Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, it looked like a luncheon, no gifts in sight.

They all looked to be having fun and what a huge spread of food. In one of the last pics they show a guest of honor chair next to what looks to be a gift table.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They all looked to be having fun and what a huge spread of food. In one of the last pics they show a guest of honor chair next to what looks to be a gift table.

Oh, I missed that! I was concentrating more on the kids since we don't see much of them 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

This party is certainly nicer than anything the Duggars or Rodriguii manage to pull together. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

He looks exactly like the kind of creepy guy who’d have no problem messing around with a fourteen-year-old.

I was going to say he looks like Richard Ramirez in those photos.

• Love 22
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

AFC0A434-6CB1-44B4-9C07-60E0DEE703AF.jpeg

holy cow LOOK at how long that sinful satanic hair was on GWE! 

I am also highly amused that there is a picture here of him opening his mouth wide for a burger…

Edited by LilJen
Argh, can’t get my comments out of the quote
  • LOL 6
16 hours ago, Turquoise said:

I thought fundy families were all about matching...TFDW couldn't bust out a pink shirt?

I was going to say, that I can’t believe he was ok with the boys wearing pink because he surely wasn’t wearing it. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

She will finish the book once her SEVERELY injured knee heals up 😂

What about the album or whatever they recorded in the "professional" music studio? Is Jill's SEVERELY torn knee holding that up too? 

Isn't Jill's book advice to young women? I'm not sure I'd put pictures of hunk--then or now--in a book geared to young women unless the advice is to stay away from older boys who pursue underaged girls.  

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

He is NOT handsome! Never was, never is, never will be. Maybe he had a sparkling personality? 

If he did, it's long, long gone. 

• LOL 6
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Dave looks vacant even in the younger days. He always looked dull/ no personality. 

I agree, he is kind of a dud. No wonder he went after a 14 year old. Women his own age were not interested is this lump. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

He is NOT handsome! Never was, never is, never will be. Maybe he had a sparkling personality? 

I agree that David has never been handsome.  Jill went for David because he was the most "exotic" looking white man she could find.  Jill did not want any of the pasty-ass white boys she grew up with, but she was too much of a racist to date outside her race.  She pretty much has admitted this.  Also, a Latino would have been a step too far for Jill.  Just look at her correcting anyone who misspells the Rodrigues last name.

• Love 12

I can't get over her sharing the unflattering picture of him eating in a breathless tribute to his younger self AND her writing the caption in the third person like it's not her. Okay, Jill. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Was Jill the first of the sisters to get married? If so, maybe she saw Hunk as a way to upstage the rest of the gang. Quantity over quality. 

HUNK is quite  a catch 🙄. Haha a lazy grifter who only cares about his stomach. 

• LOL 3
29 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Maybe she thinks an "s" makes a difference. Otherwise, I view any claim he's not Latino, as misapplied snark. 

If I saw him in a store etc I’d think he’s a a Latin guy. 

Bottom line I don’t care that he is not a HUNK I care that he is a bad provider for his kids.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

If I am reading this right, Bringing Up Bates has been cancelled. 😲

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY49nE2MppR/?utm_medium=copy_link

What a weird way of saying that! "We will not be premiering season 11..." Does that mean that season 11 was filmed, but they aren't airing it, leaving the production company free to air it elsewhere? Was it not filmed and they don't want to say, "we cancelled this show" because we're going out of the reality TV business.

But whatever the reason, good. Be gone!

• Love 13
Just now, Girl in a Cardigan said:

What a weird way of saying that! "We will not be premiering season 11..." Does that mean that season 11 was filmed, but they aren't airing it, leaving the production company free to air it elsewhere? Was it not filmed and they don't want to say, "we cancelled this show" because we're going out of the reality TV business.

But whatever the reason, good. Be gone!

Yeah, they had Nathan and Katie's weddings in the can. At least. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

I think they got a lot of blowback from the George Floyd video. 

Good! There goes whatever was left of Lawson’s “career.” Also, no TV wedding for Tiffy and Lawson. Looks like Alyssa, Carlin, Whitney, Josie, and Katie (long shot?) will be in the best position as influencers. Not looking good for the men. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Do we know how old he was at the time?  

I think it's a 5 or 6 year age difference.

Just now, crazy8s said:

Lawson and Trace being "tourists" in D.C. last Jan didn't help them either

They let that slide though, despite complaints.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Guess Jill’s parents were desperate to unload her if they were okay with her dating a much older guy while being underage.

I know their first kiss was at the wedding but they were making googly eyes at each other way before she was 18

• LOL 3