about religion? 

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

So some stranger asked a random mom what preschool their kid goes to, right out of the gate? Because Jill's youngest are 5 & 8, so beyond preschool. One would think there'd be some preamble prior to that question. Like, "oh are you school shopping too" or "how old is your little one, mine is 4 and so ready for preschool". Not, "oh wow, so glad this cereal is on sale, what preschool is your kid going to".

Day care - not preschool.

Surely the guy asking about cable here was a Dish salesman in walmart with a deal to save her money by switching to Dish. And bahahaha what happened to no tv and cable Jill. You have 2 tv's in the dang RV on which you have shown the family watching fox news. 😂

"I was leisurely walking through Walmart and I was pushing my 4 year old Olivia in the cart.  A sales man stopped me and asked me what daycare I used for my daughter.  I responded that I took care of her and did not use a daycare.

“Oh, okay.”  he replied as he lifted his eyebrows in surprise.

I continued on with my shopping and was soon passing by that same area in the store again.  A different man this time stopped me and asked me how much we payed for our television service each month.  I promptly told him that we did not have any type of cable / TV service.

“Oh”,  his voice fell flat.

I walked on pondering in my mind at how unusual and odd I must have seemed to these men.  Our family’s decisions and ethics of living have unfortunately fallen in the minority of this world today.  To think that I could make it through each day without TV and just the mere fact that I am homeschooling NINE children right now with 4 teens in the house and one infant, one toddler, and one preschool age child “blows” the mind of most people.  Yet, to me, it is a way of life that brings nothing but reward after reward.  Yes, it is ONLY the power of God that makes us successful at anything we do, but it is also a determination to do right. ( 2Ch 34:31 And the king stood in his place, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul, to perform the words of the covenant which are written in this book.)"

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 23