Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, wilsie said:

I think the ragamuffin look is done on purpose.  If these children didn't look as pathetic as they do Jill wouldn't be able to grift as much and as easy.

I think some of their look (at least the thinness and the dark circles) is genetic. One of Jilly's sisters has the same look. The outdated, oversized, ragamuffin clothing is not genetic. That's their wretched mother trying to make them look bad so she looks better. 

• Love 10

Who needs a video about Timothy Rodrigues's happy, happy life?  I bet this was Jill's idea. Honestly, it doesn't undo the unfortunate impression he makes in those depressing talks he records in his RV. 

Somebody needs to wash and brush the hair of the little Rodlets and feed them. Those girls look as if they just tumbled out of a Victorian workhouse. 

(Disclaimer: I FFed through Tim's video. Twenty-four minutes is too long.)

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 17

What is up with this child sucking on a piece of cloth? Neither of my daughters or my granddaughter or my nephew sucked on a rag. Until I saw this thread I never knew of a child doing this. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that some kind of half hour advertisement for single Tim? And where was this taken?

image.png.87f8bd4370cf1b782146a20762c5c91e.png

I kind of think MY biceps are more impressive than Timmy's. 

• LOL 24
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that some kind of half hour advertisement for single Tim? And where was this taken?

image.png.87f8bd4370cf1b782146a20762c5c91e.png

I don’t know but there are multiple pictures with toilets and urinals.

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Who needs a video about Timothy Rodrigues's happy, happy life?  I bet this was Jill's idea. Honestly, it doesn't undo the unfortunate impression he makes in those depressing talks he records in his RV. 

Somebody needs to wash and brush the hair of the little Rodlets and feed them. Those girls look as if they just tumbled out of a Victorian workhouse. 

(Disclaimer: I FFed through Tim's video. Twenty-four minutes is too long.)

24 seconds is too long! I could tolerate Timmy for 2 seconds tops. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

What is up with this child sucking on a piece of cloth? Neither of my daughters or my granddaughter or my nephew sucked on a rag. Until I saw this thread I never knew of a child doing this. 

My guess they are hungry, anxious and stressed out due to their SWEET momsy. Imagine having to perfectly perform for the AWFUL parents 24/7. They must please momsy at all times. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Pretty much SM silence for the Bates. Do Fundies observe Good Friday?

Idk, but some fundies have said that even Easter is not a major event. Makes no sense to me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Previously she held the blankie (?) in her hand while she sucked her thumb. I wonder if she's no longer allowed to suck her thumb but is still allowed to carry the blanket?

• Useful 3

So the short, lisping, balding, crazy eyed, under educated mama’s boy is looking for a wife. Perhaps he needs to find a female who is extremely desperate.….I think this is beyond prayer.

• LOL 7

Tim needs to crop his selfies to remove all toilets in the background. That's not the association he wants or needs. Also, photos of coffeeshop signs and coffee cups are boring. For lessons on photographing "Coffee, And Food," he needs to consult Jeremy Vuolo. The subject is still deadly dull, but Tim can pretend to be hip if he does it right. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

What would pull me in is the photo of Tim staring out of the heart shaped window of the playhouse. 

If I thought he had any critical thinking skills I'd think he was using that as a hidden persuader/subliminal advertisement.

Look mama, when they look at this pic, this will happen🥰😍😘 - and they won't even know what hit them.

• Love 2

There are a few pics of Tim in a car with a leather jacket, a tie, and glasses, and I actually think those are some of his better pics. But there are way, WAY too many bicep-flexing selfies thrown into the mix. And 24 minutes is too dang long! It did feel like an infomercial for showcasing Tim and priming him for courtship. 

• Love 10

As far as courtship, who would he be posting the video for? I don't think the unmarried women/girls in their circle of correct fundiness are allowed to have social media or internet access.

So is he marketing himself to some poor girl's mom, aunt or grandma that might watch a 24 min video and set up a match like Jonathan's aunt did for jon and Kaylee?

Will they be impressed by a pic, that is a year or so old, of Timbits posing and taking selfies in a men's room?

When Jill talked about tim in her talk about family in florida last month, tim wasn't with them because he was working and trying to find a wife and was getting his finances in order before taking on that burden.

• Love 7

A. I will pray for Jill not to  have anymore kids

B. Janessa after playing a game shoved her dirty hands in her mouth. Gross. She really got it bad (sucking her fingers/rags)

C. HUNK is alive 

D. Those 2 still bump uglies?! I think I won’t be able to eat for a month.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

A. I will pray for Jill not to  have anymore kids

B. Janessa after playing a game shoved her dirty hands in her mouth. Gross. She really got it bad (sucking her fingers/rags)

C. HUNK is alive 

D. Those 2 still bump uglies?! I think I won’t be able to eat for a month.

Janessa and Sofia always have their fingers, thumbs or nasty rags in their mouths.  I guess they substitute those things for the food that they never get to eat.  Please, please, PLEASE, God, do not open that lunatic’s womb ever again.  Amen. 🙏🏼

• Love 17

I think when you're numbers 12 and 13 in birth order you have to rely on yourself for any type of comfort and soothing. I'm guessing sleeping in a 4 x 4 cage while traveling doesn't help either. This is not to say that all kids who suck their thumbs/blankets/pacifiers passed their toddler years are emotionally neglected, but the Rod kids sure are.

• Love 10

Happy Birthday Kid, you are too old for Mom to care about anymore, on to the next one.

If you have gone 4 years without a kid and you have sex regularly (ewwwww on those 2 doing the deed) and no kid has appeared, chances are your babymaking days are over.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

If you have gone 4 years without a kid and you have sex regularly (ewwwww on those 2 doing the deed) and no kid has appeared, chances are your babymaking days are over.

Or it’s God’s will.  I guess it doesn’t count if it’s opposite of what one wants. Jill is SO blessed.

• Love 21

My grandma was about the age Jill is now when she had her last kid. Of course my grandma only had two other kids who were already teens at the time and her uterus must have been like 'sure why not, surprise!' while Jill's is like 'for the love of Plexus, I'm exhausted'.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

the saddest part for me was the video of Janessa playing some game and instead of looking at the game she had to keep turning and smiling at jill's phone. Sadly, she is trained to stop whatever and smile for BME's incessant filming.

• Love 1

It's just odd to see David engaged with one of his spawn. Lord Daniel help us if Jilldo ever gets knocked up again. She would claim it to be a miracle, but would she attribute the miracle to the Lord who is so good to her or to Plexus? 

• Love 3