Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, farmgal4 said:

You’re right about that but considering how emaciated Phillip was when he started going to the school, the staff members may have taken up a “Fatten Up Phillip Food Fund” and paid for Phillip’s meals out of their own pockets.

All that would have taken was one look at DBD's Phillip's belt. 😢

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 1

Reverse Charades is supposed to be a team works together to give clues and one person on their team tries to guess the answer.

from the video clips shown, I am not sure that is how the rods were playing it.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
35 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill has confirmed that her parents have moved back to their home in WV. 

I just saw a FB link elsewhere where she tells the world her mother is unable to use the toilet yet. I feel awful just typing that out and the woman isn't my mother. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 24

I don't know when this is from but it looks to be at least 10 years or more.  Tim looks so very young.  Jill looks so different and I think good.  All the children are dressed so well and look physically well compared to now.image.thumb.png.61bc1598cfcdeabfcd5e082cc6c8a383.png

Nurie from the same time.  Is that Renee? I don't know who the other woman is unless she the wife of Ron Hamilton who was in one of the other pictures.image.thumb.png.93b31569fc0365672c9bd4c15419ed91.png

• Sad 2

The picture is a screenshot from a video.

865B2F47-37D3-418A-8F61-0B2962208742.jpeg

Well, it has been a beautiful journey of having my parents live near / with us for the last 4 1/2 months along with traveling and helping out at the hospital and Rehab Center before that (when they were in Ohio).  😊🥰😉  But, my Dad knew he needed to get home to get back on a routine (on his own) with my Mom.  

While here, he was able to find a lot of equipment to help him successfully care for my Mom.  🥰  Before they left, I did the "works" on my Mom.  Manicure. Pedicure. Hair coloring and washing. Bath. Etc.  She kept saying, "Honey, you don't have to keep fussing on me, you're so busy.  Thank you, darling, for all your hard work. Jillie, you're so sweet."  All of her praise was music to my ears and I would bend down by her face, give her a hug and whisper in her ear, "It is my pleasure ENTIRELY!"  What a JOY to serve my parents in this special way!  💖 

So, it was with sad, yet understanding hearts, that we helped move them back home.  😢❤️  My sister Amy is glad to have them back. 😊💓 In the future, my Dad may even take trips to my other sisters' homes for visits and to receive their help with caring for my Mom.  We are all willing to help Daddy in whatever way he needs it with the care of our precious Mother.  ❤️ 

Ma is pleasant and sweet, but she is still not walking and her right side is shaky.  She still has not learned to use the toilet, either.  She seems to understand a lot, and we enjoy every morsel of fellowship we get with her.  But, for the most part, she is quiet. 

We miss the "old Ma".  😢  She was always so excited about all the new babies on the way and rejoiced at every milestone.  We miss her cards, notes, remembering birthdays, love and care.  But, we are thankful for what we still have.  🥰

Please pray for us all to run this journey well, and to cherish each moment.  My Dad has been a devoted and loving husband who is unfailingly committed to my Mom. 🥰  My parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this June.  We are so excited to all get together early July to celebrate this grand accomplishment!  🙌 

Thank you for all of your prayers and love along this heart wrenching journey!  😢 

Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."

1 Timothy 6:6 "But godliness with contentment is great gain."

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 1

Well, their leaving lightened Kaylee and Jonathan's load. I'm not sure Jill did much caretaking. I think they'll be better off back in their own home. They'll save money too. No more double/triple dates. 🙄

• Like 16
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't believe her mom said all of that. When Jill has shoved the camera in ma's face on many other occasions and all but begs her to say Hi, my has no uttered a word. The directions Jill and a few of the kids have been shown giving are those you would give a toddler.

I just don't think ma has improved to the point of lengthy sentences praising Jill.

Agree

• Like 23
  • Useful 1

So after 4 1/2 months Jill is done caring for/about MA forever. Sure sounds like Ma and Pa better rely on the other 3 daughters. 

JILL PM is out! She is done acting like she was being the caretaker! 
ma is not her concern anymore.

• Sad 10
25 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't believe her mom said all of that. When Jill has shoved the camera in ma's face on many other occasions and all but begs her to say Hi, my has not uttered a word. The directions Jill and a few of the kids have been shown giving are those you would give a toddler.

I just don't think ma has improved to the point of lengthy sentences praising Jill.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a "Wait, whaaa?" reaction to that, although Jill is also one of those people where, if she said it was raining, I would look out the window to check.

• Like 19

Jill is a lying sack of poo. Truly vile, disgusting person with no redeeming qualities.

So much for being a godly, Christian, modest woman. 

Dave better take notes on how Jill treats her MA. That’s how she will treat her hunk when he gets sick.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

How much plexus does Jill need to sell to fix her precious RV?

Enough to cause people to fill up their RV black tanks from coast to coast. 

Cue Cousin Eddie's famous scene: "Sh*tter's full!" 

• LOL 13
18 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

How much time has Jill even been home during those 4 1/2 months?  Shouldn't all of this praise go to Kaylee and Jonathon?

Well dontcha know that Jill deserves praise for leaving Ma and Pa with Kaylee and Jonathan so Kaylee can have the joy of serving others in a Godly way?  

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

Ma did not come through as a grifting target so shuffle her off to the Fosters. JillR sent her off with a mani, pedi etc. How much more is JillR supposed to do? It must be time for Sammers graduation and his big trip. Plus Jill and Shrek are due for one of their vacations without kids. No time for Ma and Pa.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill's drawing herself some thick eyebrows these days. I wonder how browless Nurie feels about that?

Jill's still got the sperms, though. It's ok. Nurie won't mind. 

Those sunglasses look exactly like the cheap ones I got at Kohl's. 

• LOL 7
6 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Jill's still got the sperms, though. It's ok. Nurie won't mind. 

Those sunglasses look exactly like the cheap ones I got at Kohl's. 

Try dollar store.... they aren't cheap at kohl's 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, beckie said:

EVERYTHING is about BME, even if she has to make it up. (And Kaylee) and Jonathan must be having a boy, or their gender reveal would be old news by now. 

I've gone back and forth on this one...I think she might get pissed if NotNurie has the first girl. That honor should be reserved for The Favored Daughter. I know she put out that story about (and Kaylee) WANTING the first granddaughter,  but I always thought that was bullshit to pit The Golden Child and NeverGoingtobeNurie against each other when Nurie found out she was having a second boy.

• Like 9
21 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait, how can a man and woman get away with wearing the SAME sunglasses? 

I thought God and Jesus have this whole thing about certain garments (which I can only assume include accessories) being reserved for men or women, exclusively.  How can a man and woman wear the same glasses without offending The Lort ?!??!  

I'm truly shaken by this!!   

I'm not sure purple shades adorned with rhinestones are specifically mentioned in the Bible as being something only a man or woman should wear.  But if I had to guess, I'm thinking their Jeebus would say that's woman stuff. Unless you're Prince, of course. But Dave ain't Prince!

Why is Dave allowed to wear LADY SUNGLASSES? It's an abomination!   

STONE HIM! 

Not enough money left over to buy his own pair of shades after Jill got her sunglasses, extensions, makeup, quarter-inch-thick acrylics, hoodie blouses, costume jewelry, new shoes, etc. etc. etc. That also explains the photo of David wearing Jill's leggings. He couldn't get new pants so he wore Jill's leggings instead. 

Edited by Heathen
Rephrase
  • Like 9
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup, David is giving off an Elton John vibe! 🏳️‍🌈

Which came first, Elton's glasses or Elton's 'gayness'? 😁🌈

Oh, Elton had the glasses AND the costumes YEARS before he came out (shocking no one). 😁

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait, how can a man and woman get away with wearing the SAME sunglasses? 

I thought God and Jesus have this whole thing about certain garments (which I can only assume include accessories) being reserved for men or women, exclusively.  How can a man and woman wear the same glasses without offending The Lort ?!??!  

I'm truly shaken by this!!   

I'm not sure purple shades adorned with rhinestones are specifically mentioned in the Bible as being something only a man or woman should wear.  But if I had to guess, I'm thinking their Jeebus would say that's woman stuff. Unless you're Prince, of course. But Dave ain't Prince!

Why is Dave allowed to wear LADY SUNGLASSES? It's an abomination!   

STONE HIM! 

I’m thinking David:

since he didn’t notice the hummingbird bird juice, leggings maybe he doesn’t notice it’s ladies sunglasses?

at least let’s hope he doesn’t wear Jill’s : amam and blessed Mimi hat…

• LOL 4

I hate to give David anything close to a pass. But. His infamous "leggings" were IIRC a pair of sweatpants he was shown wearing while sitting in a recliner during evening family Bible time. They fit his legs so tightly they've gone down in our snark annals as leggings.

IIRC someone found and posted the product info from Walmart. They were sweat pants with I think some kind of sports team theme. @BradandJanet has the correct info: they were streaky tie-die. They were in the men's clothing department, so Jesus would have approved of the choice. If not the fit. 

I remember the infamous leggings photo because IMO it showed him looking - kind of swollen and not healthy. I'm not fat-shaming here and not speculating that he has any dire disease. But he's middle aged and just doesn't come across in photos as looking particularly fit or vigorous, which one CAN be while overweight. Much as he's not someone I admire or would ever want to meet, I hope I'm wrong and he has many normally functioning years ahead of him.

If he pops his clogs anytime in the near future, his family will be SOL. No way Jill alone can run the Rods' family missionary operation, because preaching can only be done by a male. David's the official missionary - or "evangelist" -  and Jill's his helpmeet. So I assume they'd be dropped from the missionary clearinghouse like a hot rock if David dies. Bad as I think things can be for the Rods, it could get worse if David's not there.  

Edited by Jeeves
correct sweatpants info
  • Sad 11
10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

One of the Rod boys can step in Dave’s role as the preacher/missionary. 

or 

Jill will just move in with Nurie permanently and sell plexus forever. 

Phillip appears to have a two-semester Bible study certificate now, so he could qualify. However, since this is a family ministry, he would need a wife. A meek one will fit in best. 

There is a print shop in the Barndo. Has David trained any of the sons to take it over if he can't do it? If he's smart, he'll have the sons to do all the printing now so he can just watch sports on the map. 

If Jill moves in with Nurie, the poor girl will end up with banana curls and no eyebrows at all. 

11 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I hate to give David anything close to a pass. But. His infamous "leggings" were IIRC a pair of sweatpants he was shown wearing while sitting in a recliner during evening family Bible time. They fit his legs so tightly they've gone down in our snark annals as leggings.

IIRC someone found and posted the product info from Walmart. They were sweat pants with I think some kind of sports team theme. In the men's clothing department, so Jesus would have approved of the choice. If not the fit.  

David's famous leggings were white sweatpants with a streaky tie dye. I saw them in Walmart in the women's section, but I'm sure they were in the men's department too, just not in Dave's size. I didn't see a sports logo on them. I would be sad to see my favorite teams' names on those pants. Anyway, we've never seen Dave sweat, so just owning them is odd. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
28 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

David's famous leggings were white sweatpants with a streaky tie dye. I saw them in Walmart in the women's section, but I'm sure they were in the men's department too, just not in Dave's size. I didn't see a sports logo on them. I would be sad to see my favorite teams' names on those pants. Anyway, we've never seen Dave sweat, so just owning them is odd. 

Thanks. I stand corrected about the sweatpants deets. I wonder if they were a thrift store find. 

• LOL 5