Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Gosh, that Bradley is so freaking cute. I can't tell who Kaci looks like at this point, but I'm leaning more towards Zach. Whitney looks incredible for someone who had a baby a few weeks ago. 

I wonder if Michael was just more feverishly obsessed with getting married and now that she has the monkey off her back, she has a more relaxed attitude towards getting pregnant. I'm surprised Brandon hasn't knocked her up just to give her something to do. Michael strikes me as a Jill type where her entire day revolves around her husband's schedule. I can't see her making friends or developing hobbies on her own in Chicago. 

The poster at FJ who knows the Bates kids knows Michael and Erin best of all. She's had many conversations with Michael, and girlfriend is all-in where Gothard's teachings are concerned. She wants her own little quiverfull. She also mentioned that Michael says that she "prays for her," something even Erin refrains from doing. (This young woman cashed out of ATI a few years ago, while in college.) She says that she and Erin mostly talk about more superficial, girly stuff, although she admits that she doesn't talk to them nearly as much as she used to.  

She also admits to having a HUGE crush on ZACH. She said he was basically the "perfect Christian boy." She said Lawson was too loud (never liked him), and Nathan too young. 

• Love 3

(the above may have come from an imposter.. identity verification is currently under advisement at FJ)

HOWEVER, it's come to my attention that Gil Bates had to be knee deep in all of the sexual harrassment allegations and cover-up. If you click the following link, then download taxes from fiscal year 2012, Gil Bates, Stephen Paine, and the York guy (what now remains of the current board) were added to the staff. You can find them listed on page 8. So Lawson, your cries of innocence are falling on deaf ears here, hon. Your daddy was in this up to this eyeballs. 

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/366108515

• Love 3

Is this supposed "friend" legit? Truly, her description of Alyssa et all matches mine and I don't know them from Adam.

I'm rather inclined to think that Michaela is struggling very badly with not being pregnant, she's bound to be. She must feel terrible when her sister and sister-in-law keep getting pregnant.

I have a feeling if she doesn't have kids or maybe moving forward anyhow, she may crack at some point. She is far too much into the kool aid and carries a somehwat "mad" streak in her, with the way she went after her fella, that was just plain creepy at times.

• Love 4

I noticed on the last BUB episode, the chili dinner, Michael's middle was always covered with a child being held.  Or else other family members squeezed around her.  I had the distinct impression that she looked nauseous (morning sickness??) when up on stage singing at the fire charity.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I have a feeling if she doesn't have kids or maybe moving forward anyhow, she may crack at some point. She is far too much into the kool aid and carries a somehwat "mad" streak in her, with the way she went after her fella, that was just plain creepy at times.

Michael made Glenn Close's Fatal Attraction character seem tame in comparison. She damn near gave Tori a beat down when Tori grabbed Brandon's arm during a family outing. Methinks there's a little cray cray behind those frumpy jumpers and baby tee's.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Michael made Glenn Close's Fatal Attraction character seem tame in comparison. She damn near gave Tori a beat down when Tori grabbed Brandon's arm during a family outing. Methinks there's a little cray cray behind those frumpy jumpers and baby tee's.

Grabbing someone's arm is not a big deal for most people...except for Fundies where everything they've never been allowed to do until certain conditions are met is a big freaking deal.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Is this supposed "friend" legit? Truly, her description of Alyssa et all matches mine and I don't know them from Adam.

The Free Jinger mods have deactivated this "friend's" account because they were unable to verify her information at this time.  Since this person was answering questions put to her in the forum very quickly, it was suspicious that she refused to acknowledge PM's from the mods.  Chances are the 'friend' is a troll.

• Love 6

I only give her a pass (for now) since it takes newbies at ANY forum to figure out stuff like messaging. I post on another forum here- and you wouldn't believe how many long-time posters still can't find the messages or notifications.

FJ assumes you have read their exhaustive list of rules. I've been a member since @2008 but can't even tell you where to find them. I will await a decision on this one. She may have gone to bed after she posted; it was pretty late on the east coast. I know I haven't responded to PMs there for days, because FJ isn't a daily stop for me, and the mods seem to assume everyone is there as often as they are. /endFJrant

• Love 6
On 7/16/2016 at 2:14 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I only give her a pass (for now) since it takes newbies at ANY forum to figure out stuff like messaging. I post on another forum here- and you wouldn't believe how many long-time posters still can't find the messages or notifications.

FJ assumes you have read their exhaustive list of rules. I've been a member since @2008 but can't even tell you where to find them. I will await a decision on this one. She may have gone to bed after she posted; it was pretty late on the east coast. I know I haven't responded to PMs there for days, because FJ isn't a daily stop for me, and the mods seem to assume everyone is there as often as they are. /endFJrant

FJ mods need lives like I need a million dollars. Badly.

• Love 4
On 7/16/2016 at 1:14 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah i've been at FJ about that long too, I usually ignore PMS and half the time I dont even log in...Anyway off topic I know but I am so glad I have this forum because while FJ usually has the most in depth info they go horribly off topic

Anyway How long as Michaela been married? Has it been a year? She seems more private than Erin so I wonder if she has the same clotting disorder and just chooses not to discuss her health. 

• Love 2

She's been married 11 months as of this past Friday. She may be early stage pregnant, but going to announce on the show. If she's like her sisters, she will carry super small and be able to hide it behind her frumpery for months.

• Love 2

I get that Zach is a cop, and there have been several shootings of cops lately, and it sucks. But REALLY, Lawson? I get it at a rally, but just around the house feeding an infant? I guess he's moved on from fake cowboy to fake cop. Whatever will propel him to fame! 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I get that Zach is a cop, and there have been several shootings of cops lately, and it sucks. But REALLY, Lawson? I get it at a rally, but just around the house feeding an infant? I guess he's moved on from fake cowboy to fake cop. Whatever will propel him to fame! 

Eh its a little weird that he is wearing his brothers badge while feeding a baby- but I think he is just trying to show support to police. A lot of law enforcement families are really nervous right now. 

Maybe he WAS playing cop with Jud and Jeb, or maybe he's wearing it in support of the cops in Dallas and Baton Rouge. Regardless, it's nice seeing a man feeding his niece. In the Duggar household that's always left to the womenfolk. 

• Love 12

My, my, times have changed. Is that a monogrammed burpee / spit up cloth?.  I'm hoping it is a blanket,  it looks way  too pretty to be used as a spit up catcher.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Clemgo3165 said:

Maybe he WAS playing cop with Jud and Jeb, or maybe he's wearing it in support of the cops in Dallas and Baton Rouge. Regardless, it's nice seeing a man feeding his niece. In the Duggar household that's always left to the womenfolk. 

Oh, I agree on all accounts. I just wanted to point out that it wasn't a real badge. I don't think anyone here supports the killing of cops, and I already said that I understood why the Bateses would be super into the movement. It's just that Lawson is known for doing stuff like this for attention. Good on him for knowing how to hold and feed a baby. As you said, at least in their house, boys seem to share in some of those duties, which is refreshing, given their generally strict adherence to "traditional" gender roles. 

• Love 1

LOL, we're ALL wrong. It was pointed out to me on Instagram by a person far more astute than I that all he's wearing is a stupid Western belt buckle. THAT makes sense. 

That monogrammed burpee, tho! (although here I acknowledge that fans send them stuff all the time. A friend of mine is starting up an Etsy store and sent Alyssa a diaper bag that she actually posted on her Instagram)

• Love 3

There's a lot of leg showing here, both naked and clothed. I'm thinking Jessa might hopefully be less stringent about "modesty" than her parents. Could you imagine this picture being taken a decade ago? I can see Jessa's collarbones! And her knees! Even the woman in the maxi skirt is showing her shoulders.

• Love 6
(edited)

Marjorie's articulate enough. Maybe SHE is the one who will write the tell-all one day. Not soon enough, though. Girl is TOTES indoctrinated. She and Sierra are posting their 30 Days of Bible Lettering this month. While Marge shows talent, Sierra's offerings are both sad (talentwise) and arrogant (in the verses she chooses). 

Edited by Sew Sumi

RE: a possible imposter on FJ

Sometimes I think about going to that Big Sandy homeschool conference just to see what's going on.  I was IFB and could attend so easily...I homeschool and I'm not IFB but I still look it if I try a bit. 

I would love to meet the Duggars, Bates etc and give you a full report. I did meet the Maxwell women many years ago and they were actually pleasant..although their blog shows crazy. (I think Steve is the lunatic in that family)

I would just love to go...I tried to talk my husband into my idea but that was a no-go. ;) 

• Love 12

It's not all skirts and polos for the guys anymore, unless you enroll your kids in the various "academies" they have which have various dress codes.

The main obstacle is the cost. It looks like it can get prohibitive, even before adding in transportation, lodging, costs for kids' "uniforns," etc.

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I want a Sierra vs Marge death match. I bet those two are amazing frenemies.

Ooooh, chile, yessss!!! I'm picturing a Showgirls-style shove down a flight of stairs if they're ever told there's only room for one guest famewhore on the show.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

Question: Why are Sierra's girls in "modest wear" suits, rather than "normal" baby suits, while her boys get to wear regular trunks with no tops? It's obvious that she's not about sun protection. Why the double-standard? 

Could those possibly be onesie shirts? They're legs aren't covered. Two of the boys look like they're wearing regular shorts. Maybe she just pulled skirts off the girls and shirts off the boys.

• Love 2
(edited)

My childless state strikes again! I didn't know they made onesies for toddlers, so if that's indeed what that top is, I imagine that's what she did. With boy's trunks, it's impossible to tell them from real shorts, so that's anyone's best guess, and with her pretty much ANYthing is possible. LOL

eta: I wonder if she puts shirts on the boys and skirts on the girls when they go to swim at the Duggars' Pool House (because you know they've been there)? It's just so shocking to see a fundie boy of ANY age without the requisite tee shirt. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sierra puts EVERY.FUCKING.THING she does on social media. She hasn't been seen with a Duggar for what, three or four days now? And that was Jessa. 

What, 3 or 4 days without being seen with a Duggar, I smell a big Internet FU on its way!!

I learned the hard way not to conment, except for Famy (only in very special circumstances). I thought the same thing when I saw that picture. 

Fundies don't seem to have a Danger boundary. e.g. pretty much everything we see the Duggars or Bates kids do. Get your head stuck in a banister? Laugh your ads off. Fall into an orchestra pit while playing where you shouldn't? Film it! The Bateses film stupid stunts the boys do that are quite dangerous. Now, this beaded bracelet so the world knows that her latest speshul snowflake is female. Ugh.

• Love 2

I just looked at the picture and I think Kaci shares a strong resemblance to Carlin, especially through the eyes and nose. She definitely looks more Bates-ish, where I think Bradley is a blend of his parents. I'm generally not a fan of jewelry on babies, particularly for the reason that Munich mentioned.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Does Sierra actually get paid, or are her services a "love offering"?

I think Sierra hates being around her kids and serving as the Duggars' gopher gives her the perfect excuse to get out of the house. I don't think she gets paid, unless she collects a fee from appearing on the show.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Does Sierra actually get paid, or are her services a "love offering"?

Can't imagine Boob paying for anything other than doomed political campaign 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

Don't know if its true, but someone else said that it's her "ministry." 

It is. I don't want to go into much detail because it's the wrong thread, but yeah, early in her marriage, her husband demanded she find "a ministry," and that's what she came up with. 

4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It is. I don't want to go into much detail because it's the wrong thread, but yeah, early in her marriage, her husband demanded she find "a ministry," and that's what she came up with. 

LET ME AT HIM. He doesn't think cooking and cleaning and popping out five kids for him by what, 26 years old is enough of a "ministry"? Really?

I do not condone physical violence in any relationship but he is lucky that he has not met the business end of a cast-iron frying pan or something by now.

• Love 10

Actually, he did this when she was about 19, before she had her first. There was a power imbalance in play besides just gender; he just turned 35, so he's basically 10 years her senior. But yeah, FUCK HIM. 

(although in the end, HE is paying for all the materials that she's "donating" to whoever)

31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Actually, he did this when she was about 19, before she had her first. There was a power imbalance in play besides just gender; he just turned 35, so he's basically 10 years her senior. But yeah, FUCK HIM. 

(although in the end, HE is paying for all the materials that she's "donating" to whoever)

Maybe Sierra is taking her resentment out on the Duggars by planning embarrassingly bad events for them. You just know she's massively jealous of Duggar fame and money while she's stuck with what's-his-name and a gaggle of little kids. 

• Love 2