Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Speaking of clutter, I think Jill's staircase is too big and heavy for the space. It cuts the room in half and wastes usable area where the ell juts out. Half the seating has to face the stairs because there's no other place to put it. To me, Jill wasted a lot of the kids' food money on the monster that ate the barndo addition. Personally, I don't like open risers either because they trigger my fear of heights, but that's probably just me. 

I agree with the part about the stairs. The room would’ve looked a lot bigger if they ended next to the watchable map. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I agree with the part about the stairs. The room would’ve looked a lot bigger if they ended next to the watchable map. 

The stairs are legitimately the focal point of the room.  That's certainly a choice, I guess?  🤣

• LOL 12
12 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

There are some bare areas on the staircase.  Wait until she decorates that as well!

Those are called steps, and Jill will fill them with pots of fake flowers, cheap stuffed animals, and other junk as soon as she gets another windfall. Good luck Nurie holding Nemo trying to get to the upstairs attic room. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Outdoor stairs to the attic would have been nice and private for guests.  And they would have had a decent family room.  Although I guess there is no bathroom upstairs, which is unfortunate.  Maybe a bathroom could have been built in the space taken up by the indoor stair landing.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Outdoor stairs to the attic would have been nice and private for guests.  And they would have had a decent family room.  Although I guess there is no bathroom upstairs, which is unfortunate.  Maybe a bathroom could have been built in the space taken up by the indoor stair landing.

Just moving it off to the side of the room and not having the big turn at the bottom would've alleviated the situation.  There's a reason why most builders don't put staircases in the center of rooms.  The room is essentially divided in half by the thing which seems wider than necessary, too.  Considering the size of the family, divvying up the room with stairs was a dumb idea.  Typical Jill, she would think a set of stairs was an architectural feature to be highlighted.

If you look at the photos of the upstairs, it seems like the stairs come up in the middle of the room, too.  Once again, it is a bad use of space.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Just moving it off to the side of the room and not having the big turn at the bottom would've alleviated the situation.  There's a reason why most builders don't put staircases in the center of rooms.  The room is essentially divided in half by the thing which seems wider than necessary, too.  Considering the size of the family, divvying up the room with stairs was a dumb idea.  Typical Jill, she would think a set of stairs was an architectural feature to be highlighted.

If you look at the photos of the upstairs, it seems like the stairs come up in the middle of the room, too.  Once again, it is a bad use of space.

For how little the upstairs space is going to be used, a spiral staircase (which I don't typically like) would make total sense here. It could be back in the corner near the TV, out of the way and would enter the top floor in the back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Maybe Jill was envious of the grand staircases she'd seen in hotels and big restaurants in the area and wanted the same for her little patch of barndo hell. A builder wasn't going to turn down her request to spend extra money on a big vanity project.

• Love 12

A place that will sleep that many people isn’t going to be cheap. Most rentals aren’t going to let 14+ people cram into a 3 or even 4 bedroom.

I have a place I Airbnb and Jillpm seems like she would be a nightmare guest. Probably the type that asks for a discount and expects that I’ll leave open dates while she thinks it over or something. They’ll probably leave the place a complete mess too. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Trillium said:

A place that will sleep that many people isn’t going to be cheap. Most rentals aren’t going to let 14+ people cram into a 3 or even 4 bedroom.

I have a place I Airbnb and Jillpm seems like she would be a nightmare guest. Probably the type that asks for a discount and expects that I’ll leave open dates while she thinks it over or something. They’ll probably leave the place a complete mess too. 

JillR likely wrestles with bragging about how many kids she has, or ignoring the number to be able to sneak them in. Fundy world dilemmas.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

I was hoping someone in the comments would ask if she needed a place with ADA access given her SEVERELY injured knee that "may" need surgery.....or maybe something like would they needed it before or after kaylee's wedding?....🤣 🤣🤣

their entire belief system is the "lord will provide". maybe they should all be on their knees praying extra hard for some sucker to offer up a vacation place for 18 people.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

She likely changed the locks and told Nathan 'don't even try'.

I understand that there's now a moat with alligators in it...all because of Jill Rod!  SMH

Edited by SJC
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1

in the comments to Jilly's post asking for ideas was this one

"Israel ok maybe not to affordable but definitely fun you can catch jewish fish(you know fishers of men)lol"

also someone suggested Disney World 🤣

to add - looked up the person who posted - it's a guy from a "ministry" who's mission is witnessing to those of the Jewish faith.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

But see what an “old fashion” neato staircase it is!

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That's over $200.00 in stamps alone. Where does JillR find the money for this? And was she really stamping each envelope with a smiley face?

This whole project probably was a homeschool activity. The Rodlets really looked thrilled. Isn’t the smiley face thing their printing ministry? So JillR would consider this the most important part of the process.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

This whole project probably was a homeschool activity. The Rodlets really looked thrilled. Isn’t the smiley face thing their printing ministry? So JillR would consider this the most important part of the process.

You are so kind to think JillR used her child labor as a homeschool project.

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Lolz get off the phone and raise your rodlets 

69207758-3150-40BA-848E-D7AA6FFB26BC.jpeg

I'm sorry, what is Jill lecturing us about now?  This from a woman who does nothing BUT post pictures from everywhere she goes including churches, funerals and hospitals...and she's telling us heathens that if we go out for fun and post pictures, we should be working from our phones instead?  Because she's such a hard grifter worker?  Whatever, weirdo.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
On 1/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, 3 is enough said:

There’s an angel and a little frame that appears to say “You are my sunshine” ON TOP OF THE TOILET. Tacky, tacky, tacky. 

Late to the game here, but this reminded me of a meme. I think we should send this sign to Jill for the toilet:

Screenshot_20220111-095230~2.png

• LOL 24
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Bare feet in January?

7B90580A-52B2-4CC7-A593-045CC23F7B20.jpeg

Bare feet in January in an uninsulated, unheated room. You think Jill, the Plexus Success, who needs and deserves a fancy vacation with her useless husband, could find some cheap slippers for her children to wear around the house. The charity stores that sell the awful skirts and baggy dresses must have footwear too. People wore slippers in the 1990's, after all. 

Child appears to have Hobbit feet in the photo, maybe from being barefoot so much. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Bare feet in January in an uninsulated, unheated room. You think Jill, the Plexus Success, who needs and deserves a fancy vacation with her useless husband, could find some cheap slippers for her children to wear around the house. The charity stores that sell the awful skirts and baggy dresses must have footwear too. People wore slippers in the 1990's, after all. 

Child appears to have Hobbit feet in the photo, maybe from being barefoot so much. 

The Rodlet girls are always barefoot, I guess JillR is preparing them for a lifetime of being barefoot and pregnant.

• Love 1

i don't usually watch Jilly's nonsense with the sound on, but I did this time. While the kids are working, daddy is laying in his recliner wrapped in a blanket watching some thing about being a good father. How to teach them by example if you want them to learn something and something else about a father's job is to cheer their children on..... 🙄

• LOL 20