Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I predict that Kaylee will beg BME to please, please, please renew her own vows for her 25th anniversary at Kaylee's wedding.  It will be a double ceremony!  Mama can go out and buy a brand new wedding dress,  Kaylee will wear Nurie's dress from the thrift shop.

not only beg, but "jump on" mama's fb page to post about how it is her dream come true for the special opportunity to share her day with mama.

• Like 7
  • Sad 12
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Jill and a couple of the daughters got new dresses for Nurie's wedding while Nurie wore an outdated, gifted gown with loose and missing beading.  I think the story was that someone gave Nurie the dress years before to save until her marriage. I wonder if Kaylee has a 1990's dress stashed away too. Jill, however, will need something new and special for herself.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 12
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Michelle's neckline was so high, she looked like it was choking her. 

Didn't someone else wear the same style of dress but in a different color? Maybe Jill could borrow that? 

I've seen it in reddish purple (can't think of the exact color), but I don't remember where.

25 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill and a couple of the daughters got new dresses for Nurie's wedding while Nurie wore an outdated, gifted gown with loose and missing beading.  I think the story was that someone gave Nurie the dress years before to save until her marriage. I wonder if Kaylee has a 1990's dress stashed away too. Jill, however, will need something new and special for herself.

Jill bought the infamous cabbage boob dress for Nurie's wedding. It was hideous.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
22 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

As a busty woman, I’m here to say that having a large bust doesn’t mean someone is overweight. Michelle’s short stature probably makes her bust more evident.

Oh, I know. From unfortunate experience. However, I do think Michelle is definitely out of shape, not surprisingly considering 21 years of almost constant pregnancies. Her abs probably vacated the premises 25 years ago. Not to mention the notorious missing back muscle. 

32 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've seen it in reddish purple (can't think of the exact color), but I don't remember where.

Jill bought the infamous cabbage boob dress for Nurie's wedding. It was hideous.

Um, the cabbage what? I apparently never saw it or have blocked it from my memory,* for self-preservation. Please to provide photo. 

*All I remember of that wedding is Nathan wearing a white tuxedo that looked to be made from the same material at Nurie's dress. Probably was, in fact. Buy used and save the difference, live debt-free, blah blah blah. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Oh, I know. From unfortunate experience. However, I do think Michelle is definitely out of shape, not surprisingly considering 21 years of almost constant pregnancies. Her abs probably vacated the premises 25 years ago. Not to mention the notorious missing back muscle. 

Um, the cabbage what? I apparently never saw it or have blocked it from my memory,* for self-preservation. Please to provide photo. 

*All I remember of that wedding is Nathan wearing a white tuxedo that looked to be made from the same material at Nurie's dress. Probably was, in fact. Buy used and save the difference, live debt-free, blah blah blah. 

You can't see the chest very well, but it looked like two half heads of cabbage on her boobs.

https://images.app.goo.gl/X7qTveZgCZucYB5E9

• LOL 7
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

You can't see the chest very well, but it looked like two half heads of cabbage on her boobs.

https://images.app.goo.gl/X7qTveZgCZucYB5E9

Thanks for sharing the cabbage dress picture. Is that FF in the background? Kaylee’s wedding will be marginally better just because he won’t be there. Will Nurie be pregnant at the wedding? IIRC it’s a fall wedding, maybe November? JillR needs to update us!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

You couldn't even see poor Nurie's thrifted wedding dress with her parents hogging the aisle. 

eta FF was the emcee at their equally sad reception.

Ugh! I remember that. And didn't Anna dress sloppy for the wedding? All very sad, but Nurie probably didn't know any better and she looked very happy. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

If I remember correctly, Jill bought Nurie’s dress at a thrift store when Nurie was a young teenager and they had it for years. I also believe it’s been stated that Nurie loved her dress, which is all that really matters, though that might have been Jill’s interpretation. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Is that FF in the background?

Yes, yes it is.   If you scroll down you can see more pics including a brag that "A Duggar came to the wedding."   You know back when Jill was star struck over them.   And they were worth being star struck over in Fundie Land.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Yes, yes it is.   If you scroll down you can see more pics including a brag that "A Duggar came to the wedding."   You know back when Jill was star struck over them.   And they were worth being star struck over in Fundie Land.

This would have been after the carlot raid. Jill obviously didn't care. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

This would have been after the carlot raid. Jill obviously didn't care. 

In all fairness to Fundie Stripper Barbie, the Duggars probably weren't telling people it was over CSAM possession. If they told anybody at all, it was probably some BS about the evil heathens sending law enforcement after the innocent, hard-working Duggar men. Or "some financial misunderstanding," at the very most. 

• Like 10
  • Love 6

This is what Jill posted at the time of Nurie’s wedding:

Many people have asked if Nurie is wearing MY old wedding dress.  No, she is not.  It is one we bought JUST for her that SHE picked out.  Her new father in law said it was the prettiest wedding dress he had ever seen....along with many compliments like that.  Nurie, I LOVE your choice and you totally looked like a princess!  😊

• Thanks 5
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Ugh! I remember that. And didn't Anna dress sloppy for the wedding? All very sad, but Nurie probably didn't know any better and she looked very happy. 

Anna wore a regular T-shirt/skirt

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Anna wore a regular T-shirt/skirt

Ofsmuggar makes it pretty clear that as the fundie equivalent of Kate Middleton, she looks way down on Meghan Markle that Rodriguii scum. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

Ofsmuggar makes it pretty clear that as the fundie equivalent of Kate Middleton, she looks way down on Meghan Markle that Rodriguii scum. 

Yup. By contrast, she looked pretty nice at her parents' 40th anniversary party (which the Rodriguii crashed).

• Sad 6
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, Heathen said:

Nathan wore pants and a jacket that were mismatched shades of white. 

I am probably not remembering this right, but Nurie or Kaylee found a dress at a thrift store and a friend gave a wedding dress to the other one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
5 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

If I remember correctly, Jill bought Nurie’s dress at a thrift store when Nurie was a young teenager and they had it for years. I also believe it’s been stated that Nurie loved her dress, which is all that really matters, though that might have been Jill’s interpretation. 

Nurie was raised to never disagree with or contradict her mother.  So, if Jill says Nurie loved her dress, Nurie would agree; she doesn't know what it is to think for herself.

• Sad 12
  • Love 1

Jill must have thought the fake tan and blond extensions would play well against the mint green. Fundie Stripper Barbie indeed, @Heathen

I suppose her dress (and Kaylee's and Renee's?) came from a choose-your-style, send-your-measurements, overseas dress company. For a woman who can't afford to feed her kids regularly, she had no problem dropping several hundred dollars on formal dresses and costume jewelry in her desire to outshine the bride, her own daughter. 

Hunk looks much healthier and more alert in the wedding pictures that he does now. He's not aging well. 

• Sad 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

6E775990-28A5-4B1D-8469-25A630D346F2.jpeg

6E1C137A-5FD2-49FD-8B50-6A626DC0AB4A.jpeg

Working for mom and dad for free.

How much money does it cost to print those unwanted pieces of propaganda? Jill hears what she wants to hear when she pretends to listen to God.  How much better would it be if they donated the money spent on the printer, paper, ink and everything associated with it to people who are really in need.  What a waste of time and energy for those young people to be following their parents' grifting delusions.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Ma turtleneck must be doing great because

a. Jill isn’t talking about her

b. back to selling plexus 

c. someone told her to stop posting about ma 

JillR had to post about how hard they are working since everyone was snarking and suggesting that would be a better fund raiser than begging 

• Like 7
  • Love 10

Even when bragging about work she still screws up.   "When home."  Most people are not going to think "oh they've been at the hospital with Ma Noyes so much they haven't been home."   Because then Jill would have said "when not at the hospital."    "when home" means exactly what it sounds like - when we aren't traveling.    So endless vacations Jill must be nice.*

The last time they sent that many propaganda pieces out, they hit the road again.   So another trip in the offing?    Jill still hasn't had her beach vacation this year.   

*I didn't win the lottery last night so I may be a bit bitter about people who can "afford" to be on vacation all the time.

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, wilsie said:

How much money does it cost to print those unwanted pieces of propaganda? Jill hears what she wants to hear when she pretends to listen to God.  How much better would it be if they donated the money spent on the printer, paper, ink and everything associated with it to people who are really in need.  What a waste of time and energy for those young people to be following their parents' grifting delusions.

They don’t actually care about anyone else in need.

• Sad 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, wilsie said:

At the present time there is a paper shortage. I work with printers daily and the situation has been ongoing for quite some time.  This is what infuriates me about this whole mess…there are people trying to print IMPORTANT things who can’t get the paper to do so…and here is GWE printing stuff that NO ONE READS!  As a result of the shortage, paper costs are rising and there is no end in sight. So unless GWE has a stockpile of paper in his shop, I foresee his operations being slowed or stopped very soon.  If huge nationwide printers can’t readily source basic stock to print on, how could he?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

At the present time there is a paper shortage. I work with printers daily and the situation has been ongoing for quite some time.  This is what infuriates me about this whole mess…there are people trying to print IMPORTANT things who can’t get the paper to do so…and here is GWE printing stuff that NO ONE READS!  As a result of the shortage, paper costs are rising and there is no end in sight. So unless GWE has a stockpile of paper in his shop, I foresee his operations being slowed or stopped very soon.  If huge nationwide printers can’t readily source basic stock to print on, how could he?

How many of their nonsense tracts end up in the trash? 99.99%?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I would at least take mine home and recycle it. 

I would recycle it if I were at home when I received it, but otherwise I’d probably be quick to crumble it up and find the nearest trash can. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I would recycle it if I were at home when I received it, but otherwise I’d probably be quick to crumble it up and find the nearest trash can. 

It's a multi-page tract. I would feel guilty wasting all that paper/stock.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

My best friend's husband is a Gideon. He was at a middle school that his daughter works at handing out small New Testament Bibles. His daughter was mortified, however she did say that the kids (she works at a school with some high risk kids) were joking that the pages make great rolling papers. 

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

So unless GWE has a stockpile of paper in his shop, I foresee his operations being slowed or stopped very soon.  If huge nationwide printers can’t readily source basic stock to print on, how could he?

I see Jill's next grift.    "Oh please donate to us so we can keep spreading Jeebus' word.   Those ebil paper companies are trying to stop us by not giving us free paper."

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

Do they just have the smiley face one? I can’t imagine the well for this is that deep, and at some point the churches will want some varied content. 

Chick tracts were hilariously horrific, but at least he kept turning out new content to keep getting repeat business. 

What a total waste of money and resources. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Do they just have the smiley face one? I can’t imagine the well for this is that deep, and at some point the churches will want some varied content. 

Chick tracts were hilariously horrific, but at least he kept turning out new content to keep getting repeat business. 

What a total waste of money and resources. 

They've done some different ones in the past, but I think those were special ordered. These stupid smiley tracts seem to be their bread and butter.

3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They've done some different ones in the past, but I think those were special ordered. These stupid smiley tracts seem to be their bread and butter.

I remember he did a horrific tract complete with a drippy, bloody jesus and a crown of thorns.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Trillium said:

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?page_id=3695 - tracts they offer - though they pretty much only ever show the smiley ones. They also offer a booklet of John/Romans. They used to show the pricing, but stopped that a few years back. They are not making much money on these.

I think they are used mostly for folks that go door to door or on missions trips - they are throw aways.

The Choose Life tract has the same picture Timothy's Christ Honoring Services used. 😂

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1