Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, questionfear said:

Is philip wearing the hungarian flag on his lapel???

It sure looks like it. So he still plans on inflicting pain and suffering on the poor Hungarians? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
25 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I bet Phil paid for the baseball outing and bought his own cake too. 

That was my first thought.  You know Mahmo and deadbeat dad didn't spend their money on anyone but each other.  And even then Mahmo goes first.

• Like 6

So Jill loves Phillip’s “missions’ heart”.  What the heck is “missions’ heart”? His love for each and every mission? Like the missions in California? Oh, wait. It can’t be that because it’s not possessive… um… maybe it’s a restaurant named Mission’s ? (And owned by a family with the last name of Mission?). 

of course, she could love his missionary heart, but that might make sense and Jill rarely makes sense. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I bet Phil paid for the baseball outing and bought his own cake too. 

Thru out the season, the team puts a crap ton of coupons and offers out into the community.  When I worked there, we saw a lot of coupons roll in for free/50% tickets, lots of vouchers if you knew where to find them, etc.  No way they paid full price for a bleacher seat.  3 full price tickets? Nah, they'd buy 400-level tickets behind the right field foul pole.  

When someone came up and was a jerk about buying tickets (ex:  they're a fan of the visiting team and come up the day of the game and expecting/demanding $20 seats behind home plate - I also gently reminded them that tickets had been on sale for several months now and other people have also known about this lol), I would often tell them that "best available" was in section 519/520.  (those sections have since been turned into a terrace area). Those sections met at an angle and if I got the right seats, they folded down and the corners touched.  Very uncomfortable for two large, angry, Red Sox fans.  Be nice, fans.  It goes far :)

That said, I absolutely can NOT imagine Jillpm at the box office.  She 100% left tracts in the ticket pass-thru.  And any other flat surface.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Do we know what night they went to the game?  If it was Monday, I was there, too. If I had run into them on the concourse, I probably would've passed out cold and then had to explain to my sister who they were. That also explains why the Guardians lost that night.

If it was one of the night games this past week, bleacher seats are $24 apiece.  There was a day game yesterday and those seats are $17.  There is nowhere to park near Progressive Field for free.  Figure 20 bucks minimum for that, we paid $30 on Monday night for the lot we like.  We share season tickets with friends and go to about 15 games a year.

As noted above, there are lots of opportunities for discounted tickets.  My employer has a deal with the team and I can buy tickets through them for less.  A lot of schools, scouting groups, churches and other organizations will buy a block of tickets for group outings at a discount, too.

I'm surprised Jiilybean and Dave root for the Guardians.  They dropped the Washington football team like a hot potato when they changed their name from the Redskins to the Commanders.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 13
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)

It was still light out when they took pictures at the park, but that could have been before sundown. So, hard to tell exactly when they went. 

eta Blew up the game pic, and it looks like the road team is wearing blue. The Guardians just played the Royals (who wear blue) M-W, so pick a game, I guess. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The left fielder wore #1, so I’m going with the Royals. Glad you didn’t suffer an episode @Notabug! No clue what I’d do, as opposed to what I’d want to do if I ran into them.

They definitely played the Royals this week, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It sure looks like it. So he still plans on inflicting pain and suffering on the poor Hungarians? 

Thank goodness if he were to actually make it to Hungary, the people there wouldn’t understand him anyway!

• LOL 10

I think Phillip is in Jill's good graces right now because he has managed to last an entire year in Bible college and is going back for more. Jill thinks this reflects SEVERELY magnificently on her and her homeschooling. Phillip is giving Jill something she can take credit for. 

However, even as the Golden Child, Phil doesn't rate $100+ spent on his birthday, especially a twentieth birthday. He probably paid at least part of the cost. 

• Like 15
4 hours ago, Notabug said:

Do we know what night they went to the game?  If it was Monday, I was there, too. If I had run into them on the concourse, I probably would've passed out cold and then had to explain to my sister who they were. That also explains why the Guardians lost that night.

If it was one of the night games this past week, bleacher seats are $24 apiece.  There was a day game yesterday and those seats are $17.  There is nowhere to park near Progressive Field for free.  Figure 20 bucks minimum for that, we paid $30 on Monday night for the lot we like.  We share season tickets with friends and go to about 15 games a year.

As noted above, there are lots of opportunities for discounted tickets.  My employer has a deal with the team and I can buy tickets through them for less.  A lot of schools, scouting groups, churches and other organizations will buy a block of tickets for group outings at a discount, too.

I'm surprised Jiilybean and Dave root for the Guardians.  They dropped the Washington football team like a hot potato when they changed their name from the Redskins to the Commanders.

No charge for the chastity lecture to Philip or the “saving of souls” done at the ballpark.

• LOL 7
(edited)

It’s currently feels like 113 here a couple states west of them, probably not much cooler there that night and they were dressed in jeans and layers at a ball stadium.     Do they think heat stroke is a joke?  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

It’s currently feels like 113 here a couple states west of them, probably not much cooler there that night and they were dressed in jeans and layers at a ball stadium.     Do they think heat stroke is a joke?  

If it was the Wednesday game, it was upper 80's and humid in the afternoon.  The nights are just a bit cooler, low 80's.  When I went Monday, I wore long pants, lightweight cotton, not denim, and a tee shirt and I was fine.  Most people in shorts and tee shirts.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, Notabug said:

If it was the Wednesday game, it was upper 80's and humid in the afternoon.  The nights are just a bit cooler, low 80's.  When I went Monday, I wore long pants, lightweight cotton, not denim, and a tee shirt and I was fine.  Most people in shorts and tee shirts.

Jill wore that tight pencil denim maxi skirt. She had to be be miserable. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

FD3FDE2E-DCD2-4676-A240-31B0BCC30762.jpeg

FA7EFD07-CF74-4C25-941B-DFA98458DC9D.jpeg

Nathan & Nurie sent these pics to me for their 3rd wedding anniversary.  😊  Doesn't Nurie look lovely, yet modest?!  You see, you don't have to show off SKIN to look beautiful!   Don't cheapen yourself by following the worlds' philosophy in believing that it is your BODY you have to show off.  😢  

Let it be our countenance and femininity that glows.  It glorifies God and increases your value.  In fact, it is what God says......  Proverbs 31:10 "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life." 

Love you, Nurie!  ❤️

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 7
(edited)

So much to hate, so little time.

First, most pictures of couples I've seen are what would be considered modest.

Second, showing skin or wearing revealing clothing is a personal choice. Not a heathen choice. Not a less than choice. A choice - period.

And if a virtuous women means only living for and by your husband's wishes, count me out.

(And anyway, Jill hasn't even reached Ruby yet. Sorry, had too😁)

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 7
  • Applause 14
  • LOL 1

Nurie and Nathan sent a nice photo and Jill turned it into a modesty rant. Congratulations, on your anniversary, kids! 

10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

(And anyway, Jill hasn't even reached Ruby yet. Sorry, had too😁)

Priceless! Jill is stuck in the Plexus metals grouping--iron, I think.

The cruise contest is ending pretty soon, isn't it? Nurie was thoughtful enough to send pictures with a tropical background since Jill and Hunk aren't getting anywhere near Hawaii. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 11
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Nurie and Nathan sent a nice photo and Jill turned it into a modesty rant. Congratulations, on your anniversary, kids! 

Priceless! Jill is stuck in the Plexus metals grouping--iron, I think.

The cruise contest is ending pretty soon, isn't it? Nurie was thoughtful enough to send pictures with a tropical background since Jill and Hunk aren't getting anywhere near Hawaii. 

Jill is at gold level.

• Mind Blown 1

Hey! For once JillR has posted something that isn't about her.

Cryptic as that post is, I say that because:

• Jill is so not "educated" that she writes "persons" instead of the correct "person's."
  • Jill is so emotionally fragile that she's always bringing the dram-ah to social media. Praising or condemning. All the time. 

I wonder if she'll drop the name of this educated, emotionally strong person with the bulletproof mindset who's living in such holy alignment. 

Maybe it's Nurie?

🤣

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15

I see similar "family meals" posts on FB every once in a while. It always makes me chuckle. Who are these 2, 5, 7 and 10 year olds making their own meals and holing up in their bedrooms eating alone?

Yea, I get TVs, other screens and extracurricular activities can complicate things, but once again JillR has no idea how the rest of us live. I bet typical families have more at-the-table traditional family meals than the Rods do.

• Like 10
  • Applause 8

How can Jill watch the Waltons? Even in the first season of the waltons the girls wore pants and overalls and it seems like in one of the tent revival episodes the girls had sleeveless swimwear. Also, Jill's saintly christian eyes would "fall on the sight of alcohol" quite a few times. Daddy Walton was a staunch non church goer, etc.

Jill at the Guardians game would have been extra great if Carlin Bates would have been near them posing for her content pics in the short, white dress.😂

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

She can’t stop recording even when watching tv. Lol

family meals? Snorts. As if Jill ever feeds her kids on a regular basis.

FD30A728-EEBA-4F7E-B937-3284B90DDA17.jpeg

7FFAFA26-3D85-4D6C-8A26-D07D33C4F6C5.jpeg

466E915E-1790-47CF-8E78-8EBC332A29D9.jpeg

Jill - you do YOU and stop trying to control what others choose for themselves and THEIR families. Freedom!

• Like 6
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1

I always wonder why Jill doesn't proofread before she posts, but I also realize it won't help since she does not seem to have a grasp on common grammar.  And she is the "teacher".  Those poor kids.

• Like 3
  • Sad 13
(edited)
27 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I always wonder why Jill doesn't proofread before she posts, but I also realize it won't help since she does not seem to have a grasp on common grammar.  And she is the "teacher".  Those poor kids.

I bet she stole that from another source and was so giddy that she didn't notice the mistake. She totes saw that and related it to herself. 😂

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 9
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

She is madly in love with the Waltons right now. She must not know that grandpa and grandma Walton were both gay IRL. 

TIL that Grandpa and Grandma Walton were both gay IRL. I'm searching my feelings for outrage, but all I can find is a small "That's nice" before I go about the rest of my day.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

She is madly in love with the Waltons right now. She must not know that grandpa and grandma Walton were both gay IRL. 

And the actress who plays Mary Ellen has been a Scientologist since her teen years. 😂

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 3
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That knockoff Gunne Sax dress is a choice. 👎

Nurie, like her mother, lives in the past. Jill's past. 

The photos are nice, though. I wonder who has replaced Jill as photographer. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The picture of them sucking face was a bit... immodest. 😁

Oh, I just saw the two pictures posted on this site. I bet there are dozens of them.

I did notice Nathan's tight shirt and skinny, skinny pants. I guess his modesty rules are different. 

• LOL 16
12 hours ago, Trillium said:

Can she ever just post something without a side of “I’m so much better than all of you”?

Christians are supposed to be humble, Jillpm

No, she can’t. Even the posts about what a good parent Kaylee is b/c she breastfeeds and stays at the hospital sounded like that.  But I’m guessing she got an eyeful at the baseball game & decided to modesty rant. 

• Like 13
10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

She can’t stop recording even when watching tv. Lol

family meals? Snorts. As if Jill ever feeds her kids on a regular basis.

FD30A728-EEBA-4F7E-B937-3284B90DDA17.jpeg

7FFAFA26-3D85-4D6C-8A26-D07D33C4F6C5.jpeg

466E915E-1790-47CF-8E78-8EBC332A29D9.jpeg

When Jill talks about being too busy to notice the JOY of a family meal or gathering, I think she is talking about herself. She is always too BUSY filming while her FAMILY is enjoying the moment. 

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, smallfry said:

She is always too BUSY filming while her FAMILY is enjoying the moment. 

Hell her family can't even enjoy the moment, they have to perform on command.  Jill is too busy trying to either extol her own godliness or ranting about everyone else's lack thereof to ever just relax and enjoy.   Her family is always on eggshells wondering what will set Mama off to be able to relax and enjoy either.

Such sad, joyless lives this family leads.

• Like 6
  • Sad 10