Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

🤣 Renee arranged a mother's day fb "surprise" that included 11 pics of BME ever with 11 of her children taken in the same spot in their yard???

not buying that story at all. Jill said hey renee take some the pictures and I will write/edit the tributes from the children.

Considering one or more of the Rodlets posts a gushing ode to Jill on Facebook and/or Instagram every Mother's Day, I have a hard time believing this year's post is a surprise.

• LOL 15
12 minutes ago, Triple P said:

Considering one or more of the Rodlets posts a gushing ode to Jill on Facebook and/or Instagram every Mother's Day, I have a hard time believing this year's post is a surprise.

Especially after Renee says, "Best Momma ever, can I get your Facebook password?" 😁

• LOL 9
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Both Erin and Alyssa had their first 4 and first 3 in quick succession, but I think Tori may have them beat. Of the 20 grandchildren 16 are from 4 families. 

Jilldo had 9 kids in 9 years. It’s possible that the Bates can have 1 kid every year…

3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jilldo had 9 kids in 9 years. It’s possible that the Bates can have 1 kid every year…

The Bates parents had their first 11 kids in 12 years. The Duggars had their first 10 kids in 10 years.

JillR is not special.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Bates parents had their first 11 kids in 12 years. The Duggars had their first 10 kids in 10 years.

JillR is not special.

Really none of them are special. Back in the day before the Pill almost everyone knew a family of 10+ kids. Of course a lot of things were also different, but if a couple has unprotected sex, there will usually be babies. Nothing special.

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Really none of them are special. Back in the day before the Pill almost everyone knew a family of 10+ kids. Of course a lot of things were also different, but if a couple has unprotected sex, there will usually be babies. Nothing special.

And parents worked to support those 10 kids, instead of exploiting the kids so that they didn’t have to work. And those kids were sent to school and educated.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Yep.  My paternal grandparents had 9 kids in 11 years, and they were not actively trying to conceive, nor were any of those pregnancies multiples.  Some people really are just fertile.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

THIS a billion times THIS.   There is NOTHING special about these families having lots of kids.   It just means they aren't using birth control.  When you don't do that -- babies happen.

• Love 16

My mom hade her first kid at age 21 and her 4th and last, days after her 27th birthday - so 4 kids in 6 years. But we got farther and farther apart - 11 months, 2 years and 3 years. My parents got busier and wiser.

I think the Bates/Duggars/Rods have/had the first few kids by chance and then start timing sex to continue to have more kids, closer together. Although I do think all their weddings are planned to fall when pregnancy is likely.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

My grandma had 10 kids and my great-grandma had 13.  And they didn't track their fertility on the fridge or plan their honeymoons around their menstrual cycles like these people do.  I asked my grandma how many kids she actually wanted to have.  She said three or four, then laughed.  Oops.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

From her last post. 

lolz at 

crushing (by hunk) take that load on a daily basis (eeww at that image, we get it you have plenty of lotion time with hunk) and give it back to Jesus (13 blessings who love the right Jesause)

7E276784-F65B-4DDE-A08F-B7850047D393.jpeg

• LOL 9
(edited)

The post:

Life is full of expectations.  Everybody has them.  But the thing that I am still learning, is that if I try to fill the expectations of every person around me, I will run myself ragged. 🤪

I don't like to disappoint people.  So, when I sense some dislike for the way I am or the things I do, I panic.  😥  I examine my heart up one side and down the other.  I toss and turn at night.  I feel downtrodden under the expectations of others instead of God's expectations. 

We should always keep a humble spirit and desire to learn and grow spiritually, however, what we should NOT do, is be tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine.  
Ephesians 4:14 "That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men,"...

Our beliefs need to be backed by Scripture instead of gut feelings and preferences.  I can drive myself crazy trying to live up to the expectations of others and waste my time on needless words and worry, when ALL of that stress and anxiety can be delivered safely at the foot of the Cross and left forever there.  😊

I could also allow bitterness to take root in my heart over past grievances.  I am then reminded of how MUCH I was forgiven of by Jesus and by others, who have also forgiven me of my MANY short comings. So, it is my reasonable service to forgive those who have hurt me and press on in victory.  😉😊

Satan wants NOTHING more than for us to lie wounded on the battle field of life.  He breathes accusatory words and makes us feel defeated, useless and unforgiven.  This path brings no joy or victory or truth.  If we have asked Jesus to save us, our sin is covered by the blood!  Hallelujah!  :) 

How do YOU feel today, dear reader?  Remember, I love you and am here for you, but more importantly- Jesus Is!  😊  Do YOU know Him as your Saviour?  

In the power of His might, press on in Victory today!  Yes, let's strive to be the BEST version of US, while only patterning our goals, direction, convictions, charity, truth, etc. after the example of Jesus. ❤

We all have moments of feeling over looked, taken for granted, unappreciated, overwhelmed, etc.  Let me remind us though, those unmet expectations of wanting to feel, well - appreciated, come from people.  God NEVER fails us and He always takes note of everything we do!  Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."  

The weight of life can sometimes feel CRUSHING, unless we learn to take that load (on a daily basis) and give it back to Jesus!  😊🥰😉

What hollow expectations are YOU trying to fill today?  😬  Stop. Back up. Let it go. Pray. Rise. Live victoriously!  ❤️ 

BEE HAPPY!  🐝  -Jill Rodrigues 😁 ♥️

Edited by ginger90

If Jilldo really tosses and turns at night it's because she's drinking the gut-stimulant Plexus crap, not because she cares about disappointing other people. It's all about Jill, Jill, Jill, all the time. 

Did Tim forget Mother's Day? She's in quite the mood, isn't she?

• Love 14

I think maybe she has an issue with her church right now. Also I don't think Jonathan's parents liked being on Jillys SM pages and wouldn't play along with her posting things about them since they wiped most everything about their family from their church page and their fb pages.

It does seem Jill needs to reread some of her old blog posts, as she never learns the lessons she has already preached/ranted about and given over to god in the past. She has an old post from 2015 on when she prayed about her selfishness and worrying on what others think, she learned it doesn't matter what man thinks, god's grace was sufficient.

Am I Willing to Go?? 6-12-15

"Finally one night on my bed, when the rest of the family was asleep, I surrendered it all to the Lord.  Why was my heart so filled with selfishness?  Why (when others have sacrificed SO much more than me) was I not willing to give it all to God?  I have shed many tears and still sometimes struggle with the sacrifices we make on the road, but I know that my heart is surrendered to God’s will.  May my difficulties bring glory to an almighty God!  May HE be seen through MY weakness!  May it show others that HIS grace IS sufficient in times of weakness!   2Co 12:9 “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”  All the praise and Glory belongs to God and God alone!!

Sometimes even others judgement of us that we would cram a family that large into such small quarters, was tough on me.  I wanted others to think we were the best possible parents!  We know how hard we try to give our children the best.  But, people are entitled to their own opinion and I would get discouraged at negative remarks cast our way.  It was then that I remembered that I needed to bring my surrender even a step further.  I needed to not worry what man thought of me………….only God.  Pr 29:25 ¶ The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe."

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2061

• Useful 3
26 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If Jilldo really tosses and turns at night it's because she's drinking the gut-stimulant Plexus crap, not because she cares about disappointing other people. It's all about Jill, Jill, Jill, all the time. 

Did Tim forget Mother's Day? She's in quite the mood, isn't she?

Maybe Tim got lucky and had to work, giving him a reasonable excuse not to be home with Jill.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think maybe she has an issue with her church right now. Also I don't think Jonathan's parents liked being on Jillys SM pages and wouldn't play along with her posting things about them since they wiped most everything about their family from their church page and their fb pages.

It does seem Jill needs to reread some of her old blog posts, as she never learns the lessons she has already preached/ranted about and given over to god in the past. She has an old post from 2015 on when she prayed about her selfishness and worrying on what others think, she learned it doesn't matter what man thinks, god's grace was sufficient.

Am I Willing to Go?? 6-12-15

"Finally one night on my bed, when the rest of the family was asleep, I surrendered it all to the Lord.  Why was my heart so filled with selfishness?  Why (when others have sacrificed SO much more than me) was I not willing to give it all to God?  I have shed many tears and still sometimes struggle with the sacrifices we make on the road, but I know that my heart is surrendered to God’s will.  May my difficulties bring glory to an almighty God!  May HE be seen through MY weakness!  May it show others that HIS grace IS sufficient in times of weakness!   2Co 12:9 “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”  All the praise and Glory belongs to God and God alone!!

Sometimes even others judgement of us that we would cram a family that large into such small quarters, was tough on me.  I wanted others to think we were the best possible parents!  We know how hard we try to give our children the best.  But, people are entitled to their own opinion and I would get discouraged at negative remarks cast our way.  It was then that I remembered that I needed to bring my surrender even a step further.  I needed to not worry what man thought of me………….only God.  Pr 29:25 ¶ The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe."

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2061

If she would feed the kids well and make sure her kids got a good education, few would care about them living in somewhat cramped quarters. Oh, and got them regular medical care.

• Love 13

In one of the videos janessa is sitting at the table and Jon’s mom and uncle are visiting. Jon spent Mother’s Day with Jill and did not go home. At least his mom did visit.

Seriously do Jon’s parents hate him or something? Marrying him into the Rod family is a bad idea.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

In one of the videos janessa is sitting at the table and Jon’s mom and uncle are visiting. Jon spent Mother’s Day with Jill and did not go home. At least his mom did visit.

Seriously do Jon’s parents hate him or something? Marrying him into the Rod family is a bad idea.

That was his aunt and uncle (they introduced Kaylee and Jonathan, and she also sells Plexus),  not his mother. The way Jill posts, that may not have been on Mother’s Day, even though that’s when she posted it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

That was Jonathan's aunt and uncle. They were introduced in one of Jill's many videos. His parents did not visit.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I’d love to know what his parents think about his current living situation and all of the Rods’ chaos and Jill’s overbearing need for complete control. I wonder if they tried to convince him to stay living at home and saving $ for the wedding there instead of moving to Ohio?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 10
(edited)

I haven't been working the last few week (but I am starting a new job next week). The place my mom lives has a Bible Study every other Tuesday so I've gone with her a couple of times.  Today one of the leaders very happily announced that in the next few weeks she is going to be having 4 new great-grandchildren added to her family.  I later asked my mom if her last name was Duggar or Bates. At least my mom understands my snarking so she did laugh.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Very true. That makes me think of one of the first Duggar specials with a voice over how the Duggars have more kids the most families in a few generations to make them sound even more special. Ah, no, depending on ages it would only be a generation or two to get families with lots of kids. My dad's parents were both one of eleven kids. My mom's dad was one of ten. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The post:

I am then reminded of how MUCH I was forgiven of by Jesus and by others, who have also forgiven me of my MANY short comings. So, it is my reasonable service to forgive those who have hurt me and press on in victory.  

😬 BEE HAPPY!  🐝  -Jill Rodrigues 😁 ♥️

Bold of Jill to assume that she is forgiven by Jesus.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I’d love to know what his parents think about his current living situation and all of the Rods’ chaos and Jill’s overbearing need for complete control. I wonder if they tried to convince him to stay living at home and saving $ for the wedding there instead of moving to Ohio?

Are we even sure his parents want this wedding to happen?  Maybe they actually have a clue.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm almost positive that his parents were at the engagement.

But were they just being nice?  If BME's Plexus friend introduced them, and the parents are not real happy about it, they might still go to the engagement because that is what parents do.  I just have a feeling that he made his decision, and his parents aren't ecstatic about it.  I know I would't be!

• Love 8

Yes in my experience, if you don't want to entirely nuke the relationship over it, it's usually wiser to play nice rather than fight a relative on something like this. I wouldn't take their presence as automatic approval. I mean, they may be as crazy as Jill and be ecstatic, but they also may think their son is making a terrible mistake but are unwilling to further push him into his future in-laws' arms by strongly disapproving. 

• Love 11
(edited)

The family went virtually underground after the relationship was announced. I'm pretty sure BME cued them in about her "haters," and they acted accordingly. I forget the name of their church offhand, but I think that they pretty much shut down its social media.

All this to say that I think they support the young couple and shut down SM to protect themselves from criticism they don't want to hear.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video:

349F7FAE-255C-4668-A311-41A6EBFE9130.jpeg

So the Dingus clan is back in the JillR world! BME must have realized she needs them for all the wedding festivities coming up, IIRC they were always making cakes and giving the Rods food.

• Love 4
(edited)

The way JillR presents David on SM is kinda scary. He never seems to be interacting with anyone. Always standing alone or sitting staring off into space. Very rarely is he smiling or engaged in conversation.

Maybe that's who he became after years with Jill and a slew of children to compete with. Maybe he's just a quiet/shy guy. Or maybe he's a guy who ends up on Dateline.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9