Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I really hope that Nemo is just a naturally serious kind of kid and the arrival Newbie has got to be confusing for him, but if Nurthan is making to make their first kid as miserable and confused as he seems, what's life going to be like for number 8 or 9?

• Sad 16

Wonder how Jill got the names on those ugly stockings. I'm not sure anyone sews or embroiders in the family, so the names are probably painted on. Jill probably had the kids do it to count as a homeschool art class. 

Apparently, 'Murica-flag-wearing David doesn't care about buying USA-made stuff since shopping at the dollar store makes it easier for him to avoid the horror of having to work to support his family. 

• Like 3
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Is Renee the sole proprietor of the Sisters Etsy shop? 

Why does she look like she's losing her hair? Is she sick? 

Probably her hair has been fried by product and hot irons.

• Sad 5
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, SMama said:

Probably her hair has been fried by product and hot irons.

I think Jill has been perming Renee’s hair for years and that, along with heated hair tools, cheap Dollar Store hair products, backcombing, etc, has caused Renee’s hair to finally bite the dust. 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 15
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think Jill has been perming Renee’s hair for years and that, along with heated hair tools, cheap Dollar Store hair products, backcombing, etc, has caused Renee’s hair to finally bite the dust. 😢

Renee's hair has been lightened a few times too. Jill tried to make Renee a blonde around the time she turned 18.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 9

The screenshot makes Renee's hair look like the hair of someone with severe malnutrition. I suppose the bleaching, perming, teasing, and ironing could have the same effect. 

The school that graduated Jill and sent her out to mess with people's hair should rethink its program. Do no harm should apply to hairdressers too. 

• Sad 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Renee's hair has been lightened a few times too. Jill tried to make Renee a blonde around the time she turned 18.

Of course she did and just in time to advertise Renee to a GYM.

I will never forget when Nurie turned 18 and Jill did that photo shoot.  She had Nurie lie on the ground, chin in hand and butt thrust into the air.  In a pencil skirt. A godly advertisement to attract a proper GYM to a chaste obedient girl.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 15
1 minute ago, louannems said:

Of course she did and just in time to advertise Renee to a GYM.

I will never forget when Nurie turned 18 and Jill did that photo shoot.  She had Nurie lie on the ground, chin in hand and butt thrust into the air.  In a pencil skirt. A godly advertisement to attract a proper GYM to a chaste obedient girl.

What now??? I can pretend to be horrified but I’m not surprised. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, louannems said:

image.jpeg.d3885fcfde7d3648dc5cd0c4be48acf2.jpeg

Okay it’s not as bad i as I thought. Her buttocks isn’t in the air, she’s just laying on the ledge. But this picture is an “advertisement”. She looks really cute, and like something a group of teens/young ladies would take together for fun, to send to their friends/love interests. But Jill is so foul and hypocritical and uses her kids as personal dolls. 

This was what I pictured (I found something that wasn’t too racy). 

8E3DB067-4924-457E-B552-CF81704A876F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOL 17
40 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I see a pulled down mask but the others don't have on masks. Interesting. 

All of the Rod kids were holding a mask. Masks must be required to enter, but once they got to the room ma was shown sitting in, they took them off to "sing"  Ma was shown through an open door on the very far side of the room. The 2 caregivers in the room were both properly masked and looked to be standing guard so the horde did not get any closer to Ma.

I laughed when Jill panned the camera away from the horrid singing to show some empty chairs and a dried flower arrangement. 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:I laughed when Jill panned the camera away from the horrid singing to show some empty chairs and a dried flower arrangement. 😂

And the ceiling light fixture. The plus was, she stopped singing to do it.

Those were some long empty halls.

• LOL 8

Jill loves and backs the police, but no way, a Rodlet will ever wear a blue uniform. In fact, police officer, firefighter, nurse = three of the many professions the Rod kids will never have. 

Jill is such a hypocrite. Other people have jobs that serve the country, often at great personal sacrifice, but her kids are too precious to do anything except wait on BME and DBD and pump out a boatload of blessings they can't afford to feed. I'm sure batshit- crazy Jill does not agree with my viewpoint, but her kids are the ones who suffer, not mine. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 17
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill loves and backs the police, but no way, a Rodlet will ever wear a blue uniform. In fact, police officer, firefighter, nurse = three of the many professions the Rod kids will never have. 

Jill is such a hypocrite. Other people have jobs that serve the country, often at great personal sacrifice, but her kids are too precious to do anything except wait on BME and DBD and pump out a boatload of blessings they can't afford to feed. I'm sure batshit- crazy Jill does not agree with my viewpoint, but her kids are the ones who suffer, not mine. 

Jill’s offspring will never have a job in law enforcement or any career that requires a decent education.  She has stunted her children for the rest of their lives.

• Sad 17
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill’s offspring will never have a job in law enforcement or any career that requires a decent education.  She has stunted her children for the rest of their lives.

Mahmo I can’t read at a high school level or do algebra math!

• Sad 9
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

And not only her children but her grandchildren as well. If none of them escape the cult 

• Sad 10

Earlier today I took a look at the My Big Fat Fab. Life forum and read that Whitney Thore's mother died last week.  Unusual for her, Whitney wrote a sweet, loving tribute on IG, and didn't make it all about herself.   https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/08/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-barbara-babs-thore-dead-dies-whitney-way-thore-tlc/

She had a condition that leads to recurrent brain bleeds, and I was wondering if Ma Noyes might have a similar one.  If so, Ma Turtleneck might not be around for too many years.

Edited by sagittarius sue
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5
14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The Rod boys are so bow-legged.  That’s probably caused from malnutrition.

I always thought bow-legged ness was genetic. I know it can be exacerbated by rapid weight gain, but my Mom was bow-legged from childhood (no malnutrition or weight issues) and realized when she had her knees replaced it went away! 😝 My sister is bowlegged but I am not. 

I think often women are taught to be more aware of how they look so they stand in ways to hide it, if it bothers them, where boys/men are not (like the Rod boys). 

• Useful 5
33 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I always thought bow-legged ness was genetic. I know it can be exacerbated by rapid weight gain, but my Mom was bow-legged from childhood (no malnutrition or weight issues) and realized when she had her knees replaced it went away! 😝 My sister is bowlegged but I am not. 

This is very interesting. I had a friend in high school who had bowed legs, and her weight and diet were fine. 

I never thought of the cause being the knee joints, but that makes sense. I guess both knees would have to be replaced or the two legs might end up different lengths. 

ETA: David looks bowlegged, so that might be the genetic connection. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 2