Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

Man...that basement "apartment" is awful. It looks so dark and dirty. Nothing wrong with that for a typical basement storage area...but to live in as newlyweds? Yikes. If Jonathan actually has a job lined up, why would they not plan to rent a real apartment come November?

Plus she's likely to be knocked up by December. 

• Love 3

Jonathan has farming experience, and that's similar to landscaping and gutter cleaning in Jill's mind. She might be planning for Jon to join Tim's business, but the work is seasonal and doesn't seem to be supporting even Tim right now. Anyway, the prospect of working with Tim might be as unattractive as living in that dungeon with the musty carpets. 

Unless there's something awful about the Hill family, I hope Jonathan gets homesick and discouraged and decides to pull a headship and move Kaylee and himself back to familiar territory. One dark Ohio winter and two or three dinner trips for 16 at expensive restaurants might be enough to make this young man consider his options. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

This is like a bad accident I can't look away from. Maybe it's the angle, but does the mattress seem way to big for the headboard and bed frame? Like if you sat at the very edge of the bed it would not end well?

278152172_3096143220624010_5885299354069527892_n.jpg

I just pictured them falling off/flipping the mattress while boinking haha

• LOL 17
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill said they did the room before he moved. He probably wasn’t even in the state. I kind of wish it were a video with Not Nurie giving the tour and remarking that the bed was big. 😁

OMG.. that woman.. no words.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Since there's a stool/table blocking the mysterious Welcome Family & Friends door in that sad apartment,  the door probably leads to the furnace and water heater. The loose wires and overloaded outlet look like Shrek's handiwork. Does the place have a bathroom or at least a toilet? 

Jill must have cleared out the rug section of the local thrift shop. We'll soon find out if Jonathan has allergies. 

The bedroom setup suggests Kaylee will be moving in after the wedding. Even Nurie in the Keller's RV got a better start. She was at least above ground with windows. 

Johnathan needs to stop thinking that God is speaking to him in a high-pitched, baby-talking, female voice that sounds exactly like Jill Rodrigues's. 

20218A83-60CD-4C53-BEB8-78C097694213.jpeg

There is a bathroom 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

I think BME has a never ending supply of junk that she’s found/grifted and using it in Jon’s “apartment” frees up space for her to collect more. Hopefully this is temporary until the wedding. I’m guessing she coerced the church friends into a free living space for Jon sort of like the Bates did back in the day with Bobby Smith. Next thing he knew he’s married to Tori and living in the middle of his in-laws! Run Jonathan Run!

Nothing says "class" like 2 mismatched table lamps in the bedroom.  I get it.. they have no money (except for Jonathan's EXCELLENT job).  Lamps are expensive but come on!  When I moved into my first place I even scoured yard sales for MATCHING lamps. I'm kind of OCD like that but only when it comes to things that should be matched.  Go on Amazon (Oh, I forgot who I'm talking to (Jilly))

• Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Erin Bates might be feeling the pinch now that their show has been canceled because she is ramping up her SM and YouTube. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Bates, there really isn't a Duggar equivalent to Erin. She went from a frilly, helpless, 'dumb' (bouffant) blonde, to a fairly decent homemaker and cook and has maintained her Fundiness throughout, where some of her sisters haven't. So to me anyways, she's the last one I thought would go full-on SM queen.

On another note, I really think as far as SM image, Jessa thinks she comes off as an Erin Bates type Fundy, when really Jessa is more of a Joy when compared to Erin. Oh and one more thing, Erin's 6 year old son has started playing the piano, so I figure Spurgie is soon to be a master musician. 

So, another fundie whose headship doesn’t make enough to support his family?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 8

I wonder if this the the home of their "Amish friends"--hence the quilt.  What is the deal with Jill and throw rugs?  Maybe no surgery because she could not grift medical care.  Kaylee is wearing a normal dress which looks nice in the picture. (Poor girl)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder if this the the home of their "Amish friends"--hence the quilt.  What is the deal with Jill and throw rugs?  Maybe no surgery because she could not grift medical care.  Kaylee is wearing a normal dress which looks nice in the picture. (Poor girl)

Probably because of the cold, ugly, cement floor. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

So, another fundie whose headship doesn’t make enough to support his family?

It appears that way. Chad seems to be a very hard worker and has his own business, but maybe its not hugely profitable yet?

They do have five kids, but they live in a house smaller than Jessa's, so maybe they're looking for more income so they can move.

• Love 3

If this “apartment “ truly has no windows, it isn’t up to code and someone should report it to the housing authority. I don’t know about their area, but when I lived in California they took illegal apartments quite seriously ( a lot of people trying to rent out garages etc that weren’t up to code).

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

If this “apartment “ truly has no windows, it isn’t up to code and someone should report it to the housing authority. I don’t know about their area, but when I lived in California they took illegal apartments quite seriously ( a lot of people trying to rent out garages etc that weren’t up to code).

Our basement has window wells. Maybe this one does we just don't see it in pictures. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I would be concerned about reporting an illegal apartment because if the owner was forced to shut down that apartment the people living there may have no place to live.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Lots of Mennonite girls work outside the home too. My parents live near Shipshewana, IN (Amish tourist trap) and most of the restaurants and stores have Old Order Mennonite girls working at them. The Rise n’ Roll bakery has a ton. (They also have the best donuts ever. Seriously. If you’re ever that way, get a dozen. There’s a reason they’re called Amish Crack. 😂)

So, once again, Jilly is clueless about everything. Jill, if you want to emulate the Amish, try this - FEED YOUR KIDS!

I love those donuts!

(edited)
40 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I would be concerned about reporting an illegal apartment because if the owner was forced to shut down that apartment the people living there may have no place to live.

Better than allowing them to continue living somewhere unsafe. 🤷‍♀️ You could say the same about unsafe factory conditions, etc. Reporting them could get the place shut down and all of the employees could lose their jobs. But it’s better than continuing to work in unsafe conditions. In California, there were fires in some of these illegal apartments and people died.  The solution to the huge homeless crisis in this country is not turning our backs to illegal, unsafe homes or rentals.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I wonder if the bed is a mattress + box spring sitting on a frame, and the headboard is pretty much just propped up on the wall behind the bed, or somehow attached to the frame. IOW, the actual bed frame isn't original to the headboard. Which, along with that camera angle, would produce that odd look of the bed as so large compared to the headboard. Years ago I had a bedroom set that had come down through the family, with what had originally been a full sized bed. Somebody had adapted the bed frame to accommodate a queen mattress and box springs, and yes the headboard looked a bit small - but overall not as bad as the one in the photo. 

Mack and Mire for hire.  Half-ass job.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

We had a neighbor who had their basement divided into separate apartments! We were wondering why there seemed to always be someone new showing up at the house and so many cars in the driveway. The house ended up getting foreclosed. They took off with all the appliances, the water heater, the a/c unit, the counter tops, the flooring..... we found out about that and the apartments after my husband called the police about it being unsafe if someone squatted there. 

If there had been a fire when all those people lived there! Good Lord. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, beagletime said:

The garden hose is the shower.

I can feel the ice cold water already. 

That foreclosed house that had the apartments next to us, was running a garden house from a neighbor's house into the basement. The neighbor didn't know about it until they got their water bill. 

I wonder where this hose is attached. 

• LOL 3
21 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

They have no money to afford an actual apartment, so they live in a church member's basement. Christians helping Christians and all that shit. 

I was raised in a similar fashion, not quite as fundie, but close. God's Will directs every choice you make. I was once agonizing over a decision and telling a friend that I didn't know what God's Will was. They told me, "what if both options are God's Will, what if you have a choice over which one YOU want to do". I was 20 years old and dumbfounded because no one had ever told me that was an option. It was always "one decision God's Will and the other is wrong and you'd better make the right choice". And these decisions were about EVERYTHING, even minute details.

Anyways, now I'm an atheist. 😂

I thought fundie men were generally expected not to marry until they were able to support a wife and kids? Sounds like Jonathan isn’t there, yet. Or they could live closer to his family, where he could more easily find support and legal, safe housing.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Well in this instance I don't think that would be a problem - from the looks of it, it doesn't appear anyone was living in this basement before.

• Love 2
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Well in this instance I don't think that would be a problem - from the looks of it, it doesn't appear anyone was living in this basement before.

This is the basement of someone who goes to the Rods' church, isn't it? I bet Jilly bulldozed them into offering Jonathan a place to stay in their basement and then buzzed in to furnish/decorate it. Agreed, the "before" photos don't look like this was being used as a living space. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

When my daughter had her simple knee injury, she couldn't run.  In fact after the surgery, they had to get PT extended until she could run again.  

Jill is such a liar.  Perhaps she had a grade 1 sprain. 

I doubt she ran that mile. She just wanted to brag. 

• Love 6

I remember fondly that when I was around this kid’s age, I was running around with my mom trying to find things to decorate my college dorm room, (that dreaded Twin Long sheet) not some stranger’s basement. 

• Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Plus she's likely to be knocked up by December. 

EXACTLY.  2 adults and 1 infant in a basement with no windows.  JOY!!  My parents bought an old house (their first).  It had a cement and rat-infested basement (thank God I never saw that).. my mother was freaked out the whole time til they renovated.  I can't imagine in 2022 living like that.

Edited by Boston
forgot word
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I thought fundie men were generally expected not to marry until they were able to support a wife and kids? Sounds like Jonathan isn’t there, yet. Or they could live closer to his family, where he could more easily find support and legal, safe housing.

Oh sure that's the ideal. But it's much more important to get married and have babies. You pray that God will bring the right person into your life. Everything is about courtship and marriage. If they're broke but they love God then that's good enough! The Lord Will Provide, doncha know. In this case, by making someone feel bad for these poor kids and giving them basement shade.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Poor, silly Jonny. He could have taken NotNurie far, far away from that circus. I don't buy for one second how NotNurie loves her family sooooooo much that she couldn't bear to live far away from BME and GWE! She's been told that her whole life and does not know she has a choice. I really, really hope that is not their newlywed home, but I am afraid it is. Sad. And like someone said earlier, Jonny is going to be broke taking the whole famn damily out to the "Good" Olive Garden all the time.

I think Kaylee probably had thoughts and prayers about marrying and moving away before Nurie married Anna Duggar's brother. But then Kaylee had to suffer through that prolonged and dramatic mourning of Nurie leaving the fam and either was guilted into " surely god wouldn't want our family to experience such grief again when you marry" or she just didn't want to put her sibs though that again.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think Kaylee probably had thoughts and prayers about marrying and moving away before Nurie married Anna Duggar's brother. But then Kaylee had to suffer through that prolonged and dramatic mourning of Nurie leaving the fam and either was guilted into " surely god wouldn't want our family to experience such grief again when you marry" or she just didn't want to put her sibs though that again.

Sounds plausible to me.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill is absolutely horrible. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Boston said:

Nothing says "class" like 2 mismatched table lamps in the bedroom.  I get it.. they have no money (except for Jonathan's EXCELLENT job).  Lamps are expensive but come on!  When I moved into my first place I even scoured yard sales for MATCHING lamps. I'm kind of OCD like that but only when it comes to things that should be matched.  Go on Amazon (Oh, I forgot who I'm talking to (Jilly))

Jill only spends $ on herself. No matching lamps for Jon 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I can feel the ice cold water already. 

That foreclosed house that had the apartments next to us, was running a garden house from a neighbor's house into the basement. The neighbor didn't know about it until they got their water bill. 

I wonder where this hose is attached. 

Not to Jill’s house 😂

Shower looks tiny, good thing Jon is skinny. Shrek would not fit his gut in there. 

• LOL 12
13 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill only spends $ on herself. No matching lamps for Jon 

Except there are matching lamps. She just didn’t put them in the same room. It makes my minor OCD ache!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

How many times did she say God is SO good to me? Ugh, get bent, bitch.

I am so sick of her saying "God is SO GOOD to ME"!! She thinks she is this perfect woman and that is why God is so good to her. She doesn't really work, doesn't educate her children, barely feeds and cares for them. She takes multiple vacations a year and never pays for them. She takes from others without giving back and thinks only of herself. Thank goodness God is SO GOOD to her!!!

Jill has no idea what it is like in the REAL WORLD where people actually WORK, take CARE of their KIDS, and PAY their OWN WAY. Some of us have not been able to afford a vacation in 12 years.

She can go *&#@ herself!!!!! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Except there are matching lamps. She just didn’t put them in the same room. It makes my minor OCD ache!

If Jonathan is now living there alone, he only needs one bedside lamp. Jill is dumb.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

It looks like the big announcement is saying hello to spring and goodbye to winter with their new line of spring dresses. 

Yup…..

We are officially saying HELLO to SPRING and GOODBYE to WINTER with our new line of 🌷SPRING🌷 dresses!!! 

We have been so beyond excited about this LAUNCH and cannot wait for you all to see what we have for you for this season!🌸

Launch Date: Tuesday April 12th, 2022!🥳

• Useful 1
On 4/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, sagittarius sue said:

Yet another male with that ugly hair style, and the usual baggy pants!

Jill probably cut his hair the day of the wedding.  He has the same haircut as GWE.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think Kaylee gave a similar haircut to Jonathan awhile ago.

Yes, she did!  I’d forgotten all about that awful, AWFUL haircut.  He should’ve run to the hills and never looked back for that reason alone!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Boston said:

What on Gods green earth is Jonathan's EXCELLENT job??? (must be great since he lives in a basement).

FIRE IN THE KITCHEN in..3...2...1

So EXCELLENT that he cannot afford a real apartment in an area known for inexpensive housing?  I just checked and a typical 1 bedroom starter-type apartment in Wooster costs around 700 bucks a month.  And has windows and everything.

I didn't see a refrigerator or stove in that basement 'apartment'.  Wanna bet they don't have either?  Probably a hot plate, a microwave and a dorm fridge.  The sink in the 'kitchen' looks like a typical laundry utility sink.  Poor Kaylee.  What young bride wouldn't want to live in such a lovely place?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

So EXCELLENT that he cannot afford a real apartment in an area known for inexpensive housing?  I just checked and a typical 1 bedroom starter-type apartment in Wooster costs around 700 bucks a month.  And has windows and everything.

I didn't see a refrigerator or stove in that basement 'apartment'.  Wanna bet they don't have either?  Probably a hot plate, a microwave and a dorm fridge.  The sink in the 'kitchen' looks like a typical laundry utility sink.  Poor Kaylee.  What young bride wouldn't want to live in such a lovely place?

Jonathan and (whatever her name is Kaylee? I don't know) EXCELLENT adventure/ vacation.. living in a basement.  Maybe Jilly can make a movie.

• Love 1