Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

where would they ride them though? surely they would not be allowed to ride down a road or a bike trail without Jill there because some slut in shorts might also be out riding a bike and tempt the poor boys.

riding bikes around the garden graveyard wouldn't be much fun

I was an avid bicyclist when I was young, and recall the freedom I felt riding all around our NJ township.  I'm sure JillR doesn't want her kids having any feelings of being free.

• Love 2

Janessa looks like ET riding off into the night sky.*

*I've never actually watched ET, so I'm basing my assumption on the posters I have seen.*

I just can't with this bitch anymore...

• Love 10
22 hours ago, christine falls said:

Yep. Two of them in fact.  They went to Tessie and Hannah a few years ago. Unclear if they still have them or have passed them down to Olivia and Sadie. 

Or gave them to BME to put with her stuffed animal collection on the closet shelf.

Edited by farmgal4
Added words.
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Or gave them to BME to put with her stuffed animal collection on the closet shelf.

That’s exactly where they are. Jill is hoarding all the toys. No way her girls play with any new or nice toys.

Didn't they have bikes in West Virginia? I thought there was a video of the older Rodlets silently riding bikes around and around in a circle in their driveway. One of Jill's attempts to show how much the children love to play together and they are all best friends.

• Love 2

I do seem to recall a video of the older girls riding a bike with a wagon tied to it and they were giving the little girls rides in the wagon around the yard. but i might be thinking of the duggars or someone else.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Triple P said:

Didn't they have bikes in West Virginia? I thought there was a video of the older Rodlets silently riding bikes around and around in a circle in their driveway. One of Jill's attempts to show how much the children love to play together and they are all best friends.

It reminds me of convicts circling the yard during their exercise period.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I will say that despite some of the other "poetry" he has been exposed to ( just going by other things I've seen Jill post, on the assumption that she thinks they have merit), he does have a marginally better sense of meter than a lot of what's out there. He has taken some pains to give a sense of flow to the whole thing. 

Sorry - this was in reference to Phillip's poem a few pages back. I'm babysitting today, and didn't get a chance to notice how much further on this thread had gone.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I will say that despite some of the other "poetry" he has been exposed to ( just going by other things I've seen Jill post, on the assumption that she thinks they have merit), he does have a marginally better sense of meter than a lot of what's out there. He has taken some pains to give a sense of flow to the whole thing. 

Sorry - this was in reference to Phillip's poem a few pages back. I'm babysitting today, and didn't get a chance to notice how much further on this thread had gone.

Maybe if he had more opportunities, he could be a poet or a writer? Sadly, unless he breaks free, nope. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe the problem is the kids have no free time to play. Jill schedules a few activities like splashing in a drainage ditch for her photos and videos, but who knows what they do the rest of the time. Well, we know they stuff envelopes, dust plastic flowers, and plant rock gardens. 

Speaking of work, I wonder how Jill's Creamy Ivory shop is going? Maybe the pastor's wife is still standing at the booth waiting for Jill to return from her "quick errand."

The whole post made me lol, but especially the bolded part! 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Real hair or fake, Tessie's handiwork makes Jill's hair look far better than it usually does.  I'd pick any one of those styles over the usual crunchy-curl Aquanet fiasco she typically wears.

Rats nest like Michelle 

• Love 4

Wonder if the displays are extra items that have been stored in Jill's upstairs attic, or was she able to grift a gift card to Hobby Lobby to buy everything new?

Either way, the pictures make me want to sneeze.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Triple P said:

Yes, you’re right.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4C2C8F79-B14D-4D82-86D6-6DDAD6AE3C3D.jpeg

6692BB3F-0907-4212-B720-730AD3DAF584.jpeg

She outdid herself this year.  Not only is it extra-tacky, but it’s also nonsensical.  She’s displaying holidays way more than seasons.  I can’t believe people actually pay to attend that shit show.

• LOL 12
  • Love 10
On 3/24/2022 at 9:15 AM, Triple P said:

Maybe Jill sold the bikes in her farewell WV yard sale. That's how she got rid of the family cat. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4C2C8F79-B14D-4D82-86D6-6DDAD6AE3C3D.jpeg

6692BB3F-0907-4212-B720-730AD3DAF584.jpeg

Future wedding decorations. 

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

She outdid herself this year.  Not only is it extra-tacky, but it’s also nonsensical.  She’s displaying holidays way more than seasons.  I can’t believe people actually pay to attend that shit show.

And for some cheap candy in a goodie bag. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Future wedding decorations. 

And for some cheap candy in a goodie bag. 

I agree that the decorations are more holiday themed than season themed. I thought she had used the "Seasons" theme for the retreat last year???? Maybe not. Maybe they just all refer to "seasons of life" so much that I have it confused.

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I agree that the decorations are more holiday themed than season themed. I thought she had use the "Seasons" theme for the retreat last year???? Maybe not. Maybe they just all refer to "seasons of life" so much that I have it confused.

I think she did use it last year too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm sure she spent the money from the ticket sales on all that crap if she didn't have it already. This was she gets new crap and the guests get loose jelly beans. 

1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

It looks so cheap, tacky and tasteless. Well that’s Jilldo in a nutshell…

And overdone! 

• Love 3

What year did Jill make her sister Amy--the QUADRIPLEGIC--the theme of the retreat? I remember that Jill wrote a book about Amy, and Chunk printed it. The "book" was stapled, and everyone who attended got a copy in all its rambling, error-riddled glory.  

Jill is the glorious queen of tacky. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

She got vendor tables. Guess who will be selling plexus? And probably her book 🙄

I saw a lot of chairs. At least 50. That many women want to PAY $ to see Jill? Are they all brain damaged?

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Jill sold the bikes in her farewell WV yard sale. That's how she got rid of the family cat. 

The cat might be having a better life now. It certainly had a horrible Life with Jilldo and Chunky hunk.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Perhaps some of the clutter will make an appearance at the wedding of Not Nurie #1...

Wedding is supposedly in November so commit the fall decorations to memory! 😆

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Jill clearly has never heard the saying, "Less is more." 

It's like she blindfolded herself and threw the shit and where it landed, looked good to her.

Edited by Madtown
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

Love the sign for this year's retreat with the lopsided, mismatched letters and numbers. Isn't Hunk a professional printer? Why did the main sign for Jill's life-changing event become a little kids' dining room table project? 

I hope no one scrimped and saved grocery money to attend this retreat, expecting it to be professional in any way. 

If the Holy Spirit does show up, he/she/it/they will probably take off quickly for a dip in the hotel pool. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

What year did Jill make her sister Amy--the QUADRIPLEGIC--the theme of the retreat? I remember that Jill wrote a book about Amy, and Chunk printed it. The "book" was stapled, and everyone who attended got a copy in all its rambling, error-riddled glory.  

Jill is the glorious queen of tacky. 

That was 2017, with this lovely announcement written by Jill:

”We are happy to announce that Jill Rodrigues (ministry wife and mother to 12), Amy Foster (quadriplegic and wife and mother to 6) and Angie Hillegass (wife and mother to 7) will be speaking at a ladies’ retreat(coordinated by Jill Rodrigues) on October 20th – 21stof this year! ”

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Well isn’t it nice to be known as a quadriplegic only (said sarcastically). Nothing else about Amy is important according to Jill.

Jill is such a mean/nasty witch. Wouldn’t it be nice if all she is known by is her SEVERELY injured knee and selling poison and starving her PRECIOUS children ?

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 2