Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

You know, the ending where the two girls are playing the little flutes and singing Amazing Grace would not have been so bad if Jill had not insisted on trilling along in the background trying to harmonize.  She should keep quiet and stick to the banjo - no singing and no clomping along on the piano like she is playing with mittens on.  She ruined the whole thing. 

So were those people walking around just random folks milling about, or was the audience actually walking out?   Because that is sort of what it looks like right at the end, lol.  That is, if anyone here could actually make it all the way to the end of the video to see.

• Love 2

JillyR sounds like a dog howling at the moon, but, of course, she has to be the center of attention because--Jesus narcissist. David sounds just as bad but is not the camera hog his wife is. Just play the banjo and shut up, Jill. 

Wow--the video of the printing shop tour is coming. Who wouldn't want to see that? 

What a piece of work this woman is. 

• Love 2

And he gets to holier than thou about it! He'd come off so much better if he just shared his secrets and told people that they could do the same thing, too! Sorry Davey, but Jesus had nothing to do with you knowing how to suss out the best deals. You did research. Just admit it! 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And he gets to holier than thou about it! He'd come off so much better if he just shared his secrets and told people that they could do the same thing, too! Sorry Davey, but Jesus had nothing to do with you knowing how to suss out the best deals. You did research. Just admit it! 

Maybe he meant being thankful for the free stuff that people gave them. I can't get over how much alike he and Prissy look. Their kids are cute as well. I find TFDW far more likeable than most of the Fundy ilk and David possesses a maturity of someone who actually lives in the real world. 

I was kind of shocked to read that he actually used a credit card.  I thought credit cards were verboten in ATI/Gothard Land.

• Love 2

I hope this time he understood the difference between his personal card and the corporate one. That was the total DUH! moment in my friend's personal interaction with him about a month ago. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I hope this time he understood the difference between his personal card and the corporate one. That was the total DUH! moment in my friend's personal interaction with him about a month ago. 

Please explain :)

The friend put a gag order on me, so I can't give any details of where and why. But suffice it to say that Davey is as arrogant and douchey as he comes across in his social media ramblings. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I know Marjorie is pretty talented with her lettering, but this arrow nonsense is getting to be ridiculous. Wanna bet she designed Spooge's little shirt? eta: I noticed in the zillion hashtags that she has an online store, so I might not be that far off the mark. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
(edited)
On May 27, 2016 at 8:06 PM, louannems said:

CSC_0014.JPG

Zsu's newborn sleeps on her belly since modern research regarding SIDS is all wrong.

Her oldest child, a 15 yo, is allowed to have a summer job!  That is very good!  You know JB would never allow his brood to do real work.

What the heck is wrong with these Fundies? Zsu's baby is in that Moses basket in a very unstable position. Mosquito netting is always a good idea, so she gets some common sense points for that.  Fundies have already demonstrated the improper use of Bumbo chairs...

I thought she was precariously balanced on that chair, but it appears she's suspended in a sling...still not a good idea, since we all know the nursery rhyme Rockabye Baby ends very badly for the baby. She does look very sweet there, little cutie.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I know Marjorie is pretty talented with her lettering, but this arrow nonsense is getting to be ridiculous. Wanna bet she designed Spooge's little shirt? eta: I noticed in the zillion hashtags that she has an online store, so I might not be that far off the mark. 

It's nice work...very nicely done.

Looks like the arrow is the latest QF thing. I guess they are on the cutting edge of Fundy fashion.

• Love 1

Looks like someone caught Tori Bates and her beau Bobby on what looks to be I Love You Day. That day is slated to be featured as an episode on the upcoming season of the show. I wonder if this is when he asked to court, or if sidehugs are now universally okay before courtship now (we saw Nathan and Ashley hug quite a bit, actually). 

Crud, the picture is too big, but it was four frames of Tori being given some roses and hugs, with what looked like a younger brother (can't tell the middle boys apart, but he was annoyingly close) and Erin hanging in the background, but in front of whomever took the pictures. 

Where's that photo to be found?

Ok, now I may be showing my ignorance here, but nearly 1400 Dollars for a fridge?????? For real???? Is that a normal price for a fridge in the US?

Just did a quick Google, and even the humongous american style fridge freezers are much cheaper than that here. Would it not be in your mind to buy something less expensive if you can't afford it? Why do they delight and revel so much in anything they get cheap or for free? Do they feel that they were "blessed" and are speshul or something?

I worry about Priscilla, I really do. TFDW is an asshat to be sure, and I think he can and is very manipulating and nasty if he wants to. She isn't terribly bright and obviously feels she must live up to perfection, because otherwise, she would be a bad bad wifey.

Nice lettering Marj does, but golly, that girl needs ATTENTION, doesn't she? Lucky escape for her though, the Dugs have a terrifying tendency to absorb and change people for the worse.

It was on IG, but then taken down. I downloaded it to save people a trip to FJ, but it was still there last time I checked (also downloaded, thank heavens) on the Tori courtship thread. 

14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Davey's latest blog post. If you can get past the sanctimonious tone, there are some pictures of the remodeled meth lab. 

I can't believe that the Keller boys were forced into two months of indentured servitude in Texas. Ma and Pa Keller are doing everything they can to keep those last two fully indoctrinated. *sigh*

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2016/05/29/moving-in/

Couponing with TFDW at Lowe's love it. lol

Linoleum' they still make that? Who knew.

• Love 1

Priscilla's brothers provide free labor, David's nearby relatives provide free babysitting. I'm all for families helping each other, but have we ever seen David or Priscilla getting their hands dirty to help anyone else? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem like a couple of real takers to me.

I think that before Josh's downfall, he and Anna and David and Priscilla were the Golden Couples of the extended Duggar/Waller/Keller network. David was Gothard's right-hand man and Josh was a big shot at the FRC. They were celebrities in Fundyland and enjoyed a comfortable lifestyle that most Gothard followers could never achieve. I think they came to take it for granted that other people would rush to do their grunt work for them. Josh, of course, crashed and burned, but David is still riding high. Eventually the Gothard Empire is going to collapse in a mire of scandal and financial shenanigans and David is going to be unemployed and unemployable (and when that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if he's set up by the Board to be the fall guy). Pride always goeth before a fall.

• Love 4

Marjorie's throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks, looks like. She and younger sis Genevieve have done a little youtube singing recently, too. It's just a cover and it's just youtube, but they've got a group name and Marjorie's involved, so iTunes probably isn't far behind.

Actually, that is nice. Is it two girls singing? They look so similar.

Much better voices than any of the Bateses or Duggars.

But she really does like the limelight, doesn't she? If people like her didn't pretend to "glorify the Lord" when all they want is for THEM to be known, I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

• Love 1

I had a Maxhell dream last night. I dreamt that I was interviewing Sarah Maxwell about cutting her hair. She seemed hesitant about answering my question so I said "What could your father (Steve) do if you decided to cut your hair without his permission? You're legally an adult.  " Then one of the Maxhell brothers came and sat right next to Sarah and stared her down.  She started to cry. Steve Maxhell may have also sat next to her,  but I can't remember.  It really was a sad dream and I wonder if Sarah realizes that she's trapped in this lifestyle. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

I had a Maxhell dream last night. I dreamt that I was interviewing Sarah Maxwell about cutting her hair. She seemed hesitant about answering my question so I said "What could your father (Steve) do if you decided to cut your hair without his permission? You're legally an adult.  " Then one of the Maxhell brothers came and sat right next to Sarah and stared her down.  She started to cry. Steve Maxhell may have also sat next to her,  but I can't remember.  It really was a sad dream and I wonder if Sarah realizes that she's trapped in this lifestyle. 

I think your dream reflects what we all know -- how Sarah and others like her must feel sometimes. Such a sweet godly girl who likely wants a husband and family, but she she's so sheltered and finds comfort in her Bible and golden retriever.  Perhaps a young Fundy widower with a couple of kids would be a good match for her?

i think she's too good at helping around the house for Steve and Terrified to let her go.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

But she really does like the limelight, doesn't she? If people like her didn't pretend to "glorify the Lord" when all they want is for THEM to be known, I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

It's Marjorie and her younger sister. And I agree that it's quite nice. She's not only talented but significantly multitalented.

I actually admire her ambition, too. And aside from her being tainted by Duggar contact, I don't even know for sure that she's heavily into the "I'm-just-glorifying-the-Lord-and-it's-all-Jesus-and-not-me" stuff. Can't say I've heard her say that, and she includes a lot of semi-secular quotes in her lettering and stuff, so she seems less inclined to parrot that constantly than other Duggar acquaintances. But to me she often pushes too hard to the point that it's awkward and offputting, and her 19 Kids participation smacked of trying to use Duggar leverage to get into show biz. Hopefully, her intelligence and the experiences she's gathering will help her grow out of that stuff as she leaves the teen years, though.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Marjorie is a huge phony famewhore, but I'll give her credit for her ambition. Maybe she'll start showing up to all the Bateseses events in the hopes of landing Lawson or Trace.

The Bateses might actually appreciate her talents, all for Jesus, of course. The Duggars? Not so much. For instance, Marjorie's music and art might dare to supplant Jana as the family's concert pianist and next Picasso.  Notice that Anna has no discernible talents. Even Smuggar has strummed a guitar with the Duggar Family "Musicians" since his marriage on occasion (before the DC move, mostly). 

It's definitely best that Marj ran like a bat out of hell once the scandals hit. Lord only knows how the Duggars would have stifled her talents. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

Marjorie writes books, sings and seems to be starting a little typography business. Huge kudos to this girl. 

Maybe she could find a use for the printing equipment Davey can't seem to get around to using.

Though "Couponing with Jesus" might be on the horizon.

• Love 2

Well just read the latest blog post from TFDW about moving in and I can't stand how he thinks God is giving him discounts and free stuff.  As many have also commented here on David's perception of getting entitlements from God I feel he is so full of himself thinking that God thinks he's so wonderful he's going to save him some money at Lowe's.    What happens in David's mind when an atheist get's a discount?  Is God trying to buy the atheist off?  To David it's all the same - God gave him Priscilla, God gave him his children, God gave him half off on his refrigerator. As per David's post:

" The stories could go on and on of how God blessed us with really fun things at incredible prices, or free! The slate was left-over from a job and someone just gave it to us. The trim was the same. The sink and cabinet was on clearance." 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

God didn't lead me to make that observation. I guess I'm hellbound! LOL

Sew Sumi, I guess you weren't faithful enough or trying super hard in your sweet season of life to be a neat, special snowflake.  Put a hockey puck in your underpants, fill a pair of rubber boots with coleslaw, and stand on your head and recite the Bible backwards as you ponder TFDWs Speshul Couponing Skills.  You might get the revelations you are seeking, or you may just end up with a sore head and funny looks from your family...but, it's worth a try...

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

That song was not ambitious. It was blah. 

I didn't say the song was ambitious. I said Marjorie was ambitious!

That's the kind of song that could sell really well among a certain pretty large group of Christians, I expect, particularly when sung by a couple of young women singing with a southern-country twang. Just like Marjorie's lettered quotations are exactly the kind of thing that goes over well with a mass audience of a certain Christian ilk -- the kind of thing that makes them feel good about their beliefs and about themselves.

And she's, what, 18, and putting out stuff in various media that she's clearly savvy enough to think probably will please a pretty large -- one might even say mass-market -- Christian audience of that sort. She's got some talents, she's clearly practiced this stuff hard, and she's putting it out there to gain an audience and to sell. I think she's ambitious as hell.

She's not expressing herself through art as a personal thing. That might make an ambitious SONG, but it wouldn't necessarily make her ambitious. She's manufacturing product calculated to make sales, and it looks as if she's doing that pretty much on her own, not as a tool or pawn of some parent or producer or publisher or whatever. She's a damn entrepreneur and she's going after it hard. As a teenager from a cult that generally oppresses and discourages women from stepping to the forefront at all. I call that ambitious and gutsy as all get out, really.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, MunichNark said:

That's because Marjorie was being courted by Josiah Duggar. The courtship ended pretty quickly. We never found out why.

• Love 1
(edited)

They claimed that it ended amicably, but never said who dumped whom. But with the timing of the breakup in conjunction with Joshgate I, and the show being put on a hiatus of undetermined length, the lines aren't that hard to fill in. ESPECIALLY when you have this ambitious girl trying to get her name out there. She may have really liked Josiah, but it's hard not to see her using the Duggars as a means to an end. 

One that I said before the Duggars may have frowned upon once its full extent became known, since it would make their own girls look deficient by comparison. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
(edited)

I never saw the part about Marjorie's dad. I think the sexting stuff was bullshit, because I don't think Duggar boys are allowed real cell phones before they court. And while courting, I think they're still on group texts. Why else would Ben talk about not knowing his spouse until he married her?

But hey! The family who named their kid Heistheway visited the Duggars over the weekend! I think Tim was former military, and was on scene in that shooting on a base in TN a year or two back? I figure he was in the military before Gothard, and he is all the Duggars have to trot out. I bet he was trotted out in front of those seniors we saw in earlier posts. 

eta: No Duggars in these pics other than JD. The majority of them must have been filming planting Jana's Doomed Garden or something. THAT is weird. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Again with the God bought, God allowed. Do they really think the God they believe in wants to micromanage every damn moment of their lives. And given they seem to think he's kind of a vengeful God, would he have the patience to put up with all their endless need for blessings, reassurance and validation.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I didn't say the song was ambitious. I said Marjorie was ambitious!

If indeed she did design the little t-shirt Bam Bam is wearing, then I call her pretty business savvy. Bam Bam wears the t-shirt=free advertising=orders=the girl is making $$$$$$.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I never saw the part about Marjorie's dad. I think the sexting stuff was bullshit, because I don't think Duggar boys are allowed real cell phones before they court. And while courting, I think they're still on group texts. Why else would Ben talk about not knowing his spouse until he married her?

But hey! The family who named their kid Heistheway visited the Duggars over the weekend! I think Tim was former military, and was on scene in that shooting on a base in TN a year or two back? I figure he was in the military before Gothard, and he is all the Duggars have to trot out. I bet he was trotted out in front of those seniors we saw in earlier posts. 

eta: No Duggars in these pics other than JD. The majority of them must have been filming planting Jana's Doomed Garden or something. THAT is weird. 

I wonder which god she thinks would not allow them to share their testimonies about his greatness. I guess that would be the great big dummy god who totally acts against his own self interest. These people just don't think at all.

And what the hell are these little kids testifying about? God allowed somebody to drop a wrapped candy in the sandbox and allowed me to see it and pick it up -- Praise the lord!  And to what part of god's greatness can JD offer testimony? God is soooo great cuz he's allowed me to be eternally stuck as one of Jizm Bob's multiple errand boys, with no shot in hell of ever having friends or fun or a paying job or a life and family of my own! I suppose he's decided to think he's blessed cause he gets to fly Jizm's plane to wherever Jizm wants to go. But yeesh.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I took a peek at their Instagram - yikes they look like Duggars in the making. I had to stop looking when I got to the pic of the family at a road race. They all have their numbers pinned on, and all the kids, even the boys are wearing flip flops. And that was after a picture of the dad showing off his pistol.