Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

In Jill Rod world women are not allowed to wear winter hats? 

I’d like to know because if so, why are hoodies acceptable? I have a few of those knit scarves that have a hood attached. They’re cheap, but they’re much more warm (and feminine) than a hooded sweatshirt. Tessie’s only wearing a jean jacket on top of hers and the little girls are dressed like roadside fortune tellers.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Probably so. But jeans and shorts can look young and cute too and she freaks out when women wear them. 

She might not like her hips, waistline or even legs and pants would reveal any flaws she perceives. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Was Renee praying to have a baby named Charlotte?  Otherwise who is Charlotte?

and how on earth would 3 yr old Janessa know Charlotte is not a girl, but is a spider??

ah.. I didn't listen long enough. once Jill starts her cackling laughter I bail.

so the kids can watch movies on the map or on that old portable tv with the built in vcr that used to be in their old prayer closet. It's probably crammed in that mess of a closet somewhere.

but Charlotte's Web for the rod kids?

11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

ah.. I didn't listen long enough. once Jill starts her cackling laughter I bail.

so the kids can watch movies on the map or on that old portable tv with the built in vcr that used to be in their old prayer closet. It's probably crammed in that mess of a closet somewhere.

but Charlotte's Web for the rod kids?

Janessa saw it. She made crawling spider legs with her fingers when referring to Charlotte. She definitely made the connection.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Probably so. But jeans and shorts can look young and cute too and she freaks out when women wear them. 

My guess HUNK stares at “sluttish women” 😂. Jill is jealous! After 13 kids her body is saggy and wrinkly…

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 1/14/2022 at 8:44 AM, crazy8s said:

seems like it's just about time for Hilaria, her fam and all her boy pets to be off snowboarding in CO. I think mid to late Jan. is when they went last year.

Please let me know when so I don't run into them. 

• LOL 3

TimRod got another traffic citation, on January 3. He rear ended a car that had stopped to let an ambulance pass. He had started to slow down, but was following too close and couldn't stop in time. Sounds like it was minor, no injurues or major damage. 

That's his 4th issue since August 2020. Speeding ticket, no seat belt citation, accident after he fell asleep, now a fender bender. 

1 minute ago, riverblue22 said:

Fundies have been doing that hands-on-the-belly pose for a long time.  And none of these chicks are even pregnant!

If Jill was married, she was pregnant. She has something like 3 sets of Irish twins from Nurie down to about Tessie.

In my area, I still don't see kids in the grocery store. The Bates sisters, on the other hand, bring their kids when they don't have to. There's still a pandemic, right? Sometimes I think I'm one of a few sane folks, then other times I start thinking I'm too cautious.

Are the Bates/Rods/Duggars pandemic fools, or has everyone else just said fuck it, too?

• Love 14

I see quite young children at the grocery store, last week one mother was unmasked also. I just don't get this. Denial of COVID doesn't protect you, it just rewires your brain to accept all COVID denial memes and allows you to be so *shocked* when they or their child come down with a case.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

“Daniella” from the market didn’t run away screaming at the sight of her holy pointy chin Jilldo? Wonder what food was bought for HUNK only.

343D048C-7E64-4204-A7B2-A87CB78BAAC4.jpeg

this person's fb page showed they were a small family type market doing a last day, going out of business sale. everything 50% off. so we know why jilly was there. Since she was just meeting Jrod, the rods obviously had not shopped there before.  It seems a small place that had a dollar general built right near it,  between that, covid, chain stores and grocery delivery services, they could no longer compete. ☹️

Sadly, I fear the poor woman will be selling Plexus soon....

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In my area, I still don't see kids in the grocery store. The Bates sisters, on the other hand, bring their kids when they don't have to. There's still a pandemic, right? Sometimes I think I'm one of a few sane folks, then other times I start thinking I'm too cautious.

Are the Bates/Rods/Duggars pandemic fools, or has everyone else just said fuck it, too?

I work at a grocery store and see kids of all ages in there all the time, majority without masks. People bring their entire family to the store during snow storms and extreme low temperatures as well. 

I'm not in a fundie heavy area either, I live in a very liberal college town. 

Edited by galaxygirl76

I agree with whomever said that HUNK is the most unattractive man in that pic.  He looks thinner then, but blimped out to become not just MWE*, but GWE.  Jilldo has to have the spotlight, every time.

*man with ears

9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill is the STAR and the SEVERELY prettiest one ( in her mind anyway)

Yaass, and no one better ever forget it!

• LOL 7
19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I agree with whomever said that HUNK is the most unattractive man in that pic.  He looks thinner then, but blimped out to become not just MWE*, but GWE.  Jilldo has to have the spotlight, every time.

*man with ears

Yaass, and no one better ever forget it!

That was me 👋

• Love 1
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

this person's fb page showed they were a small family type market doing a last day, going out of business sale. everything 50% off. so we know why jilly was there. Since she was just meeting Jrod, the rods obviously had not shopped there before.  It seems a small place that had a dollar general built right near it,  between that, covid, chain stores and grocery delivery services, they could no longer compete. ☹️

Sadly, I fear the poor woman will be selling Plexus soon....

So the store is shutting down and Jill "Can't wait to see how God leads the future of your store" uhhhhh...

Jill Rod, providing excellent arguments for atheism since ??? (Can't be bothered to look it up).

Edited by satrunrose
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I see some kids in grocery stores here, but less than before the pandemic. It really depends on which store, TBH. In some cases, I know parents don’t have much of a choice, but they should still be masked. Kids are little vectors of disease. The Bates are sickening deniers who don’t care about others and I hope they’re exposed by the coming documentary about IBLP.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 12
On 1/15/2022 at 11:02 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

He'll still have a car. I wouldn't put it past him to drive with a suspended license. 

Not a good idea if his license is suspended.  Many police departments have a system that will alert a nearby squad car if a owner of a vehicle driving in the area has a suspended, revoked DL, etc.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That is a big to do for baby number 6. 

Totally forgot Pris was expecting Baby Number Whatever. In my world, we only have baby showers for the first baby. What on earth could she possible need that she doesn’t already have?

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Totally forgot Pris was expecting Baby Number Whatever. In my world, we only have baby showers for the first baby. What on earth could she possible need that she doesn’t already have?

We only do with the first as well. I could see another if "surprise, its twins" or similar. 

Close friends and family  might buy a nice gift or an updated item for the second, but this seemed a bit much. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

In my world, we only have baby showers for the first baby. What on earth could she possible need that she doesn’t already have?

I was thinking the same thing.  She has two girls already so I imagine she has lots of clothes.  We know Jillrod has grifted several showers.  Perhaps this is her first baby while at this church.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I was thinking the same thing.  She has two girls already so I imagine she has lots of clothes.  We know Jillrod has grifted several showers.  Perhaps this is her first baby while at this church.

And maybe the ladies in the congregation wanted to throw her a big party? 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

JillRod grifts showers for HERSELF, not for baby. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think it probably is a lack of sleep combined with arrogance. 

And no proper drivers education to start.

4 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Not a good idea if his license is suspended.  Many police departments have a system that will alert a nearby squad car if a owner of a vehicle driving in the area has a suspended, revoked DL, etc.

Isn’t Jill a HUGE supporter of “law and order?” 🤨 Surely she would never let Tim drive without a license or insurance? /s

• LOL 5
  • Love 3