Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I'll give her the hotel because that was paid for before the Ohio Derecho Storm.   Although, I won't give her much because its not like she isn't grifting all the time about how poor they are.  But the scooters?   Right after you were claiming you couldn't even feed your family.   Just no.

She is totally tone deaf to how she comes across.   Of course after hearing her "sing" that is not surprising.

• Thanks 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Of course there is $ for coffee and snacks for the parents

60536BC6-295B-4337-A551-6167BB373941.jpeg

His ugly ass shirt always cracks me up. The street vendors here sell crap like this to tourists. I wonder where Hunk got his. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I thought his arm would snap like a twig! Ouch.

C030C8D3-4B25-43C7-846C-04D0A45D29A4.jpeg

What is the obsession with arm wrestling? I have lots of nephews, brothers and BIL’s and never once has arm wrestling occurred at a family get together. Someone other than JillyBean must have paid for Taco Bell since it appears everyone has their own food and drinks.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, anyasmom said:

Do the pastor and other people who give them gift cards and food not do social media?  If I had donated to them and then saw these posts I would be furious.  That I gave some of my actually job earnings to fund this crap.  Ugh.

I've said this before on these boards, these Fundies operate under a different logic than the rest of us.  They willingly give to the Rods despite what Jill posts on SM.  They know Jesus calls them to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, etc. and they see themselves as Good Christians, so they want to do this.  But (and this is a big but), they do not feel comfortable giving their hard earned money to the Unsaved.  Their Christian Charity has strings attached, so they give to the Rods and other families who are in need and believe in the Right Jesus.  They also willingly give to people who "evangelize" so they do not have to.  So, they will give to Jill to help Philip get a car so he can get educated before saving the Catholics in Hungary.  This is why Jill is always telling stories about saving someone in the laundromat or in a Walmart parking lot.  She's showing her supporters that their money is being put to good use.  

These people will also understand why Jill and David needed 3 days in Columbus away from the kids.  Remember the Fundie hierarchy--Jesus, marriage, kids.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s something that their children will (never get to) enjoy doing.  That self-centered bitch… 🤬

Her sons get to arm wrestle after a gifted meal for fun. What do they girls get as a treat?

• Sad 7
17 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

What is the obsession with arm wrestling? I have lots of nephews, brothers and BIL’s and never once has arm wrestling occurred at a family get together. Someone other than JillyBean must have paid for Taco Bell since it appears everyone has their own food and drinks.

these are the same "not sissies" cousins that posed with their "manly" orange barrel toy guns at thanksgiving right? Arm wrestling appears to be an expression of manliness for the rods. But seriously, arm wrestling at Taco Bell after church??? just weird

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

They have to show how macho and manly they are! 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Ah, David wore his flag rag shirt to the convention. It doesn't improve anything about him.

Jill is trolling now because people are calling her out for spending lavishly to make this convention a date week with Deadbeat Dave, even as she was begging for meals for her kids and money to keep gas in the generator after the Ohio Derecho in these "strenuous" financial times. 

Jilly, you got caught in your lies and inconsistencies. Also, if you promote Plexus as badly as you do your recliner-loving hubby, you'll never get to that ruby circle. 

Who is calling her out and where?  On Facebook?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Wonder if Jill is still trying to get pregnant 

I can guarantee she is.  If she’s not, it’s only because Hottie is impotent.  If she somehow manages to get pregnant again, my head may explode.  The thought of another child being born into that train wreck existence makes me shudder.

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Here and Reddit for two. I have abandoned Facebook, so I have no idea. 

Either Jill has a sixth sense that she is being "persecuted," or she's reading social media about her and her family--more likely since she always seems to have a phone in her hand. Her pushbacks are too well timed to be coincidental. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

So I took one for the team, and went over to her Facebook. Looks like there are only a few comments on most, but most complementary. I wouldn't be surprised if she deletes the negative ones. The only non-butt-kissing one I saw told Jill David should be working, following by "just kidding". Jill gave it the laugh emoji, but they weren't wrong.

Edited by Turquoise
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

So I took one for the team, and went over to her Facebook. Looks like there are only a few comments on most, but most complementary. I wouldn't be surprised if she deletes the negative ones. The only non-butt-kissing one I saw told Jill David should be working, following by "just kidding". Jill gave it the laugh emoji, but they weren't wrong.

Last I looked (close to a year ago), she only allowed a select few sycophants to comment on her FB posts. Everyone one can read, but can’t comment. She is thin skinned. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Last I looked (close to a year ago), she only allowed a select few sycophants to comment on her FB posts. Everyone one can read, but can’t comment. She is thin skinned. 🤣

I believe only Friends can comment. But I have seen some criticism from them, albeit short-lived. Jill is always right! 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She either turns comments off or only her friends comment.

there are parody Facebook accounts that rip Jill/David to shreds. I bet she reads those too. She definitely reads here.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Wink 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

As far as I know, you cannot delete other people's comments on your posts on Facebook, only Instagram.  Jill can block anyone who makes snarky comments, but she can't make those go away.  Her Facebook is an echo chamber for her with only like-minded people commenting.  The snarking happens on other sites like here and Reddit, not on her actual page.    

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jilly, you got caught in your lies and inconsistencies. Also, if you promote Plexus as badly as you do your recliner-loving hubby, you'll never get to that ruby circle. 

My guess is that she cold-calls unsuspecting people on repeat and shrieks her Plexus psychobabble at them until they agree to buy some pink poison just to make her stop.  

And regarding Phillip and his cool new car - how is a kid who has never been allowed off his mother's leash going to make it in Hungary?  And is the car going with him?  Otherwise, what's the point?  And why (according to Jill) did he start working the day after he "graduated?"  Couldn't he have been working part-time while in "school" like millions of other teenagers? 

Please excuse all the "quotes," but Jill is "nuts."

• Like 6
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I think the "lady doth protest too much". In my experience, those who go on SM extolling their great love are usually trying to convince themselves that the great love is real. JillR is one of those. Hunk seems unaware of the "great love" they supposedly share. 😉

I have thought this for a long time.  People in a secure situation do not find the need to let everyone know how "great" things are going.  I do wonder if he is unwell.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As far as I know, you cannot delete other people's comments on your posts on Facebook, only Instagram.  Jill can block anyone who makes snarky comments, but she can't make those go away.  Her Facebook is an echo chamber for her with only like-minded people commenting.  The snarking happens on other sites like here and Reddit, not on her actual page.    

Jill has comments turned off on her Instagram, and on the family’s website on the blog posts.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You actually can...I have been deleted, and I have been known to delete the comments of my aunt who thinks that friends of mine who comment to me are dying for her opposing views, in all caps and with multiple exclamation points.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
Just now, Turquoise said:

You actually can...I have been deleted, and I have been known to delete the comments of my aunt who thinks that friends of mine who comment to me are dying for her opposing views, in all caps and with multiple exclamation points.

I have also deleted comments of friends who get a bit over excited on an issue. I don't mind their point of view but it is a bit too OTT. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
53 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

52 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have also deleted comments of friends who get a bit over excited on an issue. I don't mind their point of view but it is a bit too OTT. 

Thanks for the correction.  I only use the FB app where it appears to be difficult to delete comments or even edit them.  SM is blocked on my work computer, and I have no desire to fire up my laptop at home to peruse something I can see on my phone.  

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

His ugly ass shirt always cracks me up. The street vendors here sell crap like this to tourists. I wonder where Hunk got his. 

At least he got 1 new thing. Jill has too many clothes. She rarely wears anything twice. How big is her closet?

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Thanks for the correction.  I only use the FB app where it appears to be difficult to delete comments or even edit them.  SM is blocked on my work computer, and I have no desire to fire up my laptop at home to peruse something I can see on my phone.  

Oh, yea, on the app forget it! I can't even edit my own comments. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

And regarding Phillip and his cool new car - how is a kid who has never been allowed off his mother's leash going to make it in Hungary?  And is the car going with him?  Otherwise, what's the point?  And why (according to Jill) did he start working the day after he "graduated?"  Couldn't he have been working part-time while in "school" like millions of other teenagers? 

Please excuse all the "quotes," but Jill is "nuts."

I may be wrong, and I am too lazy to go back and look it up, but isn't the plan for Phil-Boy to attend "college" for 2 years and then "go to Hungary?" I didn't think he was planning on going this fall, is he? Not that he is ever going to go... but I thought the "plan" was years, not months? {ODG ~ I'm lost in the "quote" world, too!}

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yes, you can.  Anything that is posted on my Facebook page, including comments made by others, can be deleted by me.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I may be wrong, and I am too lazy to go back and look it up, but isn't the plan for Phil-Boy to attend "college" for 2 years and then "go to Hungary?" I didn't think he was planning on going this fall, is he? Not that he is ever going to go... but I thought the "plan" was years, not months? {ODG ~ I'm lost in the "quote" world, too!}

He isn't going anywhere for 2 years, and he will never be going overseas. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 7
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

At least he got 1 new thing. Jill has too many clothes. She rarely wears anything twice. How big is her closet?

It’s big.  It’s a walk-in closet.  She was showing it off and bragging about it on SM when Hunk finished it.  She has a ton of clothes.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
21 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

All of the Rod offspring, and their offspring, will live the same sad existence as adults as they’re living now.

• Sad 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You can delete FB comments,  but not Twitter comments. Probably a big reason that people like the Rods, Duggars, Bates etc rarely use Twitter. They can’t deal with opposing viewpoints. Bin is the exception but Jessa won’t allow it, lol.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I would agree with you about Philip's chances of going overseas being the same as me marrying Pedro Pascal, but Nurie and David have been to Africa.  All Philip needs is to find a like-minded individual who is already in Hungary ministering to the Catholic population.  Jill keeps on talking this up hoping one of her followers can put the family in touch with this person.  IMHO, Philip's dream is far more attainable than Tim's.  

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Odds are the car BME grifted for Philly will be used for a few months for him to commute to school and then something will happen to cause him to leave school. Like what happened with Timbits. Then Philly, who is probably as bad a driver as Timbits, will use the car to drive to work until he crashes it. The Rod kids have no life skills whatsoever including driving. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 8
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I would agree with you about Philip's chances of going overseas being the same as me marrying Pedro Pascal, but Nurie and David have been to Africa.  All Philip needs is to find a like-minded individual who is already in Hungary ministering to the Catholic population.  Jill keeps on talking this up hoping one of her followers can put the family in touch with this person.  IMHO, Philip's dream is far more attainable than Tim's.  

I can’t see Philip ever learning Hungarian, though. He can barely speak/write English. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

I can’t see Philip ever learning Hungarian, though. He can barely speak/write English. 

Learning the local language is not a prerequisite for these folks.  Jill is not trying to hitch Philip to any legitimate mission organization just someone local who speaks English that is willing to house Philip and enough money to get him there.  He can learn by immersion once he's there if he even needs to know the language.  The Rods believe the only legitimate version of the Bible is one written in archaic English; the people Phil's trying to save need to learn English, Philp doesn't need to learn Hungarian.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

But they went to Africa for a visit, he is planning on living there. I just don't see it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Learning the local language is not a prerequisite for these folks.  Jill is not trying to hitch Philip to any legitimate mission organization just someone local who speaks English that is willing to house Philip and enough money to get him there.  He can learn by immersion once he's there if he even needs to know the language.  The Rods believe the only legitimate version of the Bible is one written in archaic English; the people Phil's trying to save need to learn English, Philp doesn't need to learn Hungarian.  

But there's still the problem of Queen Jill's losing control over another one of her subjects. She didn't handle Nurie's and Tim's departures well. Jill has only a vague idea of where Hungary is, but she knows it's far away and full of young women.  

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 8
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

But there's still the problem of Queen Jill's losing control over another one of her subjects. She didn't handle Nurie's and Tim's departures well. Jill has only a vague idea of where Hungary is, but she knows it's far away and full of young women.  

Yeah, it remains to be seen if Jill can loosen up those apron strings and allow Philip to move overseas.  David may make her though, he knows at least one of the boys has to leave and cleave.  They can't keep on housing and feeding those boys forever.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4